View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Here we go:
    BlackBerry Revenue to Begin Growing in a Year, Chen Says - Bloomberg Business

John Chen, chief executive officer of BlackBerry Ltd., talks about the outlook for the company's revenue, BlackBerry's new products and prospects for its handset business. He speaks with Erik Schatzker at the Milken Institute's 2015 Global Conference in Beverly Hills, California, on Bloomberg Television's "Street Smart." Bloomberg's Alix Steel also speaks. (Source: Bloomberg)
    04-27-15 03:47 PM
    Disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 04:07 PM
    Yeah I don't like that projection. It keeps getting pushed out. Before it was trough (660M) then grow (=grow should have been this quarter) now it suggests we could still decline? Ouch.

OT: Apples phone sales will decline against the S6 competition...and I don't think the watch will help a lot. Maybe enough. And huge buyback?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 04:08 PM
    Yeah I don't like that projection. It keeps getting pushed out. Before it was trough (660M) then grow (=grow should have been this quarter) now it suggests we could still decline? Ouch.

OT: Apples phone sales will decline against the S6 competition...and I don't think the watch will help a lot. Maybe enough. And huge buyback?

Posted via CB10
    So much for Johnny boy being ahead of schedule.
    04-27-15 04:14 PM
    So much for Johnny boy being ahead of schedule.
    You sure that's different. He wasn't projected break even until to nest quarter. Got that last quarter and small profit this past quarter.

Service revenue will still decline each quarter. Hardware makes some cash but the new software revenue growth a few quarters out is still ahead of the end of the '16 fiscal year.

I think he means big "G" growth is still a few quarters off. Which makes sense. Growth the far exce,ed the SAF revenue loss.

But sometimes it seems like he is a little too open.

If the creates a buying op I'll be adding tomorrow

Posted with my flash Passport
    04-27-15 04:35 PM
    Be careful Gang. Stay out of trouble.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    04-27-15 05:14 PM
    Thanks! to one member of this thread I got one Zed 30 delivered today for the madame (I can't wait to put here iphone in the attic), a second Zed 30 will be delivered later this week so I can play with it while waiting for the Slider!!
    Happy day gang
    04-27-15 05:18 PM
    Will try hard!!

04-27-15 05:19 PM

I'm glad you saw that too

#BBFactCheck
    04-27-15 05:25 PM
    Thread has been cleaned (again).

[warn]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/warn]
    04-27-15 05:38 PM
    Darn it...missed the fun (turns and walks away)....

Classically Posted.
    04-27-15 06:33 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

The mere idea of regaining privacy sends law enforcement into a tizzy | ZDNet
    The prospect of security awareness and actual cryptography in the hands of regular citizens has the disturbing habit of sending agents of the state into all manner of silly name calling.. "People have been made afraid that if you let communications be secure, the villains will win,"
    04-27-15 06:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    LOL
    Update: Growth in China, iPhone 6 push Apple to another record quarter | Computerworld

http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...-short-602985/
    rarsen and awindsr like this.
    04-27-15 07:17 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    OT here!!!!! ... any thoughts out there??.. is this a good time to enter / take a long position in a company like ACAD or any other specific biotech co?

Thanks!

LONG bb.to

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:34 PM
    So Friday night I was hanging out at bar. The owner noticed my Z10 and struck up conversation. We talked about phones and where blackberry was and where it was going. Where it went wrong etc.

He said couldn't divulge too much info but he had it on good word from an extremely high up at Bell Canada that Blackberry had something BIG up it's sleeve. Since we had been talking about apps I said "google play services coming? i thought that was pretty much a non starter" He said he couldn't say yes or no, but it was going to be significant. I really didn't think much of it cause he was drunk.

anyway, i'd figure i'd share that considering what Chen said today. It would be awesome it Blackberry got Google Play services. However, my other hunch is that Samsung might license BB10? Actually now that I'm jogging my memory, he alluded to Blackberry moving away from BB10. I remember saying "no way, maybe they intergrate Android more but I can't see them giving up on BB10" and then he smiled and said he couldn't say more.

could of been drunk talk. who knows.
    04-27-15 07:37 PM
    So Friday night I was hanging out at bar. The owner noticed my Z10 and struck up conversation. We talked about phones and where blackberry was and where it was going. Where it went wrong etc.

He said couldn't divulge too much info but he had it on good word from an extremely high up at Bell Canada that Blackberry had something BIG up it's sleeve. Since we had been talking about apps I said "google play services coming? i thought that was pretty much a non starter" He said he couldn't say yes or no, but it was going to be significant. I really didn't think much of it cause he was drunk.

anyway, i'd figure i'd share that considering what Chen said today. It would be awesome it Blackberry got Google Play services. However, my other hunch is that Samsung might license BB10? Actually now that I'm jogging my memory, he alluded to Blackberry moving away from BB10. I remember saying "no way, maybe they intergrate Android more but I can't see them giving up on BB10" and then he smiled and said he couldn't say more.

sadly it wouldn't matter, still playing catch up, years too late. So Sad
    04-27-15 07:43 PM

Maybe ability to play ios apps and moving away from Android?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:11 PM
    Maybe ability to play ios apps and moving away from Android?

Posted via CB10
    Or...maybe the ability to run both Android AND it's apps. Why move away from one just for the other when you can do both?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:33 PM

My wild guess, BlackBerry announces that BB10 shrinks to become a hypervisor running an Android runtime. An iOS runtime gets leaked and is allowed to run in unsupported mode because BlackBerry would need Apple's blessing and they won't get it. Maybe just maybe the Hub survives but it would become an enterprise option, running in a secure BES12 container.

Like I said, wild guess.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:42 PM
    OT: new Turing phone. Sexy, for sure. But who's going to trust these guys with their important documents?

Wonder why we have seen BlackBerry make a rugged design phone for construction, military, etc. Especially since we can't get support from Otter Box, etc.

Posted via CB10
    I just remembered reading this post and intending to respond. I think the Classic is a rock solid device for the construction industry. As I've stated before, I purchased (3) of them for my company to replace my Passport and (2) 4 year old 9900's, which lasted as long.

That said, I use mine naked without a case, but my two job project managers have Otterbox defender series cases on them and I have to say, these things look and feel like they were born to wear these cases. They fit beautifully, make typing and holding the phone very enjoyable and give you the desire to throw them at a brick wall expecting not a scratch. They add a lot of weight and bulk, which I'd usually be against, but for this device, it works really well. They give it a very substantial and premium feel.

I recall my DEA buddy using and loving the Otterbox on his Q10 as well. Between that and my Classics, I can't think of a better, more rugged device for my industry.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    04-27-15 08:53 PM
    Or...maybe the ability to run both Android AND it's apps. Why move away from one just for the other when you can do both?

Posted via CB10

Quite possibly though - it was just an offhand remark. As CEO, he obviously has to say 'something is brewing'. Company is always working on something or the other. Something is always brewing. It's a perpetually true statement.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and Corbu like this.
    04-27-15 09:49 PM
    Samsung and bb10 would be awesome because every best buy in the USA will carry it.

If they got Google play on it also, that would be icing on the cake.

And an 810 cpu on the slider would make the android runtime run like melted butter .

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and Mr BBRY like this.
    04-27-15 10:12 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150427_202225.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150427_202238.png

I found this post interesting.. I dont have enough technical background to evaluate it critically. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 10:24 PM
    [QUOTE=spike12;11596173

I found this post interesting.. I dont have enough technical background to evaluate it critically. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I'll do some homework tomorrow

#BBFactCheck
    04-27-15 10:31 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150427_202225.png 
Views:	1102 
Size:	270.3 KB 
ID:	349893
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150427_202238.png 
Views:	1098 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	349894

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that post showing that very interesting comment. Some questions here are

How many people are using Qt studio for iOS and android development. This would tell us what our app conversion base would be.

What kind of support and how good is Qt for building apps in it.

I'll try and look it up

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 10:48 PM
113,256 ... 33433344334533463347 ...