View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BlackBerry Unveils the BlackBerry Classic in White (ccnm)

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - April 26, 2015) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSX:BB), a global leader in mobile communications, today announced a white color version of the BlackBerry� Classic� smartphone. The no-nonsense smartphone is built to meet the needs of productive people who appreciate the speed and accuracy that can be found with a physical QWERTY keyboard. The white colored BlackBerry Classic is available this week in Indonesia through authorized distributors, and in Hong Kong through carrier partners csl, 3 Hong Kong and SmarTone, and authorized distributors Broadway Photo Supply Ltd, Fortress, Hong Kong Suning, Chung Yuen Electrical Co., Ltd and Nuance-Watson (HK) Ltd. This new color option will continue to roll out over the next few weeks online and in carrier retail stores across select countries in Asia, Europe and the Middle East.

Ron Louks, President, Devices and Emerging Solutions at BlackBerry, said: "The introduction of the BlackBerry Classic in white offers yet another color choice to users who desire a stylish smartphone, yet understand the need for a mobile business tool that keeps them productive and securely manages their information."

Unveiled in December 2014, BlackBerry Classic upgrades the BlackBerry� Bold 9900 experience with:

Three times faster browser
    60 percent more screen space
    50 percent longer battery life
    Greater variety of applications through BlackBerry� World� storefront and the Amazon Appstore
    Top features of the BlackBerry Classic that drive productivity, communications and collaboration include:

BlackBerry� Keyboard & Trackpad - The QWERTY keyboard has stood the test of time as the iconic BlackBerry feature that users know and trust. Crafted for optimal speed and accuracy, the BlackBerry Classic's QWERTY keyboard gives users the control and confidence to communicate quickly and clearly using one hand with a trackpad and classic navigation keys.
    BlackBerry� Browser - The BlackBerry 10 web browser is amazingly fast and astoundingly beautiful. That's why HTML5TEST.com rates it amongst the top mobile browsers for web fidelity.* Access your favorite online content as it was meant to be seen, faster than ever before and with unlimited browser tabs.
    Screen & Battery - The BlackBerry Classic offers a form factor optimized for power communicators with a 3.5-inch touch screen display, 294 dpi HD resolution and Corning� Gorilla� Glass 3 for greater durability. The BlackBerry Classic also offers a large battery capacity and state-of-the-art battery optimization software. With up to 22 hours of battery power, you can be confident that BlackBerry Classic will be ready to deliver results when you need it.**
    Premium Design, Built to Last - The BlackBerry Classic is purpose built and built to last - from the outer frame which is cut from a solid block of stainless steel, to the textured back for better grip. The BlackBerry Classic also includes premium components, including a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB of device storage (expandable by up to 128GB via uSD), and a 2MP front- and 8MP rear-facing camera with enhanced optics and upgraded imaging sensors.
    BlackBerry� 10 OS 10.3.1 - The BlackBerry Classic comes preloaded with the BlackBerry 10.3.1 operating system, offering a fresh look that incorporates updated icons and an instant action bar so that each user's most commonly accessed functions are in the center of their screen. With this new operating system, users gain access to powerful features, including:
    BlackBerry� Blend - BlackBerry Blend brings messaging and content that is on your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet. Get instant message notifications, read and respond to your work and personal email, BBM� and text messages, and access your documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on whatever device you are on, powered by your BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry� Assistant - The BlackBerry Assistant is BlackBerry's first digital assistant and can be used with voice and text commands to help users manage work and personal email, contacts, calendar and other native BlackBerry 10 applications. It's the only smartphone assistant on the market today that can access both personal and work content in your work perimeter. BlackBerry Assistant intelligently determines how to respond to you based on how you interact with it - if you type, it responds silently, if you speak, it speaks back and if you activate over Bluetooth, it speaks back with additional context because it assumes you might not have access to the screen.
    Dual app storefronts preloaded for access to a huge selection of apps for work and play:
    BlackBerry World - BlackBerry World offers essential business and productivity apps for professionals looking to drive efficient communications and collaboration including Box, Evernote, Cisco WebEx Meetings and Documents to Go.
    Amazon Appstore - Preloaded on BlackBerry Classic, discover and download popular Android apps and games through the Amazon Appstore including Candy Crush Saga, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Kindle and Amazon Shopping.
    BlackBerry� Hub - The one place to manage all your conversations - email, texts, BBM, phone calls, social media and more. You can even glance at what's next in your calendar. It's always available with a single swipe to help you stay organized, in control and on top of all your conversations.
    BlackBerry Classic is built on BlackBerry's renowned secure operating system, with built-in protection against viruses, tampering and data leaks. The BlackBerry Classic is private by default, protecting users with encrypted email, web browsing and BBM.

Availability

The BlackBerry Classic is now available in black through global carriers and online through ShopBlackBerry.com and Amazon.com. The white variant will begin rolling out this week in Hong Kong through authorized distributors, and the United Kingdom through ShopBlackBerry.com and Amazon.com. Additional country rollouts will follow in the coming weeks, including Italy, Vietnam, Indonesia, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.

For more information on the BlackBerry Classic, please visit http://www.BlackBerry.com/Classic.

* Data taken from HTML5TEST.com from January, 2013 to July 22, 2014 and compares the latest builds for this duration for Android, Chrome, Firefox, iOS and Windows.

** Based on GSMA PRD TW.09 Battery Life Measurement Technique and a mixed usage scenario. Many factors affect battery life, including network connectivity, application usage, feature configuration and battery age. Actual results may vary.
    04-26-15 09:07 PM
    04-26-15 09:16 PM
    Thanks very much for your insight.
    I never even thought about getting a nice keyboard instead of the mag unit. Makes sense getting a premium one considering I'd have to buy the mag unit separately anyway.
    Have you pushed the limits of the pro2 graphically, whether some sort of game or HD video?

Posted via CB10
    Hii...no, not at all, just use for mundane work stuff and surfing, sorry I can't be of more help.

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy and awindsr like this.
    04-26-15 09:25 PM
    One for the OT conspiracy theorists. This one has foul play written all over it:

http://m.bnn.ca/article?url=http%3A%...ome&feedId=320

On a lighter note, a hope all y'all have a good trading week.
    04-27-15 12:25 AM
    Is it just me or are the Porsche Design phones getting boring and predictable ??

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB likes this.
    04-27-15 12:32 AM
    Is it just me or are the Porsche Design phones getting boring and predictable ??

Posted via CB10
    + 1. And I don't really understand the reasoning behind releasing Porsche Design phones after a delay of several months. By that time, specs are already outdated and (usually) when BlackBerry releases a device, specs are not top of the line in the first place.

Yes, specs don't matter much but they are mentioned in every review and on paper it makes the device look inferior.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-27-15 02:01 AM
    + 1. And I don't really understand the reasoning behind releasing Porsche Design phones after a delay of several months. By that time, specs are already outdated and (usually) when BlackBerry releases a device, specs are not top of the line in the first place.

Yes, specs don't matter much but they are mentioned in every review and on paper it makes the device look inferior.
    Yeah, I've always been confused by that too. Why they don't release them all at the same time is beyond me. The white Classic is not only now coming out too...why? As it's all about Enterprise, etc., I guess these things don't matter much, but it would be nice to see a better organised release of devices.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-27-15 06:02 AM
    Sure would...for instance, what's up with that silly watch thing from Apple...been talking about it for a year...then they "release" it, but you can't actually have it for three months...crazy!!!

Classically Posted.
    04-27-15 06:08 AM
    OT...speaking of which: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1336...-apple-watches

Classically Posted.
    rarsen, bungaboy, awindsr and 4 others like this.
    04-27-15 06:32 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    OT...speaking of which: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1336...-apple-watches

Classically Posted.
    Yeah..friends iphone 6+ dropped today and cracked the glass .. cost him $160 at Apple...

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    04-27-15 06:51 AM
    Yeah..friends iphone 6+ dropped today and cracked the glass .. cost him $160 at Apple...

Posted via CB10
    + = extra costs I guess. LOL.

Classically Posted.
    04-27-15 07:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    For a thousand dollar phone, to replace the glass by the manufacturer for $160 isn't bad.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:44 AM
    OT: Yuck this morning.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150427_091226.jpg
    04-27-15 08:43 AM
    Really!?
    This was worth writing about?

http://www.businessinsider.in/You-ha...w/47071364.cms

Hard hitting journalist.
    I smell a Pulitzer prize winner.

Posting the picture so you don't have to click the link.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150427_103418.png

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 349723

Edit: Sorry about the duplicate picture. I can't get rid of the double.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150427_104402.png  
    04-27-15 08:45 AM
    This!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-slider-copy.png
    04-27-15 08:50 AM
    That's a mockup, not a leaked pic, right?
    04-27-15 09:18 AM
    This!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slider - Copy.png 
Views:	1294 
Size:	249.7 KB 
ID:	349724
    Take my money

#BBFactCheck
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    04-27-15 09:22 AM
    Really!?
    This was worth writing about?

You had 'one' job, BlackBerry - company makes a grammar gaffe in its advertising | Business Insider India

Hard hitting journalist.
    I smell a Pulitzer prize winner.

Posting the picture so you don't have to click the link.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150427_103418.png 
Views:	1227 
Size:	234.7 KB 
ID:	349720

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 349723

Edit: Sorry about the duplicate picture. I can't get rid of the double.
    Pretty weak and the marketing resource who made that mistake should be fired.

But at the same time bad grammar does not take away from the device or security, but it can make one question the competence of the company based on its hiring of resources.
    04-27-15 09:27 AM
    Take my money

#BBFactCheck
    As long as it has a big enough battery (judging by the most recent releases, it will), I'm sold on this. I want it.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 09:28 AM
    That's a mockup, not a leaked pic, right?
    Three unannounced BlackBerry models are photographed
    jxnb, awindsr, theRock1975 and 6 others like this.
    04-27-15 09:37 AM
    As long as it has a big enough battery (judging by the most recent releases, it will), I'm sold on this. I want it.

Posted via CB10
    From the article in Phone Arena.

"The BlackBerry Slider/Venice is top-shelf all the way from the 5.1-inch 1440 x 2560 (QHD) resolution screen, to the octa-core CPU. A 3650mAh battery keeps the lights on, and the phone would offer a 16MP rear-facing camera along with a 5MP front-facing snapper. This handset could make a debut this coming fall."
    04-27-15 09:42 AM
    The comment section is hilarious

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 09:55 AM
    Hmmm, still looks like a photoshop job to me (doesn't mean it is). The date (wed Apr 22nd) on the calendar icon is correct. What's that "10" icon?
    04-27-15 10:12 AM
    so its no longer a qwerty keyboard?
    04-27-15 10:14 AM
113,256 ... 33413342334333443345 ...