View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    that's too bad. as much as i support blackberry, i feel the ruined The Astonishing Tribe. IMO the playbook UI was fantastic, WAY more user friendly and less of a learning curve that BB10 OS. My parent's still use the playbooks I bought them. FYI you can make video calls from the playbook to bbm. totally random
    04-24-15 12:39 PM
    ... remember ? : "BES Cloud is gonna hit some hard".
    One of the key reason of MOBL problems if you ask me. Past history has no real value. Starting now, there's a new player in the place. And many small-medium sized oponents are freaking .
    Yeah, and to your point, people forget or don't know that BlackBerry clearly has the lions's share of the space.
    MOBL should have never even been compared, and certainly the market is justly showing the real value of the company. I think that even 7 is too high for this company. I see a further drop.

I personally want to see BlackBerry knock out Citrix, but VM would be first I suspect.
    If we keep seeing this forward momentum, I would expect IBM to possibly make a bid for BlackBerry if IBMs system shows to be fruitless.
    04-24-15 12:40 PM
    Given it's options expiry day....stock is holding up pretty well on under average volume. Would love to see a close at the recent highs of 10.45ish. Would set up nicely for a run to the top of channel next week.
    04-24-15 12:40 PM
    Yeah, and to your point, people forget or don't know that BlackBerry clearly has the lions's share of the space.
    MOBL should have never even been compared, and certainly the market is justly showing the real value of the company. I think that even 7 is too high for this company. I see a further drop.

I personally want to see BlackBerry knock out Citrix, but VM would be first I suspect.
    If we keep seeing this forward momentum, I would expect IBM to possibly make a bid for BlackBerry if their system shows to be fruitless.
    Faucette's 'Bear' case is more likely a reasonable target...and only for a takeover. I don't see many wanting to takeover this company though....the story will play out over the next 3 quarters. If they can't grow revs over that time, they will be burning 10-20M cash per quarter, and the end will be near.
    04-24-15 12:43 PM
    OT: MOBL
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/equity...174500673.html
    EQUITY ALERT: The Rosen Law Firm Announces Investigation of Securities Claims Against MobileIron, Inc.

The Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating potential securities claims on behalf of investors of MobileIron, Inc. (MOBL) resulting from allegations that MobileIron may have issued materially misleading business information to the investing public.

[...]

The Rosen Law Firm is preparing a class action lawsuit to recover losses suffered by MobileIron investors.
    04-24-15 12:50 PM
    Blackberry Takes Significant Lead Over Apple and Google

Read more at http://www.tgdaily.com/web/132086-bl...Z9xOm5taUxZ.99
    04-24-15 01:55 PM
    I really hope Blackberry puts it to Mobile and offers a discount for any company coming from Mobile over to Blackberry with no set up costs. Would be nice to be on that side of an offer this time.
    04-24-15 02:48 PM
    BlackBerry Mulls Closing Sweden Operations - WSJ

BlackBerry Mulls Closing Sweden Operations
    Canadian smartphone maker to make final decision on potential closure and layoffs after union talks

By BEN DUMMETT
    April 24, 2015 4:00 p.m. ET

BlackBerry Ltd. is considering closing its offices in Sweden, a move that would put up to 100 employees out of work, as the company focuses on developing mobile security and productivity software to reignite growth.

The Canadian smartphone maker, which employs about 7,000 people globally, said it would make a final decision on the planned closure after completing talks with the employees’ unions.

“At this time, we are considering the closure of our offices in Sweden [and] since this may impact approximately 100 employees, we are now initiating consultations with the employees’ trade unions,” a BlackBerry spokeswoman said in an email. The company didn’t indicate when it hoped to make a final decision.

BlackBerry’s operations are largely nonunionized, though some locations are, particularly in Europe.

The potential closure underscores that BlackBerry continues to keep an eye on expenses even after indicating last year that the bulk of its cost-cutting initiatives were over.

The operations in Sweden developed devices including BlackBerry 10 smartphones. The BlackBerry 10 was launched in 2013 but failed to gain traction against Apple Inc.’s iPhone and devices powered by Google Inc.’s Android operating system. BlackBerry still offers the BlackBerry 10, but doesn’t need as many people to maintain the device as it did during development.

While BlackBerry has more recently launched a string of smartphones aimed at professionals, it is increasingly betting on new mobile software aimed at fostering worker productivity and device security to revive sales.

“As we continue executing our plan for BlackBerry’s turnaround, we remain focused on driving efficiencies across our global workforce, including the potential closure of offices,” the BlackBerry spokeswoman said. “Our intention is to reallocate resources in ways that will best enable us to capitalize on growth opportunities across all facets of our business.”

Earlier this week, BlackBerry said it would acquire WatchDox Ltd. to boost its mobile security offerings. The deal gives the company a platform to expand its research and development operations into Israel, a center for the development of security technologies.
    04-24-15 03:03 PM
    Short Interest update
    As of 3/31 ---- 92.69M
    As of 4/15 ---- 93.83M

Increase of a little over million shares

Posted via CB10
    W Hoa, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 12 others like this.
    04-24-15 03:04 PM
    04-24-15 03:32 PM
    A very interesting move will this replace Box or Dropbox and possibly for corp vs iron mountain.

Posted using CB10 via Z10
    And I was RIGHT on the money ...

^ This company seems to have already done their research from what I've already seen in 3 different company's across the past 5yrs.
    04-24-15 05:37 PM
    Happy weekend all...things that make you go hmmmm: http://www.nanalyze.com/2014/06/will...thcare-system/

Classically Posted.
    Corbu, bungaboy, awindsr and 3 others like this.
    04-24-15 07:11 PM
    OT: MOBL
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/equity...174500673.html
    EQUITY ALERT: The Rosen Law Firm Announces Investigation of Securities Claims Against MobileIron, Inc.
    This lawsuit is akin to that stormy day when BlackBerry dropped 35% over night, and then lost even more as you all painfully recall. If you don't recall it, get Bunga to snap you a picture of his buttocks that he tattooed the date into (heh).
    The similar BlackBerry lawsuit didn't get anywhere though, so I wonder if these investors will be left out too.
    That said, the madness has to stop. People's lively-hoods are being toyed with.

Side thought: If the claimants are MS or GS scum bags, it will be a big win.
    04-24-15 07:24 PM
    Finally Master Chen's brilliance and moxie will get some deserved recognition.

http://www.opptrends.com/2015/04/bla...al-conference/

I was waiting for week's end to post my usual short interest chart, and it works with kadakn's post nicely.
    Bonus-berry (pun intended) of MOBL's SI chart too:

Notice how our stock climbed today with a huge short volume!?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150424_181234_edit.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150424_181208_edit.png
    04-24-15 08:16 PM
    OT: AYA.TO

Hey guys because it is the weekend just wondering if anyone has been following Amaya Gaming? the charts seem to have finally found a bottom around $27 with MACD perking upwards wondering what others have thought of this other than charting. Much thanks!
    04-25-15 03:30 AM
    BES cloud pricing
    Yeah, gonna hit hard...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1429743345262.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, lech31, rarsen and 17 others like this.
    04-25-15 06:34 AM
    BES cloud pricing
    Yeah, gonna hit hard...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1429743345262.jpg 
Views:	3387 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	349390

Posted via CB10
    Is that monthly

#BBFactCheck
    04-25-15 07:02 AM
    Is that monthly

#BBFactCheck
    Silver BES Cloud Annual Subscription

https://store.blackberry.com/direct/.../1?q=BES+Cloud
    04-25-15 07:15 AM
    Hey Guys! Hope everyone is doing well and making money!!

Just dropping by -- just finished catching up on everything BBRY and HALO on this thread since mid April lol. Lots of good info/news!

I finished that HUGE Series 7 book and picked up a supplemental read (Series 7 For Dummies). I'm scheduled to test in about a month! Woo hoo!!! Starting to focus on lots of practice tests now, so I'm well prepared.

Regarding BBRY and HALO, I REALLY wanted to buy some BBRY and HALO when they both dropped off recently to the $8s and $13s respectively, but the new employer has a strict personal trading policy, and wouldn't allow it since all of the onboarding requirements weren't met yet (had to change Broker/Dealers). The other downside is that they make you hold every position for a minimum of 30 days, which affects my swing trade strategy...meeeh.

Anywho, now that I've got all the financials in order, I'm definitely looking on taking some nice long positions! Thanks for all the invaluable information you guys post, I appreciate it! And a special thanks to Morgan et, al for all of your in depth insights!

Have a great weekend gang! Cheers!

*EDIT* GO SPURS GO!!!

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    bungaboy, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 11 others like this.
    04-25-15 08:19 AM
    04-25-15 08:47 AM
    Something to look forward to:

FOX Business Network’s Maria Bartiromo will anchor Opening Bell with Maria Bartiromo live from the Milken Institute Global Conference on Monday, April 27th and Tuesday, April 28th in Los Angeles, CA. During this annual conference, Bartiromo will hold interviews with the top leaders in their field, including former U.S. Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson, Liberty Media Corporation President and CEO Greg Maffei, BlackBerry CEO John Chen, Blackstone Chairman and CEO Steve Schwarzman, CME Group Executive Chairman Terry Duffy, among others.
    04-25-15 08:47 AM
    OT: new Turing phone. Sexy, for sure. But who's going to trust these guys with their important documents?

Wonder why we have seen BlackBerry make a rugged design phone for construction, military, etc. Especially since we can't get support from Otter Box, etc.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 09:36 AM
    Massive OT.

Ferrari 250 GT SWB...
    That's a $20 million car...
    At the 'Tour Auto' with engaged friends and family
    Some quick and dirty pics on the fly. Don't cry

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150425_175245.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150425_175631.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150425_174800.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150425_174658.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150425_174523.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150425_174447.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150425_163222.jpg

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, Corbu and 15 others like this.
    04-25-15 11:00 AM
    Slightly OT:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/turing-phon...yption-1498003

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and awindsr like this.
    04-25-15 11:18 AM
    BES cloud pricing
    Yeah, gonna hit hard...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1429743345262.jpg 
Views:	3387 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	349390

Posted via CB10
    That looks like the same price as on-premises licensing. If so, then the deciding factor would be Work Drives. If you want it, you need to go on-premises, if not you can go cloud, or go hybrid of the two.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 11:40 AM
113,250 ... 33393340334133423343 ...