View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    F???, now I have to change my underwear! Pissed myself!
    What a laugh that was, thanks!
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-23-15 01:28 PM
    OT: PSDV

Morgan,

I don't want to take too much of your time but if/when you have a minute, would you be so kind to give us your opinion on the state of affairs regarding PSDV? I went over your previous posts and believe that you are still following them closely and, quite frankly, I am not. I would appreciate your insight.

And again, thanks for everything you have done for so many of us here.

Cheers,

PS: I was just writing this as take99 posted the above link...
    take99, lech31, q649 and 2 others like this.
    04-23-15 01:39 PM
    So...
    So MS dropped the stock right away with the ER warning?

And....I don't think this will ever play out...

"One potential positive outcome may be that the Board and VC investors may be more willing to consider a potential sale of the company at 3-4x revenue."
    04-23-15 01:45 PM
    I have a dumb question that I think Superfly may be able to answer. Why is BES 12 superior to the competitors? What are the main differentiators?

I am try to convince my dad's company (about 30 employees) to go with BES 12.

Posted via CB10
    Well, there are several pretty clear advantages, let's keep on a "marketing" level

1. Bottom up security (if needed). Starting with BlackBerry devices but expanding fast in other platform - re: Samsung Knox and Google Work
    2. Proven security, with the longest and greatest track record. No words. Facts
    3. Built for evolutivity and future devices (IoT)
    4. Platform agnostic, giving the maximum flexibility to deploy BYOD devices (as of date: smartphones, tablets) of all major brands
    5. On premise and Cloud offerings (can be mixed) with a very attractive price

I'm not that much specialized, but that's the words I'd use
    04-23-15 01:55 PM
    Those are the reasons why I sold 40% of my holdings so far. I want to own a huge position in PSDV in the days ahead, their earnings occur next month. As for today, it smells of a Fund buying a position, nothing more. You can't be upset with a stock that is making new 52 week highs though.

I really like how BBRY is trading higher, as it should, they should be seen as having one less competitor in a perfect investment world.
    Hey Morgan,

So seems like a decent time to get out of my Jan '16 $8 strikes. Do I just keep lowering the limit sell? Ask was 9.80. So I put an ask at 9.60. Bid is 8.20. What a spread...
    04-23-15 01:59 PM
    So, few words from BlackBerry and the negative slides on competitors ... MOBL ... ouch, I feel their pain.

Please, feel my joy !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

Don't call this guy "John Chen". Please use "Master Chen"
    04-23-15 02:01 PM
    I didn't even get to read through today's post which I always want to do before looking at the SP.

But...$10.33!!! Sweetness. So much for closing under the 3 EMA....
    04-23-15 02:02 PM
    I was feeling left out on the HALO cash out party.

Bought Jan '16 $8 calls for $2.80. Sold for $9.30. Too bad only 1% of my portfolio....I like BBRY too much

+232%

I had bought and sold HALO stock last year and this year always for a gain. But really like how these calls turned out buying on that huge dip a few months ago

And of course...thanks Morgan! Great play!

Might have to look into PSDV again. I had bought a little bit of that at 4.10 and sold at 4.40 and put it into BBRY....maybe if BBRY gets up to 70 on the RSI or close to 10.80.
    04-23-15 02:28 PM
    Hey Morgan,

So seems like a decent time to get out of my Jan '16 $8 strikes. Do I just keep lowering the limit sell? Ask was 9.80. So I put an ask at 9.60. Bid is 8.20. What a spread...
    First of all, nice problem to have! I don't think that option string is carrying more than a $ .30 premium at that depth. Your $ 9.60 looks like it might be too high. Perhaps you could bring it down by 10 cents every 3 hours and see where the trade is? You are the reason many want to own call options on stock, when it works it is a huge trade in your favour. Nice work.

Guys, I'll say something about PSDV later, right now I'm going to let BBRY talk today. Wonderful day it is .......... indeed.

PS. Spiller! Now I see you sold for the price I thought it would go out at! Great minds think alike!! Congrats!
    04-23-15 02:55 PM
    GOOGL misses street estimate.

Classically Posted.
    04-23-15 03:02 PM
    MSFT beats....wow.

Classically Posted.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    04-23-15 03:04 PM
    OT: PSDV

Morgan,

I don't want to take too much of your time but if/when you have a minute, would you be so kind to give us your opinion on the state of affairs regarding PSDV? I went over your previous posts and believe that you are still following them closely and, quite frankly, I am not. I would appreciate your insight.

And again, thanks for everything you have done for so many of us here.

Cheers,

PS: I was just writing this as take99 posted the above link...
    Hi Corbu !!!

Thanks as always for all of the good material you post to this thread. I really appreciate it, saves me tons of time and no matter where I am, I can keep up with BBRY.

Here is my take on PSDV, they have a very small float, that means they can go for several rounds of financing and not hold the same capitalization burden of stocks like HALO, BBRY, ACAD etc., in simple terms, they can raise a $ 250 MM allotment and only have 100 MM shares outstanding. So money is not a problem here, speaking of funds, they hold a buck a share in cash and are running a Phase III study that is closed, meaning they have a full patient load now and that cost is behind them. Their top revenue source, Iluvien, is in 17 countries around the world now, and the USA is one of those and that's plenty of Type I Diabetes patients with ocular issues. The early results of that Nano implant/timed release program is yet to be determined but things look very good there. Out of 17 countries all they need is 9,000 patients to hit a jackpot.

The chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-psdv-april-23-2015.png

This chart is a two year, weekly, meaning that it is free of the daily trading nonsense that we get wrapped up in with BBRY and its 3-ema. Here you can see a long forming Pennant Formation which resolves to the upside in 75% of the cases. This stock has been forgotten, no one is trading it, or looking at it (notice the down sloping volume line for the past 1 1/2 years), and still it moves sideways when the markets bounces all over. The base is in, the stock is ready for a powerful pop above the resistance of $ 4.60/shr. I think PSDV is in the position that ACAD was in when it was below $ 4.00/shr. Anytime you can buy it below its 50-dma, you are doing well. Finally, the management is the most approachable group I have ever dealt with. Call them, they will talk your ear off!

That's it for now, I'm a shareholder and hope to expand on that position in the days ahead. Take care and thanks for everything you do.

PS. BBRY blew through its 200-dma today, took it about 1/2 hour to see that fall. The top of the channel is next. Good day.
    04-23-15 03:44 PM
    Pretty good day on the BBRY front, AMAZING day on HALO front.

Oddly enough I have quite a few 52w highs today. Hopefully we can continue the gains or hold tomorrow.
    04-23-15 03:48 PM
    First of all, nice problem to have! I don't think that option string is carrying more than a $ .30 premium at that depth. Your $ 9.60 looks like it might be too high. Perhaps you could bring it down by 10 cents every 3 hours and see where the trade is? You are the reason many want to own call options on stock, when it works it is a huge trade in your favour. Nice work.

Guys, I'll say something about PSDV later, right now I'm going to let BBRY talk today. Wonderful day it is .......... indeed.

PS. Spiller! Now I see you sold for the price I thought it would go out at! Great minds think alike!! Congrats!
    Seemed like a good time to get out given time value premium is so weak at these levels for $8 strikes. I lowered it by $0.10 every 3 minutes...stock looked to be trending down from $16.90 at the time.

I'm now in a similar problem with some nice cheap BBRY May 15 $9 strikes I picked up thanks to Faucette / MS down in the $8.80 dip on the Monday after the ER. I got pissed off, sold off 20% of my BBRY stock and bought calls for different dates and strikes down at that level. I was all out of free cash so had to get creative With the quick run up today these ones don't have much time value premium either...only about $.07.
    04-23-15 04:07 PM
    This is a bit dated, June last year, but interesting.

'Heartbleed-based BYOD hack' pwns insurance giant Aviva's iPhones
    Slabs and mobes moved to BB10... yes, you read that right

Aviva was using BYOD service MobileIron to manage more than 1,000 smart devices such as iPhones and iPads. On the evening of the 20 May, a hacker compromised the MobileIron admin server and posted a message to those handhelds and the email accounts, according to our source.

The hacker then performed a full wipe of every device and subsequently took out the MobileIron server itself.
    'Heartbleed-based BYOD hack' pwns insurance giant Aviva's iPhones The Register
    Last edited by W Hoa; 04-23-15 at 04:54 PM.
    04-23-15 04:32 PM
    Hi all,

Just popping in. Loving the action on HALO and still have quite a bit of PSDV!

One thing I wanted to ask M+8 was his thoughts on HALO getting potential breakthrough status. I was under the impression that the FDA was reviewing data for this? If that's the case, is selling shares the best idea?

Best,
    Derek
    04-23-15 04:35 PM
    'Heartbleed-based BYOD hack' pwns insurance giant Aviva's iPhones
    Slabs and mobes moved to BB10... yes, you read that right

'Heartbleed-based BYOD hack' pwns insurance giant Aviva's iPhones The Register
    This is a year old but I'm sure had an effect on the ability to close their larger prospects this last quarter.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 04:44 PM
    Skimmed through MOBL's call transcript again. What a bunch of garbage. The answers the CEO provided analysts simply don't align with the numbers. This is my personal favorite:

"If you look at our pipeline going into Q1 and in the first half of the year and Q3, Q4, our pipeline is actually never been bigger than it is today. So when we look at long-term growth rate, we still believe that this is a 30% to 35% plus growth rate market for the foreseeable future."

Really? The reality is that the company has flat lined for the last 3 quarters. And what about all the traction they are seeing in every vertical except energy? Particularly regulated industries where they are seeing growth accelerating?

Something doesn't smell right.
    04-23-15 05:07 PM
    And what about all the traction they are seeing in every vertical except energy? Particularly regulated industries where they are seeing growth accelerating?

Something doesn't smell right.
    Maybe he was being honest...he is seeing traction accelerate, particularly in regulated industries....for Blackberry BES service
    04-23-15 05:58 PM
    Hi Morgan,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed explanation on PSDV. Much appreciated!

Cheers,
    fedakd, donmateo, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    04-23-15 06:09 PM
    This coming Monday:
    Global Conference 2015 | Health Care in the Digital Age � Milken Institute

Speakers
    Anna Barker, Fellow, FasterCures, a Center of the Milken Institute; Professor and Director, Transformative Healthcare Networks, and Co-Director, Complex Adaptive Systems Network, Arizona State University
    Atul Butte, Director, Institute of Computational Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco
    John Chen, Executive Chairman and CEO, BlackBerry
    Victor Dzau, President, Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences; Chancellor Emeritus, Duke University
    Patrick Soon-Shiong, Chairman and CEO, NantWorks, LLC

Event Details
    Mobile, big data, the Internet of Things and social media are leading a revolution that is transforming opportunities in health care and research. Extraordinary advancements in mobile technology and connectivity have provided the foundation needed to dramatically change the way health care is practiced today and research is done tomorrow. While we are still in the early innings of using mobile technology in the delivery of health care, evidence supporting its potential to impact the delivery of better health care, lower costs and improve patient outcomes is apparent. Mobile technology for health care, or mHealth, can empower doctors to more effectively engage their patients and provide secure information on demand, anytime and anywhere. Patients demand safety, speed and security from their providers. What are the technologies that are allowing this transformation to take place?
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, rarsen and 10 others like this.
    04-23-15 06:14 PM
    So, like where's the outrage? Where's the media slaughter on MobileIron?

You know what it would be like if it was BlackBerry, don't you.

Only two negative headlines.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-04-23-8.16.25-pm.png
    Corbu, 3MIKE, rarsen and 17 others like this.
    04-23-15 06:22 PM
    So true, bungaboy... Thanks.

But so predictable also, for some reason!
    04-23-15 06:26 PM
    04-23-15 06:29 PM
    Back to some device analysis.

ASP was what...low 200s? From Chen's recent comments he is saying they put almost no money into hardware R&D. They guide the aesthetic design and required specs based on cost analysis, but that seems about it. The hardware partner is covering the 'R&D', inventory builds, etc. So they are losing a bigger chunk than most people think, of the profits. I think after the next ER when we get an idea of how many devices sold, and hopefully some idea of Leap vs Classic vs Passport, it will be apparent why the ASP remains so low. This is why they could can make profit on $660M in rev (because they have offloaded hardware dev costs).

They will have a full quarter of Passport + Classic sales almost worldwide, plus the Leap for 1/2 a quarter in global markets (on avg.).

I hope the enterprise bulk orders can shore up the dwindling consumer interest. I will estimate 1.2M and hope for 1.5M.

If they can release the slider early July with some interesting new software...and if June ER is showing good traction for BES software....and BBM rev starts to pick up (I did my part and bought a sticker pack, good fun for 2 bucks) things could get interesting over the summer.
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, sidhuk and 9 others like this.
    04-23-15 06:40 PM
113,256 ... 33373338333933403341 ...