View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    W Hoa, sidhuk, cjcampbell and 9 others like this.
    04-22-15 04:10 PM
    Hi Everyone... Thanks for posting the MOBL results and the news about the CFO resigning.

Building a company is hard work, and I usually don't feel good when I hear about how a company is struggling... not unless I personally know it doesn't treat customers or employees well.

That said, if anyone is interested in revisiting the bragging from MOBL's CEO a few months ago, go to page 4000 of this thread on your CrackBerry App.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 04:10 PM
    04-22-15 04:13 PM
    ...if anyone is interested in revisiting the bragging from MOBL's CEO a few months ago, go to page 4000 of this thread on your CrackBerry App.

Posted via CB10
    Cheers for the stroll down memory lane RR.

One of the important factors for determining a sound company is to listen to the word structure that the CEO uses.
    Although very smart, our previous CEO was flagrant and when it came to the proof, his team fell short.
    This is what is so refreshing about (literally) the new BlackBerry:
    No fluff.

PS - Zyben. Your Nov.2014 youtube clip was a great find!!
    I don't recall JC ever having his Fight-Club face on like this.
    04-22-15 04:38 PM
    04-22-15 04:41 PM
    Agreed. One thing seems to be certain: there is a very real possibility that MOBL will never make money as a public company.

Posted via CB10
    And GOOD will never be able to IPO anymore. Sounds like Chen just sent them both a bill for their lunch.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 05:02 PM
    One of today's MobileIron related articles mentioned that MobileIron is now part of the AT&T Work Platform. That made me go search to find out more about AT&T's "Work Platform." Sounds like AT&T made their own (or white labeled someone elses) virtual SIM technology, but it didn't sound like BlackBerry's.

AT&T Work Platform

AT&T Work Platform: employer-paid voice and data made simple

Empower business productivity on employee-owned smartphones and tablets. AT&T Work Platform delivers voice, messaging and cellular data plan allowances to employees� personal mobile devices�and provides a simple, cost-efficient way to pay for them. With AT&T Work Platform, you can:

Eliminate the need to give employees mobile devices for work
    Keep business usage separate from employees� personal usage
    Make costs more predictable with preset voice and cellular data allowances
    Avoid time-consuming paperwork and reimbursement processes
    Streamline integration and management of employee-owned mobile devices

Seamlessly manage employee plans

Enhance visibility and control of your BYOD users. AT&T Work Platform enables you to manage employees� accounts as well as their voice and data plans through our mobility management platform (MMP)�or via a supported third-party Mobility Enterprise Management (MEM) solution.
    From the excerpt, AT&T says that companies can either sign up to use AT&T's home grown MDM (or MMP) platform, or through a supported third party EMM solution. Unfortunately, I only saw Airwatch and Mobile Iron listed as supported 3rd party EMM/MDM solutions. Didn't see a reference to BlackBerry anywhere. Hope AT&T starts to partner with BlackBerry on BES12.
    Shanerredflag and rarsen like this.
    04-22-15 05:05 PM
    EZPASS ruined them. It cost Blackberry as well but in the long run, it'll pay off.

Posted via CB10
    lech31, zyben, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    04-22-15 05:06 PM
    So why is the MOBL CFO leaving? Sounds more like an operations issue. Did Tinker tinker? Cover your *** bro.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-22-15 05:13 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Is it too late to short?

As said, over to you for comment Mr. Faucette...

Never to late to short MOBL lol.....

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, Bacon Munchers and awindsr like this.
    04-22-15 05:17 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    So why is the MOBL CFO leaving? Sounds more like an operations issue. Did Tinker tinker? Cover your *** bro.

Posted via CB10
    Jumping a sinking ship...

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, zyben and awindsr like this.
    04-22-15 05:25 PM
    My faucet is leaking (more like running water)

Ot: but interesting read.

REFILE-UPDATE 3-Nokia's maps unit draws further bidders-Manager Magazin (Thomson Reuters)

(Refiles to correct link in paragraph 4)

FRANKFURT, April 22 (Reuters) - Nokia's maps business has drawn interest from potential buyers including Facebook and a consortium of German carmakers made up of BMW, Audi and Daimler, a German magazine reported on Wednesday.

Citing people familiar with the matter, Manager Magazin also confirmed an earlier report that online taxi service Uber is looking at the books of HERE, Nokia's mapping unit, and that U.S. private equity firm Hellman & Friedman was also interested.

Nokia is also trying to drum up interest from Apple Inc , Alibaba Group Holding Ltd and Amazon.com Inc , Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.

Nokia is seeking more than 3 billion euros ($3.2 billion) from a sale of the unit, Bloomberg reported. (http://bloom.bg/1GjYnEx)

According to Manager Magazin, the book value of the unit is 2 billion euros. A brokerage estimate by Inderes Equity Research values HERE at 4.4 billion to 6.9 billion euros, based on a sum-of-parts calculation.

Nokia, BMW, Daimler, Facebook and Uber declined to comment on the report. Apple, Alibaba, Amazon.com, Audi and San Francisco-based Hellman & Friedman were not immediately available for comment.

Finland's Nokia said last week it had started a strategic review of its Berlin-based HERE unit after announcing a 15.6 billion euro takeover of network equipment rival Alcatel-Lucent .

"I want to be very clear: if we are to sell this business, we are not a forced seller," Nokia Chief Executive Rajeev Suri told a news conference last Friday.

Separately, Continental AG, one of the world's biggest auto parts makers and a partner of Nokia's HERE in vehicle navigation systems, declined to comment on whether it might make a takeover bid.

Juergen Pieper, an analyst with Frankfurt-based Bankhaus Metzler, said a three-way bidding alliance of Germany's big automakers could make sense: "Luxury automakers are stepping up efforts to fetch back activities related to digitisation they previously had assigned to suppliers," he said.

MAP ASSETS

Access to high-quality maps is essential for carmakers seeking to build autonomous cars, which need detailed location data about their wider surroundings to complement input from on-board sensors to avoid obstacles and other vehicles.

Such navigation and safety features are a pre-condition for the eventual emergence of driverless vehicles in coming years.

The Finnish company built its mapping and location business on the back of an $8.1 billion acquisition in 2008 of U.S.-based Navteq, a maker of geographic information systems used in the automotive industry. It was Nokia's largest deal ever, prior to the planned Alcatel-Lucent merger.

Nokia saw adding maps to its phones as a way to differentiate its products from other high-end phone makers, including Apple, which the previous year had revolutionised the market with the launch of the iPhone.

The HERE unit, one of Nokia's three remaining businesses after the sale of its handsets unit, has in recent years refocused to supply maps to carmakers, which accounted for more than half of HERE sales in 2013.

HERE also supplies online maps to major Internet companies including Amazon.com, Baidu, Microsoft , Samsung Electronics, Yahoo and for use in mobile and computer online mapping applications.

A push by Google, which introduced a fully functioning prototype of a driverless car last year after working on the project for a decade, has put the race to build connected cars into high gear. Daimler's Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Audi all have prototype autonomous cars, as do many other big carmakers.

Embedded navigation features in new cars are expected to built into more than a third of new cars produced in 2020, up from around 20 percent of vehicles in 2013, according to estimates from Nokia and third-party research data.

($1 = 0.9293 euro) (Additional reporting by Andreas Cremer in Berlin, Irene Preisinger in Munich, Ilona Wissenbach in Stuttgart, Jan Schwartz in Hamburg, Maria Sheahan, Georgina Prodhan and Arno Schuetze in Frankfurt, Jussi Rosendahl in Helsinki and Supriya Kurane in Bengaluru; Writing by Eric Auchard; Editing by Keith Weir)
    04-22-15 05:26 PM
    For anyone reading with an Long position in MOBL I feel for you and respect you as an Investor. I know how stinging realized/unrealized losses can be as a BlackBerry investor. Don't like seeing companies struggle but I hope we can all make money somehow. As a humble BlackBerry believe , I couldn't possibly gloat about anything..other than good luck and hope the best for everyone.

Z30STA100-5 � 10.3.2.500
    04-22-15 05:35 PM
    For anyone reading with an Long position in MOBL I feel for you and respect you as an Investor. I know how stinging realized/unrealized losses can be as a BlackBerry investor. Don't like seeing companies struggle but I hope we can all make money somehow. As a humble BlackBerry believe , I couldn't possibly gloat about anything..other than good luck and hope the best for everyone.

Z30STA100-5 � 10.3.2.500
    Nice sentiment, but if you're long MOBL you should get out fast with whatever you've got left and learn from your mistake. Sorry but I'm a bit more blunt. Lessons long learned, the hard way, very often.

You might get a bounce to do it, but act fast, and full.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 05:41 PM
    Never to late to short MOBL lol.....

Posted via CB10
    Wish I had. May do so on a bounce.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 05:45 PM

Z30STA100-5 � 10.3.2.500
    Any gloating happening here is directed at Mobileiron company leaders who not only spread fud about BlackBerry and it's business, but also had the nerve to gloat about it. BlackBerry executives have alluded to this on several occasions. Oh yeah, and then there's a dirtbag like Faucette who has repeatedly attacked the company with negative nonsense. To imply that we are rubbing the noses of innocent investors in today's news is false.
    sidhuk, 3MIKE, BanffMoose and 17 others like this.
    04-22-15 06:10 PM
    I wonder how blackberry will react tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 06:15 PM
    So do we know the market share of all these players in EMM MDM

BlackBerry
    Mobile Iron
    Air Watch
    Good
    And anything else I may have missed...

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 06:26 PM
    Question for you guys about the Movirtu acquisition. Did any of you take away that this acquisition was to help implement virtual sim for iot devices?

I was convinced this was needed for Chen's plan to implement dual sim for phones so that " people will no longer need to carry two phones". A friend convinced me otherwise.

If this is the case then Damn! Even I, as a longtime long, underestimated Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 06:40 PM
    Any gloating happening here is directed at Mobileiron company leaders who not only spread fud about BlackBerry and it's business, but also had the nerve to gloat about it. BlackBerry executives have alluded to this on several occasions. Oh yeah, and then there's a dirtbag like Faucette who has repeatedly attacked the company with negative nonsense. To imply that we are rubbing the noses of innocent investors in today's news is false.
    Well said. But don't forget to mention that it has allowed us to buy nice and cheap more than a few times.
    04-22-15 06:44 PM
    Question for you guys about the Movirtu acquisition. Did any of you take away that this acquisition was to help implement virtual sim for iot devices?

I was convinced this was needed for Chen's plan to implement dual sim for phones so that " people will no longer need to carry two phones". A friend convinced me otherwise.

If this is the case then Damn! Even I, as a longtime long, underestimated Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Convinced you otherwise, how?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 06:49 PM
    Well said. But don't forget to mention that it has allowed us to buy nice and cheap more than a few times.
    Indeed. A few times too many
    CDM76, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    04-22-15 06:55 PM
    MS has proven beyond a doubt they are paid shills. They are evil and slimy liars who would throw their own family under the bus for a penny. They looked like fools on MOBL and they still lie and back them up. How they can attack BlackBerry tells me they are acting as paid shills of NSA to attack BlackBerry.

NSA hates freedom, democracy and BlackBerry .

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 06:59 PM
    Convinced you otherwise, how?

Posted via CB10
    Iot devices need a Sim on a managed carrier network. It makes no sense for people to be swapping SIMS out of connected machinery, fleet trucks, devices, etc... The updates will be made on a BES server.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-22-15 07:03 PM
    MobileIron, Inc. (MOBL) After Hours Trading
    $6.83* -$2.67 -28.11%

Well Faucette called $7. He just got the wrong company.
    Ouch and point goes to W Hoa!

This one's gotta hurt. The bears have answered in after hours trading (-30%). It'll be interesting to see how Faucette pumps MOBL after this undeniable shellacking.
    04-22-15 07:26 PM
113,251 ... 33333334333533363337 ...