View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%

BlackBerry launches CHACE initiative to bridge gap between security tech in defence and consumers

David Kleidermacher, BlackBerry's new Chief Security Officer......�
    Good to see newly acquired DK making some waves in the public eye. Showing value early on.
    rarsen, La Emperor, zyben and 7 others like this.
    04-22-15 09:22 AM
    OT: I thought they fixed this bugger....

Dubbed ‘No iOS Zone’ it allows a malicious WiFi hotspot to launch a DDoS (Denial-of-Service) attack which renders devices unusable. It works by exploiting a flaw in the SSL security certificate of iOS 8 which leaves the device wide open:

“This is not a denial-of-service where you can’t use your Wi-Fi – this is a denial-of-service so you can’t use your device even in offline mode,” explained SkyCure CEO Adi Sharabani in an address to the RSA security conference in San Francisco.
    Apple iOS 8 Has Massive New Security Flaw
    zyben, morganplus8, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    04-22-15 09:38 AM
    Speaking of buggers, what a low market this morning. TSX. S&P down 117!

A good time to get back into bb.to.

M8's SPSH looks to be having a nice run. Dang! Missed that one!
    04-22-15 09:51 AM
    BlackBerry expands its security smarts to the Internet of Things | ZDNet

Summary: BlackBerry's smartphone business is limping along but the company knows mobile device security. It plans to apply that expertise to billions of potential connected things.

Although BlackBerry once held and then lost the smartphone crown, the company still excels at mobile device management services. And it plans to build upon that strength by applying it to the growing market of non-traditional connected devices in the Internet of Things (IoT) market.

The company announced a managed certificate service through its subsidiary Certicom on Tuesday to help secure a wide range of IoT devices. BlackBerry says that it already began issuing certificates through Certicom for a smart parking meter project in the UK; a region with more than 104 million such meters and home energy management devices.

Over the past seven years, Certicom has previously issued 60 million such certficates for devices like these that use the ZigBee Smart Energy specification, notes BlackBerry. The certificates help secure the data captured by the smart meters and energy management systems, using what Certicom calls Elliptic Curve Cryptography. Certicom notes that the managed certificate service was designed to scale up for supporting hundreds of millions of devices.

That's a key aspect, given that more and more everyday devices are gaining some type of connectivity. While there are roughly 2 billion smartphones in use today, the potential figure for other devices with some type of wireless radio for providing or collecting data is staggering. A Gartner forecast from November of 2014, for example, pegged the figure at 25 billion connected devices by 2020.

BlackBerry surely isn't the only company that wants to secure these devices, but it's smart to start building the effort now.

Mobile security is still a core competency for the company and regardless of how it's doing in the smartphone business, BlackBerry is still a trusted brand by many for its secure services and device management. It has to capitalize on that early in the IoT market before it faces a repeat of what happened in the smartphone market: An upstart that upends a core of BlackBerry's business.
    04-22-15 09:51 AM
    OT: FWIW. Some info on Zigbee Alliance and who their members are.

The ZigBee Alliance has attracted some of the most innovative and well-known organizations in the world. Together they are collaborating to improve the way we live and work by developing smart and easy-to-use ZigBee standards that help you gain more control over your world.

As a result of our diverse and growing membership, the Alliance has become a large and thriving ecosystem of organizations providing everything product manufacturers need to create ZigBee products: radio semiconductor chips, design houses, software companies, support tools and testing.
    The Alliance has three levels of membership: Promoter, Participant and Adopter. Learn more about the benefits of ZigBee Alliance membership and join today to influence the future of ZigBee standards.
    Our Members | The ZigBee Alliance
    04-22-15 10:06 AM
    Sorry, I know this is OT:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sitting.jpg
    04-22-15 12:22 PM
    haha! same thing here since BBRY so slow lately, HALO should hit my sell at 16.49 soon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sitting.jpg 
Views:	2239 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	348835
    04-22-15 12:46 PM
    LOL I put all my spare money into BBRY @9.75 before ER only to see it drop to 8.40's. Then HALO tanks on some news down from 16-13.50. So I tell my friend that he may want to look at this as its going back up to $16 as I felt the drop was panic, he says ok but he wants to know the date it will hit $16. I said 2weeks. Well I just told him that HALO just hit $16, now he tells me fine tell me the date it will hit $30 and then he'll buy in and then says "Yeah like I'm going to listen to ppl on a message board".
    Well his loss, I know I shouldn't be giving advice, and invest only what you can lose etc, if he had just said "Thanks for info but not interested" I would be cool . Sorry for the OT.
    04-22-15 01:09 PM
    Oil going down? I want it to go back to $80 asap.

Posted via CB10
    Heck no. I want It to drop back to $40. I just freed up some $$ to buy more energy stocks ! Encana here I come. LoL

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 01:27 PM
    Soooo...the acquisition was done at a good price to sales ratio compared to the average in the space, but will hurt bbry share price because the ratio is even lower!? Ummm, doesn't that just tell you that bbry sp is grossly undervalued? Duh.

Posted via CB10
    Well they tried to use it for a big pull back today....if it closes above the 3 EMA then a good fail. I'd like to see a close at $10 even.
    04-22-15 02:02 PM
    OT: HALO just dropped 1% in a minute.
    04-22-15 02:07 PM
    TA gurus: If we close below the 3 EMA, do you expect a trend reversal and decline tomorrow?

With such low volume I wonder how the final 45 minutes will play out...
    04-22-15 02:14 PM
    Ok....well here's hoping for good news tomorrow to put us back in the UP direction again. Doubtful though
    La Emperor likes this.
    04-22-15 02:59 PM
    04-22-15 03:17 PM
    Some news on MOBL
    CFO resigned and guidance has been lowered by about 5M
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mobile...201500164.html

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kadakn01; 04-22-15 at 10:30 PM.
    04-22-15 03:18 PM
    OT:
    MOBL Q1 results

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., April 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- MobileIron (MOBL), the leader in enterprise mobility security and management, today announced preliminary results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2015 ended March 31, 2015.

Gross billings for the quarter are expected to be in the range of $35.5-$37.0 million, below the company's guidance of $40.0-$42.0 million. Recurring billings as a percentage of gross billings increased from 57% in the fourth quarter of 2014 to approximately 65% in the first quarter of 2015. Total non-GAAP revenue is expected to be between $32.0-$33.0 million, compared to guidance of $34.0-$37.0 million. Non-GAAP revenue excludes perpetual license revenue recognized from licenses delivered prior to 2013. Cash from operations is expected to be in the range of negative $10.0 to $11.0 million. The company ended the quarter with cash and equivalents plus short-term and long-term investments of approximately $132.0 million.

These preliminary, unaudited financial results are based on management's initial review of operations for the quarter ended March 31, 2015, and remain subject to change based on management's ongoing review of the first quarter results.

"Near the end of the quarter, we witnessed multiple large deals from North American customers that did not close as expected. Further, we saw a large shift by customers to our monthly subscription offering, which resulted in lower billings and revenue." Said Bob Tinker, CEO, MobileIron. "We will provide more details on our regularly scheduled quarterly earnings conference call."
    +

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mobile...201500208.html
    MobileIron Announces CFO Resignation

Down 15% in AH...

Anxious to see Faucette's "updated" report...
    Last edited by Corbu; 04-22-15 at 03:39 PM.
    04-22-15 03:23 PM
    Some news on MOBL
    CFO resigned and guidance is below by about 5M

Posted via CB10
    Faucette's baby down 19% at 7.75 ah.
    04-22-15 03:25 PM
    MOBL reporting a miss and CFO resignation. CFO is leaving in two weeks. Not good. As I type AH showing a 27% haircut.

I thought the following excerpt from their press release was particularly interesting:

"Near the end of the quarter, we witnessed multiple large deals from North American customers that did not close as expected."

Translation: we lost some big clients to competitors. Win rate less than forecast.

I wonder who is scooping the large customers? BBRY?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 03:42 PM
    OT:
    MOBL Q1 results

+

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mobile...201500208.html
    MobileIron Announces CFO Resignation

Down 15% in AH...

Anxious to see Faucette's "updated" report...
    Yes! Love this.

And why mention this?

"Near the end of the quarter, we witnessed multiple large deals from North American customers that did not close as expected."

[fictional addition to Bob's comments]:

So yeah... we were sure we would going to close some big contracts...but we didn't...so we suck at estimating but this is our excuse because we don't have any other excuse. These guys didn't close with us because they went with BES12 because it is superior but we can't say that. Heck, we can't even say we are growing profits anymore. Give me a day I need to come up with a story to sell because MS is not going to be happy they've been saying we have an awesome product and blackberry sucks to help us and now we're making them look bad. Of course, they already look bad because Faucette still has a $7 target on them and it's 35% higher than that and going up these days. And although our Shorty partners have been saying Blackberry will be bankrupt soon so go with MOBL....if you look at our cash burn we have 3 years before we run out of money...and blackberry is profitable with 3B in cash. Well, folks, this isn't good. I'm good at story telling and selling our product but not sure what I can do here.....I'm make sure I get a really good payout if this gets worse....

[end fictional story]
    04-22-15 03:48 PM
    MOBL reporting a miss and CFO resignation. CFO is leaving in two weeks. Not good. As I type AH showing a 27% haircut.

I thought the following excerpt from their press release was particularly interesting:

Translation: we lost some big clients to competitors. Win rate less than forecast.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think they 'lost' them as I don't think they ever had them as customers. That's my interpretation as it doesn't give the details. Maybe they had responded to some big potential RFPs but didn't win them as they had hoped.
    Greened, zyben, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    04-22-15 03:51 PM
    I don't think they 'lost' them as I don't think they ever had them as customers. That's my interpretation as it doesn't give the details. Maybe they had responded to some big potential RFPs but didn't win them as they had hoped.
    Agreed. One thing seems to be certain: there is a very real possibility that MOBL will never make money as a public company.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 03:57 PM
    MobileIron, Inc. (MOBL) After Hours Trading
    $6.83* -$2.67 -28.11%

Well Faucette called $7. He just got the wrong company.
    04-22-15 03:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Is it too late to short?

As said, over to you for comment Mr. Faucette...

04-22-15 04:01 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sitting.jpg 
Views:	2239 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	348835
    Please re-do using MOBL.
    3MIKE, zyben, Andy_bb_king and 1 others like this.
    04-22-15 04:05 PM
    Down 32% at $6.51. What will Faucette say after attending to his aneurysm.

From 2014:

UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Initiates Coverage On Mobile lron - (MOBL) | Benzinga

In a report released Monday, Morgan Stanley analyst James Faucette initiated coverage on Mobile Iron
    MOBL 0.73%
    with an Overweight rating, with a $13 price target.

Faucette favors Mobile lron for being the leading player with its technology, its large customer base of over 6,000 users and for expanding its ecosystem of partner applications.

Faucette claims Mobile lron's OS integration ability to maintain performance and expand within its user base, while up-selling additional functionality, presents an expansion opportunity for the company.

UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Reiterates On MobileIron On Increased Confidence - (MOBL) | Benzinga

In a report published Friday, Morgan Stanley analyst James E. Faucette reiterated an Overweight rating on MobileIron
    MOBL 0.73%
    , but removed the $13.00 price target.

In the report, Morgan Stanley noted, �As part of VMworld, we met with AirWatch cofounder Alan Dabbierre, who is now overseeing the AirWatch operating board within VMware (VMware acquired AirWatch in January of this year). During the wide-ranging conversation, Dabbierre indicated that they typically run into MobileIron competitively most frequently of the other mobile device and platform offerings. In spite of seeing MobileIron frequently, he felt like most customers ultimately develop preferences based on views of the software performance and other factors outside of prices. This is consistent with our view that most customers ultimately are choosing between the two suppliers based on other factors, like specific solution strengths, software update policies, buying channel preferences,etc.�
    Corbu, La Emperor, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    04-22-15 04:05 PM
113,256 ... 33323333333433353336 ...