• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Slow day.
    OT.
    Safety related.
    In OS 10.3.2
    While in reader mode, an option available to have assistance become a screen reader. Works very good.
    There are times when I get tempted to read things while driving. This screen reader was needed.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    04-20-15 09:27 AM
    Really OT:
    Exclusive: Google Almost Bought Tesla
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-m...120013803.html
    04-20-15 11:51 AM
    Here's one for a good laugh, fellas. I won't link to the article, I'll just post a snippet.

Apple WWDC 2015 News: iOS 9 features to break BlackBerry bulwark

1.****** Features for enterprise. Apple is set to close the gap on market leaders such as Blackberry and wishes to ensure that the iPhone is operating within an enterprise environment. Once the iOS 9 is released, it is expected to feature enterprise-friendly functionalities and apps.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Mr BBRY, zyben and 3 others like this.
    04-20-15 11:59 AM
    Here's one for a good laugh, fellas. I won't link to the article, I'll just post a snippet.

Apple WWDC 2015 News: iOS 9 features to break BlackBerry bulwark

1.****** Features for enterprise. Apple is set to close the gap on market leaders such as Blackberry and wishes to ensure that the iPhone is operating within an enterprise environment. Once the iOS 9 is released, it is expected to feature enterprise-friendly functionalities and apps.

Posted via CB10
    Huh?

More apple marketing fluff?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 12:14 PM
    Like Frank Boulben?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ob_ba2892_27.gif
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    04-20-15 12:17 PM
    Huh?

Posted via CB10
    Lol, yeah. It was an article from Venture Capital Post.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 12:24 PM
    Do they have the Model STA100-3 (verizon)?
    much appreciate it!!

Edit: Called CB and it's the model STA100-5 (bummer)

CB has White for $249.99 CAD Free shipping. Ships April 30th
    And Black for $279.99 CAD Free shipping. Ships May 12th

BlackBerry Z30 Smartphones | CrackBerry Canada
    04-20-15 01:19 PM
    Only Z30STA100-5 I believe.

Do they have the Model STA100-3 (verizon)?
    much appreciate it!!
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    04-20-15 01:25 PM
    Huh?

Posted via CB10
    Probably stealing the entire Hub design both UI and functionality embedded in the OS.
    04-20-15 03:22 PM
    Whoa, whoa there Spiller. So once they release iOS9 it will clearly be labeled NEW and INNOVATIVE because we all know Apple had already invented the Hub and UI interface years ago and took this long to prefect it..
    04-20-15 03:51 PM
    Probably stealing the entire Hub design both UI and functionality embedded in the OS.
    Wonder if they will finally allow you to attach something more than a picture or video when you reply to an email.....?

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    04-20-15 04:15 PM
    Whoa, whoa there Spiller. So once they release iOS9 it will clearly be labeled NEW and INNOVATIVE because we all know Apple had already invented the Hub and UI interface years ago and took this long to prefect it..
    Don't we all know it. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 05:01 PM
    Just a drive-by to litter the thread with something I found interesting. Check out this portfolio:

Oil, Real Estate, Gold... And BlackBerry!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150420_163619.png
    04-20-15 07:26 PM
    Vivek wento to Apple :-(
    I hope Jeff will not join him too ... :-(

What is going on ?
    What's wrong with Apple?! Seriously, and be very truly honest outside of thinking security. They struggled got the best of the best to help them out of a very BAD and dire situation and in less than 15yrs have much nothing short of monumental strides! And their investors and developers alike have rejoiced. I'm willing to bet the majority of their 65million sales of iPhone owners are also long term investors that have benefitted along with them.

Leads me to think of my next thought. And I KNOW I'm going to be hated on by those that have anything not BlackBerry - have blind faith or live like faith job a brand vs it's health ar egging it hat on me.

Can BlackBerry or any other company secretly and non public make it aware that their non cash holdings are investments in a particular competitor stock? Can BlackBerry purchase thousands of Apple stock for the long haul, not just the dividends or the quarterly and sustainable stock price climb to increase its worth, but also for the upcoming and yet again eventual stock split of their stock goes to $400+ per stock yet again. EVERYONE owning stock in early 2014 seen an 8:1 split down to $80/stock ($450 down to 8:1 for 80 that's $80x8 =$640 giving HUGE value to investors which in less than a quarter gave them $10/stock sustainable ever since another $160USvalue on each of those8 stocks if the held onto them. That already covers an iPhone on contract for die hard fans.

So I'm thinking why cannot BlackBerry benefit from apple stock increases and enjoy the dividends and possible tax breaks in the meantime - using yet another idiom from the Tao of War or Art of War - rejoice in your enemies success

Posted using CB10 via Z10
    04-21-15 12:41 AM
    BBRY to buy WatchDox.

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article.a...6&from=iglobes

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, 3_M4N, W Hoa and 17 others like this.
    04-21-15 06:15 AM
    04-21-15 06:16 AM
    What's wrong with Apple?! Seriously, and be very truly honest outside of thinking security. They struggled got the best of the best to help them out of a very BAD and dire situation and in less than 15yrs have much nothing short of monumental strides! And their investors and developers alike have rejoiced. I'm willing to bet the majority of their 65million sales of iPhone owners are also long term investors that have benefitted along with them.

Leads me to think of my next thought. And I KNOW I'm going to be hated on by those that have anything not BlackBerry - have blind faith or live like faith job a brand vs it's health ar egging it hat on me.

Can BlackBerry or any other company secretly and non public make it aware that their non cash holdings are investments in a particular competitor stock? Can BlackBerry purchase thousands of Apple stock for the long haul, not just the dividends or the quarterly and sustainable stock price climb to increase its worth, but also for the upcoming and yet again eventual stock split of their stock goes to $400+ per stock yet again. EVERYONE owning stock in early 2014 seen an 8:1 split down to $80/stock ($450 down to 8:1 for 80 that's $80x8 =$640 giving HUGE value to investors which in less than a quarter gave them $10/stock sustainable ever since another $160USvalue on each of those8 stocks if the held onto them. That already covers an iPhone on contract for die hard fans.

So I'm thinking why cannot BlackBerry benefit from apple stock increases and enjoy the dividends and possible tax breaks in the meantime - using yet another idiom from the Tao of War or Art of War - rejoice in your enemies success

BlackBerry already has a strategy to "rejoice in their enemy's success". That's BES12, BES12 Cloud, and all of their cross platform software. Other companies can sell all the hardware they want. BlackBerry just needs to be able to secure it and manage it through software in an enterprise environment.
    As far as purchasing Apple stock, it doesn't really fall in line with their strategy of Enterprise, Security, Cross Platform Software Services, where they're looking for inorganic growth opportunities. Maybe down the road if Apple takes their Enterprise strategy more seriously, they'll look for a partnership of some kind with BlackBerry, but not right now. I'd much rather see them invest in companies like Sierra Wireless, or NantHealth. Companies that have plenty of growth potential, but are more in line with BlackBerry�s strategy. Just my 2 cents.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! 
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, zyben and 4 others like this.
    04-21-15 06:25 AM
    BBRY to buy WatchDox.

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article.a...6&from=iglobes

Posted via CB10
    A very interesting move will this replace Box or Dropbox and possibly for corp vs iron mountain.

04-21-15 06:26 AM
    BBRY to buy WatchDox.
    The recurring revenue is attractive:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-watchdox.jpg

https://www.watchdox.com/en/pricing/
    04-21-15 07:13 AM
    Indeed.
    BlackBerry buys Israeli company filesharing Watchdox
    In German:
    https://bb10qnx.de/?p=10269

Last edited by Corbu; 04-21-15 at 07:28 AM.
    04-21-15 07:16 AM
    Reports: BlackBerry Is Buying File Security And DRM Startup WatchDox for up to $200M | TechCrunch

Canadian handset maker BlackBerry has been on a mission to turn around its beleaguered handset business by focusing more on software, and it looks like it has taken a significant step in that direction, specifically around file security and DRM. According to reports coming out of Israel, BlackBerry is buying WatchDox, a startup that has developed cross-platform technology for digital rights management and for enterprises to share files securely. BlackBerry, the reports say, will be paying between $150 million and $200 million for the company, and will also leverage its 100-person team in Israel to build out its R&D operations in the country.

The news was first reported by Israel’s GeekTime, which says the deal was signed this week for $150 million. Another local publication, Globes, followed up with a report noting that the deal could be confirmed as soon as today and will be worth between $150 million and $200 million. We have reached out both to people at WatchDox and also BlackBerry for a direct comment.

WatchDox was founded in 2008 originally as Confidela. Confidela first released WatchDox in 2009 before ultimately, it seems, rebranding the whole business under the product name. The company, which is headquartered in Palo Alto, has raised nearly $36 million, with investors including the Blackstone Group, Gemini Israel Ventures, Millennium Technology Value Partners, Shasta Ventures, and Shlomo Kramer.

WatchDox’s growth has partly sprung out of rising awareness of security risks among enterprises and individuals. As more mobile devices are used for work and sharing documents, there has been an exponential growth of cloud-based services to store files, but that has also opened the door to data breaches. While some of us may look at the growth of organizations like WikiLeaks as a triumph of free speech on the Internet, businesses may see it differently, and that has proven to be the wind beneath WatchDox’s wings.

“WikiLeaks, as well as numerous smaller document leakage incidents, have raised awareness for the need to better secure documents as they are shared inside and outside of the organization,” Moti Rafalin, WatchDox CEO, said back in 2011 when the company announced a $9.25 million round of funding. “Legacy enterprise digital rights management and data loss prevention products are failing to address the problem, and enterprises are realizing documents need to be seamlessly protected and controlled wherever they go.”

In practice, what WatchDox allows is a platform to securely share documents among employees and other authorized individuals. When those files have to leave the corporate circle of trust — for example to be sent to someone outside the organization — the security goes with them, so that, for example, a video clip or sensitive contract or memo cannot be downloaded and posted elsewhere. Currently, WatchDox’s DRM product does not seem to be targeted at mass distribution of files, but more to protect sensitive scripts, videos and other digital media so that it doesn’t get leaked and used elsewhere.

If the acquisition news is accurate, it would give BlackBerry a big step ahead in its own enterprise security business. WatchDox today works with a lot of different verticals, listing energy, finance, government, healthcare media and technology among them. Today BlackBerry’s security services include a collaboration with Samsung KNOX. Having its own tech would help differentiate BlackBerry’s bigger security products from those of its partners.

BlackBerry posted a profit last quarter of $28 million but a lot of that was down to drastic cost cutting, not business growth. Revenues were $660 million down from $976 million a year before. While the company is intent on pushing ahead with its hardware business — this month announcing the global rollout of the BlackBerry Leap — it’s betting hard on software as a second revenue stream that will help it serve users on other platforms apart from its own.

It’s still a very small business for the company, however. In Q4 software sales were only $67 million, even if that was up 20% on a year before.

Israel, where a lot of engineers first cut their teeth on security at the Israeli Defense Forces, is well known for its enterprise and security-focused startups. BlackBerry will not be the first business to build up their security R&D presence in the country through acquisition. Others have included PayPal (which acquired CyActive earlier this year); IBM (which acquired Trusteer in 2013); and Microsoft (which bought Aorato in 2014).

To date, BlackBerry has made 24 acquisitions, with security-focused buys including Certicom (which counts the NSA as a customer) and Secusmart.
    bungaboy, rarsen, W Hoa and 7 others like this.
    04-21-15 07:19 AM
    Exclusive: BlackBerry acquires Israel?s WatchDox, to open R&D center in Israel | GeekTime

According to Geektime sources, BlackBerry has acquired Israeli WatchDox for an estimated $150 million. Both companies provide secure solutions that are favored by government leaders and Hollywood moguls

Simona Weinglass

Canadian mobile device manufacturer BlackBerry has acquired the file sync and share platform WatchDox for an estimated $150 million, Geektime has learned.

The deal was signed earlier this week, and following the acquisition, BlackBerry will open its first R&D center in Israel, where WatchDox is based.

WatchDox is a fast-growing startup in the $10 billion security market, reportedly taking business away from the likes of EMC.

It is a platform for enterprises that allows employees to sync and share files across many devices, but lets the enterprise track and control who is viewing, sharing, scanning and printing a file. The creator of the file can also put a time limit on access to the file. If hackers steal a file, they will see nothing but encrypted characters.

WatchDox is available as SaaS, a virtual appliance or a hybrid. Employees or business partners can transfer files from their personal mobile devices to company computers and vice versa. The enterprise can also track and audit who accessed the file and allow creators to wipe files from any device, even after they have left the network.

It’s like Dropbox with an extra layer of watchfulness. Cloud applications like Google Drive can also be integrated with WatchDox.

WatchDox has gained traction with governments and banks, enterprises that need an extra level of security in the cloud. The company reportedly has close to $10 million in annual revenue. It claims that its customers include “over 150 of the Fortune 1000, including the largest civilian federal agencies, 6 of the top 12 private equity firms and most of the 6 major Hollywood studios.”

Favored by Hollywood

For a movie producer, there is no worse fate than someone leaking a movie script or plot before a movie gets into theaters. Studios rely on hype and anticipation to get people to shell out close to $10 for a movie ticket. It’s not a hypothetical threat. That’s what happened to Sony Pictures last year, when more than 50 movie scripts were leaked.

As a result, Hollywood has become one of WatchDox’s major clients, and the company heavily markets itself to the industry.

Meanwhile, BlackBerry is a company that is having to reinvent itself. Best-known for its smartphone devices with built-in keyboards, in 2009 BlackBerry had about 20 percent of smartphone market share, which has plummeted to less than 1 percent today. Part of the reason is that its devices don’t have the same selection of apps as iOS and Android. But the company still has cash on hand for investments, and it has carved out a niche among enterprise users.

Who still uses BlackBerry?

President Barack Obama uses a BlackBerry. “I am not allowed, for security reasons, to have an iPhone,” the Wall Street Journal reported the president saying. Similarly, at Davos, Business Insider writes, “carrying a BlackBerry is still a huge symbol of your status … Davos may be the last remaining place on earth in which BlackBerry still has massive market share.” The reason? Again, security.

Thus, BlackBerry’s acquisition of WatchDox seems like a natural fit. The preferred device of presidents and corporate jet-setters is acquiring a security platform favored by Hollywood insiders. If tech company mergers were Hollywood weddings, this one would definitely be A-list.
    04-21-15 07:21 AM
    So anywhere from 100m-200m for WachDox, I'd prefer 100
    georg4BB likes this.
    04-21-15 07:29 AM
    looks like watchdox is bleeding cash??
    04-21-15 08:02 AM
    looks like watchdox is bleeding cash??
    Source?
    04-21-15 08:04 AM
113,250 ... 33293330333133323333 ...