View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Just played with the s6 and s6 edge. That edge screen is captivating. The first phone that makes we want to carry two phones.....
    I hope (and believe) that they've got some fancy things planned out for that "edge"...

The Z10 was very easily usable with one-hand, but the trend for new devices is on the bigger side. Do you think that one-handed productivity is fading away?

Ron: I think we have an advantage for one hand operation over some of our competitor and to be honest with you, later this year we plan to enhance the experience of the user interface when it comes to one handed operation, especially when you get to larger devices.

Like Passport is one that you know obviously there are some great opportunities on a beautiful device like that but you need to be able to utilise the real estate of the screen in one handed operation. When you’re walking through an airport with your bag and all this stuff it’s hard. So you’ll see some new features.

Will we see 10.4 this year?

Ron: Yes we have new releases. We’re not done with the numbering and naming but you’ll see other releases.
    The new BlackBerry Slider will blow you away
    bungaboy, rarsen, lech31 and 8 others like this.
    04-18-15 01:17 PM
    Toronto Raptors� General Manager Reflects on a Winning Season with the BlackBerry Passport

Raptors? GM Reflects on Winning Season with BlackBerry Passport | Inside BlackBerry
    He has a White one now ?!

Nice !!

Actually, he (and the rest of the team) should be sporting a Red/Black one to better coincide with the team colours ! lol
    3MIKE, bungaboy, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    04-18-15 02:57 PM
    http://blck.by/1CZKlAq

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150418_170336.png

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, rarsen, Superfly_FR and 1 others like this.
    04-18-15 03:04 PM
    Just checked out the "sale". Trying to pick up a second Z30. But is 349$ ..... barely a sale IMHO. Going try wait for better sale. LoL

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 04-18-15 at 04:21 PM.
    04-18-15 04:06 PM
    Just checked out the sale. Trying to pick up second Z30. But is 349$ ... barely a sale IMHO. Going try wait for better sale. LoL

Posted via CB10
    Holding out for that White Slider.
    I know I am repeating myself!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, kfh227 and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-15 04:13 PM
    Holding out for that White Slider.
    I know I am repeating myself!

Posted via CB10
    I'm definitely going for slider but my gf wants to convert from iPhone 5c to Z30. She's in no hurry so just waiting for the right price.

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-15 04:23 PM
    04-18-15 04:23 PM
    Just played with the s6 and s6 edge. That edge screen is captivating. The first phone that makes we want to carry two phones.....

Posted via CB10
    The edge would be so much better with bb10.

Jus' sayin'.
    CDM76, bungaboy, zyben and 1 others like this.
    04-18-15 04:35 PM
    Just checked out the "sale". Trying to pick up a second Z30. But is 349$ ..... barely a sale IMHO. Going try wait for better sale. LoL

Posted via CB10
    CB has White for $249.99 CAD Free shipping. Ships April 30th
    And Black for $279.99 CAD Free shipping. Ships May 12th

BlackBerry Z30 Smartphones | CrackBerry Canada
    04-18-15 06:06 PM
    Folks,
    This is potentially going to be a game changer for BB 10 OS in about a year's time. Maybe less:
    Microsoft Just Took Android?s Future Out of Google?s Hands | WIRED

So, basically, Cyanogen and Microsoft have partnered and Microsoft will provide replacement apps for Google apps on Android. Instead of Google maps, we'd have Bing Maps, Bing Search, Outlook, One Note and so on.

Cyanogen is on way way more devices than BB 10. So, now, Android developers would pretty much be forced into making their apps in a way that it can use either Google API/Google Play Services or Microsoft's API (bing, maps, outlook etc).

So, now, if BlackBerry gets Microsoft apps to run on their BB10 Android run-time (as they don't depend on Google Services Framework), we'd start to see a LOT of apps becoming available for BB10 too.

Amazon has tried creating app-store that doesn't depend on Google. And it failed. BB also failed. But Cyanogen is starting from a very large installed base already. So, I think Cyanogen-Microsoft are going to succeed where Amazon, BB and countless Chinese manufacturers failed.

And their success is going to benefit BlackBerry too!!! Win-Win-and-Win!
    awindsr, zyben, Alvin Loh and 8 others like this.
    04-18-15 06:59 PM
    CB has White for $249.99 CAD Free shipping. Ships April 30th
    And Black for $279.99 CAD Free shipping. Ships May 12th

BlackBerry Z30 Smartphones | CrackBerry Canada
    Thank you !!!!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-19-15 12:55 AM
    I will be trialing BBM meetings. I find WebEx pretty poor quality audio. Will do an in office comparison both internal user to external user (BBM meetings web vs app), app to app (both external) and internal to internal (web to web). No mobile devices on intranet.
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    04-19-15 11:00 AM

Mercedes 1st and 3rd at Bahrain GP!
    Last edited by Corbu; 04-19-15 at 12:41 PM.
    04-19-15 12:20 PM
    what happened ?????? :-( :-(
    He left!
    sidhuk, Corbu, zyben and 1 others like this.
    04-19-15 02:02 PM
    He left!
    On the positive hopefully we won't get any more brown shoes comments lol

Posted via CB10
    zyben likes this.
    04-19-15 02:18 PM
    Shame to lose Jeff. He was a great speaker and very enthusiastic about BlackBerry products.

It brings slight concern. I hope this was a personal choice instead of a career choice.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 02:49 PM
    Well, reading his LinkedIn, it seems his desire to 'make a mark on the world' has led him to this decision.

He is a great public speaker. Tremendous amount of talent if you want to make it seem as easy as he did.

It definitely makes me wonder why both he and Vivek left BlackBerry so early in the turnaround. I can imagine there still were great opportunities for them within BlackBerry: the BlackBerry experience (hub, keyboard, ...) on Android/iOS/WP to name just one. And IoT further down the road. But these products are still in development. And looking at his previous roles at BlackBerry, it seems he has done pretty much everything there is to do marketing-wise.

I love what BlackBerry has done lately to promote products and services on their website. But, if you're more-and-more focused on an enterprise audience, and you're already in your 6th marketing role in 8 years covering Carrier relationships to PlayBook launch to BBM product marketing to Enterprise product marketing, it would not surprise me if he felt he's not leaving a big enough mark

Posted via CB10
    awindsr, bungaboy, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    04-19-15 04:29 PM
    Well, reading his LinkedIn, it seems his desire to 'make a mark on the world' has led him to this decision.

He is a great public speaker. Tremendous amount of talent if you want to make it seem as easy as he did.

It definitely makes me wonder why both he and Vivek left BlackBerry so early in the turnaround. I can imagine there still were great opportunities for them within BlackBerry: the BlackBerry experience (hub, keyboard, ...) on Android/iOS/WP to name just one. And IoT further down the road. But these products are still in development. And looking at his previous roles at BlackBerry, it seems he has done pretty much everything there is to do marketing-wise.

I love what BlackBerry has done lately to promote products and services on their website. But, if you're more-and-more focused on an enterprise audience, and you're already in your 6th marketing role in 8 years covering Carrier relationships to PlayBook launch to BBM product marketing to Enterprise product marketing, it would not surprise me if he felt he's not leaving a big enough mark

Posted via CB10
    Or you are a great marketer with no budget. Probably going to Samsung.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-19-15 04:41 PM
    Or you are a great marketer with no budget. Probably going to Samsung.
    Like Frank Boulben?
    _dimi_, Corbu, ibpluto and 3 others like this.
    04-19-15 05:12 PM
    Shame to lose Jeff. He was a great speaker and very enthusiastic about BlackBerry products.

It brings slight concern. I hope this was a personal choice instead of a career choice.

Posted via CB10
    I really hope his choice for leaving was not for personal reasons - as in no more interest in BlackBerry or that he can see BlackBerry experience suite benefiting samsung devices overall. Maybe a heavier partnership that pretty much sows BlackBerry's royal oats is getting deeper than we all think.

We shall see!

Posted using CB10 via Z10
    04-20-15 05:41 AM
    Vivek wento to Apple :-(
    I hope Jeff will not join him too ... :-(

What is going on ?
    04-20-15 05:50 AM
    No matter what the reason was it will mean good things for BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 06:58 AM
    No matter what the reason was it will mean good things for BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    How do you know.

#BBFactCheck
    awindsr and CDM76 like this.
    04-20-15 07:01 AM
    Good Monday Morning, Gang!

Let's look for the slow and steady climb in BBRY we've seen over the past trading sessions to continue with 8 of the past 13 being green days. Let's hope today is a 'green' day as well.

OT: HALO

Looks like we have some more positive clinical data on its way!

Halozyme Therapeutics - Halozyme Presents New Preclinical Data At The American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting, Announces Clinical Data Presentation At ASCO
    04-20-15 07:34 AM
    Good Monday Morning, Gang!

Let's look for the slow and steady climb in BBRY we've seen over the past trading sessions to continue with 8 of the past 13 being green days. Let's hope today is a 'green' day as well.

OT: HALO

Looks like we have some more positive clinical data on its way!

Halozyme Therapeutics - Halozyme Presents New Preclinical Data At The American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting, Announces Clinical Data Presentation At ASCO
    HALO ALERT

While we are so slow here:

Bullish analyst note this AM

Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO) Bullish Stance Reiterated at BMO Capital Amid Positive AACR Update
    7:51 AM ET, 04/20/2015 - StreetInsider
    BMO Capital analyst Jim Birchenough reiterated an Outperform rating and $26 price target on Halozyme Therapeutics (NASDAQ: HALO) after the American Association of Cancer Research meeting where, over the weekend, Halozyme PEGPH20 investigator, Dr. Sunil Hingorani discussed the targeting of hyaluronan (HA) in pancreatic cancer, noting that PEGPH20 combined with chemotherapy results in permanent favorable architectural changes after stoppage of PEGPH20.
    Birchenough commented, "We maintain our Outperform rating on HALO following this weekend's AACR presentation and on prospects for PEGPH20 in pancreatic CA and other cancers with high HA expression. With impressive response rate and PFS data already established, we believe that enhanced biologic understanding of PEGPH20 action further increases confidence in prospects for success in pancreatic Ca. Durable benefit following early PEGPH20 termination and lasting effects on tumor vasculature could inform new dosing strategies to optimize therapeutic index across tumor types and realize the broad potential of PEGPH20 as a platform to enhance chemotherapy efficacy. We continue to see PEGPH20 as an undervalued asset, in the context of a HALO valuation that can be supported by partnered PH20 programs like HERCEPTIN SC and MABTHERA SC."
    Mr BBRY, jxnb, La Emperor and 17 others like this.
    04-20-15 08:36 AM
113,256 ... 33283329333033313332 ...