View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hey folks...BlackBerry strong today again in the face of a terrible day in the markets - nice to see for a change! Since ER it has been quietly very strong and steady - let's keep the positive momentum (and discussion here) going. Great weekend to all.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:01 PM
    Am I the only one around here who searches Google for more news on the Slider / Venice EVERYDAY? It can't come soon enough for me. I can't wait to upgrade from my Q10 to a White Slider!
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 04-17-15 at 02:04 PM.
    bungaboy, CDM76, awindsr and 3 others like this.
    04-17-15 01:51 PM
    You're not

But I don't know if I'll change my Passport for a Venice; I love so much my "weird square" smartphone

Maybe a second device...

I'm waiting for the next high end all touch device, a lot of people coming from Z10 or Z30 are waiting for.
    04-17-15 03:32 PM
    You're not

But I don't know if I'll change my Passport for a Venice; I love so much my "weird square" smartphone

Maybe a second device...

I'm waiting for the next high end all touch device, a lot of people coming from Z10 or Z30 are waiting for.
    would LOVE to have an All Touch Oslo !!!
    04-17-15 03:42 PM
    would LOVE to have an All Touch Oslo !!!
    I Also would like an Oslo!
    Soumaila Somtore, Corbu and zyben like this.
    04-17-15 03:47 PM
    Me three!!
    I Also would like an Oslo!
    Corbu and zyben like this.
    04-17-15 03:57 PM
    Is Apple following BlackBerry's lead? File this under "where have we heard this before"?

Apple: It's All About Software and Services, Says FBR, Sets $185 Price Target - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    After the initial apple watch sales for the iFans, I think it's time to short. Galaxy S6 / Edge is now the champ of top rated smartphones, and many people just go by those rankings. And maybe this give current iPhone users a reason to try something else vs the usual "I'll probably just get another iPhone".

With Windows 10 coming out in September I think it will get good praise, and people will have less of a reason to look to OS X machines.

Just my nickels worth.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    04-17-15 04:10 PM
    A fellow "Bluenoser"!
    With the massive amount of snow finally melting with nowhere to go, I'm making the transition from Blue , to a brownnoser. : frowning :

To all of you looking for exterior renovations and upgrades, or just a rebuild for aging structures. Start your research now if you want to show it off this summer. Book early or you may miss out.
    When it comes to composite and solid core PVC, there are wait times. Time it right.
    Cheers

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-maplegrove-front3.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-maplegrove-rear1.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 04:16 PM
    Am I the only one around here who searches Google for more news on the Slider / Venice EVERYDAY? It can't come soon enough for me. I can't wait to upgrade from my Q10 to a White Slider!
    Oh I do too! Coming from Z10->Z30->Passport->Slider! Love the Passport but in my social circle they know I have to have the latest flagship Blackberry. It's mid April....i think mid July we get it so 3 more months to retail is my guess.
    04-17-15 04:19 PM
    seeing some nice wins (Care Partners) and potential ones with DoD !

Wonder if the global rollout of the Leap was a calculated move for all these fleet installments....

Next few quarters will be nice to see the progress with all these additions...and... nice to see Additions of large scale outfits as opposed to reading how industries are bailing.

Times are changing !
    04-17-15 04:20 PM
    After the initial apple watch sales for the iFans, I think it's time to short. Galaxy S6 / Edge is now the champ of top rated smartphones, and many people just go by those rankings. And maybe this give current iPhone users a reason to try something else vs the usual "I'll probably just get another iPhone".
    Who exactly issues these rankings? And where could I find an official copy?

You could short Apple if you want; but, it's probably not a good idea.
    04-17-15 05:09 PM

Agree. For sure 1-2 quarters too early to start shorting

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    04-17-15 07:37 PM
    04-17-15 07:38 PM
    04-17-15 07:45 PM
    Don't duel with a kid and his fantasies . . .

ibpluto, zyben, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    04-17-15 07:51 PM
    OT: Do they teach finger painting and basket weaving at California State University, Northridge?

awindsr and zyben like this.
    04-17-15 08:23 PM
    http://n4bb.com/guess-branding-win-b...rry-10-slider/

WIN a BlackBerry 10 Slider

BlackBerry shocked the world when the company unveiled a BlackBerry 10 Slider at their Mobile World Congress 2015 event.

Besides a quick reveal, nothing more than the device featuring a curve-edged display was announced. However, deeper analysis of the photographed Slider have given hints.

Recent rumors spreading throughout the BlackBerry community puts the Slider�s codename at �Venice.�

Though, what BlackBerry intends to*call the Slider for its go-to-market brand is unclear. This leads us to our latest giveaway�

We will giveaway a brand-spanking-new BlackBerry 10 Slider to the first reader who can accurately guess the correct brand for the Slider.

To enter: simply think of the brand name that BlackBerry might choose and leave a comment with your choice.

This giveaway will be active until BlackBerry officially announces the Slider�s final in-market brand. At which point, one (1) winner, who was first to guess correctly, will be selected and given an IOU until the Slider is made officially available.

Be creative, good luck, and comment with your entry below!*By entering this giveaway you agree to be bound by our giveaway Terms and Conditions,*found*here.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 10:44 PM
    Tracking JC down...

So, he was at a meeting with Indian PM Modi yesterday in Toronto:

PM Modi's visit wins hearts in Canada | Business Standard News
    If I can speak for the majority here for a moment; it is funny that we read through this news, see all these big-wig faces, and all we think of is "where's JC!?", and "when does he speak"?

Certainly THE Rock Star of CEO's.

Lol, when does he run for office?

Seriously, what would a CEO of little ol' BlackBerry be doing in Vancouver with the PM of both Canada and India anyway?
    Some things cookin'....

Happy Friday!
    awindsr, zyben, CDM76 and 9 others like this.
    04-17-15 10:48 PM
    http://www.cantechletter.com/2015/04...ackberry-oslo/

"BlackBerry, whose share of the global smartphone market is approximately equal to Alanis Morissette�s current share of the pop charts."

Okay.... well isn't that ironic ^^^
    And it turns out that that BlackBerry isn't really a hardware manufacturer . Who knew?!? This explains why when someone takes a picture of me seemingly using a BlackBerry ; the picture only shows me staring at my empty hands.
    Good grief...

Why investors should ignore the BlackBerry Oslo

The device leak has become part of internet culture. An iPhone haphazardly left in a booth at a restaurant in Cupertino? Scoop. A blurry image of the new Samsung Galaxy that originates from a website in Taiwan? Viral.

We have come to expect these sneak peeks of devices. We might even suspect that companies encourage them. No one is telling.

For Canadians, our device leaks get less press. That�s because they�re always centered around BlackBerry, whose share of the global smartphone market is approximately equal to Alanis Morissette�s current share of the pop charts.

Today, multiple organizations are reporting on a rumoured new device called the BlackBerry Oslo. Oslo is reportedly �the successor to the BlackBerry Ltd.�s moderately successful Blackberry Passport handset�, writes The Financial Post�s Patrick O�Rourke.

The BlackBerry Oslo, reports Ubergizmo, will boast a 3.450mAh battery, but other than that will be exactly the same as the Passport. The site says the device is intended for the Chinese market.

None of this should matter to investors. And BlackBerry shareholders who are tempted to lash out at �IPhoneRules33″ for gleefully mocking the market share of the BlackBerry Classic on some chat board or Twitter should simply hold their tongues.

BlackBerry isn�t really a hardware company. It used to be, but it isn�t anymore. When people mock BlackBerry, as they often have since the release of the iPhone, they ridicule the stereotyped image of the unhip dad with a BlackBerry Bold on a belt clip. Barack Obama did it recently on Jimmy Kimmel.

Investors waiting on the next device from BlackBerry to send its shares soaring will likely be waiting a long time. The company�s opportunity lies elsewhere.

Cormark analyst Richard Tse, who has a �Speculative Buy� rating says hardware numbers barely factor into his bullish thesis. Instead, he is focused on the company�s world-class security, its software development and enterprise mobility management.

In fact, in late 2013, Tse posited that simply removing hardware from the equation would move BlackBerry�s margins to 77%.

CEO John Chen seems acutely aware of BlackBerry�s strengths, but before he took the helm, former Descartes Systems Group CEO Art Mesher said there was a real danger that corporate decisions were driven by �gadget geeks� who were in denial of systems evolution theory, which he felt was the reason for the demise of companies such as Palm and DEC.

Tse, meanwhile, says a lot of things make BlackBerry a takeover target and none of them are called Passport or Classic or Oslo.

�We still believe it�s a target,� said Tse. �Despite the on-and-off acquisition talk for BlackBerry, we continue to believe this remains a credible thesis. Why? It goes beyond just the MDM/EMM (Mobile device management/Enterprise mobility management) opportunity. We continue to see meaningful potential with BlackBerry�s IoT opportunity via QNX which is present in over 50 MM vehicles with arguably the greatest coverage in that market with a potential to upsell new services on that mobile operating system.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 11:16 PM
    We as the Special Forces can diffuse a bomb with chewing gum and half a shoelace, pick handcuffs with a toothpick, kill a man with one strike, etc.

Now, if someone can point them to bes12, they will be away!

Irony at it's best.
    04-17-15 11:51 PM
    Toronto Raptors’ General Manager Reflects on a Winning Season with the BlackBerry Passport

Raptors? GM Reflects on Winning Season with BlackBerry Passport | Inside BlackBerry
    Corbu, rarsen, awindsr and 6 others like this.
    04-18-15 08:06 AM
    OT: Bell hit with $750 million in class action lawsuits for privacy foibles

This just pisses me off!!!

Bell hit with $750 million in class action lawsuits for privacy foibles | MobileSyrup.com
    Corbu, rarsen, awindsr and 5 others like this.
    04-18-15 08:24 AM
    OT: Bell hit with $750 million in class action lawsuits for privacy foibles

This just pisses me off!!!

Bell hit with $750 million in class action lawsuits for privacy foibles | MobileSyrup.com
    Results of Commissioner Initiated Investigation into Bell’s Relevant Ads Program

April 7, 2015

https://www.priv.gc.ca/cf-dc/2015/20...sp#heading-001
    04-18-15 08:27 AM

Just google smartphone review and rankings that includes the S6 / S6 Edge. Web research. Not one definitive holy grail ranking site.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-15 10:23 AM
    Just played with the s6 and s6 edge. That edge screen is captivating. The first phone that makes we want to carry two phones.....

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 12:45 PM
113,251 ... 33273328332933303331 ...