View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/04/14/s6...ve-to-produce/

Ouch. Sounds like the slider may be a $1000 + device.

In Canada, an iPhone 6 Plus with 64GB of storage costs $1099.00 to purchase, whereas an*S6 Edge with the same amount of storage will set someone back $939.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 05:18 PM
    OT:
    SF I am sorry that the "Cannibal" ruin your hopes. but there is still next year and PSG tried hard!

good day gang!
    There's a return match...
    Ask Mojinio and Chelsea
    But... well... not a good start, to say the least !

Posted via CB10
    Soumaila Somtore and rarsen like this.
    04-16-15 05:19 PM
    QNX finalist in a couple awards:
    http://qnxauto.blogspot.ca/2015/04/w...shing.html?m=1

Classically Posted.
    04-16-15 06:04 PM
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/04/14/s6...ve-to-produce/

In Canada, an iPhone 6 Plus with 64GB of storage costs $1099.00 to purchase, whereas an*S6 Edge with the same amount of storage will set someone back $939.

Posted via CB10
    I'm in for one haha

Posted via CB10
    awindsr, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    04-16-15 06:28 PM
    Good link / info. I thought I had read on this thread the assumption or interpretation that if one person had BBM Protected, and communicated to a person without BBM Protected, it would still have that extra level of encryption. Which, to me, didn't make sense. So this confirms both users must be subscribers to the service for enhanced BBM protected security.
    No, that's incorrect. The following is from the BBM protected page on http://us.blackberry.com/enterprise/...protected.html

"SECURITY MADE SIMPLE

All the added security offered by BBM Protected happens in the background. When a BBM Protected user sends a message, their conversation defaults to the added level of encryption, even if the recipient is a non-BBM Protected user. This enables a BBM Protected user to extend an enterprise-grade security interaction with contacts such as clients, customers and partners."

The FAQ document made it sound like both participants in a conversation need to be subscribers but as shown here, this is not the case.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! 
    CDM76, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    04-16-15 09:45 PM
    The S6 Edge is currently the world's most expensive smartphone to manufacture | MobileSyrup.com

Posted via CB10
    Nonetheless. I'll get it.
    dusdal, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-16-15 11:02 PM
    Same. This is the one I'm holding out for. Hopefully there will be a sale like on passport. I can hold out a few months after release before picking one up

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-17-15 12:45 AM
    Damn, I was a day early and called for a news release instead of a leak. Figured they were working on China though. It's another long-shot at a miracle. What if BlackBerry becomes a craze in China? If there is a phone that can do it, it's the Passport because of how different it is!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:53 AM
    Ot: we all know how GS does business.

Goldman Sachs' blockbuster performance in stock trading last quarter has some Wall Street watchers speculating whether it beat rival Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) out of the top spot in equities. Goldman (NYSE:GS) was head-and-shoulders above Morgan Stanley for many years in stock trading, but recently the latter gained ground: Morgan Stanley's 2014 stock-trading revenue surpassed Goldman's for the first time in at least a decade. Analysts have cautioned that while Goldman had a good quarter, broader challenges, such as electronic trading and tighter regulation, still exist. Investors will see whether Morgan Stanley's crown will fall next week.
    04-17-15 06:07 AM
    Me too!
    Mr BBRY and zyben like this.
    04-17-15 07:23 AM
    Much of the Edge’s high cost comes from its signature curved screen, which IHS estimates costs Samsung $85 USD per unit to manufacture.
    If this is really what the curved screen costs then this price point is going to be a problem
    04-17-15 07:40 AM
    04-17-15 08:04 AM
    OT Trading disrupted as Bloomberg terminals black out globally

Bloomberg’s trading terminals, which are used by most of the world’s biggest financial firms, went down for two-and-a-half hours on Friday due to apparent technical problems, a development that prompted the British government to postpone a planned $4.4-billion (U.S.) debt issue.

Users say the outage started as trading was getting in full swing in London around 8 a.m., one of the world’s largest financial centres, particularly in foreign exchange and bond markets.
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    04-17-15 08:14 AM
    I'm hoping I can do the same by the time it's released. It's been a devastating winter in Nova Scotia for my construction business. Went backwards all season.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, Corbu, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    04-17-15 10:17 AM
    Is Apple following BlackBerry's lead? File this under "where have we heard this before"?

Writes Ives, �While Apple remains a widely covered company from a sell-side perspective, we are throwing our hat in the ring with the unique approach of focusing more on Apple�s software, which represents the �crown jewel� embedded in its products/ services and should ultimately help lead it to becoming the world�s first $1 trillion company as mobile device hardware becomes increasingly commoditized.�
    Apple: It's All About Software and Services, Says FBR, Sets $185 Price Target - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    04-17-15 10:32 AM
    I'm hoping I can do the same by the time it's released. It's been a devastating winter in Nova Scotia for my construction business. Went backwards all season.
    GL awindsr!
    bungaboy, zyben, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    04-17-15 11:04 AM
    04-17-15 11:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    A fellow "Bluenoser"!
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    04-17-15 11:37 AM
    Good news. Would like to see this happen and prove another win on security.
    04-17-15 12:12 PM
    Tracking JC down...

So, he was at a meeting with Indian PM Modi yesterday in Toronto:

Early Thursday morning in Toronto, Modi met with the heads of major financial institutions. Canada’s Prime Minister Stephen Harper then joined him for a round table with a group of Canadian CEOs, including John Chen of Blackberry. Public reactions from those who attended were positive, signalling confidence in Modi’s leadership and India’s market potential.
    PM Modi's visit wins hearts in Canada | Business Standard News
    04-17-15 12:19 PM
    Holding above the 3 EMA and 50 DMA on a down day for the DOW. Looks good!
    04-17-15 12:20 PM
    And he was in D�sseldorf to meet the Secusmart team on April 1:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cbkyceqw8aaeijq.jpg

https://twitter.com/SwenjaKremer/sta...504320/photo/1
    04-17-15 12:26 PM
    And while in D�sseldorf, he gave an interview to Handlesblatt:

Original interview in german:
    Blackberry-Chef John Chen im Interview: ?Es gibt eine gute Chance auf ein Comeback? - IT + Medien - Unternehmen - Handelsblatt

Slightly edited GT version:

BLACKBERRY CEO JOHN CHEN INTERVIEW

"There is a good chance for a comeback"

Is BlackBerry still around? The smartphone maker has had difficult years, but CEO John Chen displays widespread optimism: "There are no fundamental problems." Now he must convince his assistance.

Dusseldorf. John Chen is inventing a new BlackBerry: The CEO wants to offer secure software of the famous but ailing smartphone manufacturer to devices from competitors and thus build up a new business. The German subsidiary Secusmart that belongs to the group since 2014 plays an important role. On a visit to the D�sseldorf office, the CEO takes time for a conversation with Handelsblatt - speaks about the new strategy and why BlackBerry is still building its own phones.

Mr. Chen, companies will be able to use BlackBerry software on other manufacturer's devices in the future. Why should they have to buy BlackBerry smartphones?
    Firstly, BlackBerry still has the highest level of security. On the other hand, the battery and the antenna are much better. In addition, there are many communication functions. There are strong functions in hardware, we only share the software with other companies.

Apple and Android almost dominate the market. Which target group remains for you?
    We focus on people who need the smartphone for work, not for games or videos - we call them "Power Professionals". These include, for example, government employees, who need a secure communication platform, but also doctors, researchers, lawyers and investment bankers.

So you've said goodbye to the average user?
    At my doctor's nurse said - a young girl - when she saw my Blackberry Passport: "What is it? Does BlackBerry still make phones? "I understand such a reaction. But I hope that the public will get a better picture of BlackBerry again in the last 18 months. We are not yet where we want to go, but there is a good chance for a comeback.

However, the sales in the last quarter fell further to 1.6 million units ...
    We knew it would happen. We do not build up too much inventory because it is expensive. If you wanted to buy older models today, I might even get you a little. What is this: The two largest carriers in the US, AT & T and Verizon, have taken our new devices until very late in the program, which is hardly taken into account in the balance sheet. But there are no fundamental problems in the hardware business.

But a comeback story sounds different.
    The turn will take two years, which many people forget. A year ago we burned money and the margins were very low. First it was to generate a positive cash flow, now we earn back. Only in the next year, we plan to grow again. Many media reports were very unfair because they have left the schedule in mind.

"We are investing more in software than in the device"

You want this year to sell eight to ten million units - that sounds like a difficult task.
    I do not agree. Even if you put the last quarter basis, it would be in a year already 6.4 million units. But selling picks up, and soon we will bring the cheap model Leap out. It would be no problem to sell more units: I could go to a Chinese manufacturer and sell one of his devices. It might not be good, but I would get rid of a few hundred thousand units. It's like a bad movie: He will make at least some money at the box office. But one loses money and reputation. Some things do not go so fast if you want to do it properly.

How many devices do you need to sell in order that the business is profitable?
    Eight to ten million. We sell our equipment for three quarters of a positive gross margin. Of course, we do not have costs for things like research and development. But if we sell our cost structure and the current average price of $ 211 eight million units, there is a good chance to run the business profitably.

How much do you spend because even in the development of new devices?
    I can name a specific figure, but in general we are investing more and more in software and services - at the end of the financial year were significantly more developers are here to work in this area than in the hardware. But we maintain relationships with contract manufacturers like Foxconn, which take over part of the development. We develop further the design and software. So there are still resources for new devices.

In the software business, you want to double sales within a year. How?
    What is important is how to achieve sales. Network operators around the world to sell our software in Germany for example, offers Vodafone encryption solution to Secuvoice. It takes a while before they are ready, they have their staff trained to build the logistics and support. But then it comes to large volumes. If we achieve that alone, it would be almost impossible, but if companies like Vodafone to sell the software to their customers, things look the same from different. We still have to win a lot more network operators, but we are talking with many companies.

Samsung will, in the future, sell smartphones with BlackBerry software. Do you want to cooperate with other manufacturers?
    Yes, Samsung is the first partner. This is a natural choice because Samsung wants to win the corporate clients. If a manufacturer concentrated on the consumer business, we like to work with him, but I'm not sure if this fits together.

You have announced acquisitions. To purchase sales or technology?
    Every company we buy technology in one of the areas must have security, privacy and cross-platform software and focus on the corporate business. If she also has a customer base that we take the course like also. Thanks for the interview.
    zyben, jxnb, morganplus8 and 17 others like this.
    04-17-15 12:32 PM
    OT:
    Apple Pay Plans to Launch in Canada
    Apple is planning to launch its mobile payments service in Canada this fall, marking the start of its international expansion of Apple Pay.
    Apple Pay Plans to Launch in Canada This Fall - WSJ

Canadian Lenders Fret About Apple Pay - Canada Real Time - WSJ
    morganplus8, zyben, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    04-17-15 12:35 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c003b4aa1_f2805760-e527-11e4-bfbe-0200ac17782c.jpeg

Some indications are pointing to the Oslo being available in a Graphite as-well.

It's too early to tell, but here's a rendering of what that could look like. Just for fun.

(Render By @DHabkirk)

Source: Dylan Habkirk's Channel
    04-17-15 12:42 PM
113,256 ... 33263327332833293330 ...