View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    04-10-15 10:58 AM
    BBRY: My friday close prediction is still looking good. All good...saving the demand for next week.

OT: HALO

Question for Morgan. I picked up some HALO $8 strike Jan 2016 calls for $2.70 in that last big sell off. With RSI approaching 70 I'm thinking about selling, BUT I am getting pretty much ZERO premium for the remaining time value. Bid $7 Ask is $8 to they'd probably go for $7.60 or something. How do I extract some value out of these?
    04-10-15 11:22 AM
    But generally it seems BlackBerry observes a perpetual quiet period!
    Posted via CB10
    You know the adage : "those talking much are not those acting much"
    My sentiment is that they only talk with those who want to make business and reduce the efforts/costs for general chit-chat as they believe the message is now clear. We have to understand that anything exposed has, firstly, to be supported and defended from opponents counter-actions (and yes they exist - and yes this is 100% usual - and no this is not a conspiracy) but furthermore unveils the path and tools of overall BlackBerry strategy. If you've monitored IT sector lately, you can observe there are a LOT of movements with many players teaming up.

Like QNX with its discreet "white branding", my personal feeling is that BlackBerry are now positioning themselves as a solution provider when the former BlackBerry was a frontal opponent, especially in the "Enterprises services" area. Exception made with BES12 which has obvious frontal competitors, there are many areas where collaboration will be the key.

All the above 100% IMHO.

As for this thread, I must apologize for being quite away lately - still, for the "cause" - but I don't have much to add to the regulars' TA and market analysis. I do read, sometimes with a day or two late, but ... I don't want to get caught too much OT or overreacting to a not-that-friendly posting here. So, we'll wait a bit and in the meantime, I believe shadow is a warm place in the summer

Cheers gang !
    SF
    04-10-15 11:24 AM
    OT: If Apple sells an estimated 50 million iwatches over the next few months I will have one simple wish.....that being...a very large extraterrestrial object strikes the earth and swipes the human race off the face of the planet! There I said it . Peace out my bros!!

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    Go to the apple online store try to buy the lower priced models - now shipping in June. Looks like they are selling...
    04-10-15 11:25 AM
    BBRY: My friday close prediction is still looking good. All good...saving the demand for next week.

Question for Morgan. I picked up some HALO $8 strike Jan 2016 calls for $2.70 in that last big sell off. With RSI approaching 70 I'm thinking about selling, BUT I am getting pretty much ZERO premium for the remaining time value. Bid $7 Ask is $8 to they'd probably go for $7.60 or something. How do I extract some value out of these?
    I guess to quote myself, and seeing your HALO post I missed...I'll just hold and watch it play out a bit more. A 1.5% move = 10% move on the calls at this level.
    04-10-15 11:30 AM

You have a nice problem! Your calls are trading for cash now, whatever the stock is at, the MM's will take your options in kind. It's a nice problem to have as now you can hold onto them and sell calls against them as a spread or sell them and move on. I believe we will hit a new 52 week high this time around. The RSI = 70 is our target, but so often, the stock spends a few days above that level when it has the kind of float HALO does. As long as it is above its 3-ema you are safe to expect the rally to continue. The DOW is strong, the IBB Index is strong, you are making dollar for dollar on the stock so that leverage is very good. I can't tell you what to do with your money, if you follow my channel in my chart, watch that 3-ema, you can milk this for more leveraged money. Let us know what you do as it goes likewise for BBRY trading as well. GL

Your Friday close on BBRY does look good, I hope we are above $ 9.55/shr and that would set us up for a nice rally next week.
    04-10-15 11:37 AM
    OT:

In other Fairfax Financial Holdings news. Cara Operations Ltd. up $9.60 (IPO was set at $23 a share) today on its first day of trading on the TSX.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    04-10-15 11:50 AM
    Your Friday close on BBRY does look good, I hope we are above $ 9.55/shr and that would set us up for a nice rally next week.
    One SF post a day makes ...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    => LOL
    04-10-15 11:51 AM
    Go to the apple online store try to buy the lower priced models - now shipping in June. Looks like they are selling...
    lol that means nothing. I sure we are all aware that a sell out means nothing if they only made 100 of them lol. No matter what number they build there was going to be a orchestrated sell out. Blackberry is guilty of this too so dont think this is just an apple bash.
    04-10-15 12:15 PM
    lol that means nothing. I sure we are all aware that a sell out means nothing if they only made 100 of them lol. No matter what number they build there was going to be a orchestrated sell out. Blackberry is guilty of this too so dont think this is just an apple bash.
    But we know they've made much more of them so not sure the point. Apple orders 5-6 million watches: WSJ | Reuters

I'm not getting one but 3 of the 5 iPhones in my office are.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-10-15 12:39 PM
    But we know they've made much more of them so not sure the point. Apple orders 5-6 million watches: WSJ | Reuters

LoL, arnt you brave? be surrounded by iphones but still supporting Blackberry.
    04-10-15 01:00 PM

These are just iFans trying to justify why they have an iPhone and how great Apple is so they go get a iWatch that is user un-friendly and then tell you how great they work together.

I am sooo glad almost every reviewer has finally crowned either the S6 or S6 edge as the best mobile phone on the market. (For me, that phone is still the Passport, but if I was not staying with BB I'd get the S6 Edge.). Of course, they also add a negative that the S6 is overpriced, but isn't the iPhone? No mention of that.
    04-10-15 01:03 PM
    OT:
    Since we all have an interest in the Galaxy S6 Edge...
    Samsung: S6 Edge curved screen is difficult to make - BBC News

Had to repost this, from earlier today:

Exciting new devices for this year Can you share any details on the new Slider?

Ron: I can’t except for dual curve display (laughs). But let me add, it’ll blow you away.

Will that be similar to the Galaxy S6 Edge?

Ron: Yes.
    http://www.tbreak.com/ron-louks-the-...blow-you-away/
    Last edited by Corbu; 04-10-15 at 04:25 PM.
    04-10-15 01:10 PM
    LoL, arnt you brave? be surrounded by iphones but still supporting Blackberry.
    I've been through this before but since you bring it up....

The entire office used to be BlackBerry, I am the remnant now and even I have an Android phone, 3 other Androids and 1 Windows phone, in my office. In fact my whole industry (Coffee) used to be nearly 100% BlackBerry.

What I do seem to be brave about here in this room is that I don't believe that Apple needs to fail for BlackBerry to come back to prominence. I haven't had any Apple products since the 2nd generation iPod so you'll be hard pressed to call me a fanboy, maybe Android in addition to Blackberry, but I do believe that for a large part of the population, iPhone works very well, in the same way for many in the business world, including myself, BlackBerry has a place.

I happen to enjoy big boy toys as many of you in this thread do. IMHO its curious, you don't have to disparage Mercedes to like BMW or Audi do you? Why is it impossible to say something nice about Apple and still like BlackBerry?
    04-10-15 01:13 PM

The entire office used to be BlackBerry, I am the remnant now and even I have an Android phone, 3 other Androids and 1 Windows phone, in my office. In fact my whole industry (Coffee) used to be nearly 100% BlackBerry.

What I do seem to be brave about here in this room is that I don't believe that Apple needs to fail for BlackBerry to come back to prominence. I haven't had any Apple products since the 2nd generation iPod so you'll be hard pressed to call me a fanboy, maybe Android in addition to Blackberry, but I do believe that for a large part of the population, iPhone works very well, in the same way for many in the business world, including myself, BlackBerry has a place.

I happen to enjoy big boy toys as many of you in this thread do. IMHO its curious, you don't have to disparage Mercedes to like BMW or Audi do you? Why is it impossible to say something nice about Apple and still like BlackBerry?
    The problem with iPhone users is they are ignorant to other options, it is more fashionable than functional for the corporate environment (I'm excluding those corps that need mobile phone specific apps to support their customers, so here iOS and Android are better).

I've always said the iPhone is the best 'premium level smartphone' device hands down for my 8 year old and my parents and grandparents. So are their computers and Mac OS X (so I don't have to spend hours trouble shooting them through Windows viruses!). Apple products have a huge place, but they don't deserve the marketshare numbers they have for the iPhone IMO, especially among the corporates and professionals. It is in this crowd that ignorance is supreme.
    04-10-15 01:42 PM

have 4 ipads, two airport express and an apple TV, iphone5, ipod etc at my place right now. used iphone for about over a year. I have no problem any one saying apple is better or any other company for that matter. where i do have the problem is that when people do not appreciate more choices and starting bashing blackberry for no apparent reason other than to just bash because it is Blackberry. there are countless examples of that. as we know that every action has reaction to it. sooo, sooner or later, some one will hit back at the bully. LOL
    By the way, my younger son never left blackberry, wouldnt use any other phone than blackberry.
    04-10-15 01:46 PM

I know they didnt only make 100 , i was just using that as an example that a sell out means nothing without hard numbers be hide it. That 5-6 million is just a rumor, not saying i dont believe it but i don't think apple will sell 50 million of them this year as projected by wall street.
    04-10-15 01:47 PM
    Okay. This is super eerie. I just received an email directly from Apple informing me of the iWatch release. Apple <[email protected]> Pre-order your Apple Watch today.

I have no Apple products. Subscribe to no service at all.

Apple Spamming me....lovely.

Last edited by bigbadben10; 04-10-15 at 03:22 PM.
    04-10-15 01:55 PM
    Okay. This is super eerie. I just received an email directly from Apple informing me of the iWatch release.

Is that not agains the Canadian Anti Spam Legislation?
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    04-10-15 02:30 PM
    Short interest down about 3M shares to 92.690M from 95.573M

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 03:09 PM
    Is that not agains the Canadian Anti Spam Legislation?
    As if Apple gives a *rap about doing the right thing and abiding by law..... but I agree Chris.
    04-10-15 03:24 PM
    That's how shopblackberry.com should do it !!!! Never sell out, just adjust the expected shipping date. BlackBerry just doesn't get it.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-10-15 04:06 PM
    That's how shopblackberry.com should do it !!!! Never sell out, just adjust the expected shipping date. BlackBerry just doesn't get it.

Posted via CB10
    Can you imagine the backlash if BlackBerry were to give you an expected shipping date for 3 months from now?!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 04:18 PM
    Okay. This is super eerie. I just received an email directly from Apple informing me of the iWatch release. Apple <[email protected]> Pre-order your Apple Watch today.

Probably in conjunction with your Cell Service Provider.
    04-10-15 04:57 PM
    Probably in conjunction with your Cell Service Provider.
    Those *itches.....
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-15 05:24 PM
113,256 ... 33203321332233233324 ...