View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Good little pick up today crossing 9.50. I'm betting it closes at 9.50 tomorrow so I don't expect much more this week.
    Didn't it already close at over $9.50 today? The volume is still dismal. I've got the feeling that the shorts want to cover but they're not willing to pay up. Well, it ain't gonna happen. They can't get off the hook so easily. We'll see what comes out of tomorrow's short interest report. I bet it barely changes.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-09-15 05:18 PM
    Didn't it already close at over $9.50 today? The volume is still dismal. I've got the feeling that the shorts want to cover but they're not willing to pay up. Well, it ain't gonna happen. They can't get off the hook so easily. We'll see what comes out of tomorrow's short interest report. I bet it barely changes.
    Almost always goes down on Options Friday. I sold my Apr 9 $9 calls today near HOD and that 2%+ really helped me.

Next week we'll probably hang out in the low 10s by EOW. Then 10.50 then week after. Then test 10.80-11.10 the week after before more FUD is spread to push it back down.
    04-09-15 06:20 PM
    Almost always goes down on Options Friday. I sold my Apr 9 $9 calls today near HOD and that 2%+ really helped me.

Next week we'll probably hang out in the low 10s by EOW. Then 10.50 then week after. Then test 10.80-11.10 the week after before more FUD is spread to push it back down.
    Does not the FUD start during the quiet period? That gives another 3-4 weeks of share price increase on top of your predictions.
    04-09-15 06:59 PM
    Does not the FUD start during the quiet period? That gives another 3-4 weeks of share price increase on top of your predictions.
    I know BlackBerry doesn't say anything during quiet period but when it is not quiet period, I wish for BlackBerry to say a lot of things to counter fud! Announcements, press-releases, and the whole rock and roll. PR machine on full power.

But generally it seems BlackBerry observes a perpetual quiet period!

Posted via CB10
    zyben and CDM76 like this.
    04-09-15 07:01 PM
    I know BlackBerry doesn't say anything during quiet period but when it is not quiet period, I wish for BlackBerry to say a lot of things to counter fud! Announcements, press-releases, and the whole rock and roll. PR machine on full power.

Posted via CB10
    There must be something in the works. I predict a big announcement rather soon. Say, next week Friday!

Something more to do with the Chinese market, as that is where the focus seems to be right now. They worked on the US last year while Chen said he was figuring out a plan for China. Now, the US is improving with improved carrier support and big deals with Google and IBM, so we're on to China.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 07:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry made many announcements and press releases before last quiet period. Remember Mobile World Congress and the time surrounding it? However the four horsemen of BBRY share price destruction (GS, MS, CS and JPM) responded more forcefully then any other quarter since JC took over.

IMO if BlackBerry satisfies the expectations of these 4 MM's. The sky is the limit for BBRY. Until then sell the news and buy the blues.
    04-09-15 07:29 PM
    My personal opinion,
    Ive noticed a marked increase in negative sentiment: posts, blog articles, news sites, (wanna be news sites), comments on these sites and even here on little ol CB...coincidence? No tin-foil hat stuff, but I (like many of you) watch this thing VERY closely...for almost two months the negative (FUD) was almost non existent. Now, every second article(lame) tweet, blog post or comment is pure vitriol...odd don't you think??

Anyway...just my humble observation...nothing at all to do with the launch of a gadgetry wrist thingy....that no one over thirty five can see.
    Corbu, sidhuk, kadakn01 and 11 others like this.
    04-09-15 08:10 PM
    OT: If Apple sells an estimated 50 million iwatches over the next few months I will have one simple wish.....that being...a very large extraterrestrial object strikes the earth and swipes the human race off the face of the planet! There I said it . Peace out my bros!!

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    Corbu, sidhuk, cjcampbell and 14 others like this.
    04-09-15 10:13 PM
    FWIW:
    White BlackBerry Glide Renderings
    https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...de-renderings/

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-e4005beab8a21843b2b1c747f283ed72.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-46bd02d45732d3a2a6d87fac199af589.jpg

Props to BlackBerry Central & Dylan Habkirk
    04-09-15 10:14 PM
    OT: If Apple sells an estimated 50 million iwatches over the next few months I will have one simple wish.....that being...a very large extraterrestrial object strikes the earth and swipes the human race off the face of the planet! There I said it . Peace out my bros!!

I agree. This just isn't an apple bash I've been saying this about all smart watches from the beginning. They are a gimmick and don't add and ease or new functionality.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 11:24 PM
    Welcome back M8! it's been quiet since the earnings but since it's quiet mind if we go OT HALO for a bit, the chart itself looks great! steady reversal but do you think it'll stall out at its recent 52 week high or push towards the upper BB around $16.88?
    Thanks M8!

PS: Sorry another OT in case people were interested SPHS
    Sophiris Bio - Maybe Not A Left-For-Dead Biotech - Sophiris Bio (NASDAQ:SPHS) | Seeking Alpha
    Last edited by slipstream89; 04-10-15 at 12:46 AM.
    04-10-15 12:29 AM
    FWIW:
    White BlackBerry Glide Renderings
    https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...de-renderings/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e4005beab8a21843b2b1c747f283ed72.jpg 
Views:	1806 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	346675Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46bd02d45732d3a2a6d87fac199af589.jpg 
Views:	1806 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	346676

Props to BlackBerry Central & Dylan Habkirk
    That is going to be my Q10 successor.
    3MIKE, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-10-15 12:57 AM
    I agree. This just isn't an apple bash I've been saying this about all smart watches from the beginning. They are a gimmick and don't add and ease or new functionality.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry don't even make a watch. I'm not sure anyone needs to be so upset about the things. Apple have made a watch. Many people will buy the watch. Not a big deal, or something to despair about.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 03:57 AM
    My personal opinion,
    Ive noticed a marked increase in negative sentiment: posts, blog articles, news sites, (wanna be news sites), comments on these sites and even here on little ol CB...coincidence? No tin-foil hat stuff, but I (like many of you) watch this thing VERY closely...for almost two months the negative (FUD) was almost non existent. Now, every second article(lame) tweet, blog post or comment is pure vitriol...odd don't you think??

Anyway...just my humble observation...nothing at all to do with the launch of a gadgetry wrist thingy....that no one over thirty five can see.
    What exactly are you suggesting? Honest question. Are you simply pointing out that negative comments exist? I suppose not, as you suggest that it's 'odd'? I do trust that you have been monitoring things very closely. Just wondering if you could clarify exactly what your point is.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    04-10-15 04:04 AM
    My point is as stated, nothing to interpret. Do you look for news, sentiment and overall trend of opinion concerning your stock, or just visit here to shoot the breeze??

The negative bashing has increased noticeably since a week prior to ER and has not settled down.
    Classically Posted.
    04-10-15 06:58 AM
    http://stixs.in/stock-updates-blackb.../17828456.html

Shares of BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) zoomed 2.4194% or 0.225 points in todays trading session. Buyers continued to remain confident of the ticker and never let the price fall below the comfort zone. The shares ended the day at 9.525, after the stock managed 9.58 and 9.23 as the two extremes. A total of 6,805,036 shares exchanged hands. The 52-week high of the counter is 12.63 and the 52-week low is 7.01. The 52-week high is approximately 26.37% above the current valuation. The stock has a 30-day simple moving average of 9.83 and a 60-day simple moving average of 10.03. The trading currency is in USD.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-15 07:11 AM
    Stock Updates: BlackBerry Ltd , Melco Crown Entertainment Limited , Kraft Foods Group Inc - STIXS

Shares of BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) zoomed 2.4194% or 0.225 points in todays trading session. Buyers continued to remain confident of the ticker and never let the price fall below the comfort zone. The shares ended the day at 9.525, after the stock managed 9.58 and 9.23 as the two extremes. A total of 6,805,036 shares exchanged hands. The 52-week high of the counter is 12.63 and the 52-week low is 7.01. The 52-week high is approximately 26.37% above the current valuation. The stock has a 30-day simple moving average of 9.83 and a 60-day simple moving average of 10.03. The trading currency is in USD.

Posted via CB10
    I am puzzled why only 4 decimal places? LoL

These articles are either being written by BOTS or . . . . Art History Majors.
    La Emperor, zyben, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    04-10-15 07:24 AM
    BlackBerry don't even make a watch. I'm not sure anyone needs to be so upset about the things. Apple have made a watch. Many people will buy the watch. Not a big deal, or something to despair about.

Posted via CB10
    That opinion has nothing to do with Blackberry or Apple, it was my opinion on smart watches on a whole.
    04-10-15 07:43 AM

I just hope someone hacks it. And fast. Could have some fun with that if was into that kind of stuff....

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 07:52 AM
    04-10-15 08:21 AM
    A friend of mine sent me this. Old but, I like it.
    http://www.tbreak.com/ron-louks-the-...blow-you-away/

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    04-10-15 08:26 AM
    Now this is what we call innovation at its best! Not an iWatch which isn't innovative, but copied!

Award-winning Design Achievement: BlackBerry Receives Prestigious Top Prize in the Red Dot Award 2015 (ccnm)

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - April 10, 2015) -

Editors Note: There is a photo and a video associated with this press release.

BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a world leader in mobile communications, today announced that the BlackBerry� Passport� has won the prestigious Red Dot Award: Product Design 2015. The BlackBerry Passport proved its design excellence in the most important competition for product design, which is celebrating its 60th anniversary this year.

The Red Dot: Best of the Best is awarded for innovative design and is the highest individual award in the Red Dot Award: Product Design. Only the outstanding products in a category receive this award - in 2015, only 81 products from 31 categories were given the sought-after seal of quality.

Thoughtful Design for the Mobile Professional

Inspired by actual passports, the universal symbol of mobility, the size and form factor of BlackBerry Passport is portable enough to easily tuck into pockets and use wherever you go. Utilizing premium, robust materials such as Corning� Gorilla� Glass 3 for the display that's been shaped and polished to perfection and forged stainless steel for added strength and visual lightness, the BlackBerry Passport will provide the durability business professionals require in a smartphone.

The large square screen affords an uncompromised experience for viewing and creating content, and will make everyday tasks like reading and writing emails, reviewing and editing documents, web browsing, and map navigation, more comfortable and effortless. Its square aspect ratio and size provides a near optimal text line length, not unlike that of books. The BlackBerry Passport includes the industry's first touch-enabled keyboard with gestures that make typing, editing and navigating the ergonomically sculpted surfacing more efficient and accurate. BlackBerry's iconic physical QWERTY keyboards have always made it easier for users to create polished, professional communications with exceptional accuracy.

"The BlackBerry Passport design pushes boundaries and changes the way business professionals get work done on their smartphone," said Ron Louks, President of Devices and Emerging Solutions at BlackBerry. "The large 4.5 inch square display and touch-enabled keyboard drives productivity and stands out from the crowd."

"We continue to innovate and evolve through design to deliver iconic and purpose built products for mobile professionals," said Brian Paschke, Senior Industrial Designer at BlackBerry. "The unique format, intelligent structure and keyboard innovations were designed on the strengths and heritage of the brand.

"The BlackBerry Design Team is honoured to accept the prestigious Red Dot: Best of the Best Product Design Award for the BlackBerry Passport," said Alison Phillips, Managing Director and Head of Industrial Design. "The value of design comes through when technology and new ideas can be turned into meaningful products that users connect with. This innovative product was a collaboration of many teams coming together to deliver a new design icon for BlackBerry."

Professor Dr. Peter Zec, Founder and CEO of the Red Dot Award: "For 60 years, the most-respected design experts have been convening every year in Essen to seek out the best designs. This year we had a record number of almost 5,000 entries - a huge amount of work for our jury members, who assessed each individual product, and a special value of the distinction due to the high standard. The laureates of the Red Dot Award: Product Design 2015 have demonstrated exceptionally high achievements and have thus been deservedly successful in the world's largest design competition."

Red Dot Design Museum Essen

With roughly 2,000 exhibits over 4,000 square metres, the Red Dot Design Museum presents the world's largest exhibition of contemporary design. The successful entries in the Red Dot Award: Product Design 2015 will be shown from 29 June to 26 July 2015 in an impressive special exhibition in the midst of the historical industrial architecture of the Zollverein World Heritage site. In "Design on Stage," visitors will experience the current top achievements up close and personal, because this hands-on exhibition expressly encourages visitors to touch and try out the exhibits. In this way, fans of design can find out about the trends in international product design and see for themselves the excellent quality of the BlackBerry Passport from BlackBerry.

About the Red Dot Award:

In order to appraise the diversity in the field of design in a professional manner, the Red Dot Design Award breaks down into the three disciplines of Red Dot Award: Product Design, Red Dot Award: Communication Design and Red Dot Award: Design Concept.

The Red Dot Award was created by Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen and with around 17,000 entries each year is one of the best-respected design competitions in the world. In 2015, it is celebrating its 60th anniversary: It was in 1955 that a jury convened for the first time to assess the best designs of the day. The sought-after award, the "Red Dot", is the revered international seal of outstanding design quality.

Award-winning designers, manufacturers and agencies use the Red Dot winner label and receive numerous other winners' privileges, such as the presentation of the award-winning product on Red Dot Online, in the Red Dot Design Yearbook, the Red Dot App and on Red Dot 21. Additionally, the winning products are communicated in the international PR activities of Red Dot and exhibited in the Red Dot Design Museum Essen for a whole year.
    04-10-15 08:31 AM
    OT: BMO Capital Lowers Apple Watch Estimates Following Recent Survey (AAPL)

"The analyst commented, “About 9 percent of respondents who own an iPhone plan to buy the Apple Watch. About 1 percent of respondents who don’t own an iPhone plan to buy the Apple Watch. Of the respondents who plan to buy the Watch, approximately 60 percent plan to buy the Apple Sport, which starts at $349. About 12 percent of iPhone owners plan to buy the Apple Watch model.”"

BMO Capital Lowers Apple Watch Estimates Following Recent Survey (AAPL)
    Last edited by bungaboy; 04-10-15 at 08:42 AM.
    zyben, sidhuk, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    04-10-15 08:32 AM
    Welcome back M8! it's been quiet since the earnings but since it's quiet mind if we go OT HALO for a bit, the chart itself looks great! steady reversal but do you think it'll stall out at its recent 52 week high or push towards the upper BB around $16.88?
    Thanks M8!

PS: Sorry another OT in case people were interested SPHS
    Sophiris Bio - Maybe Not A Left-For-Dead Biotech - Sophiris Bio (NASDAQ:SPHS) | Seeking Alpha
    Hi slipstream89 !!

I have been visiting the site frequently the past couple of weeks but I'm adding a S.S. drive to my new PC as it calfed on a ever so slight power failure a few days ago. Now it has a UPS backup and a solid state drive.

First I would mention that BBRY is holding up well, this is its 7th day above its 3-ema and the chart looks good here. BlackBerry stock closed off the quarter on a down note, but once that pressure lifted, it has been strong against a DOW that dropped below its 50-dma during the BB rally.

As for HALO, the chart is solid as well, it is trading over it 3-ema and this is its 10th day so you have to like that, here's a chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-april-10-2015.png

You can see that the stock has rallied hard after that great buy opportunity in the low $ 13.00's. The $ 15.50 level is resistance right now, the news on the Phase III was great but we won't hear anything more about that long process until next year. So HALO is driven by its upcoming quarterly report in early May, it is earnings driven at that report and we will be looking to see it breakeven on cash-flow. In addition, HALO could announce many new partnerships in the months ahead while we await data on their Phase II study later in the second half of this year.

As for the price movement, I sold a big block of April 17, $ 15.00 strike calls against some of my stock to give me about $ 15.70/shr on those. If they get called away next Friday, I'll be writing naked puts or buying the stock back again. I see this period as a time for earning some option money while I wait for the second half of 2015. If we close above $ 15.50 (I think that won't be a problem) then we are moving to new highs. The DOW has turned around, it is moving away from its 50-dma now, no big sell-off here, and the IBB Index is also bouncing off its 50-dma and moving toward new, all time highs as well. So watch the stock, it is having a very comfortable day so far!

As for SPHS, I like it as a trade that could double over night as the CEO rationalizes his plan on that Phase II study. If he cuts costs, the stock doubles right away. GL
    Corbu, bungaboy, sidhuk and 14 others like this.
    04-10-15 10:51 AM
    I don't remember seing this one before. Apologies if already posted:

04-10-15 10:56 AM
113,250 ... 33193320332133223323 ...