View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What's really funny is that there are a ton of posters here a on Crackberry that are constantly complaining about not being able to get Instagram and Snapchat on BlackBerry 10, which is of course not true, with work arounds. And then most people end up deleting it anyway with in 90 days.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 10:43 AM
    Blackberry is lingering around 9.30-9.45. Boring. Can we see a 2% spike this afternoon? I'd like to see a 9.44 close.

OT: HALO.

With the P3 news, wondering who thinks the $14-16 channel and 70 RSI will remain the cycle top indicators....or will we break above $16 and go over 70?
    04-08-15 10:54 AM
    Apple Inc sales chief urging retail staff to prevent lineups for Apple Watch launch | Financial Post

they dont want lines because the know there wont be any for the IWatch. So instead of being embarrassed with no line-up they are making it seem like they are doing this for the consumer so they dont have to wait in line. Bunch of BS if you ask me , this goes hand in hand with them saying they wont break out IWatch sales in there ER reports. They know this thing wont sell that well
    04-08-15 12:15 PM
    Apple Inc sales chief urging retail staff to prevent lineups for Apple Watch launch | Financial Post

they dont want lines because the know there wont be any for the IWatch. So instead of being embarrassed with no line-up they are making it seem like they are doing this for the consumer so they dont have to wait in line. Bunch of BS if you ask me , this goes hand in hand with them saying they wont break out IWatch sales in there ER reports. They know this thing wont sell that well
    Agreed. Just making it as a me-too. This signals a change in tides, imo.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, 3MIKE and zyben like this.
    04-08-15 12:38 PM
    It'll be the Swatch all over again. Marketing will convince a few week minded people initially, but before long you won't be able to give them away and the few people that were dumb enough to initially have bought one will be to embarrassed to wear it.

Posted via CB10
    kfh227 and zyben like this.
    04-08-15 12:46 PM
    BBRY is still trading within the anticipated channel on lower than usual volume. Barring any major news, I'm not expecting any major swings here. I'm still looking to break out of first resistance at mid-$9s. The MACD has crossed over but we need to build on the upward momentum if we're to break through. The overall market weakness today is not helping. Personally, I'd say the goal today is to close even at $9.32. We're approaching 3pm. Let's see what the power hour brings.
    3MIKE, Andy_bb_king and Greened like this.
    04-08-15 01:50 PM
    Don't know if its been posted! If posted sorry!
    Anyone know what unclassified email system the white house is using?
    Yesterdays news.
    Report: U.S. officials say Russians hacked White House - Fortune

Edited with video

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/07/po...l?eref=edition
    Last edited by bbjdog; 04-08-15 at 02:26 PM.
    La Emperor, sidhuk, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    04-08-15 02:13 PM
    We need a leak about 'Gladiator'.

Or ....anything.
    04-08-15 05:03 PM
    It'll be the Swatch all over again. Marketing will convince a few week minded people initially, but before long you won't be able to give them away and the few people that were dumb enough to initially have bought one will be to embarrassed to wear it.

Posted via CB10
    Would like to see your predicted end result come to fruition. It would be gratifying to see the mighty Apple drop rotten fruit..... but we are talking about Apple owners who would buy an Apple emblazoned turd if they produce it.
    Now they have a product that needs to be purchased at full price without carrier subsidy and a steadily increasing price point with customization. Apple will probably make more money off the straps alone, than the watch. You can't tell me that any woman that owns one will be happy with only one strap. Ex: shoes.

It's not going to fly off the shelves like the phones, but those who buy it are going to create demand from other Apple owners who don't have one . I think the women and the fem-man won't be able to resist.

I doubt that the hype sales, that all the analysts predict, will happen.
    More than likely, the Apple watch will sell well, and gain traction as the year goes on and it's exposure and visibility during the summer will help it gain acceptance and we will never hear the end of "Apple is so innovative !" from the pundits.
    I really hope you are right, though.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, bungaboy and georg4BB like this.
    04-08-15 05:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey man .... don't dis the Swatch ... I have a pretty good looking quality Swatch. It even tells time and date more than a month on a single battery

Heck I can even use a Sony SmartWatch 2 and get a weeks worth of battery life vs that Apple watch. $1000 for 1 day battery life ... estimated, man, estimated!!! From who?

Something on topic:

BlackBerry Software Support Life Cycle - Official Chart

BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10.0 server software
    End of Sales Date: December 31, 2013
    End of Support Date: May 31, 2015

BES10 EMM Standard for BlackBerry v10.0 - Perpetual CAL
    End of Sales Date: May 31, 2014

BES10 EMM Standard for iOS and Android v10.0 - Perpetual CAL
    End of Sales Date: May 31, 2014

BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10.1 server software
    End of Sales Date: November 16th, 2014

BlackBerry Traffic
    End of Sales Date: March 27, 2015
    End of Support Date: March 27, 2015
    * There is nothing on this site that determines if this is for BBOS only or BB10 devices ... which is perplexing while at the same time opens up the way for quite a few third party solutions that have shown up lately for this specific field of interest.

Either way ... looks like the month of May, my Birthday month, is going to be pretty warm and looking very nice this Canada season (BBRY:TSE) I think I'll purchase another 10 shares now ... another 100 in 2wks.

I may just personally buy myself one of these for my birthday if the move goes well.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-secusuite-blackberry-10_2015.png
    04-08-15 08:23 PM
    OT:
    Apple marketing machine in full force today, in the WSJ:
    Apple Watch Review: The Smartwatch Finally Makes Sense - WSJ

What the Apple Watch Does Best: Make You Look Good
    Apple isn�t just selling some wrist-worn computer, it�s selling good looks and coolness, too
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-wa...ightTopStories
    When the WSJ tells you what's cool you know it isn't.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 09:44 PM
    Time for the Weekly Reminder....

[warn]Topic of this thread is I support BBRY and I buy shares !. Please keep it on topic. [/warn]

Thank you.
    rarsen, Elite1, CDM76 and 5 others like this.
    04-09-15 06:57 AM
    "I used to spend time there trying answer questions and engage in friendly discussion. Now, unless I'm bored I don't go on there. Sad really"
    "People are tired of reading negative hit that in their hearts they know makes little sense or relevance, yet are not that technical to debate it."
    "It's pure tr hauling 101. They post outlandish, false or irrelevant facts then wait for people to get prissy and push t:he post count up and keep a negative titled thread at the top. Seriously F d up $it"

Above quotes from a long term CB and blackberry supporter friend of mine when discussing CB this morning.

And that is the reason, not coming here as much as Use to.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    04-09-15 09:08 AM
    "I used to spend time there trying answer questions and engage in friendly discussion. Now, unless I'm bored I don't go on there. Sad really"
    "People are tired of reading negative hit that in their hearts they know makes little sense or relevance, yet are not that technical to debate it."
    "It's pure tr hauling 101. They post outlandish, false or irrelevant facts then wait for people to get prissy and push t:he post count up and keep a negative titled thread at the top. Seriously F d up $it"

Above quotes from a long term CB and blackberry supporter friend of mine when discussing CB this morning.

And that is the reason, not coming here as much as Use to.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    Just look at the lack of posting by the regular contributors.

Trawl infestation it seems.

I do appreciate the efforts of some of the Mod Squad.
    04-09-15 09:12 AM
    Just look at the lack of posting by the regular contributors.

Trawl infestation it seems.

I do appreciate the efforts of some of the Mod Squad.
    I don't understand why so many people come to these fan forums to hate on BlackBerry! It can't all be just for pushing down stock price. Can it? It seems like there is not just dislike for BlackBerry but real hate. In their hate, they take the time and effort to find these forums and spew venom.

I don't prefer iPhone or Android. So, I don't use them (except when necessary as secondary device). In any case, I don't go on their forums to hate on em. So, why do BlackBerry haters come to our forums is beyond my understanding!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 09:18 AM
    Good morning gang! I see some really good articles in the news and loads of information being pushed out by BlackBerry. Makes reading over a nice breakfast a pleasant experience. I'm still really excited about what's coming out in a few months and the upcoming devices, even though the Leap is just making its debut. Well, I wish everyone a productive day!

Posted via Passport
    04-09-15 09:42 AM
    From the Related Technologies general files:

?'Not a crash, even if it looks like one': IT spending will fall by $48bn this year | ZDNet
    Gartner says IT spending is chugging along relatively smoothly, with the main reason for the new numbers being the US dollar's rapid ascent. Removing the effect of exchange rate movements, Lovelock said IT spending growth at constant currency rates would be 3.1 percent for 2015. While enterprise software will grow to $320bn, up 2.3 percent year on year, Gartner has still cut its growth estimate due in particular to shift towards subscription-based offerings such as Office 365, where spending is reflected over the life of a subscription.
    04-09-15 10:15 AM
    Long article, but this is all I cared to see.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile...otorola-google

BlackBerry Passport

�I didn�t want to like this handset. I had A LOT of preconceptions about the way it looked, switching back to a physical keyboard, and having to use BB10 for a week or more for the purpose of this review. Like a lot of people, I�d made my mind up about the Passport without even using it �� and this was wrong.

�The battery is excellent, ditto call quality, and there�s more than enough power inside to ensure everything operates in a silky smooth manner. I really enjoyed the improvements BlackBerry has made to the camera, and the screen, as we�ve already established, is just marvellous. The only real issue BlackBerry has on its hands is the BB10 ecosystem � it pales in comparison to Android and iOS. The ability to sideload Android applications is a HUGE USP for the platform, but I fear the benefit might be lost on some users, as it�s still a rather fiddly process and good results are not guaranteed.� * *

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 10:55 AM
    Ho men!

Been busy lately, but just wanted to drop in and deliver some upbeat news:

Improved short interest is nice to see. Perhaps the rise is partially a reflection on shorters moving on.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150409_083058_edit.png

I'm receiving a small update to .1865 as I write this.

Prost!
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150409_090702_edit.png  
    04-09-15 11:22 AM
    Good little pick up today crossing 9.50. I'm betting it closes at 9.50 tomorrow so I don't expect much more this week.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-09-15 12:01 PM
    04-09-15 12:51 PM
    OT. Leap now listed on the shopblackberry.com site as "in stock" but unable to add to cart. $349 Cdn

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 01:28 PM
    Thought I would take time out from rebuilding my PC to post a chart on BBRY:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-april-9-2015.png

We are back to a bullish stance here, the stock has been above its 3-ema all week, there is a bottom in at RSI = 30 and we have an uptrend line. In addition, we are above the center line on the Bollinger Bands and everything points to a rally to the 50-dma and the top of the bands. That's the start here, we are doing this while the DOW Jones sits there and tries to hold onto its 50-dma. Not bad.
    04-09-15 01:34 PM
    Welcome back Morgan.

#BBFactCheck
    04-09-15 02:38 PM
    Read the comments on that article on the CB homepage. Lots of Africans chiming in. Seems BlackBerry is again fighting the low cost, commoditized Android world and the loss of the stickiness of BIS on BB10 in that region. Can't make money and win against a commodity that is "good enough."

If anything Africa is where Movirtu should help BlackBerry retain customers assuming BlackBerry doesn't kill some of Movirtu's software portfolio. Prior to BlackBerry purchasing Movirtu, Movirtu had a web-based software virtual SIM. If you didn't have a phone, you could borrow anyone's phone, navigate to a website, login and the phone becomes associated with your phone plan. When done, you undo the temporary association and return the phone back to the status/settings before you borrowed it. At least that's how I understood how it worked. That's the kind of sticky service that can offset the loss of BIS revenue. That and making BBM a paid service to replace SMS. I thought I read somewhere that BlackBerry was willing to partner with carriers to do that on a revenue share basis, so it was no cost to the carrier.
    04-09-15 03:36 PM
113,256 ... 33183319332033213322 ...