702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Love long weekends...and coffee...oh, and beer...Craft beer
    04-04-15 08:50 AM
    Love long weekends...and coffee...oh, and beer...Craft beer
    And . . . Draught beer!
    04-04-15 08:53 AM
    We have guests from the Ukraine staying with us. They are delightful people. Boy can they drink.!!! A little rough this AM.

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    04-04-15 11:22 AM
    We have guests from the Ukraine staying with us. They are delightful people. Boy can they drink.!!! A little rough this AM.

Dai Bozhe!!

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-04-15 01:00 PM
    Dai Bozhe!!

Classically Posted.
    Fantastic peeps Shane. It's a first for us!

bungaboy, Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    04-04-15 01:45 PM
    Chrys,

You are indeed a die-hard and truly devoted BlackBerry supporter. It really is a breath of fresh air seeing you here and reading your posts (and often reading what you're really trying to say). I know you've lost some serious cash before and you're being extremely cautious today, and that is expected and revered. Not that it matters much, but I'm also an investor and am struggling with this stock. That being said, I highly doubt anybody here is in total control with how they feel about their BBRY investment at any level until we see another few ERs at the least. The old motto stands true my long time friend....invest, but enjoy the investment...talk with us and vent with us...just don't put yourself out there too far until we get these damn analysts off our backs. Lol. I understand your excitement with this brand and products..i am myself a devoted religiously devoted BlackBerry supporter and KNOW for a fact the software portion is going to cannon ball this company into the next melinnium. How long will this take??? Maybe several years... so, think about going slow as the company grows again and investing slowly as you and your family can afford. BlackBerry is not going to go from 9 to 100 overnight. You have time my friend. Please enjoy the weekend and if you ever need to reach out and vent or ask a question, nobody will ignore you. There are some really really smart people on this thread and ALL of them will answer any questions you may have. That's why I love this place and those that support BlackBerry.

Posted via Passport
    Thanks, Lenny! I didn't mean to sound pessimistic or down. I was just thinking aloud that if BlackBerry were to stop making devices, it'd be loss of my most beloved tool! I meant to say, forget investment and just generally speaking, even if I didn't own any shares and stock didn't matter to me; I can't think of a good replacement for BlackBerry.

Other than that, I am already over the stock price hit we took post-earning. It'd recover again as it has. And one of these times, it'd recover for good!

Ps: traveling to Utah! May not be as active on board for next couple of months.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 04:29 PM
    If you love your BlackBerry you need to separate that from your investment. Too often we see those who are invested in BBRY get down and depressed about their BlackBerry devices when the share price falters.

If you love your BlackBerry device then separate that from your investment in BBRY. BBRY is just another means of making money and treat it as such.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.2708 | Bell | via CB10
    True. 100% true.
    But in my particular case - I don't invest in stocks as such. I only follow companies whose products I really like. Eg: BlackBerry, Tesla.

If I get a tip on biotech stock from this board (eg: HALO tip from Morgan), I look into it. But mainly for me investment in BlackBerry and my liking of BlackBerry are inter-related. They shouldn't be (I agree with you) but they are!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, bungaboy, leejayh and 3 others like this.
    04-04-15 04:31 PM
    So I received an email today from a family from Red Deer that stayed with us over Christmas. Family reunion with relatives from all over Canada.

The father has a photography business in Red Deer and the whole family is 100% Apple. We ended up getting into a somewhat heated discussion about BlackBerry and their new mobiles. Of course the usual arguments ensued about BlackBerry being dead, no apps yada yada. So I did my part to show clear differences from all the iPhones at the table. LED notifications, HUB, RFA...blah blah blah. For each point it seemed they thought Apple had these features...well obviously they don't but it got Kent (father) thinking.

The email I received was to inform me he changed to a Passport. I have been helping Kent with setting up features on his new mobile. He is thoroughly impressed with what the phone can do, coming from an iPhone 4.

So in less than a week I have converted two people to BlackBerry.

Happy Easter...
    04-04-15 06:22 PM
    Have a read here gentlemen...don't think it's been posted yet:
    http://www.charliehiphop.com/node/887

Classically Posted.
    04-04-15 07:06 PM
    Generally not fan boy of indiscriminate drive by blog stuff, most is less than well thought out or original in nature...but this fellow nailed it. Thanks to Jim Courtney for sharing.

Classically Posted.
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 04-04-15 at 08:03 PM.
    CDM76, Korepab, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    04-04-15 07:49 PM
    Time to Take off the Gloves, BlackBerry! | CharlieHipHop

Classically Posted.
    Talk about being all fired up! One line in particular that I found absolutely relevant was the following:

" A lot of people want them [BlackBerry] but don't know it thanks to the constant lies and misinformation from every direction."
    04-04-15 08:26 PM
    So I received an email today from a family from Red Deer that stayed with us over Christmas. Family reunion with relatives from all over Canada.

The father has a photography business in Red Deer and the whole family is 100% Apple. We ended up getting into a somewhat heated discussion about BlackBerry and their new mobiles. Of course the usual arguments ensued about BlackBerry being dead, no apps yada yada. So I did my part to show clear differences from all the iPhones at the table. LED notifications, HUB, RFA...blah blah blah. For each point it seemed they thought Apple had these features...well obviously they don't but it got Kent (father) thinking.

The email I received was to inform me he changed to a Passport. I have been helping Kent with setting up features on his new mobile. He is thoroughly impressed with what the phone can do, coming from an iPhone 4.

So in less than a week I have converted two people to BlackBerry.

Happy Easter...
    You should ask BlackBerry your sales cut for that ;-D

Word of mouth is the best !
    04-04-15 09:04 PM
    You should ask BlackBerry your sales cut for that ;-D

Word of mouth is the best !
    Thanks Mike. When folks actually spend the time to look at what BlackBerry has to offer I think it's an easy choice and can fit a lot of users needs. I doubt his children will switch but you never know. Just doing my part that's all. Cheers. Ben

04-04-15 09:23 PM
    Another great read for those of you that are fluent in German. Google Translate produces an "ok" English version...

"How secure is BlackBerry 10 OS?"
    BB10 im Security-Check: Wie sicher ist BlackBerry 10 OS? - computerwoche.de

Source + more info:
    https://bb10qnx.de/2015/04/blackberr...ecurity-check/
    04-05-15 07:04 AM
    OT reading from the Related Technologies and Security general files:

Wall Street and Silicon Valley Form an Uneasy Alliance
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/02/bu...ance.html?_r=0
    04-05-15 07:05 AM
    Time to Take off the Gloves, BlackBerry! | CharlieHipHop

Classically Posted.
    ". . . zit-faced moron shop boys who sneeringly steer people toward Android and Apple . . . "
    04-05-15 07:18 AM
    Dinner party last night group of 10.

7 iphones, 1 android, 2 Passports!

People know I'm a blackberry guy, but the other guy said he wouldn't know what to do if they stopped making the passport, he was raving about it. Two people raving about a phone goes a lot further than one. My story is I can get things done twice as fast on a passport, and I have no issue, and often find myself, banging out long work emails even with a laptop sitting right beside me.

This is downtown Toronto so it wasn't too surprising to have a couple of blackberry phones in the mix, but it was the first time someone else had a passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 09:20 AM
    Gf just asked if BlackBerry has a "new version of your phone coming out soon". I have a Z30. She is looking to switch from iPhone 5c but wants something new.

If BlackBerry wants to convert ppl from all touch iPhone and Android then they are going to need to keep at least one all touch in the lineup. And no I'm not going to let her buy the Leap, current Z30 is better looking, cheaper, and has same/better specs.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 04-05-15 at 06:00 PM.
    04-05-15 09:26 AM
    Same deal here. Employee of mine has iphone 4. Wants a new phone, but not a huge iphone 6

Z10 size is perfect, updated z10 and z30 would ne nice to go along with the awesome passport and classic.

Updated z10 and z30 I would think would be quite easy.
    More ram, bigger battery and better cameras are all the zed's really need.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 09:48 AM
    The slider should be available as a full screen variant. I don't know why bbry is doing this.

Actually, the answer is probably a desire to dominate the qwerty market .

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 10:15 AM
    The slider should be available as a full screen variant. I don't know why bbry is doing this.

Actually, the answer is probably a desire to dominate the qwerty market .

Posted via CB10
    I want the slider. If don't right, it'd be:
    1. Eye catching (like Passport) specially white color variant with dual edge display. Nobody would confuse it for an Android or an old BlackBerry 7 Era device.
    2. Everything for everyone. Both full touch and qwerty folks (like myself) can have their needs met

Personally I want bigger screen and awesome qwerty. Passport is a bit difficult to use one-handed. So, Slider it is going to be for me.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-05-15 01:18 PM
    I want the slider. If don't right, it'd be:
    1. Eye catching (like Passport) specially white color variant with dual edge display. Nobody would confuse it for an Android or an old BlackBerry 7 Era device.
    2. Everything for everyone. Both full touch and qwerty folks (like myself) can have their needs met

Personally I want bigger screen and awesome qwerty. Passport is a bit difficult to use one-handed. So, Slider it is going to be for me.

Posted via CB10
    I plan to get the slider. But I am already a BlackBerry user. As the two most popular phones out there (iPhone and Galaxy series) are both all touch BlackBerry really should have decent all touch that is current and updated. If iPhone or Samsung users are used to all touch, that's what they are (more often than not) going to be used to and want to stay with..... yes even in the enterprise market and BYOD market.

I understand that BlackBerry doesn't want to directly target iPhone and Android users.... but the reality is that those are the devices they are up against. If people like their all touch it doesn't matter how great the passport is, or the slider or even the classic. Without a decent all touch some people simply will refuse to try BlackBerry. And I feel that number is massive.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 04-05-15 at 06:05 PM.
    04-05-15 01:49 PM
    You know what I would really want............ Blackberry donut!
    3MIKE likes this.
    04-05-15 04:01 PM
    You know what I would really want............ Blackberry donut!
    Sooo.... there's at least one cop in this group lol

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, zyben and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    04-05-15 06:01 PM
    Sooo.... there's at least one cop in this group lol

Posted via CB10
    That's right! First thing first, my stomach. Lol
    Thanks for the laugh!
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-05-15 06:59 PM
113,256 ... 33153316331733183319 ...