View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The recent spike in Poet SP was due to an announcement with BAE to do fab on 3" wafers with the goal of moving to 6" wafers. I've been following Poet since '12. Highly speculative .

I'm also studying for my first of three financial exams. So I'm keeping my head down and just following the thread.

I sold a partial stake of my Poet play yesterday and used some of the proceeds to average down my BB.to SP and increase my holding by 20%.

Now I just need to watch the RSI for the next 6 weeks!

GLTA

BB10 4 ME
    04-01-15 08:36 AM
    04-01-15 08:37 AM
    The zdnet review was about as good as you can ask for. It misses some points like Blend and SNAP for Google Play downloads, but overall it didn't get slammed. It said: BB10 is a great OS; hub rocks; if you're big on email and getting stuff done, and not playing games, and like a physical keyboard, this is IT. That will resonate with business folks and 9900 folks. Let's hope they stay with the physical keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, lcjr, Mr BBRY and 6 others like this.
    04-01-15 08:49 AM
    G'day Gang!

Nice to see BBRY holding up so far during another down day for the market. It looks like that trend reversal is holding up... unless it is just the market playing an April Fool's joke on us.
    lcjr, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-01-15 08:52 AM
    04-01-15 08:52 AM
    http://agoracom.com/ir/POETTechnolog...essage_2007132

There you go. There is another msg board but it really is just pumper and dumpers yelling at each other with a few sane ppl. That one I linked seems a bit more level headed
    Is the other one at Stockhouse?

Posted with X10 via CB10
    04-01-15 09:19 AM
    The zdnet review was about as good as you can ask for. It misses some points like Blend and SNAP for Google Play downloads, but overall it didn't get slammed. It said: BB10 is a great OS; hub rocks; if you're big on email and getting stuff done, and not playing games, and like a physical keyboard, this is IT. That will resonate with business folks and 9900 folks. Let's hope they stay with the physical keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    Right on, Spiller. Even though BlackBerry should just give up on hardware I gotta say, I'm loving my Classic even after coming from the Passport. Without going into an OT detailed review, and contrary to many other OS10 user opinions, having the toolbelt back is the best thing BlackBerry could have done! This device is my perfection... although a little more horsepower and better camera couldn't hurt!
    04-01-15 09:23 AM
    I'm not buying this "devices don't matter" BS. This means that Chen and company have to learn how to market and advertise. Spend some of that cash and be brave enough to lose money. These engineered quarters of "breakeven" don't impress me.
    Posted via CB10
    Your clear thinking and perception are a breath of fresh air. Absolutely right.
    Posted via CB10
    Did you both forget how it turned out last time ?
    They don't have to "impress" you. They have to kill forever the "BBRY is dead; never invest into a dying company's products".
    THAT, given where we come from will impress (already does, should I mention).
    There's no chance they will throw $bilions "in case it may succeed, worth it".

"Devices don't matter" are not BlackBerry words BTW. More likely : "devices have to be profitable". And you get the second part of your response; they roadmap (niche-like) devices they know they can sell at a monitored pace (no inventory) and growing margins. Take the money, show the end-to-end added value for enterprises, let users (re-) discover what a BlackBerry is.

No magic wound. Methodic, monolithic and rigourous strategy.
    I can feel and somehow understand your frustrations, still, we have to deal with that.
    I don't expect any surprise on the device roadmap front (I mean BlackBerry branded devices) furthermore, unless drastic changes in software revenues, I don't want it. For now.
    04-01-15 10:43 AM
    Guys, I'm out.

Sold my position yesterday.

Sick and tired of the hating, trashing and trolling.

Take care and good luck!
    must be April fool
    04-01-15 10:49 AM
    I swear I didn't scroll before my previous answer !!!
    sidhuk, awindsr, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    04-01-15 10:50 AM
    Right on, Spiller. Even though BlackBerry should just give up on hardware I gotta say, I'm loving my Classic even after coming from the Passport. Without going into an OT detailed review, and contrary to many other OS10 user opinions, having the toolbelt back is the best thing BlackBerry could have done! This device is my perfection... although a little more horsepower and better camera couldn't hurt!
    I'm tempted to try out the Classic....but I don't think I can leave the huge Passport screen with killer PPI. If I get a chance to try one out I will...just can't buy one....I'm sure I'll be getting the slider.
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, zyben and 1 others like this.
    04-01-15 10:50 AM
    Some trivia!

Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY):

BlackBerry (BBRY) ? Research Analysts? Recent Ratings Updates - The Legacy
    Seems to me that if one fails at being a weather forecaster he/she could simply enter the stock analysis profession.

Kudos to anyone who grabbed the stock at that nasty dip. I missed it this time around, but speaking of poor stock analysts, I have a feeling that history will re occur to allow some of us to capitalize....
    zyben, Mr BBRY, gvs1341 and 1 others like this.
    04-01-15 10:52 AM
    They don't have to "impress" you. They have to kill forever the "BBRY is dead; never invest into a dying company's products".

"Devices don't matter" are not BlackBerry words BTW. More likely : "devices have to be profitable". And you get the second part of your response; they roadmap (niche-like) devices they know they can sell at a monitored pace (no inventory) and growing margins. Take the money, show the end-to-end added value for enterprises, let users (re-) discover what a BlackBerry is.

I can feel and somehow understand your frustrations, still, we have to deal with that.
    I don't expect any surprise on the device roadmap front (I mean BlackBerry branded devices) furthermore, unless drastic changes in software revenues, I don't want it. For now.
    Yes...but they need to increase Market share and show it has bottomed. To me that is more important than some margin. Q/Q decreasing unit sales and market share signals we are eventually going to ZERO and then there will be no support (true not not, that is the perception). If they can move sales back up to 1.5, then 1.7 then stable around 2M per quarter, it will be ok. If Q1 is less than 1.3M (I personally think it will be around 1M) then hardware revenue might be close to even Q/Q because of higher ASP....but the downtrend on market share will remain.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-15 10:54 AM
    "set it and forget it".
    Ok. Will keep this.
    Only monitoring €/$ parity.
    Under 1:1 and a decent SP (+/- USD10) i'm in the 25%+ profit range ... tempting.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    04-01-15 10:59 AM
    Yes...but they need to increase Market share
    That's where the reasoning stops for me.
    They don't need it. They need that every device sold is money in shareholders' pocket and to invest with.
    Still I agree they have to stabilize at a reasonable level and the 1.5mil+ range seems pretty fair to me and can't be anything but positive.
    primusd, awindsr, zyben and 4 others like this.
    04-01-15 11:03 AM

Yes...but they need to increase Market share and show it has bottomed. To me that is more important than some margin. Q/Q decreasing unit sales and market share signals we are eventually going to ZERO and then there will be no support (true not not, that is the perception). If they can move sales back up to 1.5, then 1.7 then stable around 2M per quarter, it will be ok. If Q1 is less than 1.3M (I personally think it will be around 1M) then hardware revenue might be close to even Q/Q because of higher ASP....but the downtrend on market share will remain.
    My sense is these issues are not unrelated -- market share doesn't increase unless they destroy the idea in both primarily business but also consumer minds that 'BBRY is dead'. This only happens with the slow, sustained, transition that Chen (& co.) claim to be part way through (I think there's some core threshold on hw sales they won't go below, thus as long as they keep making $ on each unit sold, hardware lives)... or, through some deep-pocketed strategic partnership (Samsung/IBM) that basically sends the signal 'we have no intention of letting BBRY die off'
    04-01-15 11:05 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    04-01-15 11:11 AM
    BBRY just grinded its way back up to $9.10 when all of a sudden, big volume on the sell side brought it back down to $8.95 in mere minutes. Upwards momentum appears to be resuming on the buy side though as bid volume is exceeding ask volume. I could see BBRY closing above $9 today but a lot will depend on the last 15 minutes of the trading day and whether the big volume movers are bulls or bears.
    04-01-15 11:29 AM

Apart from the silly name-calling (which I'm not attributing to you), I think it's possible for us to disagree on BlackBerry's strategy in this particular without either of us being trolls or goblins or orcs or even orcas. I think you are probably right in saying that BlackBerry won't spend much money on marketing/advertising devices. I've said the same. The difference of opinion is obviously concerning whether this is a good idea. I have criticised it not because I want BlackBerry to waste money, but because I actually think they are going to lose themselves money with this approach. I think it would be highly wasteful for them to commence an all out advertising blitz using all available mediums, but I think the other extreme, which is what they are doing, is the second worst option. They've already lost almost all presence in shops, so they need to at least help people to be aware that their wares are in existence - again, not billions and billions in ads, but at least some targeted ads in key areas so that the average person has a chance to know that these new devices have been released. Even a small handful of highly visible billboards in high traffic areas of key cities would be infinitely better than nothing. That's all I'm saying, not that they should be utterly reckless.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 11:32 AM
    Ok guys, the spike you have seen just now in the chart was due to a Chinese article saying Blackberry will let Huawei run its business in China.

http://jujiaoba.com/technology/201504/26300.html

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, CDM76, kadakn01 and 4 others like this.
    04-01-15 11:48 AM
    Yeah, it's allways frustrating, knowing how good the devices actually are while the market share is shrinking and SP is tanking.
    On the other hand, one just need to realize, how expensive advertising campaigns actually are to see, it is simply not possible right now.

Therefore innovative devices need to speak for themself - in an awful slow manner. But someone, who sees the Passport the first time will be puzzled. A second time somewhere else, he will be courious. And after a third time he will make some researches.

I think we can see the device roadmap exactly this way. There a affordable fleet phones, designed for the enterprise customers, which can be sold with minimal effort.
    And then we have the 'surprise' phones (for me the Passport and the Slider are absolutely surprises) which may create attention again, and bind the crazy fan base (Just missing a high end alltouch in the mix - I was surprised not to see one on the roadmap).
    Mr BBRY, Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    04-01-15 11:50 AM
    Ok guys, the spike you have seen just now in the chart was due to a Chinese article saying Blackberry will let Huawei run its business in China.

????????????? ?????? - ???

Posted via CB10
    Would be nice if i could read that article lol
    04-01-15 11:58 AM

????????????? ?????? - ???

Posted via CB10
    Google Translate
    Huawei's acquisition of Blackberry China settled? Let Lenovo very sad
    Author: Anonymous Published: 2015-04-01 19:58:33

Huawei in the acquisition of Nokia's road difficulties, Forbes previously reported acquisition of the BlackBerry Huawei as "daydreaming."

Blackberry this amazing company, has changed hands several times came, and now finally the dust settles, according to foreign media reports, Huawei complete assessment of the BlackBerry, the BlackBerry will also allow the Chinese market to Huawei.

Why Huawei acquisition blackberry and only Chinese business it acquired?

First, Huawei's acquisition of blackberry can reinforcing capability on a mobile OS, the current mainstream mobile terminal operating system, Apple, Android and Microsoft third of the world, but in the end the three mobile operating systems dominate the situation, the localization of the urgent need a self-controlled mobile OS system, especially in the government and enterprise markets, Snowden events have proved, Apple, Android, Microsoft is unlikely to become mainstream government-level market, and BlackBerry can make us join precisely not the core of the operating system embarrassment.

Second, Huawei's hardware and software integration requires the acquisition of blackberry imperative. When the connection into strategic since Huawei, has been emphasizing the machine and the machine connection, and hardware and software integration is also the focus of Huawei's strategy. When the case of the personal level of competition in the market tends to saturation, the siege of enterprise-level city is a good choice to break out, but Huawei BYOD security solutions, the only thing missing is the operating system of this layer, although Huawei has its own separate EMUI ROM, but still can not get rid of the shadow of Android, such as the operating system is difficult to become the product of choice for business and government, and in the government procurement list last year, only Ali cloud OS mobile terminal operating system of government procurement list of finalists in the apple growing Fade government procurement market, to localization OS bring more opportunities, Huawei cut this time, you can achieve the integration of hardware and software solutions on mobile terminals, operating systems, BYOD solutions for enterprise and government markets undoubtedly is on the last election.

Third, Huawei's acquisition of blackberry just have a more significant complementary strengths, at least be able to help to enter the Chinese market, the BlackBerry, but also can help to Huawei, especially in the field of enterprise mobile security BlackBerry or originator in the enterprise market and technology have their own natural advantages Huawei has accumulated which is needed. In addition, the BlackBerry service in the Chinese market shrinking year by year, so its better to let the Chinese market directly, so that you can get a decent income every year, also can make use of Huawei's forces regained the enterprise market position in China.

Fourth, there are a lot of people might be wondering how to offer both sides of the audit by the Government of Canada, as well as obtaining the consent of the US government. The acquisition will allow Huawei to become the most powerful BlackBerry foot stone tied, because there are a large number of BlackBerry customers, both among governments in both countries, the best "spokesperson" is the US President Barack Obama. But apparently knew this truth BlackBerry, select the transfer Chinese market, core technology and business operations by Huawei, so both sides can be very good to bypass obstacles. Also allows both sides to maximize returns.

Huawei's acquisition of blackberry most injured than Lenovo, because Lenovo smart terminal equipment in the government and enterprise market has been a single large, Huawei's spoiler is likely to break the inherent association status, if Huawei can move the software and hardware integration solutions play to the extreme, then the association only in the toilet crying halo envy.
    04-01-15 12:03 PM
    The article has 4 key points FYI. However I cannot verify the reliability of the article.

1. ios, Android and Windows are just not reliable. A more reliable OS is needed for the government and enterprise market in China.
    2. Huawei already has its BYOD solution ready. However, as its current OS EMUI ROM is based on Android, Huawei finds it hard to sell this solution to government and enterprise customers.
    3. Huawei and Blackberry can complement each other. Blackberry can enter the China market, while Huawei can learn from Blackberry as Blackberry has vast experience in the enterprise market and mobile security.
    4. As this is not a takeover, no approval is needed from the Canadian gov or the US gov.

The article also said Lenovo will be the biggest loser of this partnership.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal, lech31, sidhuk and 9 others like this.
    04-01-15 12:19 PM
    The article has 4 key points FYI. However I cannot verify the reliability of the article.

1. ios, Android and Windows are just not reliable. A more reliable OS is needed for the government and enterprise market in China.
    I'm pretty sure the Chinese government is supportive of any platform that doesn't depend on Apple, Google, or Microsoft. This might actually be the best niche for BB10.
    La Emperor likes this.
    04-01-15 12:45 PM
113,256 ... 33093310331133123313 ...