View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think I only saw one post about IBM forming an IOT business and investing $3B. If I were them, I'd definitely have bbry on my radar to accelerate growth (especially with all of that cash on bbry's balance sheet), but I still put it at 5:1 against. What do the rest of you think? Maybe Amazon is another potential suitor at these levels?

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    Well since BlackBerry is already working with IBM and Amazon, I don't see how other partnering-up on new projects could not occur. Don't forget that BlackBerry/Samsung is now a thing, as is BlackBerry/Google, etc.

I think we are only seeing a glimpse of what BlackBerry has on their agenda. It must be hard for Chen to keep from saying more.
    So far, he has not ceased to surprise us with new announcements since he took the helm.
    We keep saying "Chen this" and "Chen that", but we all know that there is a very capable army of minds behind him.
    04-01-15 12:20 AM
    Hello guys. Been reading the POET message board and there is rumour that Apple may buy them, as the new potential CEO is an ex-Apple guy. Anyway, god forbid Apple gets to buy a Canadian chip maker and gain access to a chip that can potentially decrease power usage 90% while upping application performance by 10%. As you can see this chip tech could be incorporated in all electronics and the potential value is limitless.

This is the company that I think BB should buy, or atleast buy a fairly large controlling share in.
    Wow. Very interesting. Could you please share a link for this POET message board. Would like to look into this rumor more. Thanks in advance.
    04-01-15 12:23 AM
    Shoot guys! Only tonight left to vote. On behalf of SF, you all know what to do:
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/03...eaders-choice/

Lol. BlackBerry Passport is killing the others too!
    Heads up; you need a real email address for it to work.

When you have done your part, here is our young friend at it again:
    04-01-15 12:41 AM
    With all due respect guys (and gals?), let's drop the petty bickering and get back on track

The BES Cloud Services are now up and running. Another step forward

https://store.blackberry.com/direct/...ategories:1002

Posted via CB10

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    04-01-15 02:38 AM
    Bunga boy, you know I'm just kidding, sweetie I know how right you are...I know the big short squeeze is just around the corner. We can sit together at the $100 party. Let's forget the negativity. Everything is going absolutely according to plan - what could we possibly have to complain about? Down with the FUD!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 03:11 AM
    I'm not buying this "devices don't matter" BS. This means that Chen and company have to learn how to market and advertise. Spend some of that cash and be brave enough to lose money. These engineered quarters of "breakeven" don't impress me.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 03:58 AM
    I'm not buying this "devices don't matter" BS. This means that Chen and company have to learn how to market and advertise. Spend some of that cash and be brave enough to lose money. These engineered quarters of "breakeven" don't impress me.

Posted via CB10
    Your clear thinking and perception are a breath of fresh air. Absolutely right.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 04:06 AM
    04-01-15 06:50 AM
    Some trivia!

Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY):

◾3/31/2015 – BlackBerry had its price target raised by analysts at Scotiabank to $12.50. They now have a “sector perform” rating on the stock.
    ◾3/31/2015 – BlackBerry was given a new $12.50 price target on by analysts at BGC Financial. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
    ◾3/31/2015 – BlackBerry was upgraded by analysts at Imperial Capital to an “in-line” rating. They now have a $10.00 price target on the stock.
    ◾3/31/2015 – BlackBerry was upgraded by analysts at MKM Partners to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $10.00 price target on the stock.
    ◾3/31/2015 – BlackBerry was upgraded by analysts at Deutsche Bank to a “hold” rating. They now have a $9.00 price target on the stock.
    ◾3/30/2015 – BlackBerry was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $10.98 price target on the stock.
    ◾3/30/2015 – BlackBerry was given a new $6.00 price target on by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a “sell” rating on the stock.
    ◾3/30/2015 – BlackBerry was given a new $7.00 price target on by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have an “underweight” rating on the stock. They wrote, “BlackBerry Q4 results beat earnings estimates through better cost management and tax benefits, but fell far short on revenue as device sales continue to slow. Getting to stated targets increasingly looks like it will need to come via acquisition.”
    ◾3/30/2015 – BlackBerry was given a new $10.00 price target on by analysts at Canaccord Genuity. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
    ◾3/27/2015 – BlackBerry was given a new $10.00 price target on by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
    ◾3/27/2015 – BlackBerry was given a new $11.00 price target on by analysts at RBC Capital. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
    ◾3/27/2015 – BlackBerry was given a new $10.00 price target on by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co.. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
    ◾3/27/2015 – BlackBerry had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc.. They now have a $8.00 price target on the stock.
    ◾3/26/2015 – BlackBerry had its price target lowered by analysts at Nomura from $10.30 to $9.70. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
    ◾3/24/2015 – BlackBerry is now covered by analysts at Rosenblatt Securities. They set a “sell” rating and a $7.00 price target on the stock.
    ◾3/9/2015 – BlackBerry was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. They now have a $12.85 price target on the stock.
    ◾3/9/2015 – BlackBerry was downgraded by analysts at Goldman Sachs from a “neutral” rating to a “sell” rating. They now have a $9.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $10.00. They wrote, “challenging” phase that may fall short of expectations.”We think the success of BlackBerry’s turnaround hinges on its ability to grow its Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) software business, where competitors include Mobile Iron, Airwatch, and Good,” Jankowski wrote. “BlackBerry has set a target of $500 million in Software segment revenues for fiscal 2016(Feb), up from $250 million in fiscal 2015. We expect it to fall well short of that target and model revenues of $426 million.”Jankowski cited two reasons for the possible revenue shortfall. The first reason consists of low buying intentions for BlackBerry’s EMM solution based on conducted surveys. The second reason being the company’s target implies that it would “leapfrog” the market leaders in just one year, which is unlikely given the competitor’s “much better traction.”Finally, Jankowski forecasted below-consensus Services revenues (down 47 percent in fiscal 2016).Bottom line, Jankowski noted “significant upside” exists in Hardware revenues, but those are simply “empty calories as they are not profitable.”
    ◾3/6/2015 – BlackBerry was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $13.51 price target on the stock.
    ◾2/26/2015 – BlackBerry was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. They now have a $13.78 price target on the stock.
    ◾2/23/2015 – BlackBerry was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $12.61 price target on the stock.
    ◾2/17/2015 – BlackBerry was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. They now have a $11.44 price target on the stock.
    ◾2/17/2015 – BlackBerry had its price target raised by analysts at Cowen and Company from $9.00 to $10.00. They now have a “market perform” rating on the stock.
    ◾2/9/2015 – BlackBerry was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $11.44 price target on the stock.

BlackBerry (BBRY) ? Research Analysts? Recent Ratings Updates - The Legacy
    04-01-15 06:54 AM
    Bunga boy, you know I'm just kidding, sweetie I know how right you are...I know the big short squeeze is just around the corner. We can sit together at the $100 party. Let's forget the negativity. Everything is going absolutely according to plan - what could we possibly have to complain about? Down with the FUD!

Posted via CB10
    Now I'm confused.
    Thought you were leaving because of BlackBerrys entire incompetence related to handsets and advertising .
    Well Chen hears your concerns and has hired the best primate he could find to execute on your ideas.
    Meet Chim Panzee. BlackBerrys new marketing and advertising CEO.
    You can contact Chim with his custom BBM pin "Poo flinger".

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150401_085122_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, lcjr, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    04-01-15 07:20 AM
    Wow. Very interesting. Could you please share a link for this POET message board. Would like to look into this rumor more. Thanks in advance.
    http://agoracom.com/ir/POETTechnolog...essage_2007132

There you go. There is another msg board but it really is just pumper and dumpers yelling at each other with a few sane ppl. That one I linked seems a bit more level headed
    04-01-15 07:22 AM
    Guys, I'm out.

Sold my position yesterday.

Sick and tired of the hating, trashing and trolling.

Take care and good luck!
    lcjr, sidhuk, awindsr and 4 others like this.
    04-01-15 07:23 AM
    Guys, I'm out.

Take care and good luck!
    Who will Molly sit with at the party????

Classically Posted.
    awindsr, lcjr, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    04-01-15 07:31 AM
    Guys, I'm out.

Take care and good luck!
    We saw that. Blackberry called me first thing this morning and wanted to know what to do with your 10 shares.
    04-01-15 07:39 AM
    Bungaboy I feel what your saying. I'm currently in a red state if I sell, and I try not to sell in red as I have already lost a lot with other stocks in doing so. I got back in at 9.75 so until we get back over that I can't sell, good luck in your future investments.
    bungaboy, lcjr, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    04-01-15 07:44 AM
    Rogers launches Voice Over LTE: What it is, and how it affects you

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/03/31/ro...source=message

Can't help making a mental comparison to a fully functional cross platform BBM voice and video.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    04-01-15 07:48 AM
    Guys, I'm out.

Take care and good luck!
    April Fool's!!!

04-01-15 07:49 AM
    Who will Molly sit with at the party????

Classically Posted.
    Lol

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    04-01-15 07:50 AM
    Bungaboy I feel what your saying. I'm currently in a red state if I sell, and I try not to sell in red as I have already lost a lot with other stocks in doing so. I got back in at 9.75 so until we get back over that I can't sell, good luck in your future investments.
    Thanks Kris. It was an April Fool's joke. Sorry I didn't mean to nab you. You are one of the good guys!
    04-01-15 07:50 AM
    Thanks Kris. It was an April Fool's joke. Sorry I didn't mean to nab you. You are one of the good guys!
    Hey that was not nice of you.

#BBFactCheck
    04-01-15 07:59 AM
    04-01-15 08:01 AM
    Hey that was not nice of you.

#BBFactCheck
    I'm just joking!

#BBFactCheck
    04-01-15 08:06 AM
    Kris --

In response to your post quoted below, I also wish there could be a connection between BBRY and POETF (Poet Technologies). Here's some background:
    1. I first learned about Dr. Geoff Taylor and his work at POET in this Wired article a couple of years ago: Is Silicon Dead, or Can We Expect More From Moore?s Law? - Innovation Insights I found the trajectory of his work astonishing.
    2. CJCampbell has mentioned POET several times on this thread as a technology/company with very notable, interesting ideas.
    3. If I understand correctly, POET is developing a process that not only has conventional (electrical) digital info on a chip, but also analog data, -- and optical data(!). At the same time. Connected and interoperable on the same chip.
    4. Some risks: The company is searching for a CEO. The company still needs to achieve some key milestones. Dr. Taylor sold a big chunk of his stock within the past year (though this could be for a variety of personal reasons. He said it was not because of any doubts about the company.).
    5. Some opportunities: Dr. Taylor's work, from what I can tell, could potentially prove transformational to the future of info tech. Ajit Manocha is co-Executive Chair of the Board (has been CEO GlobalFoundries, 2nd largest chip fab in world).
    6. POET does not intend to manufacture chips. It is developing the IP for a highly promising chip development/manufacturing process. It does the "lab" part and chip foundries will do the "fab" part. Lab-to-fab. Very scalable idea, like BBRY's software and IP assets. Not unlike HALO's developing patented/patentable portfolio.
    7. POET just announced this week that it is forming a new Technology Roadmap Advisory Committee (POET Technologies Announces the Signing of a Collaboration Agreement with BAE Systems and Corporate Updates). What is stimulating a lot of buzz is that Tony Blevins is on that panel. He's been significantly involved in developing the iphone (Engineering News at NC State). This may have been the discussion forum that Kris referenced: Agoracom: Small Cap Investment - POET Technologies Inc. - Discussion Forum
    8. Peter Copetti, CEO and Exec Co-Chair of the Board, announced at an investors' meeting in London a little over a month ago that the plan is for POET to be traded on the NASDAQ by summer. Here is a video of that meeting that also includes a very clear and helpful description of the company, technologies, and roadmap:
    9. At this point, I view POET as a highly speculative investment. There are many unanswered questions and milestones yet to achieve. On the other hand, it appears that some big players may be ready to pounce.

As always, glta.

Hello guys. Been reading the POET message board and there is rumour that Apple may buy them, as the new potential CEO is an ex-Apple guy. Anyway, god forbid Apple gets to buy a Canadian chip maker and gain access to a chip that can potentially decrease power usage 90% while upping application performance by 10%. As you can see this chip tech could be incorporated in all electronics and the potential value is limitless.

This is the company that I think BB should buy, or atleast buy a fairly large controlling share in.
    Corbu, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 12 others like this.
    04-01-15 08:09 AM
    Well I started reading Twitter and saw mention of fake NFL stuff then I recalled what today is, then I recalled your post and was like "Yup he got me"
    04-01-15 08:26 AM
    04-01-15 08:36 AM
113,256 ... 33083309331033113312 ...