Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ughh! Makes me sick!

Posted via CB10
    When the trend reverse, it will hit pretty hard. But to overcome Apple does no wrong (they are master of deflection, anything that goes wrong is not their fault!), has a huge PR budget paying the media / bloggers, and huge advertising budget. The only way this iOS superiority complex is reversed is by word of mouth. Since they sold 70M iPhones last quarter, there is little against the grain word of mouth because everyone has an iPhone, uses iMessage or WhatsApp, etc. Right now, iPhone people think it is a great phone (doesn't matter if the screen breaks on the first drop), because it IS so much better than their old blackberry (BBOS), then they never tried Android, perhaps because of security concerns. Or it's too techy/geeky/customizable. They don't realize the amazing features that BB10 has that make the OS superior (without app consideration). Or the quality of the hardware (Z30, Passport).

I think the first break in this trend MIGHT be triggered by Windows 10. If it turns out to be a great OS the OS X market share might reverse, slowly breaking the 'ecosystem' of all Mac products in the household. Doubtful, because those all Apple households like the simplicity of it all, even if the feature set is not as robust or productive.

rant off. Let's fill that gap to $9.50 by EOW.
    03-31-15 12:58 PM
    I would think that Blackberry's score would be substantially higher if they limited the BlackBerry brand satisfaction to BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB, CDM76, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    03-31-15 01:09 PM
    Ughh! Makes me sick!

Posted via CB10
    Ha.

(through rotten eggs @ BM's forehead in 3,2,1...)

I actually like iPhone, mainly for the awesome 'podcast engine'.
    I don't hate Android either. I just happen to think that bb10 is supreme over-all, with the most potential.
    What other phone ships with the ability to support 2 platforms?
    I could go on.

Truth is that if something were to happen to my prized BlackBerry, I would probably go with Windows phone as the next best.

Wow! I just realized that I am really a minority! Lol.

Missed by buy in today by a fraction of a fraction.
    Let's see what fools day brings us tomorrow.
    03-31-15 01:12 PM
    I love how people compare Apple to BB.

They see Apple's final product, after YEARS in the making and of facing non-existence in the mid 90s.... and fast forward to today and you read moronic statements like why cant BB advertise like Apple.

Are you mentally disabled?

As per JC and the gang, this is supposed to be the low point for BB in terms of revenue. Did people forget that ?

And it is not just this quarter.

This turnaround plan/VISION, takes years to flourish... not months.

Apple didn't come back from the dead in just a few quarters. People seem to forget that. You think they advertised back then, during the Steve Jobs days, like they do today or in like the last few years? get f'en real.

Don't look at the final product of company ABC and say why cant it be like that.... when it took them YEARS (literally a DECADE+) to get to that point....

...and many questionable moments/years I might add where many said they shouldn't even be around... CONSTANTLY.
    bungaboy, Corbu, spike12 and 9 others like this.
    03-31-15 01:16 PM
    excuse if anyone posted...

BlackBerry is making progress despite �ugly� hardware numbers, says Cormark

March 30, 2015 By Nick Waddell

"Despite some �ugly� hardware numbers, BlackBerry (TSX:BB) is showing some encouraging signs in its move to an enterprise/software focused business model, says Cormark analyst Richard Tse.

On Friday, BlackBerry released its fourth quarter and fiscal 2015 results. In the fourth quarter, the company posted non-GAAP earnings of $0.04 on revenue of $660-million. The topline fell below Tse�s expectation of $763-million, but earnings bested his target of a loss of $0.07.

�Our focus this past year was on getting our financial house in order while creating a multiyear growth strategy and investing in our product portfolio. We now have a very good handle on our margins, and our product road maps have been well received,� said CEO John Chen. �The second half of our turnaround focuses on stabilization of revenue with sustainable profitability and cash generation.�

Tse says despite the fact that the numbers were mixed for BlackBerry in the fourth quarter, he thinks the important metrics he is watching, such as earnings, cash flow and software revenue, were all positive. He says the company�s goal of a $500-million software revenue target is off to �a reasonable start�. Hardware numbers, he says, are not a big part of his investment thesis that the company has a credible opportunity in the enterprise space.

�We were encouraged with the 24% sequential increase in software revenue to $67 MM during the quarter via expansions and net new customer wins,� said Tse. �And with only a small portion of its existing enterprise subs having converted to BES12, this continues to be the opportunity�.

In a research update to clients today, Tse maintained his �Buy (Speculative) rating and (U.S.) $14.00 one year target on BlackBerry. "
    03-31-15 01:19 PM
    excuse if anyone posted...

BlackBerry is making progress despite “ugly” hardware numbers, says Cormark

March 30, 2015 By Nick Waddell

"Despite some “ugly” hardware numbers, BlackBerry (TSX:BB) is showing some encouraging signs in its move to an enterprise/software focused business model, says Cormark analyst Richard Tse.

On Friday, BlackBerry released its fourth quarter and fiscal 2015 results. In the fourth quarter, the company posted non-GAAP earnings of $0.04 on revenue of $660-million. The topline fell below Tse’s expectation of $763-million, but earnings bested his target of a loss of $0.07.

“Our focus this past year was on getting our financial house in order while creating a multiyear growth strategy and investing in our product portfolio. We now have a very good handle on our margins, and our product road maps have been well received,” said CEO John Chen. “The second half of our turnaround focuses on stabilization of revenue with sustainable profitability and cash generation.”

Tse says despite the fact that the numbers were mixed for BlackBerry in the fourth quarter, he thinks the important metrics he is watching, such as earnings, cash flow and software revenue, were all positive. He says the company’s goal of a $500-million software revenue target is off to “a reasonable start”. Hardware numbers, he says, are not a big part of his investment thesis that the company has a credible opportunity in the enterprise space.

“We were encouraged with the 24% sequential increase in software revenue to $67 MM during the quarter via expansions and net new customer wins,” said Tse. “And with only a small portion of its existing enterprise subs having converted to BES12, this continues to be the opportunity”.

In a research update to clients today, Tse maintained his “Buy (Speculative) rating and (U.S.) $14.00 one year target on BlackBerry. "
    Once again who gives a ffffffff about hardware
    03-31-15 01:23 PM
    Any further questions about "marketing", "advertising", "killing-spec-mass-consumers-space-device" ?
    Meet ya FY 2017. IMHO.
    If Chen's plan is to release devices into the ether, then it's working.

Either I am uniquely and extraordinarily magnetic and attractive, with superhuman rhetorical control, or the Passport would sell if people knew about it. As many in here have testified, people go for it once they see it. Again, either we are all magic, or the phones would sell if advertised. That's just common sense. Any professed secret plans or wisdom from Chen as to how all these terrible sales are 'all part of the master plan' should be scoffed at, and they are being scoffed at by nearly everybody. With respect, I don't think the 'you just wait until two years from now' argument is useful here.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 01:24 PM
    Well, a lot of people do care about hardware, not just because it excites us more than encryption and microkernals, but because we think it's the key to getting us out of the gutter. Things have gone poorly, so folks have said 'who cares about hardware'. If BBM continues to tank, it will be 'yeah, but who cares about BBM'. If enterprise fades, it will be 'who cares about enterprise' - it's all about IoT.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 01:29 PM
    ....With respect, I don't think the 'you just wait until two years from now' argument is useful here.

Posted via CB10

With respect, if that is what you want to call it..... I don't think your posts are appropriate for this "support" thread.

Its not a matter of being constructive, or seeing the so called other side, or playing devils advocate, or just having shares and feeling entitled to post... but the other part of the equation of this thread is "support"... and so your opinions/posts are not in line with this particular forum (in my F"EN opinion) and you should post elsewhere.

ta daaaa...

bungaboy, rarsen, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    03-31-15 01:30 PM

Seriously, I think there really are warning signs worth paying attention to. The next three months will be important for me.

If I don't see a big change in device strategy, I'm out.

I don't care what the charts say.
    Posted via CB10

Seriously.......BUH BYE
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 03-31-15 at 01:51 PM.
    bungaboy and awindsr like this.
    03-31-15 01:38 PM
    First things first, let's get BBRY back above $9 at the closing bell, shall we?
    03-31-15 01:40 PM
    Deutsche upgrade to hold: Target $9

MKM upgrade to neutral: Target $10

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 01:42 PM
    UBS Group AG (USA) Shines Light On BlackBerry Ltd Software Monetization
    Following the release of BlackBerry’s 4QFY15 earnings, UBS analyst Amitabh Passi commented on the company stock. Bidness Etc discusses the details
    BBRY VMW CTXS MOBL
    By: MARTIN BLANC
    Published: Mar 31, 2015 at 9:48 am EST

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) reported fourth quarter fiscal'15 (4QFY15) earnings March 27, following which the company stock rallied 1.56%. UBS analyst Amitabh Passi commented on the company's latest performance in a research note published Sunday, highlighting that despite falling revenues, the company’s performance in terms of operational expenditures was commendable.

Mr. Passi pointed out that BlackBerry’s revenues continue to decline 32% year-over-year (YoY) in 4QFY15, as compared to a 34% decline in 3QFY15 and 64% decline in 4QFY14. Mr. Passi said the company was able to report operating profits of $2 million during the quarter, as a result of the operational expenditure rationalization undertaken at the company.

He further pointed out that there has been significant improvement in software sales in 4QFY15, to $67 million from $56 million in the same quarter last year. UBS believes that BlackBerry is far away from reaching its software sales goal of $600 million for FY16. Mr. Passi highlighted that the interest in its newly launched new interface, BlackBerry Enterprise Software 12 (BES12), and the BlackBerry value added services (VAS) remains low.

However, the firm remains cautiously optimistic regarding the company, due to its cost cutting strategy and cash flow generation capabilities. Investors remain doubtful about BlackBerry reaching its targets, even though cost cutting and cash flows have stabilized BlackBerry’s business for now.

BlackBerry improved its cash flow stability by increasing operational profit generation of $210 million by the fourth quarter. This provides room to obtain more acquisitions, to aid in achieving the company's $600 million software sales goal. BlackBerry has also decreased purchase order commitments to contract manufacturers from $565 million in 4QFY14 to $394 million in 4QFY15. This ensures a reduction in inventory risk for BlackBerry.

Consistent with Mr. Passi’s analysis, BlackBerry's earnings per share (EPS) changed modestly. However, the focal point remains on how BlackBerry picks up momentum against other enterprise competitors such as VMware, Inc.(NYSE:VMW), Citrix Systems, Inc.(NASDAQ:CTXS), and Mobileiron Inc. (NASDAQ:MOBL).

UBS holds a Neutral rating on the stock with a 12-month price target of $10. Of the analysts who cover the stock, five rate the stock a buy, 20 rate the stock a Hold and 11 rate the stock a Sell. The consensus 12-month target price held by the analysts is $9.22 per share.
    03-31-15 01:43 PM
    I'm so confused.

Mega downgrades and FUD yesterday drops share price by about 7% because BB is NFG!

Now, after everyone scoops up the discounted shares . . . comes the upgrades.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Just call me crazy!
    03-31-15 02:09 PM
    I'm so confused.

Mega downgrades and FUD yesterday drops share price by about 7% because BB is NFG!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Just call me crazy!
    You know man, just market forces at play... the good'ol invisible hand working its magic.
    03-31-15 02:15 PM
    I'm so confused.

And we only go up 1%! WTF
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-31-15 02:25 PM
    With respect, if that is what you want to call it..... I don't think your posts are appropriate for this "support" thread.

Its not a matter of being constructive, or seeing the so called other side, or playing devils advocate, or just having shares and feeling entitled to post... but the other part of the equation of this thread is "support"... and so your opinions/posts are not in line with this particular forum (in my F"EN opinion) and you should post elsewhere.

ta daaaa...

Actually, if someone posted a message that said "SELL!" back in 2013 when Heins changed his story from "Z10 will outsell the Q10 by 3:1" to the opposite, I'm sure some of us in hindsight would've appreciated it.
    03-31-15 02:32 PM
    And we only go up 1%! WTF
    ...in a generally red market. All mighty AAPL down 1.4% he he.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 02:34 PM
    Dude, he says in the note hardware numbers are not an important part of his thesis. So he is saying yeah hardware numbers sucked, but I really don't care that much.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-31-15 02:39 PM
    Actually, if someone posted a message that said "SELL!" back in 2013 when Heins changed his story from "Z10 will outsell the Q10 by 3:1" to the opposite, I'm sure some of us in hindsight would've appreciated it.
    Yes, it is called OTHER THREADS and..... due diligence..
    03-31-15 02:39 PM
    I'm so confused.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Just call me crazy!
    I would certainly not call you that, bungaboy!

Hummm... I think the confusion is attributable to the sometimes dubious news sites that are all too common on the Web now, most of which seem to be automated since they regurgitate exactly the same thing under different names/URLs.

I must say, it is not easy to keep track of who says what, when, these days... This is my overview of the situation.

Yesterday, we had a fairly nice summary from Barron's:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11518172

As far as I know, those analysts (MKM and DB) have not issued anything new this morning. The information was simply recycled and/or presented as "new".

On DB (not covered by yesterday's Barron's piece), from yesterday:, which confirm the $9, Hold status:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/deutsc...143121533.html
    Deutsche Bank Still Cautious On BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY)
    Example of a possible source of confusion (dated March 31):
    http://www.wkrb13.com/markets/541742...che-bank-bbry/
    03-31-15 02:41 PM
    Seriously.......BUH BYE
    And come back as BBUK14, Highlander, BeoWulfTheGeat, or some of the other aliases?
    sidhuk, 3MIKE and Bacon Munchers like this.
    03-31-15 02:45 PM
    And come back as BBUK14, Highlander, BeoWulfTheGeat, or some of the other aliases?
    Actually, prefer you don't come back.... can do without the negative commentary. There are plenty of other threads on the site that would cater towards your posts.
    03-31-15 03:27 PM
    Actually, prefer you don't come back.... can do without the negative commentary. There are plenty of other threads on the site that would cater towards your posts.
    Does The Atrium come to mind? LoL
    03-31-15 03:33 PM
    With all due respect guys (and gals?), let's drop the petty bickering and get back on track

The BES Cloud Services are now up and running. Another step forward

https://store.blackberry.com/direct/...ategories:1002

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 04:05 PM
113,250 ... 33063307330833093310 ...