View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It might be helpful to note that tomorrow is the final day for cash settlement sales. We might have had some funds blow out some stock for their end of quarter window dressing. Might in fact be a low in tomorrow. GL
    Morgan8 - by this do you mean you would expect this downswing to bottom out today? Is there a time of day when you would think these funds would wan to be 'done their business'??
    03-31-15 09:03 AM
    Turning Greeeeeennnnnnn!!! Close above usd9 today

Posted via CB10
    lech31 and CDM76 like this.
    03-31-15 09:15 AM
    No support
    Not so sure about that. Lots of buying goin on now.
    03-31-15 09:15 AM
    Morgan8 - by this do you mean you would expect this downswing to bottom out today? Is there a time of day when you would think these funds would wan to be 'done their business'??
    We are seeing 6 MM plus shares so far in the first hour, I think this bottoms out before noon. Funds are getting out to take the stock off the books. It doesn't look good to have losers in your portfolio at the end of a quarter. Watch the volume, once they are done, the stock pops.

EDIT:
    I see we have already popped on more normal volume. Fun to watch.
    03-31-15 09:16 AM
    FWIW: Trying to get the 2016 Jan LEAP calls at the $5 strike which trade with no premium. It's like buying the stock but up/down swings are 3x. Could make a nice gain on a swing to $10+.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-31-15 09:36 AM
    Competition is increasing for Microsoft and Cisco in the collaboration market

Cisco is the leading player in the web and video conferencing applications market through its WebEx solution. However, recently, BlackBerry (BBRY) has become aggressive in this market. In November last year, BlackBerry launched BBM Meetings, a mobile app that allows voice and video conferences for groups of up to 25 people. This service is compatible with BlackBerry smartphones and also works on iOS, Android, and Microsoft Windows Phone smartphone operating systems. BlackBerry claims that BBM Meetings is more cost-effective than WebEx.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cisco-...000539817.html
    03-31-15 09:54 AM
    So while I wasn't watching the stock bottom out and rally, (I was away and missed it) it actually looks as though it put in a "key reversal" this morning. I didn't see it happen but the stock dropped on hard volume and made new intra-day lows followed by a rush to the positive side. I missed the whole thing. So if that is true, we saw the lows, it should close positive today on far less volume. I believe the major sell orders cleared, the MM's saw the "ask" lift and bought hard. Now if you had purchased millions of shares of a company you would be pleased to know that it takes very little volume to push your new investment into a profitable range. This is what is happening today as we close out the quarter. The exhaustion sell-off should be over.

We want to close near the days high:
    Key Reversal Definition & Example | Investing Answers
    La Emperor, Corbu, rarsen and 17 others like this.
    03-31-15 09:56 AM
    OT New contract for Formula One world champion and BlackBerry Passport owner Lewis Hamilton

Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton is ready to sign a new contract that, according to media reports, could net him more than $40 million a year. There's no reason why it shouldn't be," the Mercedes driver told British reporters
    03-31-15 10:00 AM
    OT: NantHealth news

I don't recall seeing this posted here. Would be interesting to see how they reconcile the whistleblower allegations to a system that's been in trials at 250 hospitals. Multiple sources reported on this litigation. Hope the HBox works...

http://www.nanalyze.com/2015/02/will...appen-in-2015/

In a June 2014 article we highlighted a company called NantHealth, led by*Patrick Soon-Shiong*who is the*wealthiest American in the healthcare industry having amassed a fortune of $7.2 billion for building and selling**Abraxis Biosciences and*American Pharma Partners. NantHealth is building what is*referred to as the*�clinical operating system� (cOS)*which promises to revolutionize cancer treatment through aggregating and analyzing cancer patient data.*The Company*has already spent $1.5 billion in the past decade and most recently*completed a $320 million dollar Series B investment round in October of 2014 bringing a total of*$818 million raised in the last six months alone*from sovereign wealth funds and private equity groups. This is a massive amount of funding raised in a very short period of time. While NantHealth sounds like an incredibly promising company, a recent lawsuit filed by ex-employees exposes some dirty laundry that may bring into question the Company�s future potential.
    Just one week ago, a lawsuit was filed against NantHealth by ex-employees Stevie Davidson and Bill Lynch*who were fired for �inappropriate behavior�. According to NantHealth, Ms. Davidson was employed for less than 3 months and Mr. Lynch for less than 9 months. Prior to filing the lawsuit, NantHealth claimed that the couple who were in a relationship demanded a payment of $2 million or they would launch a smear campaign according to this article by Forbes. That payment was never made, and consequently a lawsuit was then filed against Nanthealth, details of which can be seen here.

The lawsuit filing document is rather lengthy, but contains some very significant accusations. NantHealth is accused of being engaged in �a multitude of fraudulent activities� that if known would �likely cause the end of the IPO�. The clinical operating system� (cOS)*is said to be �10 years behind in technology capability� with notable deficiencies in the areas of quality assurance and scalability. A compliance *audit conducted by FDA Compliance Group*in October 2014 claimed that NantHealth had �multiple areas of non compliance� that could become a major finding in a proper FDA audit. The lawsuit also claims that NantHealth�s products �are defective and pose significant patient safety compliance and security risks�.*The ex-employees are suing under a Florida law that prohibits employers from firing employees for reporting violations of laws or regulations to superiors or authorities.

One interesting piece of information in the lawsuit filing is that NantHealth is said to be ramping up for an IPO that is speculated to have a $4 billion valuation.*For a company that has already spent upwards of $1.5 billion on their venture so far, a payoff to ex-employees of $2 million would represent a mere drop in the bucket or just .625% of the latest funding round. NantHealth would have to believe that the claims were entirely unmerited and that the lawsuit would have no impact on their current client base or their planned IPO.

One could argue that maybe egos and/or principles stood in the way of a quick $2 million payoff but this doesn�t seem likely. When you have an investor base of sophisticated firms that have committed over $800 million to your venture, you would certainly consult with them prior to making a decision about paying off ex-employees a relatively �small� amount of money to avoid a lawsuit. If all the key stakeholders collectively made the decision not to payoff these disgruntled employees, then that would lead us to believe that the outcome of this lawsuit would most likely be favorable for NantHealth and not negatively impact any possible plans for an IPO.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 10:00 AM
    I didn't see it happen but the stock dropped on hard volume and made new intra-day lows followed by a rush to the positive side. I missed the whole thing.
    A massive ask at $8.62 took a couple of minutes to chew through but it seems to have changed the mood.
    03-31-15 10:03 AM
    A massive ask at $8.62 took a couple of minutes to chew through but it seems to have changed the mood.
    If it was a fund dumping stock, they take the average of all of the sales and want out before noon. Looks like this happened and gave us a key reversal, we just need to close at the high to begin our rally from here. I can understand why funds don't want to hold this play going into another quarter. Looking good so far, check out the volume/price action, very firm on a down DOW day. GL

Update:

Those two blocks went through at $ 8.65/shr:
    10:04:11 Q BBRY 8.65 -0.15 335,649 2,903,363
    10:03:52 Q BBRY 8.65 -0.15 115,201 996,488
    03-31-15 10:15 AM
    OT Alert - a little levity for the day. Go to maps.google.com and hit the pac man icon on the bottom of the page. I hope this works all around the world it's awesome
    jxnb, Superfly_FR and q649 like this.
    03-31-15 10:20 AM
    Well, my average is now (w/ CAD 1 : 0,73104 EUR) 8.22 �/shr, i.e +/- 6.8% gain.
    I may be tempted to buy in the 8s, but not above.
    Wasn't enough to deal with stock, I must now deal with currencies.
    Dilema is : should I sell now (� is really low, almost parity with USD) and play the "double effect" ...
    Nodes in my brain. May solve by remembering my "set it and forget it" initial option ...
    I feel your frustration. The Canuck Loonie hasn't seen lows like this for a long time.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 03-31-15 at 11:09 AM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-31-15 10:26 AM
    And, if you take the number of phones that were excluded from end sales in Q3 2015, you have a sense of the breakdown of BB 10 "legacy" phones versus the launch of the Passport and Classic. Even at lower unit sales, the ARP with be better yet again in Q1 2016.
    As a side note, Chen also stated that he made money on every device, if that helps anyone's calculations.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    03-31-15 10:40 AM
    I feel your frustration. The Canuck Loonie hasn't seen lows like this for decades.
    We are very close to the 2009/2010/2012 lows now. We need to hold that level or Canadians will be spending their winters in Canada! I would like it to move back up to the .88/cent/US level and stay there. That's a big rally from here.

Versus the Euro:
    http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?fr...o=CAD&view=10Y
    03-31-15 10:40 AM
    I feel your frustration. The Canuck Loonie hasn't seen lows like this for decades.
    The US Dollar increased to 1.26 Canadian Dollar in March from 1.24 in February of 2015. The Canadian Dollar averaged 1.22 from 1972 until 2015, reaching an all time high of 1.61 in January of 2002 and a record low of 0.92 in November of 2007.
    03-31-15 10:44 AM
    The upside of this dip is that my 11yo son's buy limit got filled.
    I told him that it wasn't going to happen when he was setting the limit - hate it that he is right more often now. Seriously, even on cars. I am a self-proclaimed car guy. While we were shopping for a car, we discussed what's the best BMW on the market today that we could buy (you know for normal usage). I said M3 or M4. He said, yeah...I would agree with you 10 years ago, but today, I would go with the M235i. I was thinking, WTF, I don't even know that it existed. When we got to the dealership, turns out he was right...
    So, when his limit got filled, I also followed with mine.
    03-31-15 10:46 AM
    Yeah, I wouldn't advertise the Leap all that aggressively. I would push the Passport and Classic, though. The objective should be pretty straightforward: make sure that most people know they exist. Speaking for London, I would place medium-term billboards and shorter-term big screen ads at Waterloo station, Liverpool Street station, Heathrow Airport, and Gatwick Airport. I would also mention that they are available at Carphone Warehouse, etc. In addition, I would run a general London Underground ad campaign. Even if this meant ignoring most of the rest of the UK because of cost concerns, this would be my play. I would shy away from TV too, because I don't think the return would justify the cost. Not everyone watches that much TV these days, but nearly everyone walks around, travels to work, etc. They've got to know these devices exist. They haven't got a chance otherwise, and that is such a waste.

One final note: whoever has been in charge of the dad joke ads should be locked away in a room for a bit. No more fauxtrepeneur stuff, or other cringe-worthy nonsense please...some good, confident, clear advertising that says 'we mean business'. In fact, that wouldn't be a bad campaign slogan either. 'BlackBerry. We mean business'. Yeah, that mightn't be too bad at all.

Posted via CB10
    I would love to see billboards and other types of ads everywhere showcasing BlackBerry in a positive light. But not yet.
    Advertising isn't going to save anything right now. Chen is executing his recovery plan and I trust the guy with the years of experience .
    Not trying to hurt any feelings but,
    I'm glad you aren't the CEO.
    Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Im Mo Green and 3MIKE like this.
    03-31-15 11:34 AM
    OT Alert - a little levity for the day. Go to maps.google.com and hit the pac man icon on the bottom of the page. I hope this works all around the world it's awesome
    Fibg find the magic kingdom parking lot.

Posted via CB10
    randall2580 likes this.
    03-31-15 11:36 AM
    [John Chen : ]"This disciplined execution will underscore our commitment to bringing the device business to operating profitably,"
    Any further questions about "marketing", "advertising", "killing-spec-mass-consumers-space-device" ?
    Meet ya FY 2017. IMHO.
    03-31-15 11:48 AM
    No support

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

is 10:30 our fav' time now ?
    03-31-15 11:52 AM
    03-31-15 12:07 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	968 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	344811

is 10:30 our fav' time now ?
    I'll be feeling better when we get back to $9.70 which is what some peeps thought it was worth at the open after the ER and CC.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-31-15 12:31 PM
    Edit: apologies if already posted.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13095...consumers.html

Everything positive helps.

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- BlackBerry (BBRY) has had a tough time competing with Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOG) when it comes to market share for smartphones. But according to this year's Net Promoter Consumer Study, BlackBerry has increased its customer loyalty score more than any other brand or company in the report.

That is certain to be good news for company that has had more than its share of stumbles*in recent years.

The Net Promoter Consumer Study, which is compiled by Satmetrix, determines customer loyalty for individual companies by asking more than U.S. consumers how likely they are to recommend the company to a friend on a scale of 0 to 10. The Net Promoter Score, or NPS, is calculated by subtracting the percentage of consumers who select 0 to 6 from the percentage of consumers who select 9 or 10.

While BlackBerry*still comes in last place among the seven smartphone companies that Satmetrix surveys, it increased nearly 15 points from last year, scoring an NPS of 28 this year. While the company still has a ways to go, the NPS improvement is a good indication of a turnaround.

"BlackBerry was*in a lot of trouble only a year ago and they seem to have recovered," said Brendan Rocks, data scientist at Satmatrix. "It appears that the quality of screen viewing was the main thing that changed for BlackBerry in particular."

Not surprisingly, Apple's iPhone took the first place with a score of 63. Samsung (SSNLF) got a score of 54, LG got a 41, Motorola got a 33, HTC got a 32, and Nokia (NOK) got a 30.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 12:41 PM
    Not surprisingly, Apple's iPhone took the first place with a score of 63
    Ughh! Makes me sick!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 12:45 PM
113,256 ... 33053306330733083309 ...