View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hey m8!
    Is today selloff anything to worry about like is it a breakdown of the charts to the downside or just a after earnings hiccup?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it is a big deal, they blew out some stock today, it might be more to do with window dressing for the end of the quarter, then anything else.

Here's the chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-march-30-2015.png

We are now at the bottom of the lowest trades in the stock over the past 9 months or so. If you look at the bottom line, you can see plenty of contact there. We also are well into over-sold here (RSI = 27), something that should cause some buying soon. I was watching the bids/asks and there was some solid buying all day long, the ask side never controlled the trade all day. That's why I think a fund got out today. We had 5 analysts come out with questionable data reviews today and the last time Faucette commented on how terrible BB was, it was the bottom that time. We'll see tomorrow, wasted a solid comeback on the DOW today with this nonsense.
    03-30-15 06:01 PM
    I don't think it is a big deal, they blew out some stock today, it might be more to do with window dressing for the end of the quarter, then anything else.

Here's the chart:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY March 30 2015.png 
Views:	1397 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	344716

We are now at the bottom of the lowest trades in the stock over the past 9 months or so. If you look at the bottom line, you can see plenty of contact there. We also are well into over-sold here (RSI = 27), something that should cause some buying soon. I was watching the bids/asks and there was some solid buying all day long, the ask side never controlled the trade all day. That's why I think a fund got out today. We had 5 analysts come out with questionable data reviews today and the last time Faucette commented on how terrible BB was, it was the bottom that time. We'll see tomorrow, wasted a solid comeback on the DOW today with this nonsense.
    Morgan, it sure would be interesting to plot the FUD media release dates timing to those long vertical red lines of SP drop dates.
    03-30-15 06:14 PM
    Morgan, it sure would be interesting to plot the FUD media release dates timing to those long vertical red lines of SP drop dates.
    That's easy, every drop is FUD. lmao
    bungaboy, ZayDub and CDM76 like this.
    03-30-15 06:42 PM
    Regarding the 5% slide on higher than usual volume this morning, I can't fathom that BBRY bears are still shorting this stock at $9. With a book value in the $6's, the upside vs. downside risk as a short does not make sense to me.

Just a random thought.
    I realize that you are not in this thread often, but I just wanted to say that you just hit on what some of us here believe to be direct stock price manipulation. We understand that 'large entities' discussed earlier have deep interest in competing technologies; ones that have already been touted as being the best in class.
    Oh, and since they can't truly compete on a same level of security, well that leaves the fact that they were very wrong, and they can't have that sort of ego bursting occur.
    Of course, just my opinion.

That said, I have set an early entry point for tomorrow morning. Don't know if it will catch, but the order is in.
    Thanks for addressing my random thought directly, BM. There definitely seems to be a lot of fear, uncertainty and doubt cast over BBRY, overshadowing the positives of John Chen's accomplishments. One thing that irks me (and others too I'm sure) is the general negative tone of a lot of articles. Instead of simply reporting on factual information, writers seem to go in with a predisposed 'BlackBerry is dead' attitude which is apparent in their subtle jabs and snide passing remarks interspersed in what should be an objective article.
    03-30-15 07:15 PM
    Guys, FUD or no FUD, this mauling is not something any of our charts have been predicting. Perhaps we should all take a step back and think carefully about whether the FUDmakers have some nonFUDDY points mixed in with the obvious anti-freedom and democracy and privacy and security FUD.

Seriously, I think there really are warning signs worth paying attention to. The next three months will be important for me. If I don't see a big change in device strategy, I'm out. I don't care what the charts say. If I don't see any ads pushing BlackBerry 10 or our devices by the summer, I have to accept that it isn't going to happen, and that's enough for me to cut and run, or hopefully sell at break even or a modest profit - who knows.

As I'm sure we've all just seen, despite the tiny user base, they are busy 'monetising' BBM by limiting timed messages and retraction - why now? Well, I think it's daft. These guys are trying to squeeze more and more grain out of a shrinking wheat field instead of planting more seeds. Sorry, but Chen and the gang are wrong on this one, and have been dead wrong on hardware for a while.

Sorry to be negative, but all the positivity and FUD spotting isn't selling phones, or doing much of anything. I can't deal with the excuses anymore. Just watched an Android ad while writing this, and can't turn my head without seeing an ad for the iPhone 6's camera - yes, ad campaigns on just the thing's camera. BlackBerry? Absolutely nothing. But don't worry: there's a phone called 'Leap' coming up that will also get close to no exposure, just like the Passport and Z30 before it...something to look forward to...

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) and techvisor like this.
    03-30-15 07:24 PM
    OT my Bro's: We need to lighten the mood a tad. Spring has arrived in the Okanagan. The blossoms are out on my peach trees. Apple trees next birds are getting frisky too!

Now back to the thread.

Ben

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    03-30-15 07:31 PM
    OT my Bro's: We need to lighten the mood a tad. Spring has arrived in the Okanagan. The blossoms are out on my peach trees. Apple trees next birds are getting frisky too!

Now back to the thread.

Ben

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-no-bovine-scatter.jpg
    3MIKE, morganplus8, lcjr and 4 others like this.
    03-30-15 07:42 PM
    Molly, if you say you're going to cut and run if you don't see adds in the next 3 months, save yourself the time and headaches and jump now. It ain't gonna happen.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 07:48 PM
    Well I hope the bears and shorts have had their fill today! I got back in today after exiting my position a week ago.

Sure today was a big one day drop, but if you take away Thursday and Friday's gains then today's closing price is right in line with the steady drop that began March 3.

Only looking at daily price change would make anyone go a little crazy. As Morgan's great chart shows we're still basically trading at the bottom of that sideways channel and oversold at an RSI 30.

Today's drop was just a catching up to the current down trend, aided by all the negative analyst's recommendations. Nothing changed with the state of the company between Friday and today to justify it - just a lot of people making money as the stock predictably yo-yos up and down like clockwork.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.2267 | Bell | via CB10
    03-30-15 07:55 PM
    Reading some of these posts and the reaction of the market, it reminds me of a song.
    The video is a little funny too! Warning might not be your taste.

Does not reflect my opinion in BLackberry!

03-30-15 08:07 PM
    Reading material!

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY-Q) earnings exceed analyst expectations
    Surprise:233.3%Currency:C$
    Reported EPS:0.04Last consensus EPS:-0.03
    Reporting period:quarterPeriod end:02/2015

If this headliner belonged to any other public company, would the stock price react the same?

And

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/03/...bm-custom-pin/
    03-30-15 08:18 PM
    Seriously, I think there really are warning signs worth paying attention to. The next three months will be important for me. If I don't see a big change in device strategy, I'm out. I don't care what the charts say. If I don't see any ads pushing BlackBerry 10 or our devices by the summer, I have to accept that it isn't going to happen, and that's enough for me to cut and run, or hopefully sell at break even or a modest profit - who knows.
    Like CJ said. This isn't going to happen. Device strategy has already been laid out. The BBM monetization strategy had been forewarned, when they introduced the retraction and timed message features.

You just have to watch for the introduction of the IoT play and the various NantHealth-related plays to see if it's worth sticking around. IMHO those will mark BlackBerry's "iPod" moment, when BlackBerry breaks away from the cell phone business.
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    03-30-15 08:22 PM
    So is the AAPL turnaround a good comparison to that of BBRY? Almost seems as though you can only buy a BlackBerry device as your second device otherwise you severely lack the capabilities that iPhone users have. I only have a BlackBerry and I'm unable to watch Netflix, use Uber, and many other apps that people use for convenience in their everyday lives.

So is Apples turnaround similar to that of what BlackBerry has to compete with?
    The comparison is about two tech companies left for dead and their resurrection , not a phone. A typical Disney movies theme.
    Don't make a direct product comparison .
    That's taking the comment deeper than intended imo.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 08:26 PM
    Blackberry Passport commercial. Little late but remembered it as I was looking online.

Posted via Passport
    03-30-15 09:31 PM

Posted via Passport
    03-30-15 09:39 PM
    There's commercials for every BlackBerry device. Pretty cool to watch now and then.

Posted via Passport
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-30-15 09:41 PM
    But this is the one to watch:

Posted via Passport
    03-30-15 09:54 PM
    The comparison is about two tech companies left for dead and their resurrection , not a phone. A typical Disney movies theme.
    Don't make a direct product comparison .
    That's taking the comment deeper than intended imo.

Posted via CB10
    As long as you don't kill the tree or the roots, the two fruit companies should be able to regenerate. LOL
    awindsr likes this.
    03-30-15 09:57 PM
    Thanks for the laugh lcjr. Hard to find funny, clean humor these days. Rick Mercer is also good.

So, I think it was Sidhuk that mentioned Crackberry should keep a video (courtesy of Corbu) pinned.
    I would also like to nominate this one:

Somewhat of a goofy host, but well meaning.
    Chen is candid and provides some clarity to where we are heading.
    Sorry if already posted. I just felt it proper to change the grey tone today.
    03-30-15 10:10 PM
    One question, was the 90% of 1.3m device sales recognized in q4 fy15 BB10 phones or just Classic and Passport? I think there is a big difference. If 90% are BB10 phones then we can confidently assume that there will be a meaningful ASP uptick in the next earnings when the proportion from Classic and Passport increases. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 10:24 PM
    One question, was the 90% of 1.3m device sales recognized in q4 fy15 BB10 phones or just Classic and Passport? I think there is a big difference. If 90% are BB10 phones then we can confidently assume that there will be a meaningful ASP uptick in the next earnings when the proportion from Classic and Passport increases. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    But - we may not sell 1.3m again. Every quarter number of devices shipped are declining. We may get a uptick in ASP but total # of sales may decline to 1M

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 10:52 PM
    Chrysaorora, yes we really need to have some miracles at the enterprise segment on Classic if we want to grow our HW sales.

However, the reason why I asked this question was about what was said in the Citigroup report "BBRY reported a very weak top line of usd660m missing our usd696m est on meek Device rev of just usd277m vs our usd300m est on 1.3m units, in-line with our 1.2m est but well below Street and lower ASP of usd211 vs our usd250. That 90% plus of the volume came from new high end Passport /Classic Devices suggests BBRY may already be discounting prices on those new models. "

Note that "may already be discounting prices on those new models" was bolded in the report.

These analysts will make use of every opportunity to attack Blackberry, even when they are not sure about the accuracy of the info.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    03-30-15 11:20 PM
    That's right, why doesn't every body just capitulate and sell your shares. Let the wall street criminals get your shares get dirt cheap. You can bet the same BS was being spread about Apple just before it made its turn around, I'm sure none of those people that were convinced to sell their shares of Apple for $6 don't feel any regret today.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Glenn Biddle; 03-31-15 at 12:16 AM.
    03-30-15 11:57 PM
    OT: IoT related

IBM investing $3 billion in 'Internet of Things' to analyze device data #CTVNews
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/ibm-i...data-1.2305215

NEW YORK - IBM is investing $3 billion to build an �Internet of Things� division aimed at harnessing the massive trove of data collected by smartphones, tablets, connected vehicles and appliances and using it to help companies better manage their businesses.

IBM estimates that 90 per cent of all data generated by mobile and �smart� devices is never analyzed. The Armonk, New York, company hopes to change this by teaming up with companies like Twitter and the Weather Co., the owner of the Weather Channel, and developing cloud-based data services and tools for app developers.

IBM is training more than 2,000 consultants, researchers and developers to help businesses come up with new ways to use the vast amounts of data that are now available, said Glenn Finch, Big Data and Analytics Lead at IBM Global Business Services. This could mean combining Twitter data with economic and weather data to predict what someone might be interested in buying. The new business unit is part of IBM's shift away from hardware toward spending billions to focus on analytics, cloud computing, mobile services and security.

IBM plans to launch an online service that helps insurance companies extract insight from connected vehicles, to create new pricing and services customized to individual drivers. Meanwhile, the Weather Co. plans to shift and integrate its massive weather data operation into the IBM Cloud, so that insurance providers could send policyholders text messages alerting them to impending hailstorms and vehicles could be moved before being damaged, for instance. It could also help determine exactly how many people were hit by a natural disaster so insurers could respond to claims faster.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 12:26 AM
    I posted this in Armchair CEO section.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/armchai...sales-1010442/
    Just FYI reading:

I think only way to get people (including enterprises/companies) buy or adopt BlackBerry is by getting a lot of apps.

Sure, you may say, enterprise users don't care about apps. But that's not true. All enterprise users are ALSO consumers (although all consumers are not enterprise users).

The whole BYOD trend started because employees (also regular consumers) told their employers that they want to use their PERSONAL device (iPhone/Android) because the company issued device (usually a BlackBerry) is slow and has no apps.

So, I was thinking: how much would it cost BlackBerry to give away 20M BlackBerry devices at cost? At $275/device - let's say BlackBerry is able to sell 1M Leap devices. I am guessing Leap costs around $125 to manufacture? So, (1M leap devices x $275) - ($125 x 1M) = $150M profit; and full year profit = $600M.

1. what if BlackBerry gave away 20M leaps at cost each? It'd basically mean BlackBerry is foregoing $600M in profit for the whole year. Let's think of it as ad-spend.

2. At the same time, heavily advertise in developed countries US/Canada/EU - TV and radio channels. Say, another $300M for the year.

I think if BlackBerry did above two things:

1. Get additional 20 M BlackBerry 10 OS based devices out in the wild in people's hand. When these 20 M users start using their phones, it'd start showing up in analytics, browser stats and so on. For eg: if you visit a bank site, bank usually tracks what device you used to visit their site. And if a lot of people are using a particular device, bank would optimize their site for THAT device.

2. It'd increase general awareness. People would know there is a new and IMPROVED BlackBerry in town. It's not the same old slow device anymore.
    -> Some of these people, watching advertisements, are also employees of big companies with influence over what device their company purchases
    -> Some of these people, watching advertisements, are also app-developers or work for companies that produce apps (eg: employees of NetFlix, Instagram etc).

I think this will lead to:

1. With 20M devices out there in the wild showing increasing device penetration in stats/analytics PLUS visible advertising seen by developers would make developers curious. Lot of developers would start evaluating cost-benefit of developing for BB. At first, they might simply port-over their Android app and make sure it works on BB 10 (by removing dependency on Google Services) and later might start developing full native apps.

As apps start coming to BlackBerry, BlackBerry can continue to incorporate this in their ad-campaigns.

2. With app developers coming to BlackBerry, BlackBerry will start to gain better reviews. And when a company issues a BlackBerry, the employee would not be so resistant to it. And would not insist on iPhone or Android.

Right now, it seems employees are generally so resistant to BlackBerry devices (issued by their companies) simply because they feel, if they accept a BlackBerry device, they'd lose out on lot of day-to-day things they do on their phones (eg: banking, entertainment , google apps etc). So, they go back to their IT department and request a non-BlackBerry device. If the company refuses, they say, ok, I have my own device can you activate it?

So, the company thinks.. ok, fine, let me see what I can do. Then the company goes out and buys Mobile Iron, Air Watch, Good Technologies or something (because the company thinks BBRY is going out of business, BES starts with negative points in evaluation score) and activates employee's personal (non BBRY) device on company network.
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 03-31-15 at 01:22 AM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-31-15 12:54 AM
113,256 ... 33033304330533063307 ...