View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    One more Corbu to the list.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-credit-suisse.png
    03-30-15 09:25 AM
    One more Corbu to the list.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Credit Suisse.PNG 
Views:	864 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	344645
    03-30-15 09:36 AM
    Wow. Some bullish comments right after the earning call and silence from the bears. And now they come back in full force. I wish I could initiate hibernation mode and wake up in half a year or so. I can't watch it anymore.
    03-30-15 09:38 AM
    One more bag
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-deutshe-bank.png
    03-30-15 09:39 AM
    I'm done, change of topic!

Had eggs and sausage this morning for breakfast. Not healthy but once in a while its okay.
    georg4BB and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-30-15 09:40 AM
    They just have to keep feeding the sheep! I wonder who is buying all those shares?
    03-30-15 09:44 AM
    Question, but first let me start off by saying I'm a long. Many people compare BlackBerry to that of Apple back in 1998. Where their share in the computer market fell all the way down to 2%, from 40%. So my question is, did AAPL have to deal with people not creating applications for AAPL computers, or were applications pretty universal for computers? I never owned an Apple so I really don't even know the answer to that.
    Good question. A lot of people do forget about AAPL's difficult times and that, not all that long ago, they were left for dead as well.

Business Insider has a good article on this: The Greatest Comeback Story Of All Time: How Apple Went From Near Bankruptcy To Billions In 13 Years - Business Insider
    bungaboy, jxnb, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    03-30-15 09:50 AM
    Hey CB'erians,

Just a fly on the wall, learning loads about the market via this thread. Liquidated my holding a few months back after 2 yrs and looking to come back in... today's looking tempting, but curious if anyone has insights what's going on right now with all this volume and downward pressure...

Of course, what I do with my money is solely my responsibility.. but curious to get some more expert insights.

Thx!
    03-30-15 09:58 AM
    So is the AAPL turnaround a good comparison to that of BBRY? Almost seems as though you can only buy a BlackBerry device as your second device otherwise you severely lack the capabilities that iPhone users have. I only have a BlackBerry and I'm unable to watch Netflix, use Uber, and many other apps that people use for convenience in their everyday lives.

So is Apples turnaround similar to that of what BlackBerry has to compete with?
    03-30-15 10:00 AM
    Thanks Shane and Antoine. Managed to finally make my purchase of BBM Protected through my Enterprise account. Working perfectly now.

Cheers all. B
    03-30-15 10:02 AM
    @corbu, you might want to start tracking Orbcomm Inc. They look like a more viable acquisition orbcomm.com ORBC on nasdaq

Posted from my PassPort
    03-30-15 10:06 AM
    I should have known that despite BlackBerry being grossly undervalued that the US would never allow BlackBerry to flourish. The US IMO does have a history of taking down canadian companies. The attack today is just one of many examples. BlackBerry has no chance to succeed. Not because BlackBerry doesn't have the best products (which they do) but rather a combination of factors that I already point out. Chen needs to sell BlackBerry or delist from the US exchange and also halt all BlackBerry sales in the US but I know that wouldn't be allowed by the US. Again IMO. I will not sell because I support freedom and democracy. I hope chen either merges or sells BlackBerry . They will NEVER Allow BlackBerry to succeed on their own.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 10:08 AM
    I only have a BlackBerry and I'm unable to watch Netflix, use Uber, and many other apps that people use for convenience in their everyday lives.
    Assuming you are not using a BB10 device (or alternatively have some aversion to using the Android runtime)??

So is Apples turnaround similar to that of what BlackBerry has to compete with?
    I think the direct AAPL comparisons is perhaps too easy - in part because, like BB, they hit a wall with what their OS could do and needed to rebuild from scratch. Similarly everyone wrote them off as 'dead'. More so, its a narrative people following BB/tech know about and would love to project onto BB... 'fret not, the RIMpire will return...'.

I certainly would love nothing more than that to become reality, however - as a casual observer - it strikes me that the context of what APPL did and when is drastically different from what BB is facing now. Maybe IoT will be the 21st century ticket and prove as disruptive (and as profitable) as the iGadgets, but I do think its a stretch.

My $.005
    Last edited by primusd; 03-30-15 at 10:19 AM. Reason: forgot second part quote
    03-30-15 10:15 AM
    Regarding the 5% slide on higher than usual volume this morning, I can't fathom that BBRY bears are still shorting this stock at $9. With a book value in the $6's, the upside vs. downside risk as a short does not make sense to me.

Just a random thought.
    primusd likes this.
    03-30-15 10:22 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) Falls Down To Its Knees As It Introduces BlackBerry Care Protection Plan- Crown Castle International (NYSE:CCI), NeuStar (NYSE:NSR) | Streetwise Report

DONNTTT CLICK

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) [Detail Analytic Report] shares plunged over 3.65% on Monday after it introduced The BlackBerry Care Protection Plan for the Classic and the Passport smartphones. The BlackBerry Care Protection Plan can take care of the unanticipated situations. Any mishap like a biggest drop or a liquid tumble can leave you without your smartphone. This can be calamitous because phone is communication and cooperation tool. The BlackBerry Care Protection Plan is intended for BlackBerry customers. It is an inexpensive warranty solution that delivers extended protection against accidental damage. On the other side, BlackBerry reported that 3 Hong Kong, the mobile telecommunications division of Hutchison Telecommunications Hong Kong Holdings Limited, is now providing BlackBerry enterprise customers Enhanced SIM-Based Licensing by BlackBerry. With the new ESBL offering, 3 Hong Kong enterprise customers can get BES12, a cross-platform EMM solution by BlackBerry, assimilated with their wireless monthly subscriber billing. The ESBL offering in conjunction with BES12 will support BlackBerry 10, Windows Phone, iOS and Android. The offering will allow 3 Hong Kong to resell to its enterprise customers licenses for BlackBerry EMM services as a bundled offer along with data plan and airtime.
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    03-30-15 10:23 AM
    If Blackberry were to come back I think it would definitely be the greatest comeback story of all time. If it doesn't come back then it will be the usual story of a company that was disrupted by Apple.
    03-30-15 10:26 AM
    I should have known that despite BlackBerry being grossly undervalued that the US would never allow BlackBerry to flourish. The US IMO does have a history of taking down canadian companies. The attack today is just one of many examples. BlackBerry has no chance to succeed. Not because BlackBerry doesn't have the best products (which they do) but rather a combination of factors that I already point out. Chen needs to sell BlackBerry or delist from the US exchange and also halt all BlackBerry sales in the US but I know that wouldn't be allowed by the US. Again IMO. I will not sell because I support freedom and democracy. I hope chen either merges or sells BlackBerry . They will NEVER Allow BlackBerry to succeed on their own.

Posted via CB10
    My personal opinion is that this has nothing to do with the US at all. The problem lies with Canada, the OSC is funded so poorly that they have no backbone to defend Canadian companies from hedge fund attacks. Over all the years that I have invested in North America, time and time again, I run into an OSC that is not capable of defending the rights of their own corporations. Companies themselves have to step in front of the State where the hedge fund resides and take them to court. I trained a lawyer that went onto work for the OSC and I can tell you from experience that they aren't equipped to chase down any illegal activities in their own exchanges. As far as this being a North American problem, hedge funds are located in many over countries without rules to govern money flows. It is completely misleading to suggest the the US has anything to do with this. Canada needs to get a backbone and go after unfair trading. You see this today with the opening of our first independent exchange to stop HF trading here in Canada. I understand why you are ticked off but I believe you need to look in our own backyard for a solution to the problem.
    03-30-15 10:30 AM
    My personal opinion is that this has nothing to do with the US at all. The problem lies with Canada, the OSC is funded so poorly that they have no backbone to defend Canadian companies from hedge fund attacks. Over all the years that I have invested in North America, time and time again, I run into an OSC that is not capable of defending the rights of their own corporations. Companies themselves have to step in front of the State where the hedge fund resides and take them to court. I trained a lawyer that went onto work for the OSC and I can tell you from experience that they aren't equipped to chase down any illegal activities in their own exchanges. As far as this being a North American problem, hedge funds are located in many over countries without rules to govern money flows. It is completely misleading to suggest the the US has anything to do with this. Canada needs to get a backbone and go after unfair trading. You see this today with the opening of our first independent exchange to stop HF trading here in Canada. I understand why you are ticked off but I believe you need to look in our own backyard for a solution to the problem.
    This is listed on nasdaq too, it's as much an SEC problem as OSC, no point passing the blame.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-30-15 10:40 AM
    Bounced twice off the October '14 8.90 low and then broke under it. The next floor is $8.00 but we can't go that low.

This is bad. But this is Chen playing his chess game around revenue and EPS numbers. The handset fallout is giving the bears their story. Pushing the launch to Q1 let's them control the blackberry phones are dead story for 3 months and that is not good perception.

I guess we have to close above 8.90?
    03-30-15 10:41 AM
    Unfortunately, I think it does make sense to consider whether BlackBerry cost-cutting has been or will be damaging to the company. Are they going to continue to avoid aggressive, highly-visible marketing and advertising of hardware? That's an important question that I can't answer. Despite all the insistence by BlackBerry and some of us that BlackBerry is a software company first and foremost, and should be judged as such, every ER, and at many points in between, it's the steady decline in hardware sales that the media and analysts focus on.

If I take off my Hopeful Hat, I see the Leap being a flop, and the Passport (and I'm writing this on my wonderful Passport) being a huge sales disappointment. The Classic probably won't sell well either, and the slider will almost certainly flop as well, because almost no one will know it exists, despite a number of good reviews.

As a supporter of BBRY who buys shares, I obviously hope this isn't the case, but at the same time, as an investor, I cannot willingly blind myself to what I see as a chronic issue with poor justifications. Cutting advertising in order to save money is an extremely short-sighted plan that is killing the brand, despite the positive things that have happened.

A lot of folks won't agree with a word I've written, but let's see how things turn out in three months' time...

Will device sales show marked improvement?
    Will BlackBerry begin aggressively advertising their devices?

I think the answer to both of these questions will probably be no. This will continue to mean a very modest BBM user base, and lower and lower interest from app developers, who already have little incentive to even think about BlackBerry 10 apps. In addition to this, the enterprise plays will be affected by general malaise regarding the company.

BlackBerry seem to not want to advertise their devices unless they start selling (this is only a guess at their reasoning), and of course the devices won't sell unless they are advertised. Then, we get comments along the lines of 'Yeah, well we only aimed to sell a few dozen in the first place, so it's not really a failure'. It's a hopeless cycle of folly and madness. Chen's strategy of going and asking customers what they want and then building it is not a very good idea, as Guy Kawasaki of Apple fame has always preached. Here, I completely agree with Steve Jobs: 'Customers cannot tell you what they need'. But I stray.

I'd like to put my Hopeful Hat back on. What if BlackBerry DO decide to have a proper go at things - real, high-quality advertising that isn't possible to avoid? Then, I think we will see a huge upswing of device sales, numbers that will shock everybody. Why? Because the devices themselves, and the OS, can handle the push. The Passport, for example, is a proper, one-of-a-kind device that all Passport owners know draws attention and interest on first sight. It's ageing by the day, though, and an advertising push needs to happen asap while its specs are still as impressive as its form. The public are ready to look at BlackBerry again, but they need something to look at. If BlackBerry are too scared to add fuel to the fire, I'm afraid I really do think they fire will continue to dwindle until we are left with a very uninspiring picture indeed.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 10:43 AM
    Today I feel Chen should sell to samsung for their $15 offer. Burn all these guys big with his two middle fingers.
    Jahcure, CDM76, Greened and 1 others like this.
    03-30-15 10:46 AM
    Unfortunately, I think it does make sense to consider whether BlackBerry cost-cutting has been or will be damaging to the company. Are they going to continue to avoid aggressive, highly-visible marketing and advertising of hardware? That's an important question that I can't answer. Despite all the insistence by BlackBerry and some of us that BlackBerry is a software company first and foremost, and should be judged as such, every ER, and at many points in between, it's the steady decline in hardware sales that the media and analysts focus on.

If I take off my Hopeful Hat, I see the Leap being a flop, and the Passport (and I'm writing this on my wonderful Passport) being a huge sales disappointment. The Classic probably won't sell well either, and the slider will almost certainly flop as well, because almost no one will know it exists, despite a number of good reviews.

As a supporter of BBRY who buys shares, I obviously hope this isn't the case, but at the same time, as an investor, I cannot willingly blind myself to what I see as a chronic issue with poor justifications. Cutting advertising in order to save money is an extremely short-sighted plan that is killing the brand, despite the positive things that have happened.

A lot of folks won't agree with a word I've written, but let's see how things turn out in three months' time...

Will device sales show marked improvement?
    Will BlackBerry begin aggressively advertising their devices?

I think the answer to both of these questions will probably be no. This will continue to mean a very modest BBM user base, and lower and lower interest from app developers, who already have little incentive to even think about BlackBerry 10 apps. In addition to this, the enterprise plays will be affected by general malaise regarding the company.

BlackBerry seem to not want to advertise their devices unless they start selling (this is only a guess at their reasoning), and of course the devices won't sell unless they are advertised. Then, we get comments along the lines of 'Yeah, well we only aimed to sell a few dozen in the first place, so it's not really a failure'. It's a hopeless cycle of folly and madness. Chen's strategy of going and asking customers what they want and then building it is not a very good idea, as Guy Kawasaki of Apple fame has always preached. Here, I completely agree with Steve Jobs: 'Customers cannot tell you what they need'. But I stray.

I'd like to put my Hopeful Hat back on. What if BlackBerry DO decide to have a proper go at things - real, high-quality advertising that isn't possible to avoid? Then, I think we will see a huge upswing of device sales, numbers that will shock everybody. Why? Because the devices themselves, and the OS, can handle the push. The Passport, for example, is a proper, one-of-a-kind device that all Passport owners know draws attention and interest on first sight. It's ageing by the day, though, and an advertising push needs to happen asap while its specs are still as impressive as its form. The public are ready to look at BlackBerry again, but they need something to look at. If BlackBerry are too scared to add fuel to the fire, I'm afraid I really do think they fire will continue to dwindle until we are left with a very uninspiring picture indeed.

Posted via CB10
    Spot on, proper marketing would increase sales and would notch the 10 million sales goal. Why have a marketing department at this point if you are not going to use it.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-30-15 10:52 AM
    Today I feel Chen should sell to samsung for their $15 offer. Burn all these guys big with his two middle fingers.
    Interesting enough, John Chen is now out of the money in his stock option package, he won't make a dime after all the time he has dedicated to this company. I would think he and his bond holders are watching this day and getting fired up about it. The trifecta of bashers are enjoying their day.
    03-30-15 10:53 AM
    The brown marketing shoes are available should you chose to accept this mission.
    morganplus8, lcjr, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    03-30-15 10:57 AM
    Bought some here at 8.81. it seems oversold now and 8.80 is good support. I thin with 8.80 previous gap also filled.
    03-30-15 10:58 AM
113,256 ... 33003301330233033304 ...