View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Let me guess, bungaboy... Another negative story from Sean Silcoff? Or Jacquie McNish? Or Shane Dingman?

What a shame...
    03-28-15 10:38 AM
    FTR: On this "one device" solution...

Since this question has been asked a few times recently and there seems to be some confusion as to what is involved, I have dug up the exact quote from JC:

Source is Bloomberg interview with Emily Chang dated December 19 2014 (between 0:50 and 1:05). Pretty good interview worth listening to again, by the way, in light of yesterday's results:

BlackBerry Turnaround Odds Are Now 99 Percent, Chen Says - Bloomberg Business
    And. Funny thing is that how successful analysts are making every one forget what JC is saying. I guess when people surrounded by lies 24x7, no one trust no one.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 5 others like this.
    03-28-15 10:43 AM
    The smartphone business now loses much less than it used to, and he has cleaved costs overall. The company generated a modest fourth-quarter profit and, for the second straight trimester, positive operating cash flows.
    huh?
    sidhuk, Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-15 11:39 AM
    Thanks as always M8 for the charts and explanation there of. I think I found W Hoa's post on the RSI tip. Only a snippet of the Forbes article was quoted. So for those looking for a link to the full article. Here she be.

BlackBerry Enters Oversold Territory (BBRY)
    03-28-15 11:56 AM

Since this question has been asked a few times recently and there seems to be some confusion as to what is involved, I have dug up the exact quote from JC:

Source is Bloomberg interview with Emily Chang dated December 19 2014 (between 0:50 and 1:05). Pretty good interview worth listening to again, by the way, in light of yesterday's results:

Thanks, Corbu. So software around June, to convince people to use 'one device'. So maybe the virtual SIM and 'hope' they buy blackberry. Who knows. I take back the Slider comment with your solid evidence pointing to software
    03-28-15 11:58 AM

Corbu who the hell needs Blackberry Assistant! When I have you!
    Your the best and I don't care what your other half says about you.

Joking aside, thanks mate!
    3MIKE, morganplus8, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    03-28-15 12:10 PM
    Corbu who the hell needs Blackberry Assistant! When I have you!
    Your the best and I don't care what your other half says about you.

Joking aside, thanks mate!
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    03-28-15 01:18 PM
    Well Friday at work was too busy and I missed the earning report. So I'm just checking in now. I thought these were very nice results. I loved the large amount of free cash flow from operations. Seems like the cost side of the business is getting nicely under control. The software side is a good margin business and growing. Service fees dropped but only at the same and predicted rate. That seems to me very good news. A sudden drop in that revenue is probably the thing BBRY fears the most. If that revenue only drops 15% a quarter, then it seems BBRY can easily manage that.
    I'm optimistic about the handsets. I think they will sell at the reasonable prices they are being marketed at. Not sell in crazy numbers. But a few million a quarter is all BBRY needs to have them be a big success. The Leap is priced right and has great battery life. The Classic is the phone BBRY should have released years ago. Every IT guy should be taking the old BBRY's out of their executives's hands and putting a Classic in it. I think the Passport is selling at a nice profit even if very small numbers.
    I can't imagine what large corporations aren't doubling down on security for their mobile devices. I think there is probably a lot more corporate espionage going on than the major companies realize. Especially the U.S. companies which I believe can be a bit delusional about things. Yes we hear about things like the Sony scandal. But folks have to realize the that we don't hear about the best criminals, because they are the ones who are NOT getting caught. So if large companies continue to invest in security, it seems they would go with BBRY.

So I think the future is bright for BBRY. I wish I had bought some more shares on Friday. I might increase my position a bit on Monday, especially if the stock opens a bit flat. I like the odds of investing in a software security focused company with $3 billion in cash, huge workforce, and cash flow positive operations. Seems like a great platform.
    03-28-15 01:50 PM
    Here is something that I'm still pondering. The last thing John Chen said in the conference call before the Q&A . Something like this: the model you are using is somewhat, non gaap of -0.08 to -0.13, but we intent on doing better.

How much better is he talking about?
    03-28-15 01:51 PM
    Looks like Faucette called it wrong again...

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 01:58 PM
    And it continues . . . Glob & Fail FUD!

"BlackBerry�s way forward? Down a dark path...
    "
    Attention Crackberry EI'Chief:

Please add a post 'UNLIKE' option (Case in point).

Lol.
    3MIKE, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    03-28-15 02:18 PM

Wow! I have never thanked and liked the same post before!
    03-28-15 02:22 PM
    Here is something that I'm still pondering. The last thing John Chen said in the conference call before the Q&A . Something like this: the model you are using is somewhat, non gaap of -0.08 to -0.13, but we intent on doing better.

How much better is he talking about?
    + .XX
    03-28-15 03:01 PM
    + .XX
    Sounds good to me. Let's see it on paper now. Lol
    03-28-15 03:10 PM
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...1457_161526866

"Why Blackberry's Next Great Hope Isn't a Phone
    These three letters could save a dying phonemaker�and turn it into a company that has nothing to do with phones at all

Whether you blame corporate buffoonery or the success of Apple and Android, over the last five years BlackBerry has become essentially irrelevant to the smartphone market. Its newest phone, the coaster-size Passport, successfully doubles down on the company's mission of serving workaholics, but it's too niche to win back any major market share. The other four new devices it's releasing this year likely won't move the needle either. But none of that might matter, because what BlackBerry does have is a burgeoning software and security business and three important letters: Q-N-X.

Back in 2010, when it was called Research in Motion, BlackBerry bought an embedded operating system called QNX (pronounced cue-nix). Most people wouldn't know it, but QNX is all around us. It runs the computers that are used to manage railroads, all sorts of hospital equipment, huge HVAC systems, and control programs for nuclear plants. Until recently it powered the yellow first-down line you see every time you watch a football game on TV.

QNX is also what runs BlackBerry's BlackBerry 10 mobile operating system. Most importantly, though, it is vital to two growing markets that are on the verge of becoming massive. QNX currently contributes only minimally to BlackBerry's bottom line, but it could play a big part in BlackBerry's future."

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 03:31 PM
    While QNX doesn't contribute a lot directly to BlackBerry revenues, let's not forget BlackBerry 10 OS is based off of QNX. So, in a way, QNX contributes like 50 % of everything!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 04:02 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sell.jpg

Funny stuff. Credit to Bla1ze.
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    03-28-15 04:06 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sell.jpg 
Views:	1091 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	344320

Funny stuff. Credit to Bla1ze.
    Maybe something like this will change that.

Trading begins on Aequitas NEO Exchange

Canada’s newest stock exchange officially kicked off trading on Friday with a celebration held at the historic site that formerly housed the Toronto Stock Exchange.

The Aequitas NEO Exchange aims to deter predatory high-frequency trading that harms ordinary investors. Its backers include some of Canada’s largest pension funds and investment firms.

“This is a historic occasion in a historic location,” said Michael Wilson, a former federal finance minister and a member of the board of Aequitas Innovations Inc., the parent company of the new exchange.

“This building was at one stage the heart of the capital markets in Canada,” Wilson said, telling the business crowd at the Toronto Design Exchange that they were on a floor once filled with “the hustle and bustle of traders and runners going back and forth.”

The Bay St. site, best-known for its art deco fa�ade, is now a non-profit, home to Canada’s only museum dedicated to design.

Aequitas, named for the Latin word for equity and fairness, will be a rival to the Toronto Stock Exchange and other markets owned by the TMX Group.

The Toronto Stock Exchange is Canada’s premier stock market. It moved into the nearby Exchange Tower in 1983 and shifted to electronic trading in 1997.

At precisely 9:30 a.m., trading started with flashes of green and red on the NEO ticker board as stock prices moved up and down. The crowd applauded.

“We are on a journey to redefine the role of the stock exchange,” said Jos Schmitt, president and chief executive officer of the exchange. “The new exchange is there to level the playing field, and to bring fairness back into trading. Investors big and small, young and old, you have a fair change to participate.”

Schmitt kept his cool when a technical glitch prevented an informational video from playing prior to the start of trading. “I promise you the exchange has been tested for about six months before we launched it,” he said as the crowd laughed.
    Trading on Aequitas NEO launched with 45 TSX-listed stocks including BCE Inc., Franco-Nevada Group, and Goldcorp. It will ramp up with more securities in the coming months, and unveil its own listing service later this year. Nearly 6.1 million securities worth approximately $106.3 million traded on Aequitas NEO on Friday. Backers, which include Royal Bank, Barclays Corp. and OMERS Capital Markets, hope that the new exchange could capture 15 to 20 per cent of the trading market in a couple of years.

“Ultimately, it’s about being innovative, and ensuring greater competition to keep prices even lower and that bodes well for investors and for consumers who rely on the stock markets,” Ontario Finance Minister Charles Sousa said told reporters.

“The average person in Canada now has more choice. This is also showing the world markets the innovations that Toronto is making.”

With files from The Canadian Press
    03-28-15 05:00 PM
    Maybe something like this will change that.

Trading begins on Aequitas NEO Exchange
    I always thought Wilson to be a decent person.
    03-28-15 05:30 PM

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150327_190201.jpg

This can't be from a BlackBerry can it
    + "QNX Inside!"
    03-28-15 05:57 PM
    03-28-15 07:06 PM
    + "QNX Inside!"
    This is true

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 11:09 PM
    [video]https://youtu.be/bVD2WVG9bOc[/url]

Cool!

http://thetechnologytitan.blogspot.ca/
    I think it would be great with Docs To Go also !
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-15 11:11 PM
    I have a lot of stock, a lot of Jan 16 10 and 12s, and some Jan 17 10 and 12.

Personally, I was hoping for a bounce back to 11 with the ER. I think we can still do it but will take a few weeks. If anything this stock has proved range bound and with this ER I don't see that changing. To me it has confirmed it is a traders stock, BlackBerry will not sell to samsung at 15 so I feel I can now trade at least half of it and with little chance to miss out on something big.

Hearing the 100 party is looking to be delayed as hardware sales are tanking and bes uptake is slower than we wanted...I will move my 2016s to 2017 and my target to switch is 10.10-80...not too sure let's see how the next 3 weeks go . If we get up to 10 you should be even on your calls and can make a decision to move to 2017 or just buy stock, or a mix....with the stock somewhere in the 10s.

We are oversold a bit, should bounce. I do think we see some target revisions downward a little bit next week...Probably to 10.50 for those analysts that are higher. The analysts already at or under10 I think they keep their target the same. You saw faucette put his 7 number on the wire again yesterday so no worry about another bs report from him.

One problem is I don't think we have any catalysts until the slider...unless Chen does a news release when we hit 1M classic sales to show hardware is not completely dead. I doubt he would...it looks like he plans to give the analysts NOTHING to use against them now. You will hear what you heard yesterday for the next 4 quarters and very little specific forecasting except expected BIS loss q/q.

Posted via CB10
    I've got mostly stock and some Jan 10 2016 calls. I'm a bit more optimistic that the stock will see some movement over the next 3 quarters, especially with the mix to new phone sales, the renewal of carrier distribution, including software, and moving BES 10 over to BES 12. They'll have to be a little more persuasive on that last item it sounds like it may be a good use of a bit of the cash (i.e. One time time limited promotions, etc). I may shift my time horizon to 2017, but will likely hold my 2016s for now.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 06:56 AM
    03-29-15 08:55 AM
113,256 ... 32973298329933003301 ...