View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    what gets me is how bbry execs said themselves that rev will be lower this qtr then last but somehow they are predicting higher revs then last qtr. Smells like a setup to me
    They did the same last quarter and Chen commented later that he's frustrated that the analysts don't listen. I'm good with $750 and (0.01) EPS. I hope it's not a bloodbath with less than 1M devices sold.
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-26-15 03:59 PM
    Anyone have a call in number for the Q4 results tomorrow? I won't be at my computer and when you try to 'Join Now' on their web page from my Passport it wants Adobe Flash downloaded which I believe the latest OS no longer supports.

Passport running on 10.3.1.2576
    03-26-15 04:00 PM
    I'm not holding shares but I have a feeling that the bad news is built in at this point. Could be a bounce tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 04:04 PM
    .....Oh yeah, get your rest my friend, you are going to be a very busy person tomorrow morning!!
    1 more sleep...til showtime !
    morganplus8, rarsen, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    03-26-15 04:08 PM
    Anyone have a call in number for the Q4 results tomorrow? I won't be at my computer and when you try to 'Join Now' on their web page from my Passport it wants Adobe Flash downloaded which I believe the latest OS no longer supports.

Year-End and Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2015 Results
    Friday March 27, 2015 8am EST

Waterloo, ON – BlackBerry� (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) will be reporting results for the year-end and fourth quarter of fiscal 2015 on March 27th, 2015. A conference call and live webcast will be held beginning at 8 am ET, which can be accessed by dialing 1-888-503-8168 or by logging on at Investor Events - Canada.

A replay of the conference call will also be available at approximately 10 am ET by dialing 1-647-436- 0148 and entering pass code 8015758# or by clicking the link above. This replay will be available until midnight ET April 10th, 2015.

BlackBerry to Announce Year-End and Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2015 Results on Friday March 27th 2015 - Press Releases
    03-26-15 04:11 PM
    Year-End and Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2015 Results
    Friday March 27, 2015 8am EST

Waterloo, ON � BlackBerry� (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) will be reporting results for the year-end and fourth quarter of fiscal 2015 on March 27th, 2015. A conference call and live webcast will be held beginning at 8 am ET, which can be accessed by dialing 1-888-503-8168 or by logging on at Investor Events - Canada.

A replay of the conference call will also be available at approximately 10 am ET by dialing 1-647-436- 0148 and entering pass code 8015758# or by clicking the link above. This replay will be available until midnight ET April 10th, 2015.

BlackBerry to Announce Year-End and Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2015 Results on Friday March 27th 2015 - Press Releases
    Thanks

bungaboy likes this.
    03-26-15 04:12 PM
    Tomorrow should be interesting.
    I was trying to find an article from about 2 or 3 months ago that talked about the CDN government lending 900 million to some company with 850 million ear marked for conversion to BlackBerry software and devices. Does anyone remember this? Not sure when the revenue was to be realized but if a good chunk was realized in the most recent quarter the numbers could easily blow past the consensus. This is assuming the article was accurate. I wish I could post the link but I can't find the article now.
    I still have my Z10 and came close to changing to the Passport but what I think I really want is an all screen passport. Does anyone see that as being an interesting product? The same size and specs as the Passport but with no keyboard and more gorilla glass. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be.
    Wishing you all a very cheerful morning. Here's hoping for a solid beat.
    Wouldn't it be cool if Mr. Chen had Faucette fried eggs for breakfast tomorrow?

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, morganplus8, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    03-26-15 04:57 PM
    BlackBerry moving up slightly in the after hours market.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, lech31 and bungaboy like this.
    03-26-15 05:05 PM
    Tomorrow should be interesting.
    I was trying to find an article from about 2 or 3 months ago that talked about the CDN government lending 900 million to some company with 850 million ear marked for conversion to BlackBerry software and devices. Does anyone remember this? Not sure when the revenue was to be realized but if a good chunk was realized in the most recent quarter the numbers could easily blow past the consensus. This is assuming the article was accurate. I wish I could post the link but I can't find the article now.
    I still have my Z10 and came close to changing to the Passport but what I think I really want is an all screen passport. Does anyone see that as being an interesting product? The same size and specs as the Passport but with no keyboard and more gorilla glass. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be.
    There you go:
    BlackBerry to get big boost from government deal with telecom giant Vodafone | Toronto Star
    03-26-15 05:13 PM

Posted via CB10

Hopefully JC and the gang fix that annoying leaky Faucette...

And yes, would love an All Touch Passport!! (preferably a la AT&T style)
    3MIKE, rarsen, theRock1975 and 9 others like this.
    03-26-15 05:19 PM
    I agree, the AT&T style would be my choice. The ultimate phablet. I think they would be a hot seller.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-26-15 06:10 PM
    Thanks for the post Corbu. That's what I was talking about but it is 750mill for BlackBerry not 850mill as I had said earlier.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    03-26-15 06:18 PM
    Thanks for the post Corbu. That's what I was talking about but it is 750mill for BlackBerry not 850mill as I had said earlier.
    Indeed. Over five years.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    03-26-15 06:21 PM
    Over 5 yrs...don't know when bbry gets those chunks of cash. Likely on an as needed basis. They probably put it in short term investments at 4% and pay the EDC 3%.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 07:24 PM
    Thanks again Corbu.

The way I see it is that the more 'conservative' analyst blurbs we see before ER, the more stable the stock price will be.
    03-26-15 07:44 PM
    I thought the same thing as you about the 5 years at first. Then I re-read the article and thought more that the loan is to be paid back in 5 years time but the money is loaned out in full at the time of the article. Who knows?
    Either way it still represents a lot of revenue at some point.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-26-15 08:07 PM
    On the Canso convertible bond issue...

I was going over a few posts from the last 48 hours and I would like to clear up what I think might be a misunderstanding attributable, originally, to our good friends at Bloomberg. It may be clear to some of you but it wasn't to me, until a few minutes ago. So here goes...

Remember this?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11459700

It said:

Someone had the good idea of posting the Canso Conference Call yesterday in an effort to clarify whether Canso converted or not.

Turns out they haven't, which is confirmed by this "corrected version" of the original Bloomberg story which ran the same day but went below the radar, it seems to me...
    Canso Investment Becomes Third-Largest BlackBerry Holder - Bloomberg Business

We are now talking about a "passive stake", which means that the bond has not been converted into shares. Canso still hold the convertible debt.

Hope this helps clarify the issue!

Cheers,
    Corbu...you are an absolute gem...well done and thank you for the dogged determination with sharing, your hard work is very much appreciated. .

Classically Posted.
    03-26-15 09:13 PM
    Usually only hedge funds and guys like Carl Ichann take a 10% or more position and then request a seat on the board. In his case, he feels a company is not using their assets (cash usually) to their fullest extent. He often requests a higher dividend be paid and share buybacks so that he can sell his 10% plus holdings into a strong market. Its fine to think he can make fundamental changes at a company but the vast majority of the time, he is bleeding it dry in favour of a quick profit. Not good.

For the majority of us, we buy common shares with no expectation of changing the way the company does business.
    Isn't he on the board at AAPL??

Classically Posted.
    03-26-15 09:17 PM
    Over 5 yrs...don't know when bbry gets those chunks of cash. Likely on an as needed basis. They probably put it in short term investments at 4% and pay the EDC 3%.

Posted via CB10
    That's an EDC loan to Vodafone to buy BlackBerry product over 5 yrs. Not nothing but not free Money to BlackBerry either. BTW probaby is funding available but no way to be sure Vodafone will use it all.

Posted with my flash Passport
    03-26-15 10:31 PM
    Just in case...one must protect some self respect and sanity.

Classically Posted.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150326_204852.jpg  
    03-26-15 11:23 PM
    Please disregard the DAC...unless you're into that type of thing.

Classically Posted.
    03-26-15 11:34 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150326_163550.jpg

Classically Posted.
    bspence87, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    03-26-15 11:34 PM
    That's what I meant to post...it's late...shoot me. Lol.

Classically Posted.
    CDM76, Corbu and Bacon Munchers like this.
    03-26-15 11:35 PM
    Bedtime Shane

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    Corbu and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-27-15 12:07 AM
    I had the pleasure to record Morgan's phone call with JC this morning...

(hard to believe he likes Maroon5......but yes, it's true)

03-27-15 12:37 AM
113,251 ... 32883289329032913292 ...