View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    For those of you who are fluent in German, quite a nice post with screen shots from BB10QQNX.DE:
    https://bb10qnx.de/2015/03/bbm-prote...le-verfuegbar/
    BBM Protected and Enterprise Communicator bundle available for all

I thought I would include a rough GT English version but it is rather long. GT does a fairly good job on German to English.
    Guten Tag!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 04:57 PM
    I think Friday morning to Friday mid-day will be the time to buy. The 800 million analyst consensus revenue number is meant to be high in order to drop the share price. I see the stock dropping 7-10% then quickly recovering to positive territory by the end of the day.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 04:58 PM
    I don't mind if BlackBerry abandoned headsets, just not Handsets. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 05:07 PM
    I think Friday morning to Friday mid-day will be the time to buy. The 800 million analyst consensus revenue number is meant to be high in order to drop the share price. I see the stock dropping 7-10% then quickly recovering to positive territory by the end of the day.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone thinks rev will be in the 800's

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 05:14 PM
    Here is a chart since 1999 and short interest (in pink)
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image001.png-01d06644.png

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 05:14 PM
    OT,
    There is lots of noise about 10.3.2 beta have bugs. Last I heard it is a "BETA".
    On the other hands, I have found that this the smoothest OS I ever loaded on the passport. I have no issues what so ever with it.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    03-24-15 05:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    If making money was so easy everyone would have been a billionare by now.

Nobody can predict how the market will react to the ER on Friday. The stock can go either up or down. If I have to throw in my bet, it'll hardly move at all. The option writers will collect the money as usual.
    03-24-15 05:40 PM
    Man, everyone is pinching in with their prediction...
    Here?s Why Wells Fargo & Co Is Bearish On BlackBerry Ltd
    Where were these analysts couple of weeks ago when the stock was 2 points higher? Anything we know now that we didn't then? Of course not, if you ignore all the BS downgrades based on nothing but speculations. Yea, we think, we believe, blah blah...
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, CDM76 and 7 others like this.
    03-24-15 05:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree 1000 percent! Since when and where has the "Wall Street" consensus been $820 million in revenue? Seems to me the share price would be doing a lot better right now if that was the case.
    03-24-15 05:46 PM
    I am concerned about all these recent downgrades. I am worried -

Is this a ploy to get cheap shares? But how much cheaper can they possibly hope for. It's already trading at book value.

Or

Has some (bad) information been leaked to them (as has happened several times)?

Posted via CB10
    95aero and sati01 like this.
    03-24-15 06:34 PM
    Came across this article today that published a table (labeled Figure 5 in the article) showing one way in which BBRY could achieve software revenue of $500M this year. I am trying to recreate the first part of the table that shows 4.8M paying BES licenses with an annual revenue of only $70M.

My understanding is that silver licenses are $25/y and gold are $80/y. The analyst applies a 20% discount factor; silver $20/y and gold $64/y. Using his assumptions of 4.8M licenses, 20% discount, 25% silver and 75% gold, I get $252 M/y revenue....he calculates only $70 M/y. Can someone tell me what I am missing?

BlackBerry Ltd Should Exit Devices: UBS
    laketrout73 likes this.
    03-24-15 07:00 PM

Well done!
    sidhuk, bungaboy, 3MIKE and 8 others like this.
    03-24-15 07:05 PM
    Here is a chart since 1999 and short interest (in pink)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image001.png@01D06644.png 
Views:	1461 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	343571

Posted via CB10
    Said it before and I'll say it again... I love your avatar. Makes me want to go dig through my very small watch collection and search for new treasures. Thanks for being here bud.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    03-24-15 07:37 PM
    Well TD Securities says buy. With a price target $13 USD. Now that's the kind of optimism I can get behind.

TD Securities Inc. - Action Notes
    03-24-15 07:42 PM
    OT,
    There is lots of noise about 10.3.2 beta have bugs. Last I heard it is a "BETA".
    On the other hands, I have found that this the smoothest OS I ever loaded on the passport. I have no issues what so ever with it.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    OT -
    Heck, well in that case, I might as well check out how it runs on the Z30!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-24-15 07:53 PM
    Chrysaurora, Buddy, this is the same Ole same Ole. Every quarter, right before ER we hear the same Ole song, although from different analysts, but it's the same Ole song. Of course there are those that have an advantage or need to keep the SP down, much like other stocks have their haters. Eventually though, those individuals will run out of ammo and quickly disappear and make their way to a different stock. You have to have faith in your investment or reconsider your position in BBRY. There's going to be great days and crappy weeks until those analysts finally see BlackBerry is now more than just devices and some secure software. Wait until the shipping industry starts generating revenue, along with QNX, as well as enterprise services to corporations. You've been around quite a while friend, have faith brother.

Posted via Passport
    03-24-15 08:13 PM
    Prompted by a tweet from a Bbry bull. BES 12 client on Android is over 5 million downloads and 4 stars.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150324_181212.png

Posted via CB10

Many of these might be from the free EZ Pass days. Keeping in mind there is no cost to download it, it just won't work unless there is a license on the server side.
    lcjr, 3MIKE, Corbu and 15 others like this.
    03-24-15 08:14 PM
    More pre-ER articles....

BlackBerry is still a takeover target, says Cormark

"BlackBerry�s (TSX:BB) turnaround is still a work in progress, but there are catalysts that could propel it higher, says Cormark analyst Richard Tse.
    On Friday, BlackBerry will report its fourth quarter and fiscal 2015 results.

Tse expects the fourth quarter will be soft. He thinks the company will lose $0.07 a share on revenue of $763-million, well below the street consensus of a $0.04 loss on a topline of $797-million (all figures in U.S. dollars). The analyst says the decline will be driven by a fall in service revenue. He notes that the BlackBerry Classic was launched late in quarter, and as such will provide little help.

The Cormark analyst says despite his take on he is still �holding out hope� for BlackBerry. He says no clear leader has emerged in the Mobile device management/Enterprise mobility management space (MDM/EMM), with companies like MobileIron, AirWatch, and Good Technologies all weighing in at a less than 25% market share. Tse thinks the opportunity for BlackBerry in this space is real, and notes that research firm Radicati thinks it will grow to $5.75-billion by 2018.

Another catalyst Tse thinks is not off the table is the possibility of a takeover.

�We still believe it�s a target,� said Tse. �Despite the on-and-off acquisition talk for BlackBerry, we continue to believe this remains a credible thesis. Why? It goes beyond just the MDM/EMM opportunity. We continue to see meaningful potential with BlackBerry�s IoT opportunity via QNX which is present in over 50 MM vehicles with arguably the greatest coverage in that market with a potential to upsell new services on that mobile operating system�.

In a research update to clients this morning, Tse maintained his �Buy (Speculative)� rating on BlackBerry, but lowered his one year price target on the stock from $17.00 to $14.00.
    "
    lcjr, jxnb, Corbu and 13 others like this.
    03-24-15 08:16 PM
    Hi Munx,

Thanks for sharing the article.

The article talks about intentions by major companies with respect to EMM.

In my company we are not concerned about the number of companies we deal with but the number of revenue each company generates.

Let me explain further. If company A, B, and C generate $100 in revenue. But company D generate $75 in revenue. All I need is to sell more of company D size to exceed the sales target.

I suspect given BBRY's traditional target market they remain in the very large corporate market (company D) And the rest of the players are pushing towards the BBRY target market.

If buying intentions remain unchanged for the industry then this is a positive for BBRY since they are still the service carrier choice in their target market.

With respect to software sales, there are also services attached to BES12. For example dual sim, vpn access via mobile, secucall etc. that are all part of services for BES12 that could add to the bottom line. Perhaps that is what is missing in there?
    03-24-15 08:28 PM
    As far as revs and EPS I'm inclined to agree with Cormark. Though the loss may be less, due to higher HW GP and share dilution.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 09:17 PM
    As far as revs and EPS I'm inclined to agree with Cormark. Though the loss may be less, due to higher HW GP and share dilution.

Posted via CB10
    I'm really hoping that rockstar settlement pushes them into the black

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    03-24-15 09:48 PM
    I am concerned about all these recent downgrades. I am worried -

Is this a ploy to get cheap shares? But how much cheaper can they possibly hope for. It's already trading at book value.

Or

Has some (bad) information been leaked to them (as has happened several times)?

Posted via CB10
    They all seem to be "downgrading " the stock but upping revenue expectations. Is freaking ridiculous. Why is SEC not investigating this stock ????

Posted via CB10
    Heinz Katchup, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    03-24-15 10:12 PM
    Market manipulation of stocks traded on US stock exchanges will get those convicted a long stint in a fed lockup with heavy fines & restitution !!
    03-24-15 10:17 PM
    Prompted by a tweet from a Bbry bull. BES 12 client on Android is over 5 million downloads and 4 stars.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150324_181212.png 
Views:	1524 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	343603

Posted via CB10

Many of these might be from the free EZ Pass days. Keeping in mind there is no cost to download it, it just won't work unless there is a license on the server side.
    Thanks for sharing this! The Release date is for Feb 26-2015, so it wouldn't be because of the EZ pass.
    Still a good number to see.
    03-24-15 10:36 PM
    They all seem to be "downgrading " the stock but upping revenue expectations. Is freaking ridiculous. Why is SEC not investigating this stock ????
    Ahhh, it's Spring 2013 all over again! Now all we need to do is get the bullish Seeking Alpha contributors, like Michael Blair, George Kesarios, and a few others, back and we'd have 2013-redux!

Let's hope we win this time. LOL
    (no seriously. We need to win.)
    03-24-15 10:46 PM
113,256 ... 32803281328232833284 ...