View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    FFT:
    What is it with all those analysts and experts who want BBRY to exit devices, where we are lead to believe that they will be either marginally profitable or neutral in that respect? Are they so concerned by BBRY's long-term well-being? Who would profit if BBRY exited devices?
    03-24-15 12:02 PM
    FFT:
    What is it with all those analysts and experts who want BBRY to exit devices, where we are lead to believe that they will be either marginally profitable or neutral in that respect? Are they so concerned by BBRY's long-term well-being? Who would profit if BBRY exited devices?
    As long as handsets are neutral to the bottom line, or better yet, carry some of the fixed costs, why would you drop a product or a brand that could one day hit a home-run with consumers? It is possible that they could pull enough positives together to make selling 10 MM handsets very profitable. At some point Apple product owners will wake up and realize they have been 2-years behind the rest of the world in technology/innovation. We keep hearing the same old dribble from these analysts, it never ends.
    03-24-15 12:11 PM
    FFT:
    I see their point, but disagree (as does Chen)

They're saying that the devices weigh on the software, while the company is trying to use software to improve brand image and sell more devices

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 12:12 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files (note it is a bit long but interesting) for after hours reading:

The undercover war on your internet secrets: How online surveillance cracked our trust in the web - Feature - TechRepublic
    Online, encryption surrounds us, binds us, identifies us. It protects things like our credit card transactions and medical records, encoding them so that - unless you have the key - the data appears to be meaningless nonsense. Encryption is one of the elemental forces of the web, even though it goes unnoticed and unremarked by the billions of people that use it every day. As such, the outcome of this war over privacy will have huge implications for the future of the web itself. "There's a lot of na�vet� about cryptography as to thinking it's just about keeping something safe on your disk." "The trouble is that everybody relies on encryption on the internet. So if you were to ban it, you would make it almost impossible to do any business online."
    03-24-15 12:16 PM
    FFT:
    Well said!

Reduce the amount of phone released to one per year. Department cost will decline and refocus the 75% saving to software and other direction. Giving up on hardware is a permanent decision. Let's look into the future, what Blackberry is releasing a phone! What a joke, they failed and now they are coming out with a phone. Yeah right, I'll be the first in line. Back to the present, BlackBerry claim to security is from end to end, without it they can no longer claim it.

Who really wants BlackBerry to exit the hardware! (Just to add to Corbu list)

Why doesn't BlackBerry just put a big white flag in front of their building.
    03-24-15 12:21 PM
    Why doesn't BlackBerry just put a big white flag in front of their building.
    Because then they may have to take down the flag with the big middle finger to wall street. They're still around, churning out new devices, improving their OS, gaining more and more experience with mobility and security, finding new avenues to grow (IoT).

Too many flags confuse the message.
    03-24-15 12:42 PM
    For sure these articles know how to to have coordinated attack to support any kind of case. i am glad that I been learning through this group that how market manipulation, media bullying works. I do not trust any news, annalist. experts, politicians etc.
    when it comes to blackberry, i try to remember what John Chen has said in videos only and make my decision accordingly. stay clear from vultures.
    03-24-15 12:50 PM
    Because then they may have to take down the flag with the big middle finger to wall street. They're still around, churning out new devices, improving their OS, gaining more and more experience with mobility and security, finding new avenues to grow (IoT).

Too many flags confuse the message.
    Good laugh!

Just give them the finger and continue moving forward. I trust John Chen and the Blackberry team to do what is best. But don't listen to dictators coming from left field.
    georg4BB and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-24-15 12:54 PM
    And this was just 3 weeks ago that John Chen talking about Hardware.
    Corbu, jxnb, morganplus8 and 12 others like this.
    03-24-15 01:06 PM
    OT: HALO
    Hey Morgan, I haven't been following HALO for the last couple of weeks but does it seem like a good time to start a position in it again? $13.85 seems very tempting
    Thanks a bunch M8
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-24-15 01:25 PM
    Apparently Goldman was busy at the close yesterday in Toronto

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-goldman.jpg
    03-24-15 01:35 PM
    Apparently Goldman was busy at the close yesterday in Toronto

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	goldman.JPG 
Views:	1395 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	343538
    So can you elaborate please

#BBFactCheck
    03-24-15 01:39 PM
    So what you are all saying....

It's ok to pi$$ in the wind...as long as the wind is behind us!!

Let the drinking continue!!

Lol
    03-24-15 02:00 PM
    So can you elaborate please
    Usually I don't editorialize and let the information take you where it may. I see a couple of ways to interpret the information:

Goldman is buying shares contrary to its sell recommendation or it will sell off the shares Friday morning to add weight to its sell report.

I'm open to other interpretations.
    sidhuk, lech31, Mr BBRY and 8 others like this.
    03-24-15 02:01 PM
    I read "by Broker". If Goldman is a "broker" in the transaction it can be for any customer.

Didn't you see the beginning of "Trading Places"

03-24-15 02:06 PM
    Man, everyone is pinching in with their prediction...
    Here?s Why Wells Fargo & Co Is Bearish On BlackBerry Ltd

Analysts at Wells Fargo are Bearish on Blackberry as they anticipate a decline of 9% in revenues in their upcoming fourth quarter

Analysts at Wells Fargo believe that BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) is currently fully valued as it is going towards its earnings, pointing out several strategic actions like restructuring and multi-platform strategies that can cause a surge in its stock price. However, analysts believe that the company’s revenue and performance are most likely to disappoint, and has given a market perform rating to the stock.

Recently, BlackBerry has lost its place in the mobile industry as demand for their mobile has significantly decreased over the past few years. The Ontario-based company has lost its global market share which went down to 0.4% as of 2014, according to the IDC report released last month.

According to Street estimates, the revenue figure should gain by 1.1% in the fourth quarter. However, Wells Fargo believes that their estimates are too optimistic and anticipate a fall of 9%, because their sales of BlackBerry Classic device can be pushed to the upcoming quarter.

The company has successfully improved capital expenditures which can offset the loss arising from negative revenue pressure. Although, this EPS beat arising from the reduced capital expenditure is not material to the company’s long term prospects. Furthermore, BlackBerry face risks arising from the transition in their business model, prospective share loss and uncertainty regarding the demand of their BB10.

Wells Fargo is valuing BlackBerry between a price range of $9.50 and $10.50. They further wave off any speculation regarding the sale of the company, as the chances of that happening remains low. Out of 36 analysts polled by Bloomberg, 5 rate the stock a Buy, 20 rate the stock a Hold and 11 rate it a Sell. The 12-month consensus target price is $9.11. The stock is currently up 0.37% at $9.56 during the mid-day trading session.
    03-24-15 02:21 PM
    Morganplus8 is right. They can't give up headsets as long as they are close to neutral money-making wise. They drive revenue and are the brand's identity.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 02:26 PM
    Thanks corbu. It's nothing new compared to the last er.

#BBFactCheck
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    03-24-15 02:27 PM
    OT: HALO
    Hey Morgan, I haven't been following HALO for the last couple of weeks but does it seem like a good time to start a position in it again? $13.85 seems very tempting
    Thanks a bunch M8
    Yes! I like HALO below $ 14.00 big time but I'm also going crazy for more BlackBerry. I have been buying stock, selling naked calls and opening my largest position in BBRY yet. At this point even a 1/2 buck move to $ 10.00 is awesome. When you don't see me posting and yet I'm around the thread, you know I'm making a big play. Can't wait for Friday, we had to close over $ 9.57/shr today to begin a new bull run and we look to be doing that this afternoon. So HALO around $ 13.85/shr is a buy and BBRY prior to Friday morning is a buy too. Too much fun here! GL
    03-24-15 02:43 PM
    For those of you who are fluent in German, quite a nice post with screen shots from BB10QQNX.DE:
    https://bb10qnx.de/2015/03/bbm-prote...le-verfuegbar/
    BBM Protected and Enterprise Communicator bundle available for all

I thought I would include a rough GT English version but it is rather long. GT does a fairly good job on German to English.
    03-24-15 02:57 PM
    Short interest

3/13/2015 95,573,854

2/27/2015 88,269,202
    03-24-15 03:06 PM
    Short interest up
    3/13/2015 95,573,854
    lech31, Corbu, morganplus8 and 7 others like this.
    03-24-15 03:06 PM
    Short interest up
    3/13/201595,573,854
    Just to make things even more exciting!
    Oh man, a beat would be crazy at this point!

Who knows how many more piled in, in the last two weeks due to these analysts!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 03:47 PM
    Short interest up
    3/13/201595,573,854
    Not something to celebrate.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-24-15 04:02 PM
    Short interest up
    3/13/201595,573,854
    Great I hope it's retail and not the criminals.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 04:34 PM
113,256 ... 32793280328132823283 ...