View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files from the world's largest Internet market:

China?s Internet Boom Starts to Fade - Bloomberg Business
    Half of the 14 Chinese dot-coms that debuted in the U.S. last year are now trading below their initial sale prices. Investor confidence, so high when Alibaba brought its record $25 billion initial public offering to market last September, is being undermined now by a wave of poor earnings at Chinese technology companies. Buoyed by the growth prospect of the world�s largest Internet market with 649 million users, investors assigned higher valuations for the Chinese companies than their U.S. peers at the IPOs. Intensifying competition and spending increases, however, are taking a toll on revenue growth, prompting investors to now scale back those valuations. �Investors will be a little bit pickier this year, but there is still a lot of interest in the sector,�

Personally believe we are fortunate to have a John Chen who is ideally suited to comprehend long-term market drivers, and continues a careful organized approach for the win of BB.
    03-23-15 12:14 PM
    Am I the only one that is absolutely thoughtless as they to what to expect from ER?

I'm aware of all of the business moves that Chen has made, and the potential outcome, but it is nearly impossible to anticipate how far they have come along!

All we have is extracted tidbits from comments by Chen...

Makes me incredibly nervous going into the ER, betting a large chunk of my money on one man's reputation!

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, lech31, alludba and 1 others like this.
    03-23-15 12:56 PM
    Am I the only one that is absolutely thoughtless as they to what to expect from ER?

I'm aware of all of the business moves that Chen has made, and the potential outcome, but it is nearly impossible to anticipate how far they have come along!

Makes me incredibly nervous going into the ER, betting a large chunk of my money on one man's reputation!

Posted via CB10
    If you're nervous, pull some out so you don't need as much exposure.

I'm expecting a slight decline in revenue, as per guidance, but a higher than anticipated profit due to Passport sales. I'm also expecting a slight bump up in cash. Of course, this could be way off and I don't have any skin in the game so don't take it for anything more than simply one man's opinion.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 01:02 PM

I'm expecting a slight decline in revenue, as per guidance, but a higher than anticipated profit due to Passport sales. I'm also expecting a slight bump up in cash. Of course, this could be way off and I don't have any skin in the game so don't take it for anything more than simply one man's opinion.

Posted via CB10
    If you are in for the long haul and can take high risk then what is to lose? I'm still confident able the upcoming results and will buy on dip.

#BBFactCheck
    03-23-15 01:26 PM
    If you are in for the long haul and can take high risk then what is to lose? I'm still confident able the upcoming results and will buy on dip.

#BBFactCheck
    I wasn't giving advice, just giving an opinion. If someone is nervous about the outcome, taking the steps to be less nervous can be helpful. If it's a long term investment and quarter by quarter ups and downs don't matter, then by all means, throw caution to the wind, but if that were the case, then, in theory, one wouldn't be nervous.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 01:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's all the noise that's been creeping up on you, distracting you. Shake it off, be cool and sit back. It is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 01:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Really no skin in the game, with over 6,000 posts in 2 1/2 years. So what is your game?

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-23-15 01:40 PM
    Thanks all for your input.

I am definitely in it for the long haul! This is just a very, very pivotal quarter and we have no hard evidence to go on. We all know their products are top-notch but that didn't help BB10!

Going to be a long, balding week!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 01:49 PM
    Really no skin in the game, with over 6,000 posts in 2 1/2 years. So what is your game?

Posted via CB10
    Had a rough couple of years financially so had to pull out. Will be back in in due time.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 01:49 PM

Posted via CB10

It shouldn't matter to you if CJ is currently invested BlackBerry or not. He has been invaluable in posting charts and supplying information to this thread regardless of whether he currently holds the stock or not. Not everyone owns BB for years, some sell and try something else in the interim. He is welcome to visit this board any time he wishes to post here.
    03-23-15 01:51 PM
    Good luck I for one always appreciate your contribution to this thread!
    Had a rough couple of years financially so had to pull out. Will be back in in due time.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 03:07 PM
    Yup, gonna be a long week!
    03-23-15 03:20 PM
    OT, kinda....quick little blurb on why QNX is the market leader concerning critical systems:
    http://onqpl.blogspot.ca/2015/03/the...ernel.html?m=1

Classically Posted.
    03-23-15 03:26 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Safety files, for after-hours reading:

The 21 Most Inspirational Elon Musk Quotes - Tesla Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA), (SCTY) | Benzinga
    03-23-15 03:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'd have you in my corner any day of the week!
    03-23-15 03:31 PM
    Can BlackBerry Have Positive Free Cash Flow? - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) - 24/7 Wall St.

Thomson Reuters has consensus estimates of -$0.04 in EPS and $802.29 million in revenue for the fourth quarter. The Thomson Reuters consensus estimates for actual earnings from operations see a loss this year and next. The consensus is -$0.15 EPS for the year-end FEB-2015 and -$0.08 EPS for the year-end FEB-2016.
    03-23-15 04:18 PM
    Thanks all for your input.

I am definitely in it for the long haul! This is just a very, very pivotal quarter and we have no hard evidence to go on. We all know their products are top-notch but that didn't help BB10!

Going to be a long, balding week!

Posted via CB10
    I'd be a little more nervous if we were still sitting around $11. That I could see a good drop to low 9s. But at 9.50.....I can take the drop to low 9s. I see more the potential for more upside than downside after the numbers are released.
    03-23-15 05:15 PM
    Just my personal opinion, but I don't think we'll have these entry points much longer. Here soon the SP will be too high for folks like me to accumulate shares. I thinks that's a good thing too, we've been waiting patiently and watching BlackBerry develop across platforms such as shipping, automotive, corporate, all while keeping us happy too. Just a matter of time but I think when it starts it will be fast and powerful. Can't wait!

Posted via Passport
    03-23-15 06:09 PM
    Just my personal opinion, but I don't think we'll have these entry points much longer. Here soon the SP will be too high for folks like me to accumulate shares. I thinks that's a good thing too, we've been waiting patiently and watching BlackBerry develop across platforms such as shipping, automotive, corporate, all while keeping us happy too. Just a matter of time but I think when it starts it will be fast and powerful. Can't wait!

Posted via Passport
    I hope you are right !!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 06:18 PM
    BlackBerry: Will Big Miss on Friday Prove Tipping Point? Asks RBC - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

By Tiernan Ray

BlackBerry (BBRY) reports earnings this coming Friday, March 28th, before market open, and RBC Capital Markets‘s Mark Sue today offers his preview of what to look for, opining that it could mark a “rebuilding point” for the company and its stock.

For that tipping-point moment, Sue is projecting a really big miss: $661 million in revenue for the three months ended in February, well below consensus of $804 million, based on his expectation the company will sell 1.3 million smartphone units.

His EPS projection is for a 7-cent loss per share, worse than consensus for a 3-cent loss, as lower revenue makes it harder to absorb operating expenses of about $390 million per quarter, he opines.

Moving forward, Sue has revenue picking up each quarter, with perhaps $729.2 million in the May quarter, $730.73 million in August, $724 million in November, and $739 million in the year-out February quarter. The company may break-even by the February quarter of next year, he estimates.

The current year may not yet be the year for hardware profits, he opines, but things are looking up:

BlackBerry’s new Classic seems to be having a decent start, though will have a limited impact on F4Q, considering the handset launched halfway through the quarter. With devices now GM positive, 8M-10M units are needed to have scale for profitability. We’re expecting 7.6M BB10 units in FY16.

More important, BlackBerry is becoming more and more of a software company, and he’s looking for evidence of gains in that respect:

We’re looking for proof-points of a pathway towards its $500M software revenue target for FY16. BES 12 billings growth will be critical and so it’s about EZ Pass transition beta/legacy customers to BES 12. BlackBerry’s winning back some die-hard enterprise customers. BlackBerry’s partnering with Samsung, IBM and others to leverage its security expertise. Subscription billings growth may have to be meaningfully higher with subscription revenues recognized ratably. We’re comfortable with better QNX contributions; estimated at ~ $100M. On BBM, it’s still early to call whether BlackBerry can monetize its 90M users to generate $100M in revenues/yr, possible for a few dollars/yr. EMM market is growing so little business risk. Our survey work shows increasing BYOD penetration driven by improved productivity. EMM’s evolving beyond MDM helping stabilize and even improve ASPs. We’re feeling incrementally better about BlackBerry’s market opportunity, particularly in regulated industries. According to our checks, MobileIron and VMware/AirWatch seem to be gaining share, while Good and others are shedding share. BlackBerry has ~7-8M enterprise subs and there’s an opportunity to transition to a software subscriber base. Considering mix of perpetual/subscription, billings may need to be meaningfully higher. In CY14, AirWatch had ~$200M in annual billings, MobileIron was at $145M (+45% YoY) with Good has $221M (+14% YoY) in annual billings for CY14.

BlackBerry shares today closed up a penny at $9.52. The stock is up 3.7% in the past 12 months but down 13% so far this year.
    03-23-15 07:00 PM
    According to our checks, MobileIron and VMware/AirWatch seem to be gaining share, while Good and others are shedding share.
    MobileIron CEO said exactly the same.
    03-23-15 08:53 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Would be great if BlackBerry could report numbers this quarter which top those competitors .. and lay claim to number one …
    03-23-15 09:07 PM
    MobileIron CEO said exactly the same.
    A template used by all!
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    03-23-15 09:13 PM
    Stopped reading at "Friday March 28"....
    "Big miss"....the irony of it all....
    03-23-15 09:29 PM
    Who wants to go back and look at the RBC targets? Didn't he have a $6 target a year ago?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:28 PM
113,256 ... 32773278327932803281 ...