View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sorry for the delay, I just got in the door here. I think there might have been a leak on that second fast tracking drug combo in front of the FDA. That is a pure guess and mainly based upon the volume and it breaking its 50-dma. I figured if they didn't get fast track, the stock would fall back to $ 14.00 and we are close now. I sold a large block as my range for HALO was $ 14 - $ 16 without the second fast track approval. So now it is time to get back in next week. I don't see any news but I would think the rumour mill would be able to know if the meeting with the FDA went well. I'll see what I can find out here.

I see BBRY couldn't hold onto its $ 9.65 level today on light volume. Maybe all of that bashing is paying off for GS/MS?
    Morgan,

Two requests:
    1) please create a BBM Group or Channel
    2) when you trade, tell BBM Assistant to "Send a BBM to MyCBFollowers, subject BUY (or SELL) <insert stock name>, SEND"
    3) add us to the group/channel. <-- ok three requests, and this is critical.

LOL

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 06:42 PM
    Also agree that BES uptake and guidance is going to be incredibly important. The concern is a particularly poor revenue figure may outweigh any positive guidance given the need to build from a lower base. Here is the video in which the reporter alleges Blackberry was talking analysts down on revenue for the quarter (2 min mark):

BNN - Watch TV Online | BlackBerry?s future: Prem Watsa vs. Goldman Sachs
    Well we can't pin anyone because it's from the media and not directly with any name mentioned so...

#BBFactCheck
    03-20-15 07:43 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1426906408245.jpg

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    03-20-15 11:33 PM
    Morgan,

Two requests:
    1) please create a BBM Group or Channel
    2) when you trade, tell BBM Assistant to "Send a BBM to MyCBFollowers, subject BUY (or SELL) <insert stock name>, SEND"
    3) add us to the group/channel. <-- ok three requests, and this is critical.

LOL

Posted via CB10
    +10000000000000

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 02:15 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security general files, nothing new but still thought provoquing as we are told <Keep Calm and Bee Doo Bee Doo> as others in their infinite wisdom, are making decisions they say we are incapable or are not important enough for making ourselves. What happened to that recurring line "Your privacy is our most important concern, you can rest assured of our full confidence" ?

Everyday ways your personal privacy is under threat | ZDNet
    Corbu, Shanerredflag, jxnb and 7 others like this.
    03-21-15 09:04 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security general files, nothing new but still thought provoquing as we are told <Keep Calm and Bee Doo Bee Doo> as others in their infinite wisdom, are making decisions they say we are incapable or are not important enough for making ourselves. What happened to that recurring line "Your privacy is our most important concern, you can rest assured of our full confidence" ?

Everyday ways your personal privacy is under threat | ZDNet
    Ruddock revealed his carefree attitude toward his personal privacy later in the day.

"I do not care how many police officers find out who is talking to me, who is visiting me, and so on. I am behaving properly."
    03-21-15 09:08 AM
    Not a bad read:
    Believe In BlackBerry

Doubts for this company are only held by the ignorant. Let’s take a quick look at why Goldman Sachs downgraded BlackBerry’s stock to a ‘Sell’ rating from ‘Neutral’. Their reason was because they didn’t believe BlackBerry could meet expectations to move ahead of market leaders in a year’s time by doubling its software sales to about $500 million. It’s hilarious how analysts went from saying BlackBerry was “dead” to BlackBerry has “no new competitive products and services” to BlackBerry “cannot meet high expectations” in a matter of 18 months. The Canadian company continues to disprove analysts and will continue to do so. Numbers don’t reveal the entire story and as BlackBerry transitions into more of a software services company, expect analysts and “shorters” to run amok with superfluous predictions.
    03-21-15 09:23 AM
    As we get ready for this week's ER, I thought I would extract some relevant parts (JC quotes) from the last EC. Nothing that you guys don't already know but just to refresh our collective memories as we are all anxious to see things improve... And they will!

We expect to remain cash flow positive and continue to expect to achieve sustainable profitability sometime in the FY '16 timeframe.

[…]

It is my belief that we can grow and stabilize the revenue or stabilize and grow the revenue of the company in FY '16 and while we will make every attempt to stay profitable going forward, sustainable profitability only comes from revenue growth and that is certainly our strategy here.

[…]

To see this revenue growth we probably need a couple of quarters and I will explain that a little later. […] I see about one more transition -- we call it a transition quarters, the one that you just saw in Q3, in terms of revenue as we ramp up the volume in Classic, which we just announced, followed by revenue stabilizing and sequential growth sometime in FY '16 as some of our investments start to gain traction.

[…]

We are committed to making the BES 12 the leader in the cloud platform EMM, the Enterprise Mobility Management segment.

[…]

So I think, first of all, yes, I am still on the path of doubling our software revenue the next year. So just to make sure we have gone through the numbers correctly, today we talked to you about $250 million. That's inclusive both licensing, license and technical support. We are expecting in our plan to double that numbers for next year. I expect to see the monetization to start kicking in, in the second quarter, Q2. It's roughly about a six to nine quarter thing. So you add it, you start it by a November timeframe. I think by June of next year I should see some good traction.
    Cheers,
    03-21-15 10:26 AM
    It's so quiet around here, thought I would add some new data to the long list of things to look for while investing. Here are the 25,000 and up block trades for BBRY on Friday. Note that BBRY traded about 7.7 MM shares on Friday and yet there aren't that many blocks at this level:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-block-25000-mar-20.png

Now let's look at HALO yesterday, there you can see when the block trades started and each entry is for 5,000 shares of more. Note the size of those trades and how they mostly occur within a couple of hours towards the end of the day.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-5000-shr-block-trades-mar-20.png

There was absolutely no news at that time of day, it appears that someone dumped their holdings on Friday for some reason, a large Fund etc., I can't figure it out but they seem to have come from one source. You can call up the brokers for that trade and see who it is that is dumping the shares along with whose is buying those shares. I'll continue to look into it over the weekend.

This is just one more way to try and understand what is happening on a high volume day. We have BBRY trading with normal volume and a wide variety of players versus HALO seeing huge volume and someone there to buy up all of those shares on a quiet late afternoon.
    03-21-15 10:36 AM
    Thanks Morgan! Just stopping in to catch up on all the action in here and support those supporting blackberry and BBRY. I'm definitely looking forward to next week and whatever media drops on us. Makes for an interesting week. I hope everyone has a safe and pleasant weekend and feel for those still shoveling snow up North.

Posted via Passport
    bungaboy, rarsen, Corbu and 12 others like this.
    03-21-15 11:24 AM
    Thanks Morgan! Just stopping in to catch up on all the action in here and support those supporting blackberry and BBRY. I'm definitely looking forward to next week and whatever media drops on us. Makes for an interesting week. I hope everyone has a safe and pleasant weekend and feel for those still shoveling snow up North.

Posted via Passport
    This is my shovel!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bv10-boss-v-plow-10.jpg
    rarsen, Corbu, 3MIKE and 10 others like this.
    03-21-15 11:34 AM
    03-21-15 01:27 PM
    2 charts with the previous downtrend that we have been in for the past 7 years and starting to breakout, the first chart is a Weekly from the previous highs (since 2007) and the second is the same but zoomed in to the past 3 years (2012). You can see that we have traded along the lines and even after breaking through them. The pink lines are the downtrend and the green the uptrend.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-dt-ut.png

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-dt-ut-2.png
    03-21-15 03:43 PM
    Little OT, great industry article written by Chris Ault from QNX...explains benefits vs hurdles in the medical device field:
    http://www.medicaldesignbriefs.com/c...features/21687

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, CDM76 and 11 others like this.
    03-22-15 05:01 AM
    Nothing really new, but it's out there...
    From the FT:
    http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/fde6b...#axzz3V8Adjk5m

Chen banks on BlackBerry pivot into software to stop decline

David Crow in New York

Every year the great and good of global telecoms descend on Barcelona for Mobile World Congress, the industry’s trade fair. Back in 2008, BlackBerry held a glitzy party to celebrate the launch of the latest model in its range of qwerty-keyboard handsets, which then accounted for one in five smartphone sales. Almost 500 guests turned up to sip champagne in the 14th century Casa Llotja de Mar, one of Catalonia’s most celebrated buildings, and to listen to entertainment from Jamie Cullum, the British jazz-pop artist.

Fast-forward to earlier this month and BlackBerry was again in Barcelona to launch a smartphone, the touchscreen Leap. This time it chose a small suite in a drab business centre, about 10 minutes from the main conference venue, to unveil the device. There was neither music nor champagne, although, to be fair, things kicked off at 8am. The disparity between the two events provided another sign of the sharp decline in the pioneering smartphone maker’s fortunes. The company’s share of the global smartphone market is now less than 1 per cent.

Since coming out of retirement at the end of 2013 to try to turn BlackBerry around, chief executive John Chen has launched five smartphones, stopped the company burning through cash and even managed to turn a small quarterly profit. Yet the company has been haemorrhaging revenues, which stood at $793m last quarter, a decline of almost a third on a year earlier.

In Barcelona earlier this month, Mr Chen acknowledged the difficulties but pleaded for more time. “Yes, we have revenue that is depleting . . . the road-map will take a few years to gel, but we will make money out of it,” he said.

In an effort to find a new source of growth, Mr Chen’s plan is to perform a tricky pivot away from shipments of its unpopular phones and into selling software and services to companies. BlackBerry has already introduced a suite of solutions designed to help businesses manage their employees’ handsets, even if they use Apple iPhones or Samsung Galaxys. One such product allows a user to be billed separately for private and business use of the same device; another offers encryption and anti-eavesdropping services for governments and large corporations.

“We are going to make sure our software addresses everybody’s phone — wearables, vending machines, a rice cooker in your house — anything that has an IP address,” Mr Chen said in Barcelona.

He has said annual revenue from software and services could double to $500m in its fiscal 2016, but investors and analysts are turning bearish. The company’s shares, which added 50 per cent in 2014, have fallen about 12 per cent since the start of the year.

If BlackBerry is to find the extra $250m, it will need to steal business from other companies that help corporations manage employee mobile phones, a space dominated by AirWatch and Mobile Iron, which have combined revenues of $313m.

Simona Jankowski, a Goldman Sachs analyst who recently downgraded the company’s stock to “sell”, is sceptical. “While we view BlackBerry’s solution as fairly competitive from a technology perspective, we believe its implied target of $250m in incremental revenues is likely unachievable,” she says. “It would far exceed the total estimated revenues of market leaders . . . despite coming to market years later.”

Until BlackBerry has built a credible software service, it will have to rely on sales of its handsets. The company has convinced the biggest US carriers, Verizon and AT&T, to carry its latest devices — the almost square Passport and the more conventional Classic — but early indications suggest they are not selling very well.

James Faucette, an analyst at Morgan Stanley, says he thinks the company’s Classic, which launched in December, will struggle to hit sales of between 2m and 3m in its fiscal 2016. Unless BlackBerry can meet those targets, Mr Faucette believes its hardware business will be unprofitable.

“Initial software sales are sporadic, while some . . . resellers are dropping BlackBerry from their line-up and initial Classic sales are not tracking anywhere close to where they likely need to be,” says Mr Faucette.

BlackBerry still has a loyal, if small, fan base, who must hope the company will still be launching smartphones in Barcelona in another seven years. By then, investors will know whether Mr Chen’s turnround plan has worked.
    rarsen, bungaboy, kadakn01 and 7 others like this.
    03-22-15 11:06 AM
    Something to think about: the BlackBerry Passport is an amazing device, and, as with the Z30 before, 99% of the population don't know it exists. How long is the who-cares-about-advertising phase going to last?

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-22-15 11:34 AM
    Something to think about: the BlackBerry Passport is an amazing device, and, as with the Z30 before, 99% of the population don't know it exists. How long is the who-cares-about-advertising phase going to last?

Posted via CB10
    It'll come when the money does. Can't spend money you don't have!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 11:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    The best advertising is people like us walking around showing them off. Not a single coworker of mine has evaded my bragging on my z30

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    03-22-15 11:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    What? Why think about that?

Waaaaaaaay past that.
    Don't even think of BlackBerry and handsets anymore....

Too exited about their new business plan
    03-22-15 11:48 AM
    Lol okay

Posted via CB10
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    03-22-15 12:16 PM
    Nothing really new, but it's out there...
    From the FT:
    http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/fde6b...#axzz3V8Adjk5m
    They most take customers and rev from other companies? How dumb are these people. Have they ever thought that they might create new rev stream from existing customers

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 12:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ads have been increasing lately. For example Ms Web page has the classic ads, shows on TV have been advertising the passport and the classic. John Chen has got some free air time for them and he has been doing a good job at it.
    This quarter might be in question, because it's a transitional period, but I have seen an increase in ads. Just haven't seen the full blown ads all over, because it doesn't fit John Chen vision at this time.

Ot:

The bar for hardware has been set pretty low with 1.5 million devices last quarter. On thing that stands out to me, is that the classic wasn't released in this quarter to the Indonesia market, or South Africa, was this done intentional or was because of regulated procedures. Has the BlackBerry team pushed it back for future quarters, that's the question I want to know . Guess I have to wait for the release this week to find out some answers.

Good luck to all BlackBerry share holders.
    Andy_bb_king and CDM76 like this.
    03-22-15 12:45 PM
    Software and service revenue can tell us a lot this quarter. Even if BlackBerry falls short and gets 400 million in software and services overall, I will not take it as failure but work in progress. "Who is eating whose lunch"

Just in case someone doesn't know who quoted that, it was bbjdog. Lmao

John Chen quoted that quote.
    03-22-15 12:58 PM
    Lol okay

Posted via CB10
    Just to humour your post (again)...

I hope they do not spend a single cent on handset advertising.

Something to think about...
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    03-22-15 01:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Until governments start implementation of BB10, these new devices won't be wide spread. Once thousands of government workers start realising that these aren't the old BlackBerry devices anymore then and only then things will change.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 01:46 PM
113,256 ... 32753276327732783279 ...