View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Azure = storage, that's how I read it. You still need infrastructures (NOC) ...
    While at it, a nice infographic :

Attachment 341971

Aaaaaannnnnd ... CU2morrow gang !
    This is how I saw it, too. Azure is for storage. Just like delivering money in the bank.
    Bank holds it ( Azure). But you still need an armoured car to deliver and secure the goods while in transition ( Encryption ,NOC) .
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    03-17-15 02:16 PM
    OT:

I want BB10 to rum my laptop! Make it happen Blackberry.

Sick and tired of windows!
    03-17-15 02:20 PM
    OT:
    Talking about money in the bank...
    Facebook to Let Messenger Users Send Cash to Friends - Digits - WSJ

Facebook is giving the more than 500 million users of its Messenger app the ability to send money to each other, becoming the latest mobile platform to incorporate a payments service.

Once users link a Visa or Mastercard debit card to their Messenger account, they can send their friends money by tapping a dollar sign in the chat box.

Facebook said the feature will become available to U.S. users in the coming months. The service will be free, and Facebook said it has no plans to monetize it as this time.

There are now a host of options to pay by text or email. Mobile-payments company Square has a Cash feature that allows users to send money to others for free over email with a debit card. Ephemeral messaging service Snapchat introduced a service in November called Snapcash that lets users 18 years or older to send money to anyone using the app free of charge. That tool uses Square to transmit the funds.

EBay, through its PayPal subsidiary, has been offering consumer-to-consumer payment methods for years, including via email and through its app. Its Venmo unit, which it acquired in the $800 million deal for payment firm Braintree in late 2013, has become a popular option for transferring funds among college students. Venmo’s service is free, though it takes a fee for transfers using a credit card.

Facebook said it will handle all the payments processed on Messenger. The social networking giant said it currently processes more than one million transactions daily for game players and advertisers.
    03-17-15 02:22 PM
    OT:

I'll second that! Cheers!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image.jpg
    03-17-15 02:39 PM
    More info on the Ford - Microsoft - Sync 3 systems. Some details on this one.

Butler said all the data transmitted over Ford’s cloud infrastructure will be secure. Sync software updates will be stored in Azure’s public cloud since it doesn’t contain sensitive information. Other private data will be stored in Ford’s privately controlled cloud.

it.”

John Fikany, a Microsoft executive, said the move will help Ford develop more wireless services in the future: “The platform will provide rapid development of apps and services. This is just the beginning of what’s possible.”

Staff Writer Michael Wayland contributed.
    Ford to debut new cloud-based infrastructure
    03-17-15 02:49 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2397 
Size:	280.2 KB 
ID:	341981

someone had to do it
    03-17-15 02:50 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2397 
Size:	280.2 KB 
ID:	341981
    I love Kraken!!!

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    take99 likes this.
    03-17-15 02:50 PM

someone had to do it
    I was thinking the same thing. Lol
    randall2580 likes this.
    03-17-15 02:53 PM
    +1,000,000
    OT:

03-17-15 03:20 PM
    +1,000,000
    Hope the +1,000,000 is what you want to pay for the Kraken! Lol
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    03-17-15 03:57 PM
    More info on the Ford - Microsoft - Sync 3 systems. Some details on this one.

Ford to debut new cloud-based infrastructure
    I think you guys are doing selective reading...it's more than just storage. The Detroit News article also said [emphasis mine]...

The Dearborn automaker said Tuesday it’s partnering with Microsoft Corp. to create a cloud-based infrastructure from which customers can wirelessly download updates for its new Sync 3 infotainment system, remotely lock or unlock their vehicles and check battery-charge levels of their electric plug-ins. Ford previously ditched Microsoft for Blackberry’s QNX software for the creation of the new Sync system.

The automaker’s cloud-connected services will use Microsoft’s Azure global cloud-based network to beam information into the vehicle.

The system’s biggest benefit will be for Sync updates. Instead of owners taking cars into the dealership every time the software needs to be updated, it will instead download the information straight from the cloud, saving Ford and its customers time and money.
    There is no reference to BlackBerry/Project Ion for the infrastructure/delivery mechanism at all. At first I read this as a snub to BlackBerry or an early warning to us that Project Ion may not be completely ready.

Maybe this is simply corporate politics and not a purposeful snub to BlackBerry/Project Ion. Perhaps this is just Ford's way of keeping Microsoft in the loop somehow to ease any hard feeling over the switch to QNX. Ford's CEO Alan Mulally was briefly considered for Microsoft's CEO position afterall.

EDIT:
    Oh wait, re-reading La Emperor's selected quote. Okay, hopefully the Ford's private cloud is run by BlackBerry.... Hopefully!
    Munx likes this.
    03-17-15 04:30 PM
    Premera Blue Cross hit by "sophisticated" hack, 11M affected

Premera Blue Cross said it has been the victim of a "sophisticated" cyberattack, in which its systems and databases were breached.

As many as 11 million people are affected by the breach, the company said, including members and prospective members of its services and associated brands.

According to the company, a slew of personal information of members and applicants was taken, including names, date of birth records, email and postal addresses, phone numbers, Social Security numbers, and bank account information.

Claims and clinical information are also understood to have been taken in the attack.

The Mountlake Terrace, Wash.-based health insurance company serves millions of users across Washington, Oregon, and Alaska, among other states.
    Premera Blue Cross hit by "sophisticated" hack, 11M affected | ZDNet
    03-17-15 04:45 PM
    Good read, note the title is tounge and cheek
    http://www.opptrends.com/2015/03/the...erry-ltd-bbry/

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 04:55 PM
    more on the Secutablet

"The SecuTablet, which is compatible with BlackBerry 10, essentially builds on Samsung's proven Galaxy Tab hardware and design."

"The device is made by Samsung, the operating system appears to be Android -- although that's still to be confirmed"

BlackBerry, IBM, Samsung Come Together on High-Price, High-Security Tablet | Enterprise Security | E-Commerce Times
    03-17-15 05:04 PM
    I think you guys are doing selective reading...it's more than just storage. The Detroit News article also said [emphasis mine]...

There is no reference to BlackBerry/Project Ion for the infrastructure/delivery mechanism at all. At first I read this as a snub to BlackBerry or an early warning to us that Project Ion may not be completely ready.

Maybe this is simply corporate politics and not a purposeful snub to BlackBerry/Project Ion. Perhaps this is just Ford's way of keeping Microsoft in the loop somehow to ease any hard feeling over the switch to QNX. Ford's CEO Alan Mulally was briefly considered for Microsoft's CEO position afterall.

EDIT:
    Oh wait, re-reading La Emperor's selected quote. Okay, hopefully the Ford's private cloud is run by BlackBerry.... Hopefully!
    I know there's no reference to Blackberry on the news except for Sync3.

However, if you read it carefully the Azure will handle the downloads where it involves the updates, etc. Most likely thru wi-fi when the car is parked in the garage. It even describes it as less secure. It would be responsible to push this not too sensitive data ( updates). Free to consumer.

Now the upload of sensitive data, where real time diags, gps positioning, sensor readings, etc..etc..goes to Ford's secure private cloud. QNX and telematics systems are responsible for this action. This is where Ford could apply a service similar to Onstar. Not free to consumer.

I believe QNX, Certicom, and Paratek are all working together here to push the sensitive data from the car to the secure cloud. Remember the 3 are the key components of Project Ion.

Note: I read 4 or 5 reports regarding this, and got a little confused on whose doing what. Anyway, I'm sure it would be clarified soon enough.
    Note2: Highlighted is my assumption. Telematics is already in QNX's DNA. But Ford could have developed their own or use someone else's. It would be stupid though, but I don't run Ford.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 03-17-15 at 06:19 PM.
    03-17-15 05:39 PM

EDIT:
    When all is done and the Microsoft Azure does the same thing the infotainment did, then it will be Blackberry!
    03-17-15 05:55 PM
    Yeah if the currency is not $
    Hope the +1,000,000 is what you want to pay for the Kraken! Lol
    03-17-15 06:11 PM
    Yeah if the currency is not $
    Bitcoin will do fine.
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    03-17-15 06:36 PM
    I know there's no reference to Blackberry on the news except for Sync3.

However, if you read it carefully the Azure will handle the downloads where it involves the updates, etc. Most likely thru wi-fi when the car is parked in the garage. It even describes it as less secure. It would be responsible to push this not too sensitive data ( updates). Free to consumer.

Now the upload of sensitive data, where real time diags, gps positioning, sensor readings, etc..etc..goes to Ford's secure private cloud. QNX and telematics systems are responsible for this action. This is where Ford could apply a service similar to Onstar. Not free to consumer.

I believe QNX, Certicom, and Paratek are all working together here to push the sensitive data from the car to the secure cloud. Remember the 3 are the key components of Project Ion.

Note: I read 4 or 5 reports regarding this, and got a little confused on whose doing what. Anyway, I'm sure it would be clarified soon enough.
    Note2: Highlighted is my assumption. Telematics is already in QNX's DNA. But Ford could have developed their own or use someone else's. It would be stupid though, but I don't run Ford.
    I get what you're saying, it's just that I'd rather see it explicitly stated, in black and white, that it's BlackBerry, and didn't want to assume too much. I wouldn't put it past Ford to want to try to do their private cloud by themselves or with bigger names in tech and screw BlackBerry just because they're BlackBerry. Stranger things must have happened before.

I have recollections of positive reports back in December 2012 and January 2013 from Allpar.com that reported QNX, BlackBerry World, BlackBerry-powered remote updates, etc. coming to Chrysler's UConnect platform in 2013, only to hear very little about it since. The BlackBerry World link was abandoned altogether given what happened to BlackBerry in 2013.

I'm knocking on wood, crossing my fingers, and all that good stuff, hoping for the best this time around.
    03-17-15 06:42 PM
    "share"

"Among the features that Ford plans to offer later this year through its new Service Delivery Network is the ability to automatically update its new Sync 3 infotainment system wirelessly. The service will run on Microsoft's cloud-based Azure "

Feb 24 2015

QNX Wireless Framework Brings Smartphone-Caliber Connectivity to Embedded Systems
    Latest QNX innovation enables rapid cellular and Wi-Fi integration and faster time to market for embedded system applications.

NUREMBERG, Embedded World 2015, Booth 4-358, February 24 — QNX Software Systems Limited, a subsidiary of BlackBerry Limited, today announced the launch of the QNX� Wireless Framework, a complete software solution that allows embedded systems developers to make cellular and Wi-Fi� hardware changes without having to rewrite software applications or change how the applications run.

Modem technology for embedded systems is evolving quickly, creating demand for system designs that can rapidly and flexibly support the latest cellular or Wi-Fi communications hardware. The QNX Wireless Framework achieves this through an easy-to-use application programming interface (API) that remains consistent, regardless of the underlying cellular or Wi Fi module or chipset. The API simplifies system design for today’s medical devices, industrial controllers, and in-car infotainment units by managing the complexities of modem control. Further, the QNX Wireless Framework provides a rich feature set to enable a variety of useful vertical-specific applications.

“The QNX Wireless Framework was developed by a team of mobile wireless experts with hundreds of person-years of experience building advanced, carrier-grade mobile products,” said Grant Courville, director, product management, QNX Software Systems. “Our latest innovation allows developers to experience best-in-class smartphone-grade technology already deployed in millions of BlackBerry devices and supported by hundreds of carriers worldwide and to apply that connectivity to the embedded systems they are building in a simplified way.”

The QNX Wireless Framework is highly flexible, providing customers with pre-integrated support for cellular and Wi-Fi modules from leading industry vendors, including Gemalto, Sierra Wireless, Telit Wireless Solutions, and u-blox AG. These vendors, combined, account for more than half of the module market share by sales (Strategy Analytics, “Cellular M2M OEM Module Vendor Market Share 2005-2014”).

“Every day, thousands of new devices are being connected to the Internet, transforming and improving the way we live, work, and play. As the connected world spurs innovation, Gemalto’s security solutions and Cinterion portfolio are helping drive mHealth, automotive, and smart energy programs,” said Norbert Muhrer, senior vice president of M2M, Gemalto. “We are excited to work with QNX Software Systems; their rich history in software solutions, combined with our M2M portfolio, expands secure connectivity for embedded devices. We look forward to supporting the QNX Wireless Framework, the next advent in connected technology.”

“The opportunity to support the QNX Wireless Framework is attractive because, like u-blox, QNX Software System is an established leader in the automotive, industrial, and medical markets,” said Andreas Thiel, co-founder and executive vice president, wireless product development, u-blox AG. “We are eager to couple our wireless communications and modules with the innovative technology built into the QNX Wireless Framework.”

This week, at Embedded World 2015, QNX Software Systems will showcase its latest product developments for embedded developers. Demonstrations will include the QNX Wireless Framework and its integration with the products of several module vendors. Visit booth 4-358.

Availability
    Select customers are currently evaluating the QNX Wireless Framework 1.0. It is scheduled for general release in Q2 2015.
    03-17-15 07:07 PM
    03-17-15 07:27 PM
    AH:
    All in good fun...

I've said it before: I believe we collectively know more about BlackBerry and understand what it is trying to achieve better than many so-called experts...

Isn't it time we should begin "contributing" to media such as the once reputable Forbes?

And please, does anyone know where they find and how they choose their "contributors" some of which are university professors, such as this one (nothing personal, though)?

Case in point...

Can IBM And Samsung Save BlackBerry's Global Tablet Market Strategy? - Forbes

Ever since it lost the consumer tablet market to Apple, BlackBerry has taken a number of strategic initiatives to stay relevant in the global mobile-device market.

First, it outsourced its handset manufacturing to Foxconn, so it can focus on enterprise software business. Second, it acquired private-held Secursmart [No. It's Secusmart] to strengthen its security encryption capabilities.

Now comes a partnership with IBM and Samsung [No. The partnership is between Secusmart, IBM and Samsung and it predates Secusmart's acquisition by BlackBerry] to develop SecuTablet [No. It's SecuTABLET], which is catered to the enterprise market for tablets, where security is a major factor in the usage of mobile devices.

Apparently BlackBerry seems to be getting its business strategy right, focusing on M&A and strategic alliances that help the company strengthen its security encryption capabilities of its devices—a feature that is most appealing to business and government customers. [Good point!]

“BlackBerry commands little of the global mobile-device market, but businesses still consider it the gold standard of mobile security, a feature governments place a priority on to guard against hackers as they conduct more business over wireless networks,” write Wall Street’s Ben Dummett and Archibald Preuschat. [Token quote]

And timing may be on the side of BlackBerry. Hacking attacks are on the rise and the tablet market becomes increasingly fractionalizing [?]. This means that the SecuTablet may stand better chances to succeed than the PlayBook [Comparing apples to oranges].

Except from [?] the fact that the mobile-device market is changing. Smartphones become larger and supplemented by all sorts of personal devices, which may turn tablets obsolete.

Then there is the price of the SecuTablet, $2,380, which may be too hefty for governments [Come on...], especially in the company’s largest market—Europe where most governments are still under austerity.

That could, perhaps, explain why Wall Street wasn’t that excited with the announcement of the new device—in early afternoon trade the BlackBerry’s stock was trading close to 2% lower. [How to draw a conclusion from false premises...]

The bottom line [Watch out guys...] : The IBM Samsung alliance may do too little too late to save BlackBerry’s global device tablet strategy [].
    As I said, all in good fun...
    03-17-15 07:41 PM
    Hey gents can you do me a huge favor by not highlights in yellow. I'm reading from my BlackBerry with dark theme of course and it's awful trying to put words together. Thanks

#BBFactCheck
    03-17-15 07:43 PM
    Hey gents can you do me a huge favor by not highlights in yellow. I'm reading from my BlackBerry with dark theme of course and it's awful trying to put words together. Thanks

#BBFactCheck
    Sure thing.
    Corbu and Bacon Munchers like this.
    03-17-15 07:58 PM

#BBFactCheck
    Thanks for that tip. Just switched back to bright theme.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 08:13 PM
113,256 ... 32693270327132723273 ...