702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    St Pats Day - Sl�inte

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-stpats.png
    03-17-15 07:03 AM
    Reading material

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/03/...eless-carrier/

"The service, LangitMusik, will be available to Telkomsel�s more than 140 million subscribers, enabling them to access LangitMusik MP3�s and ring back tones, known as NSP�s, which are personalized and play songs, greeting or comedy clips for those calling the customers."

Is that 140 million BBM subscribers?
    03-17-15 08:08 AM
    Is that 140 million BBM subscribers?
    If all their subscribers also use BBM, then yes. BBM is the most popular messaging service in Indonesia.
    03-17-15 08:26 AM
    It sure is nice to see a little bit of green this morning. Now if SPHS would drop back to $.50 I'd be happy to re up my position in a big kinda way. Don't think I'll be adding to my bbry position anytime soon (so I say now, but we all know I can't resist). What I'd really love to see is numbers showing good conversion rates for BES12 on this next ER and some numbers for revenues from QNX auto sales. If these are out there in any official standing please let me know of I might have just over looked them. I love all of our partnerships with Samsung, IBM, etc but I need to see some solid numbers before I can justify putting more money on BBRY. I wish I had the means to invest like some on here do but until I'm there I have to just pick and choose when and where to jump in.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    03-17-15 09:18 AM
    OT: HALO
    New 52 week high this morning.
    Thanks Morgan!
    03-17-15 09:28 AM
    Ford/Sync3 using Microsoft Azure for the connected car. Gives us a glimpse of what's to come.
    Nice thing is anytime a new service update, bug fixes on the car system, etc. is required QNX is involved right in the middle of it.
    More $$ coming.

Ford's cloud network also will enable the company to integrate a broader array of mobile services both inside and away from the vehicle, Butler said.

Where manufacturers in the past received much of their revenue from the sale or lease of vehicles, a rapidly evolving business model that encompasses such services as car sharing and pay-per-use rentals has expanded the definition of mobility, Butler said.

"There will be revenues associated with that," he said, adding that third-party developers "may come up with new ways to leverage the data and create new opportunities to deliver services" to vehicle users.

Butler declined to say whether Ford is developing a concierge/communication service similar to General Motors Co's OnStar. But he said Ford's new partnership with Microsoft "positions us to be able to deliver a broad set of connectivity-related services."
    Ford turns back to Microsoft to build connected-car services | Technology | Reuters
    03-17-15 09:33 AM
    MS report worthwhile reading despite the obvious bias. I actually hope BBRY is able to hit Faucette's revenue target this quarter as I believe a $6XX print will significantly impact share price.

His comment regarding the stagnant size of the MDM market and competitor growth being only at the expense of BBRY market share loss appears to be a major breakdown in logic to me. This means competitor growth is limited to remaining BBRY market share, so why such a bullish stance on MOBL and Good. We'll we know why, but I believe that line of reasoning discredits his piece.

I also wouldn't be surprised if his 8000 Classic sales number is bang on for the US market. MS probably have very solid channel checks at ATT and Verizon and the Classic was only on sale for a few days in the quarter.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and CDM76 like this.
    03-17-15 09:37 AM
    Thanks Morgan!
    Yeah! Super Thanks Morgan.
    03-17-15 09:40 AM
    MS report worthwhile reading despite the obvious bias. I actually hope BBRY is able to hit Faucette's revenue target this quarter as I believe a $6XX print will significantly impact share price.

His comment regarding the stagnant size of the MDM market and competitor growth being only at the expense of BBRY market share loss appears to be a major breakdown in logic to me. This means competitor growth is limited to remaining BBRY market share, so why such a bullish stance on MOBL and Good. We'll we know why, but I believe that line of reasoning discredits his piece.

I also wouldn't be surprised if his 8000 Classic sales number is bang on for the US market. MS probably have very solid channel checks at ATT and Verizon and the Classic was only on sale for a few days in the quarter.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, his revenue forecast for the quarter is still slightly (7 million USD) above Morgan's or my prediction.

And his channel checks could definitely turn out to be true. We'll see if it again involved paying an AT&T executive for inside info.. :-)

What's important is JC's sentiment / guidance. I'd love to finally see a bottom in revenue. Yes, positive margins are priority, but many stocks are valued on x times sales.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 10:00 AM
    Any one have any active coupons for shop blackberry
    03-17-15 10:06 AM
    [email protected] is tweeting he will give one if you you email. $100 off Passport, $75 off Classic.
    03-17-15 10:08 AM
    Yep, his revenue forecast for the quarter is still slightly (7 million USD) above Morgan's or my prediction.

And his channel checks could definitely turn out to be true. We'll see if it again involved paying an AT&T executive for inside info.. :-)

What's important is JC's sentiment / guidance. I'd love to finally see a bottom in revenue. Yes, positive margins are priority, but many stocks are valued on x times sales.

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_!!

Faucette also has the range of trading for BBRY down pretty good too, $ 2.00 to $ 19.00/shr, I couldn't agree more. Faucette is so good at this.

I'm with you though, if John Chen says he is two months ahead of schedule on the rebuild and likes what he is seeing in terms of the restructuring and feedback, I'll say that trumps Faucette all day. GL
    03-17-15 10:11 AM

Give this a try.

Valid for Shop BlackBerry Canada:
    o** CA-Classic: bb7u6ihyq
    o** CA-Passport: y3df7fyfa
    �**** Valid for Shop BlackBerry USA:
    o** US-Classic: 8m7avfbyx
    o** US-Passport: 4bwxh9q68

Posted via CB10
    zyben and slipstream89 like this.
    03-17-15 10:51 AM
    03-17-15 11:16 AM
    Oops Igotaq beat me to it.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 11:28 AM
    Those codes work just tried them out! happy shopping
    jake simmons3 and bungaboy like this.
    03-17-15 11:34 AM
    Too bad the slider is not out yet! That's my next upgrade lol. Love that concept and am excited for an upgrade for the first time in a loooong time

03-17-15 11:39 AM
    here is nice chart with some BBRY info, I saw it on another board

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-fundamental.png
    Last edited by kadakn01; 03-17-15 at 11:56 AM.
    03-17-15 11:44 AM
    Too bad the slider is not out yet! That's my next upgrade lol. Love that concept and am excited for an upgrade for the first time in a loooong time

I wonder when we are actually going to see this phone. I noted during the presentation they didn't really give a time frame. If the screens are coming from Samsung, which seems likely, I have been reading they are having a terrible time making the curved screens with costs higher than expected and a 40% failure rate.

Sammy got initial orders for 5 million Galaxy S6 Edges according to reports. Should be interesting to see how they handle it.
    03-17-15 11:50 AM
    Nice and thank you !

".... the most important thing for investors is the software revenue... recurring revenue stream, super high margins... future of the company........"

"....the hardware business doesn't matter......"

"...not really sure why anyone cares anymore (about the hardware business) ..."

"...software and services is really the future (of BB)...... that is where (investors) should focus...."

EXACTLY !!!
    q649, W Hoa, morganplus8 and 9 others like this.
    03-17-15 11:55 AM
    Thanks Morgan!
    Of course it did...because I mostly sold out of it last week to put in to BBRY
    03-17-15 11:59 AM
    oh-oh ... radar is blinking !!!
    Samsung vs. Apple: Mobility partnerships hold the key for Samsung

The joint venture will result in new opportunities for developers to take advantage of Samsung's mobile capabilities together with the SAP HANA Cloud Platform and SAP Mobile Platform. Users can benefit from secure and seamless integration between the SAP platforms and Samsung's line of mobile devices, including wearables such as the Samsung Gear S.

Initially, Samsung and SAP will target markets that require greater mobility, but the partnership should also create opportunities to integrate the Internet of Things into business processes. For example, the two companies plan to create services that enhance mobile banking, improve healthcare analytics and streamline access to product and inventory data at retail outlets.

+

Integrating BES12 could help Samsung clear one of its biggest hurdles in the enterprise: Android's perceived security risks compared to Apple. Even though BlackBerry has ceded ground on the smartphone front, the company is still recognized as a leader in securing and managing mobile devices.
    Did we ruled out BlackBerry and SAP partnership ? Seems we might see Samsung being the pivot point ... and there might bea a league teaming up right now against apple ... Can't wait post E.R; so many tracks (so "salted" BTW) ...

All the above nothing but speculations, as per usual
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-17-15 at 01:40 PM.
    03-17-15 01:07 PM
    On other news ...
    Orange announces their two major development areas by 2018:
    - to become a mobile banking (Europe + Africa)
    and
    - a central player for connected objects (sales and related services).
    Here we are: IoT day one ... let's go !!!

(Orange is a major land/mobile operator/carrier in France)
    03-17-15 01:43 PM
    Ford/Sync3 using Microsoft Azure for the connected car. Gives us a glimpse of what's to come.
    Nice thing is anytime a new service update, bug fixes on the car system, etc. is required QNX is involved right in the middle of it.
    More $$ coming.

Ford turns back to Microsoft to build connected-car services | Technology | Reuters
    I'm not seeing it that way. According to the article:

"Among the features that Ford plans to offer later this year through its new Service Delivery Network is the ability to automatically update its new Sync 3 infotainment system wirelessly. The service will run on Microsoft's cloud-based Azure platform."

"Ford's cloud-based service will enable the company to gather more data about how owners use their vehicles, according to Don Butler, executive director of connected vehicle and services.

That data, Butler said, "will increase our ability to understand the user experience inside the vehicle . . . with the informed permission of customers."

Butler said the vehicle data that Ford acquires wirelessly through the cloud could be used to remotely diagnose mechanical problems or alert owners and dealers on scheduled maintenance. It could also provide insurers with information about vehicle usage and owners' driving habits.
    "
    If Ford is turning to Microsoft Azure, what is that saying about Project Ion? Seemed to me Project Ion would've been tailor made for the auto industry to do all that Ford wants it to do. If they use Azure, sounds like BlackBerry's network is out of the picture for Ford and a synergy is lost.
    Corbu and zyben like this.
    03-17-15 01:56 PM
    If Ford is turning to Microsoft Azure, what is that saying about Project Ion? Seemed to me Project Ion would've been tailor made for the auto industry to do all that Ford wants it to do. If they use Azure, sounds like BlackBerry's network is out of the picture for Ford and a synergy is lost.
    Azure = storage, that's how I read it. You still need infrastructures (NOC) ...
    While at it, a nice infographic :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bii_connectedcar_infographic.jpg

Aaaaaannnnnd ... CU2morrow gang !
    03-17-15 02:04 PM
113,256 ... 32683269327032713272 ...