View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    To follow up on my previous post... I now realize that it should have been blatantly obvious that James Faush*t was going to come out with one of his brilliant pre-earnings reports to drive the stock down. It's like clockwork with these clowns (as Morgan probably anticipated), however it's great to see the SP holding up against his nonsense for once though. I just need one more bearish analyst to chime in and my $9.50 order should get filled. Let's see, we already knocked off Goldman and MS. That leaves us waiting for our good friends at Cannaccord, Credit Suisse, Evercore.
    03-16-15 11:55 AM
    Lol. Then why did they mention the total worldwide target in noting that it was "well short of the target"?

Posted via CB10
    Our checks over the first couple of weeks of the Classic and Passport launches at major US carriers suggest BlackBerry may have sold through as many as 8,000 devices.
    Its talking about AT&T , not Rogers/Telus/Bell. MS is saying there has to be substantial units sold in the US to reach the worldwide target.
    03-16-15 11:57 AM
    Finally getting my OTA os update on my Z30. Makes me happy.

By the way this pre earnings drivel that they are feeding is just getting us ready for a post earnings surge. Keep Calm Blackberry On

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Mr BBRY, 3MIKE, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    03-16-15 12:03 PM
    "Worse, we received feedback describing BES12 support for Android and iOS devices as �patchy� and found customers complaining of poor communications regarding the support expiration that took place last month. We think customer defections post-EZ Pass could prove to be as high as 50% and our conversations have not at all pointed to the broad upsell needed to get anywhere close to management�s target of $500M in software revenue in FY16. "

I do not have any legal background, but is the above statement already enough to cause a defamation? What is meant by "customer defections post-EZ Pass could prove to be as high as 50%"? This can be hurtful to the BES sales. Can Blackberry do anything to sue/stop these bashers? They have really gone too far this time.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, bungaboy and awindsr like this.
    03-16-15 12:09 PM
    Excellent interview with the Secusmart CTO on Bloomberg. Will try and get it posted once it's up if others don't beat me to it
    Andy_bb_king and Corbu like this.
    03-16-15 12:11 PM
    Well MS is either right, or wrong. The ER will tell us that.
    If they are right, we are going for a ride. If they are wrong, the market will slap a huge 'bullsheet' stamp on their forehead, which will not be forgotten any time soon.
    Plus, BlackBerry may move on that FUD with a nice fitting lawsuit.

This is really interesting. My first thoughts are that the likes of GS and MS are quaking over BES12, and have the propaganda machine cranked to 11.
    This ER will tell more than ever.
    Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    03-16-15 12:13 PM
    Its talking about AT&T , not Rogers/Telus/Bell. MS is saying there has to be substantial units sold in the US to reach the worldwide target.
    MS needs to think before putting it into words. Shop Blackberry and Amazon have already sold most of the devices. So no matter what the argument might be, they are selling more then 8000 peanuts.
    03-16-15 12:13 PM
    OT: Here's a guess on the roadmap...

I envision the BBRY/Sammy roadmap would include an Hbox (Nanthealth) like router for your home on a commercial grade, that would meet all the certifications and com-pliancy of whatever device that would be connected. You can connect a car system, smartphone,printer, tv, thermostat ,washing machine or any other device that Samsung makes and could be powered by QNX. Router auto connects to the cloud securely. The devices are all unified by a personal BES (for the home owner ) with basic functionality and could be subscription based.

I have been managing a number of my devices at home remotely and it is never been unified under one interface so it's always a pain in the ****. I would love for BBRY/Sammy do this. I think with all the cross platform compatibility direction BBRY is taking, along withQNX/Hypervisor this maybe something they can achieve.

Anyway, all the pieces now exist so it's just a matter of selling it & tying it all together...here's to hoping.
    spike12 and bungaboy like this.
    03-16-15 12:15 PM
    OT: Here's a guess on the roadmap...

I envision the BBRY/Sammy roadmap would include an Hbox (Nanthealth) like router for your home on a commercial grade, that would meet all the certifications and com-pliancy of whatever device that would be connected. You can connect a car system, smartphone,printer, tv, thermostat ,washing machine or any other device that Samsung makes and could be powered by QNX. Router auto connects to the cloud securely. The devices are all unified by a personal BES (for the home owner ) with basic functionality and could be subscription based.

I have been managing a number of my devices at home remotely and it is never been unified under one interface so it's always a pain in the ****. I would love for BBRY/Sammy do this. I think with all the cross platform compatibility direction BBRY is taking, along withQNX/Hypervisor this maybe something they can achieve.

Anyway, all the pieces now exist so it's just a matter of selling it tying it all together...here's to hoping.
    That's what I want, a home security router, But don't stop.

Thanks for the info!
    La Emperor likes this.
    03-16-15 12:21 PM
    Excellent interview with the Secusmart CTO on Bloomberg. Will try and get it posted once it's up if others don't beat me to it
    I saw a blurb on a major broadcast network news channel on the SecuTABLET . Basically stating BB, Samsung, IBM joined forces to make it. Really surprising as BB gets no coverage here.
    03-16-15 12:22 PM
    This MS FUD is stopping me from buying some more shares right now. I know MS has a huge conflict of interest . During quite period no analyst should be allow to comment.

America hates BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    More on the SecuTABLET, confirming what was already posted:
    BlackBerry Spy-Proofs Samsung Tablets With IBM Software - Bloomberg Business

The 2,250-euro ($2,360) SecuTABLET will be available by the third quarter, Hans-Christoph Quelle, head of BlackBerry’s Secusmart unit, said in an interview Sunday. More than 10,000 units will be shipped annually in Germany by next year, with a higher number sold by International Business Machines Corp., which is handling sales to companies worldwide, he said.
    More on the SecuTABLET, confirming what was already posted:
    BlackBerry Spy-Proofs Samsung Tablets With IBM Software - Bloomberg Business
    Thanks Corbu!
    Superfly_FR and Corbu like this.
    03-16-15 12:30 PM
    "Worse, we received feedback describing BES12 support for Android and iOS devices as �patchy� and found customers complaining of poor communications regarding the support expiration that took place last month. We think customer defections post-EZ Pass could prove to be as high as 50% and our conversations have not at all pointed to the broad upsell needed to get anywhere close to management�s target of $500M in software revenue in FY16. "

I do not have any legal background, but is the above statement already enough to cause a defamation? What is meant by "customer defections post-EZ Pass could prove to be as high as 50%"? This can be hurtful to the BES sales. Can Blackberry do anything to sue/stop these bashers? They have really gone too far this time.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, and in their article they pump Good. The quote was something like "in at least one case, vendors have defected to Good Technology (who has $212million in revenue last year)"

Why the need to specifically name which competitor, and moreso, why the need to pump the competitor's numbers?

They're walking a fine line here, whether true or not. The Verizon Z10 channel checks turned out to be true, but that didn't stop the lawsuit from being successful!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 12:44 PM
    Here it is, I thought this was very good...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos...siness-tablet-
    jxnb, 3MIKE, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    03-16-15 12:46 PM
    "Worse, we received feedback describing BES12 support for Android and iOS devices as “patchy” and found customers complaining of poor communications regarding the support expiration that took place last month. We think customer defections post-EZ Pass could prove to be as high as 50% and our conversations have not at all pointed to the broad upsell needed to get anywhere close to management’s target of $500M in software revenue in FY16. "

Absolutely not, at least in the US. Everything in that statement is clearly the author's opinion ("We think customer defections…"), an is therefore protected speech under the First Amendment.
    https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/f...at-can-you-say
    Note that the expression of an opinion can never be actionable as defamation; statements must be presented as fact to be considered defamation.
    Any defamation suit filed by Blackberry would be a waste of time and money, as it would be quickly dismissed by the court. Blackberry's legal department knows this, which is why it will never happen.
    jojowan and 3MIKE like this.
    03-16-15 01:00 PM
    Here it is, I thought this was very good...

[video]http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2015-03-16/has-blackberry-created-an-un-hackable-business-tablet-[/url]
    Last sentence of the interview.
    "We are offering our service to whatever tablet you want to."

Never a big fan of Apple, but it sounds like its on the way..
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    03-16-15 01:02 PM
    Reminds me of a James Bond movie " license to kill" but instead its License to manipulate. LOL
    03-16-15 01:13 PM
    Hohoho...what a coincidence!!!
    Already failed once last year...MS and James you two have to work much much harder!!!

Software security provider Good Technology files for IPO
    Wed May 14, 2014 4:39pm EDT

(Reuters) - Good Technology Corp, a provider of software security solutions, filed with U.S. regulators on Wednesday to raise up to $100 million in an initial public offering of common stock.

Morgan Stanley, Barclays, BofA Merrill Lynch and Citigroup were lead underwriters of the IPO, the Sunnyvale, California-based company told the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in a preliminary prospectus.

And....

Good Technology cuts staff in layoff as it prepares for IPO - Silicon Valley Business Journal
    Thursday, January 8, 2015, 7:26am PST

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 01:28 PM
    This MS FUD is stopping me from buying some more shares right now. I know MS has a huge conflict of interest . During quite period no analyst should be allow to comment.

America hates BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    No man, you have it backward. Let me just change a few words in your statement to get you back on track:

"This MS FUD is allowing me to buy some more shares right now..."

awindsr, ptpete and plasmid_boy like this.
    03-16-15 01:34 PM
    Thanks jojo

#BBFactCheck
    jojowan likes this.
    03-16-15 01:35 PM
    Ya know, for the first time I said to myself, "there's no way Morgan is going to be right this time", after reading the above quote. I thought for sure we wouldn't last very long in the $9's, but it looks like there Morgan will have it his way once again. On a day with the Dow is up 175 points, it's crazy to see BBRY down 1%. I'll be following his lead and backing up the truck if we hit our lowest intra-day low in about 3 months of $9.50. Have a great day and good luck, gang!
    Yeah, I am hoping that our chief will give us a wink when he may be putting on his wet suit to dive into the shark tank.
    Oh yeah, he will be naked this time, right?

Is it Morgan 8, or Monster 8???
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    03-16-15 01:38 PM
    Questioning myself :
    IF (that's a big one) MS Faucette report is even close to reality; shouldn't we have a kind of Warning issued by BlackBerry ?
    If so, what's their delay prior E.R ? I mean, it's in 11 days or so ...
    CDM76 and 3MIKE like this.
    03-16-15 01:56 PM
    Absolutely not, at least in the US. Everything in that statement is clearly the author's opinion ("We think customer defections…"), an is therefore protected speech under the First Amendment.
    https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/f...at-can-you-say

Any defamation suit filed by Blackberry would be a waste of time and money, as it would be quickly dismissed by the court. Blackberry's legal department knows this, which is why it will never happen.
    We think #factcheck in their R47 face would be nice though, even afterwards.

Gone back IRL for tonight.
    CU2morrow, gang !
    03-16-15 01:59 PM
    No man, you have it backward. Let me just change a few words in your statement to get you back on track:

"This MS FUD is allowing me to buy some more shares right now..."

I like your interpretation of the sentence.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    03-16-15 02:04 PM
113,256 ... 32663267326832693270 ...