Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Jesus..why so much. Does the chip rlly cost that much

Posted via CB10
    Prices skyrocket for special creations due to expected numbers purchased(low in the overall scheme of devices) , plus I'm sure that the price is padded just because of its uniqueness and purpose.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-14-15 06:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Cant really answer you....but seeing the losses of Sony, Target, and a few other high profile companies suffered in their security lapses, then it would give the regulated insdustries some motivation to consider the tablet.

Knowing IBM's presence in a lot of gov't and banking institutions, this would sell....
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    03-14-15 06:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why do certain attorneys charge $1,500/hr? These are highly specialized devices. You pay for expertise, in addition for all the expense the companies have to go incur to obtain the certifications and testing required by the companies/governments.

IBM isn't cheap and in the realm of security, neither should BlackBerry.
    03-14-15 06:53 PM
    One nice thing to take away from this article is that since the Secusmart technology requires a special chip card, it cannot be implemented in any current Apple products like the iPad or iPhone. Apple can't touch the secure market until they change their mindset and actually put a SD Card reader that is compatible with the Secusmart chip card (ie. no proprietary card reader nonsense) in their devices.
    So if Secusmart requires the SD slot I'm wondering if maybe we will start to see devices with two SD slots? One for Secusmart and one for memory? I think that for those high end ultra secure devices this would be a huge plus. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 07:18 PM
    Why do certain attorneys charge $1,500/hr? These are highly specialized devices. You pay for expertise, in addition for all the expense the companies have to go incur to obtain the certifications and testing required by the companies/governments.

IBM isn't cheap and in the realm of security, neither should BlackBerry.
    I'm not complaining I just hope BlackBerry sees a good chunk of that money

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    03-14-15 07:31 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-secusmart-secutablet.png

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-secutablet-blackberry-secusmsart.jpg

Plus French version of the Press Release, for our French speaking readers...
    CeBIT 2015 : Secusmart d�voile la tablette SecuTABLET

As for cost:

The cost for this level of security is not cheap. While the consumer version of the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 is around 500, the SecuTABLET tablet will ring in around $2,500 CDN (US$2,380).
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/03/14/bl...he-secutablet/
    kadakn01, CDM76, rarsen and 9 others like this.
    03-14-15 08:03 PM
    when is production again?

#BBFactCheck
    03-14-15 08:28 PM
    IBM SAMSUNG and BlackBerry's SucuSmart are together on this secure tablet? So much for apple IBM partnership news killing/shorting BlackBerry stock. What a bunch of frickin manipulators have we in the market, specifically all of them on BlackBerry's case.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, 3MIKE, Mr BBRY and 10 others like this.
    03-14-15 08:31 PM
    After thinking about this tablet for the day, I find myself back to thinking about the Apple/IBM deal. This was earth-shattering news at the time, but not a peep since...

So what does IBM know? That they haven't had any success in selling iPads to enterprise? That corporations are constantly asking about security? That Apple tried another of their infamous screw-jobs on IBM and they didn't take too kindly?

Makes me wonder, who called who here? IBM called Samsung, Samsung said "call BlackBerry"? Or Samsung and BlackBerry said "we need a big name app developer!"?

In any case, the biggest news of the day for me is not the tablet, but the constant shake-ups and collaborations. We're in the middle of a revolution, and BlackBerry is right in the mix (but is Apple?). Seems everyone is finding their role, and accepting others' roles.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, 3MIKE, Mr BBRY and 10 others like this.
    03-14-15 08:47 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    IBM SAMSUNG and BlackBerry's SucuSmart are together on this secure tablet? So much for apple IBM partnership news killing/shorting BlackBerry stock. What a bunch of frickin manipulators have we in the market, specifically all of them on BlackBerry's case.

Markets are driven by greed and fear... and manipulation of information to suit one's investment objectives.. Morgan Stanley and GS know this only too well.... In any event I like what Ceo Chen is doing to expand blackberry services and products through partnerships where it adds value to BlackBerry...

He knows Blackberry must be focused and strategic and through that he will build shareholder value...

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, 3MIKE, Mr BBRY and 11 others like this.
    03-14-15 08:50 PM
    I wonder what kind of money BlackBerry gets per tablet sold

Posted via CB10
    The calculations would have to be a sum of parts contributed, for example 50 % Blackberry, 30% IBM and 20% Samsung. We will have to wait for that info. In regards to the contribution, I can't help to think that BB10 is behind this tablet. Two OS in one tablet, that would be something.

John Chen and the BlackBerry team are firing on all cylinders. Thay are doing some great work and I can't wait to see what comes next.

Lots of good post gang!
    03-14-15 09:00 PM
    So if Secusmart requires the SD slot I'm wondering if maybe we will start to see devices with two SD slots? One for Secusmart and one for memory? I think that for those high end ultra secure devices this would be a huge plus. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't be surprised if it would come as built in chip, one day. If it this secure?

03-14-15 09:11 PM
    After thinking about this tablet for the day, I find myself back to thinking about the Apple/IBM deal. This was earth-shattering news at the time, but not a peep since...

So what does IBM know? That they haven't had any success in selling iPads to enterprise? That corporations are constantly asking about security? That Apple tried another of their infamous screw-jobs on IBM and they didn't take too kindly?

Makes me wonder, who called who here? IBM called Samsung, Samsung said "call BlackBerry"? Or Samsung and BlackBerry said "we need a big name app developer!"?

In any case, the biggest news of the day for me is not the tablet, but the constant shake-ups and collaborations. We're in the middle of a revolution, and BlackBerry is right in the mix (but is Apple?). Seems everyone is finding their role, and accepting others' roles.

Posted via CB10
    I would guess that Samsung initiated the transaction with the other two parties. Not BlackBerry, but Secusmart ,and IBM. Sounds like BlackBerry weren't in the picture when this collaboration was discussed.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-14-15 09:30 PM
    Wouldn't be surprised if it would come as built in chip, one day. If it this secure?

I smell $

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor likes this.
    03-14-15 09:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Is it me or is Apple painting itself in a corner ?
    03-14-15 09:38 PM

Actually, I think they're leaning in the direction of making software only versions where the card isn't needed.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! 
    03-14-15 10:28 PM
    I really feel that is might be the end of bb10, if an android tablet is good enough for high security sectors then this doesn't bode well

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 10:53 PM
    I really feel that is might be the end of bb10, if an android tablet is good enough for high security sectors then this doesn't bode well

Posted via CB10
    OK. More fud.

#BBFactCheck
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    03-14-15 10:56 PM
    OK. More fud.

#BBFactCheck
    Not even, general concern more like it. I bring up a valid point. I'll add to my original statement and say that this leads me to believe we will see a android blackberry

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry may have hope if they can demonstrate that BB10 is more flexible/robust and reliable than Android. This may be possible given QNX's reputation in the embedded world.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    03-14-15 11:10 PM
    BlackBerry may have hope if they can demonstrate that BB10 is more flexible/robust and reliable than Android. This may be possible given QNX's reputation in the embedded world.

Posted via CB10
    If this was there plan then they would want nothing to do with making android more secure no??? I'm in no way saying this is a bad way to go for BlackBerry. I'm all for anything that brings them in money

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jake simmons3; 03-14-15 at 11:33 PM.
    03-14-15 11:22 PM
    Do we have an idea of how many BB10 devices had been sold through since January 2013, prior to this quarter?

Although it might not be enough to stem the hardware revenue decline, it should at least provide us with a base of the total volume that BlackBerry should be able to maintain throughout the next few quarters/years. It has been a little over 2 years since the Z10 launched, which really isn't that long ago. But, most people do tend to upgrade devices every 2 years.

Now, I'm not expecting this number to be that great; and a lot depends on trends/prices. I don't expect every BB10 user to automatically upgrade to the next BB10 device, but I do believe that chances are high this will happen.

So: how many of the BlackBerry faithful have purchased a BB10 device over the past 2 years?
    Hey dimi,

I don't have device totals, nor can i speculate on the numbers.
    I am more concerned with the ER following the release of the Slider, as it is looking like it is a Samsung S6 edge design.
    Don't get me wrong, up until the this S6 edge, I was not a Sammy fan, but this device will be a huge hit. Further, if BlackBerry has their slider built around this similar design (and possibly by Samsung?), it think we will be in position to have the largest device sell-though for bb10 ever.
    By that time, BES12 should be firing on all cylinders, and QNX will no doubt be selling well. This is where software and services will start to be a much larger wedge on the pie chart.

10 million units is where we need to be and we are already hearing that we are close to 7mil thanks to the emerging markets.

Good weekend!
    3MIKE, bungaboy, georg4BB and 2 others like this.
    03-15-15 01:08 AM
    If this was there plan then they would want nothing to do with making android more secure no??? I'm in no way saying this is a bad way to go for BlackBerry. I'm all for anything that brings them in money

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is going to make money wherever possible with this cross platform policy . Even if some decisions may take an eventual unfortunate path. Nothing is sacred and revenue is king.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, La Emperor, CDM76 and 2 others like this.
    03-15-15 01:08 AM
    BlackBerry is going to make money wherever possible with this cross platform policy . Even if some decisions may take an eventual unfortunate path. Nothing is sacred and revenue is king.
    None-the-less, for BlackBerry, the story hasn't changed. They will always be better off with their own OS and their own hardware. They won't let themselves get into the position Samsung or Nokia got themselves into. In addition, their work on the PlayBook led to Car2 and BB10. Once people start to see Car2 in action as well as hear more of how QNX is in things like the solar airplane, the Neato vacuum, and BB10 gets rolled out, there may be a second chance at life after the Z10 & Q10.

If given enough time and no significant management screw ups, people will start to see the synergies that make BlackBerry a great company with a great future. Let's just hope they get their full chance to prove themselves. We'll be rewarded nicely. (oh, and let's hope no one buys BlackBerry out. I'd like BlackBerry to hit $100 as BBRY, not some other ticker.)

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 01:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    The way I understand it is that this SecuSmart play with IBM and Sammy was in effect before BlackBerry bought SecuSmart. I think that predated the IBM/Apple partnership.
    Seems to be a simple business effort to push each players wares, and if anything, IBM was hedging against their Apple deal. Same goes with Samsung adding their tablet in the mix to blunt some of the IBM iPad momentum.

The funny thing is that Apple may not have saw that play coming.
    Now the oposition has the upper hand by means of higher security, and BlackBerry (ahem, SecuSmart) is in control of the security of both.

Just another step in the art of war....
    3MIKE, Corbu, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    03-15-15 02:20 AM
113,256 ... 32623263326432653266 ...