View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OMG sorry if this was posted already but read this article
    Could Clinton's BlackBerry handle multiple e-mail accounts?

Now reading this bit here:
    "Clinton's one-account solution raises problems, said Nicko van Someren, chief technology officer for Good Technology Corp., which provides companies with secure platforms for their employees' mobile devices.

"The sort of ways you handle personal mail and the way you handle highly sensitive mail is very different," van Someren said. Information from work-related e-mail could be inadvertently cut-and-pasted into a personal e-mail, or accidentally forwarded to someone on a personal contact list.

"Anybody who's ever used auto-complete on an e-mail address knows how that happens. This is why security-conscious enterprises want to keep a complete separation," said van Someren."

So BB can do this with BES10 and now BES12, but GOOD Tech can't do it? Does that seem to be what he is saying?
    03-11-15 10:12 PM
    OMG sorry if this was posted already but read this article
    Could Clinton's BlackBerry handle multiple e-mail accounts?

Now reading this bit here:
    "Clinton's one-account solution raises problems, said Nicko van Someren, chief technology officer for Good Technology Corp., which provides companies with secure platforms for their employees' mobile devices.

"The sort of ways you handle personal mail and the way you handle highly sensitive mail is very different," van Someren said. Information from work-related e-mail could be inadvertently cut-and-pasted into a personal e-mail, or accidentally forwarded to someone on a personal contact list.

"Anybody who's ever used auto-complete on an e-mail address knows how that happens. This is why security-conscious enterprises want to keep a complete separation," said van Someren."

So BB can do this with BES10 and now BES12, but GOOD Tech can't do it? Does that seem to be what he is saying?
    Don't think so. It was a very poorly written article completely devoid of news or context of any sort. The quote just seemed like filler to meet a number of words requirement.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and zyben like this.
    03-11-15 11:20 PM
    OT: Apple / Security

http://mashable.com/2015/03/10/cia-targets-apple/

Let's get BBRY back over $10 today, please. I can't afford any more shares.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    03-12-15 06:47 AM
    BBM Update: Custom PINs, Android Wear and more | Inside BlackBerry

The latest BBM update is now also available for iOS users, and will begin showing in the App Store within the next couple of hours
    03-12-15 07:25 AM
    OT - Apple engineer talks about the new Macbook

03-12-15 08:22 AM
    OT - Apple engineer talks about the new Macbook

Im just dieing over here
    03-12-15 08:51 AM
    Yet they said that they don't keep or have access to such lol. I always wondered about that. If they are getting a piece of the pie per transaction, they have to know card numbers, transit numbers, and what/where you bought.

Posted via CB10
    No Sir. They obtain a unique identifier on each transaction called a "token" from your bank. That identifies the transaction to your bank and to Apple. They never get your card number in an Apple pay transaction.

The credit cards they have on file are from in store transactions and iTunes and App Store.
    03-12-15 09:40 AM
    Thought I would post another update on our short-term chart to show everyone how we are progressing here:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-march-13-2015.png

We successfully traded down to support, (note the green arrows there where the stock first broke below its 3-ema tipping you off about the change in trend), tested it again yesterday, twice, then moved back up to the 3-ema line. We are finished with the correction now, volumes are light, the 3-ema is at $ 9.96/shr and we are sitting on that number. If we don't close above it today, we will challenge it tomorrow for a rally to the 50-dma t $ 10.37/shr next week. I mentioned that I thought it would take until Friday to assume the rally as we normally need 3 trading days from the trend reversal to pause and refresh the trade and get everyone out of it. So lets see if we can close above $ 9.96 today and start a pre-weekend rally tomorrow.

RE: ACAD ALERT!
    As you can see, any bad news from a company produces a major adjustment in the price of the stock. ACAD is down 20% because their CEO retired, usually you like to hear about the retirement a few weeks in advance, not the case this time. In addition, they postponed their NDA for a new application for a few months as new management felt it wasn't ready to be submitted. In addition, their startup manufacturing plant is behind by a couple of months. So it isn't a bad thing to get rid of Uli Hacksell, he is a brilliant PhD but never was good in management. The delay in the NDA is no big deal, the plant should have been ready by now but as I mentioned, Uli was not good management.

I say all of this because I want you to know that when a stock goes from $ 30 to $ 46 on no news, be careful. In this case, we always blame hedge funds and the media for BBRY troubles saying they are unfair to BlackBerry. But within a matter of an hour, a vulture law firm is soliciting for a lawsuit against ACAD! That is a record short period that even BBRY hasn't experienced so it does happen to other companies! There is nothing to the lawsuit and the stock will settle down, base out and move back up from here.

Let's get BBRY over $ 9.96 a share so the TA looks great and all of us who purchased the stock when no one else wanted it, LOOK GOOD!! GL
    W Hoa, lech31, La Emperor and 21 others like this.
    03-12-15 10:05 AM
    Word has just been released on Edgar (US SEC system) that a 13G form has been filed for an owner of Blackberry shares at an amount above 5% (30+million shares). The form has been filed on behalf of Canso Investment Counsel. Here is the link:

SC 13G

I just looked on the NASDAQ page for BBRY to see if Canso has been listed in the past as an institutional holder. I don't see them. Seems that this large investment must be new unless I am missing something.
    zyben, La Emperor, lech31 and 21 others like this.
    03-12-15 10:46 AM
    I just looked on the NASDAQ page for BBRY to see if Canso has been listed in the past as an institutional holder. I don't see them. Seems that this large investment must be new unless I am missing something.
    A non-U.S. institution Group
    If filing as a non-U.S. institution ...please specify the type of institution:
    Portfolio Manager registered in Ontario, Canada and other Canadian provinces

Canso Investment Council: Lysander Funds:
    CANSO CREDIT INCOME FUND

TOP 10 HOLDINGS (LONG POSITIONS)
    BLACKBERRY LIMITED 13.8%

Canso Investment Counsel Ltd. (Canso) rejects �efficient market� theory. Canso believes that the financial markets are subject to human emotion and biases and are thus inherently inefficient.

The human predisposition to simplify causes the segmentation of financial assets by credit rating, geography and other issuer characteristics. These create artificial distortions that exacerbate market inefficiencies. Market participants frequently misinterpret or overlook critical information when forming investment opinions. Canso exploits these market inefficiencies by investing in mispriced securities, across the capital structure of issuers on a global basis.
    03-12-15 11:36 AM
    Word has just been released on Edgar (US SEC system) that a 13G form has been filed for an owner of Blackberry shares at an amount above 5% (30+million shares). The form has been filed on behalf of Canso Investment Counsel. Here is the link:

SC 13G

woah, nice.

Somewhat related:
    Given BB has such high short interest, could some large investor decide to say buy 100m shares in the open market, leaving nothing for shorts to cover with?
    Wouldn't that result in huge short squeeze?
    Wouldn't a smart investor take advantage of this opportunity? Am I missing something?
    03-12-15 11:46 AM

SC 13G

I saw that, but the date is Dec.13, so not sure what happened there.
    03-12-15 11:49 AM
    woah, nice.

Somewhat related:
    Given BB has such high short interest, could some large investor decide to say buy 100m shares in the open market, leaving nothing for shorts to cover with?
    Wouldn't that result in huge short squeeze?
    Wouldn't a smart investor take advantage of this opportunity? Am I missing something?
    I think that may be illegal.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 11:49 AM
    I think that may be illegal.

Posted via CB10
    lol how would that be illegal ? Anyone can buy any amount of shares on the open market
    03-12-15 12:02 PM
    There we go...

Canadian Fund Manager Becomes Third-Largest BlackBerry Holder - Bloomberg Business

(Bloomberg) -- Canso Investment Counsel Ltd. became BlackBerry Ltd.’s third-largest investor, after converting $300 million of the smartphone maker’s debt into stock.

The Canadian fund manager now holds 5.4 percent of BlackBerry’s common shares, according to a U.S. securities filing on Thursday. That places Canso behind Primecap Management Co. and Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd., according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Canso participated in a $1 billion convertible-bond sale in November 2013. The sale helped Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry shore up its finances after a plan by Fairfax to take the company private fell apart.

BlackBerry’s shares have risen 87 percent in Canadian trading since Chief Executive Officer John Chen took over shortly before the bond sale and began working to diversify the company’s business into software and services.
    From November 7, 2013
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...tar-brookfield
    BlackBerry Bonds Attract Investment From Qatar, Brookfield

Nov. 7 (Bloomberg) -- BlackBerry Ltd.’s $1 billion convertible bond sale, part of an effort to shore up its finances, attracted investors ranging from Qatar Holding LLC to Brookfield Asset Management Inc.

Mackenzie Financial Corp., Markel Corp. and Canso Investment Counsel Ltd. also bought the debentures -- a deal that was orchestrated by Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd., BlackBerry’s largest investor. Canso is investing $300 million, Fairfax is putting in $250 million, and Mackenzie is contributing $200 million, according to a filing today. Markel and Qatar Holding are each adding $100 million, while Brookfield contributed $50 million.
    Last edited by Corbu; 03-12-15 at 12:33 PM.
    03-12-15 12:18 PM
    I saw that, but the date is Dec. 2013, so not sure what happened there.
    Here's your answer:

Canso participated in a $1 billion convertible-bond sale in November 2013.Canso Investment Counsel Ltd. became BlackBerry Ltd.’s third-largest investor, after converting $300 million of the smartphone maker’s debt into stock.
    03-12-15 12:30 PM
    here's your answer:
    waitttttttttttt hold up .......................did we just reduce are debt by 300 mill
    03-12-15 12:40 PM
    waitttttttttttt hold up .......................did we just reduce are debt by 300 mill
    Does that mean good

#BBFactCheck
    03-12-15 12:54 PM
    Does that mean good

#BBFactCheck
    Short answer Yess. I have a feeling Morgan will be here shortly to really dig in and explain why this is great news

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 01:01 PM
    Short answer Yess. I have a feeling Morgan will be here shortly to really dig in and explain why this is great news

Posted via CB10
    If that happened in November it should have shown in the Dec ER?
    03-12-15 01:03 PM
    If that happened in November it should have shown in the Dec ER?
    Q3 ended November 29, 2014

Also, excerpt from the 13G:

SCHEDULE 13G
    Under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
    Blackberry Limited
    (Name of Issuer)
    Common
    (Title of Class of Securities)
    09228F103
    (CUSIP Number)
    December 31, 2013
    (Date of Event Which Requires Filing of this Statement)

[...]

Signature
    After reasonable inquiry and to the best of my knowledge and belief, I certify that the information set forth in this statement is true, complete and correct.
    March 12, 2015
    Date
    /s/ Heather Mason-Wood
    Signature
    Heather Mason-Wood, Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer
    Name/Title
    jxnb, rarsen, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    03-12-15 01:08 PM
    This may have been posted already, but I thought some would get a kick out of it. Another BlackBerry in good use. Apparently, the ex-first lady uses the image as her Twitter image.

Something surreal about the high security plane innards.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...nton-email.jpg
    03-12-15 01:08 PM
    And added in the area of 30 million shares for some dilution with corresponding impact on EPS.
    Corbu, jxnb, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    03-12-15 01:11 PM
    Does that mean good

#BBFactCheck

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I was about to write:
    And added in the area of 30 million shares for some dilution with corresponding impact on EPS.
    Some 30M shares have been added to the pool, so shares have been diluted a bit now.
    EPS will be negatively impacted. If JC was expecting to break-even, this extra 30M might bring our EPS down to negative
    03-12-15 01:24 PM
    Exactly what I was about to write:

... If JC was expecting to break-even, this extra 30M might bring our EPS down to negative
    No. Positive earnings can't be diluted to negative. Earnings will be diluted by 5%. Not a big deal.

What is more interesting is their rationale and the timing. They are forgoing the convertible income to become equity holders...

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 01:33 PM
113,256 ... 32563257325832593260 ...