View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You have to realise that the DOW Jones is below its 50-dma today, not a good sign for any stock in the market.

This isn't just about BBRY here.

Edit: Look at APPL, they came out with the best watch ever and the stock is getting dropped too. Hard to find a positive stock today. ACAD is up, SPHS is up a penny, that's all that I can see in my list.
    Maybe the DOW is down BECAUSE of apple??? After all its an over priced watch and a company that hasn't really created anything truly innovative in years. Most people I know with iphones are willing to look at other phones when contract is up. I convinced my gf to try BlackBerry. But many want to try Samsung phones. Just saying Apple isn't what it once was and unless things change they might go the way of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 06:19 PM
    Maybe the DOW is down BECAUSE of apple??? After all its an over priced watch and a company that hasn't really created anything truly innovative in years. Most people I know with iphones are willing to look at other phones when contract is up. I convinced my gf to try BlackBerry. But many want to try Samsung phones. Just saying Apple isn't what it once was and unless things change they might go the way of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Goes to show what power a quality CEO (RIP Mr. Jobs) can have on a company. Time for BlackBerry users/investors/etc. to reap the rewards of a quality CEO in Mr. Chen.
    3MIKE, Corbu, CDM76 and 3 others like this.
    03-10-15 06:41 PM
    I'm starting to think that M+8 might just be able to afford his own island soon...
    And invite us all over to take amazing pictures on our blackberry's that will never be made public due to their amazing security features.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!

As a newb to the forum... I'm slowly sniffing out the clues as to where the party will be ....

Morgan's Island !!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-morgans-island-2009.gif

I'm on to you guys and gals !!!
    03-10-15 07:12 PM
    Back in 2013 silence on hardware was needed to just let BlackBerry do their thing and see what comes of it. He was negative on hardware and that just added to all the other bearish analysts and bloggers dissing BlackBerry since it was en vogue. Essentially, he participated in creating a self fullfilling phophesy. Diss the hardware and BlackBerry would be forced to change course to software and exit hardware.

Only it almost killed BlackBerry. So he wasn't on the "pro" or "defending" BlackBerry side in my book.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry itself needed to push the current enterprise strategy much faster and more aggressively than they did, rather than trying to be a consumer oriented company. It's BlackBerry itself that created the self-fulfilling prophesy, unfortunately. Chen is the only recent CEO that seems to have understood this...strength in enterprise is needed to kill the FUD

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 07:16 PM
    Fud sux, prophecies are generally self proclaimed and buying opportunities are rare. Just a thought.

Classically Posted.
    Corbu, rarsen, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    03-10-15 09:56 PM
    BlackBerry itself needed to push the current enterprise strategy much faster and more aggressively than they did, rather than trying to be a consumer oriented company. It's BlackBerry itself that created the self-fulfilling prophesy, unfortunately. Chen is the only recent CEO that seems to have understood this...strength in enterprise is needed to kill the FUD

Posted via CB10
    Seems we have a different definition of "self-fulfilling prophesy."

Go back to 2012/2013... the trend back then was all about BYOD and consumerization of IT. BlackBerry made the decision to pursue consumers to get device sales back up as that was the trend.

Could BlackBerry have first gone after enterprise? Sure. But remember that BES10 didn't come out until summer/fall 2013. The product simply wasn't ready at BB10 launch in Jan 2013. Remember also that the bears started their attack on BlackBerry DURING the BB10 launch event. By the time BES10 launched, BlackBerry was already at the brink of imploding.

How many enterprises were willing to back BlackBerry by summer 2013? Very few. Heck even the US DoD announced that they needed to diversify AWAY from being 100% dependent on ONE vendor (BlackBerry) for mobile phones.

Like I said before, I acknowledge and agree that BlackBerry made A LOT of mistakes leading up to the BB10 launch and they should've gone to market with a different CEO. But the constant pounding BlackBerry took from bloggers, analysts, 3rd party developer neglect, and supposed "CrackBerry fans" made a bad situation worse.

I firmly believe that BlackBerry would not be around today if it weren't for the Board's dogged determination to focus on security and realizing that BlackBerry was stronger as ONE company rather than piecemeal as analysts insisted. THAT is why I invest in this company. Call me a dreamer, but I want BlackBerry to rise and give everyone the big middle finger that they deserve.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 10:01 PM
    I firmly believe that BlackBerry would not be around today if it weren't for the Board's dogged determination to focus on security and realizing that BlackBerry was stronger as ONE company rather than piecemeal as analysts insisted. THAT is why I invest in this company. Call me a dreamer, but I want BlackBerry to rise and give everyone the big middle finger that they deserve.
    Posted via CB10
    Not to forget, we also want to see $100 stock!
    Corbu, q649, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    03-10-15 10:14 PM
    Not to forget, we also want to see $100 stock!
    That too.

Just for fun, can we take a quick poll? What's everyone's highest per share lot? Doesn't matter how many shares were purchased, just what was the cost per share of your highest lot? Mine is $99. I would love to see $100! LOL
    La Emperor likes this.
    03-10-15 10:27 PM

Part iPhone and part BlackBerry eh?
    They forgot to add "and a BIG part Android". Lol.

C'mon secret inner-circle squirrel blackphone deux, just run BES12 and put and end to the pain and suffering already.
    03-10-15 10:35 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c00015dd7_eae92870-c799-11e4-9350-0200ac17783c.jpeg

Props to Bla1ze!
    03-10-15 10:40 PM
    Going off the IIC news, I want to see SAP and BlackBerry get cozy.

BTW. Someone asked about short interest over the last few days:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150310_202229_edit.png
    03-10-15 10:53 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Going off the IIC news, I want to see SAP and BlackBerry get cozy.

BTW. Someone asked about short interest over the last few days:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150310_202229_edit.png 
Views:	1568 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	340325
    Of course Shorts playing their games Monday ... Let me guess GS MS ? Stock manipulation at its best ...
    3MIKE, bungaboy, awindsr and 2 others like this.
    03-10-15 11:15 PM
    Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs and others openly admit to conflict of interests while downgrading / upgrading stocks. Right now, they are in bed with Mobile Iron, Good etc.

So...here is an idea: Mobile Iron, Good etc are too small even when compared to down-and-beaten BlackBerry. So, how about John Chen throwing some business the way of Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanely etc? Logic would dictate that these shameless pricks would then start pumping BBRY at the cost of Mobile Iron, Good etc? Conflict of interest be damned.

We'd start seeing upgrades and bullish research notes from Simona Jankowaski and others!

03-11-15 12:26 AM
    Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs and others openly admit to conflict of interests while downgrading / upgrading stocks. Right now, they are in bed with Mobile Iron, Good etc.

So...here is an idea: Mobile Iron, Good etc are too small even when compared to down-and-beaten BlackBerry. So, how about John Chen throwing some business the way of Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanely etc? Logic would dictate that these shameless pricks would then start pumping BBRY at the cost of Mobile Iron, Good etc? Conflict of interest be damned.

We'd start seeing upgrades and bullish research notes from Simona Jankowaski and others!

IPO of BBM? :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 02:44 AM
    A new article from Michael Blair at SA.
    It contains some interesting numbers and conclusions, but nothing really new.
    Long list of comments, some are interesting too.
    Interesting, how much time KIA Investment Research spends to troll every comment section he can find.

BlackBerry: Look For A Breakeven Fourth Quarter
    03-11-15 03:23 AM
    As a newb to the forum... I'm slowly sniffing out the clues as to where the party will be ....

Morgan's Island !!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Morgans-Island-2009.gif 
Views:	1693 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	340252

I'm on to you guys and gals !!!
    Been going to Aruba every year for about 12 years, unfortunately this place was only open about 2 years due to a bunch of injuries on the main slide. There is a lot more to do elsewhere in Aruba besides going to a water park anyway but I like where your heads at!
    03-11-15 07:19 AM
    Options question:

Curious what your options opinions are on the Jan 2017 $10 vs $12 calls? $2 spread costs $0.57

10.00 BBRY170120C00010000 2.20 Down 0.15 N/A N/A 296 5,014
    12.00 BBRY170120C00012000 1.63 Down 0.09 N/A N/A 344 7,850
    03-11-15 08:27 AM
    Options question:

Curious what your options opinions are on the Jan 2017 $10 vs $12 calls? $2 spread costs $0.57

10.00 BBRY170120C00010000 2.20 Down 0.15 N/A N/A 296 5,014
    12.00 BBRY170120C00012000 1.63 Down 0.09 N/A N/A 344 7,850
    I personally just bought some 12 jan 2017 calls mainly because if bbry is successful in there turnaround the SP will be much higher the 13.63 in jan 2017.
    q649 likes this.
    03-11-15 08:35 AM
    Check this out:

https://translate.google.de/translat...%2F&edit-text=

"The high-security solution SecuSUITE for BlackBerry 10 was already more than 3.500mal sold in Germany alone."

What does 3.500mal sold mean?
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    03-11-15 08:41 AM
    Check this out:

https://translate.google.de/translat...%2F&edit-text=

"The high-security solution SecuSUITE for BlackBerry 10 was already more than 3.500mal sold in Germany alone."

What does 3.500mal sold mean?
    Space missing.

Means: "The high-security solution SecuSUITE for BlackBerry 10 has already sold more than 3,500 times in Germany alone.", I believe.
    rarsen, georg4BB, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    03-11-15 08:49 AM
    Since we are talking Germany, BES12 prices:
    BlackBerry Value Added Services, Lizenzen und Preise | BB10QNX.de

Preise:
    Silver und Advantage T-Support 18€/Jahr
    Silver und Premium T-Support 32€/Jahr
    Gold und Advantage T-Support 58€/Jahr
    Gold und Premium T-Support 70€/Jahr
    Last edited by Corbu; 03-11-15 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Added prices, nothing really new aside from that
    03-11-15 08:53 AM
    Any German in town?

#BBFactCheck
    03-11-15 09:07 AM
    Thought I would post a simple, clean chart for today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-march-11-2015.png

As you can see, we dipped down first thing this morning to test the blue support line, it held no problem, now, we should start the rebuilding process and make higher highs throughout the day. The norm is to test the support and start building for another rally here and so far we are doing that. By Friday, assuming the DOW Jones doesn't take a dump by another 330 pts., we should be on our way again.
    03-11-15 09:09 AM
    IPO of BBM? :-)

Posted via CB10
    Or IPO of Nanthealth....
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-11-15 09:13 AM
    Seems we have a different definition of "self-fulfilling prophesy."

Go back to 2012/2013... the trend back then was all about BYOD and consumerization of IT. BlackBerry made the decision to pursue consumers to get device sales back up as that was the trend.

Could BlackBerry have first gone after enterprise? Sure. But remember that BES10 didn't come out until summer/fall 2013. The product simply wasn't ready at BB10 launch in Jan 2013. Remember also that the bears started their attack on BlackBerry DURING the BB10 launch event. By the time BES10 launched, BlackBerry was already at the brink of imploding.

How many enterprises were willing to back BlackBerry by summer 2013? Very few. Heck even the US DoD announced that they needed to diversify AWAY from being 100% dependent on ONE vendor (BlackBerry) for mobile phones.

Like I said before, I acknowledge and agree that BlackBerry made A LOT of mistakes leading up to the BB10 launch and they should've gone to market with a different CEO. But the constant pounding BlackBerry took from bloggers, analysts, 3rd party developer neglect, and supposed "CrackBerry fans" made a bad situation worse.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I'm not really trying to start a debate, but in my opinion the consumer strategy was already too late, and BES10 wasn't ready because they weren't focused on enterprise enough from the get go. For years, they resisted, rather than embraced, BYOD. They needed to have a clear transition plan for all the bb07 shops and also for the revenue losses that were inevitably going to come from lost bb07 fees. It was suicidal to go directly up against Apple and Google, and not launch BES10 together with bb10 (with a clear road map for BES12). Enterprise has always been BlackBerry's core market. These are my opinions, and it's water under the bridge, but I come from K-W and I've been watching this company since they sold keyboard pagers. The Bold was the penultimate Bb07 device, but the company already should have been going full tilt into the transition I'm describing, while that device was selling strong. Until Chen arrived, leadership has been absent or off-track. Consumers will come along for the ride when BlackBerry churns out good stuff. And they always do. In the meantime, we all get to buy shares at a steal.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 09:18 AM
113,250 ... 32533254325532563257 ...