View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I realize this is just sad seeing us back in the 9's after so much good news
    I totally agree, I don't like it under $ 10.00 either, but I can live with a sell-off as long as every other stock is down too. The DOW looked very toppy the last couple of weeks and we are now staring at it wondering if it can hold onto its 50-dma. If the DOW holds this level BBRY will pop back up along with 1,000 other stocks today. GL
    Corbu, jxnb, 3MIKE and 7 others like this.
    03-10-15 09:54 AM
    OT: Who do you think is doing the heavy lifting on data communications, security, devices,etc...Not too long ago, BBRY announced a similar project and said they would be targeting specific areas in the shipping industry...hmmmm

SAP Prepares to Take On The Internet of Things, Announces String of New Partnerships
    SAP has entered into an original equipment manufacturer agreement for connected logistics with T-Systems, a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom. SAP and T-Systems previously collaborated to provide a cloud-based logistics solution, �smartPORT� for the Hamburg Port Authority in Germany. Through the new agreement, SAP and T-Systems will jointly offer smartPORT logistics globally
    SAP Prepares to Take On The Internet of Things, Announces String of New Partnerships - Forbes

And who is T-system and what do they think about mobile security..as per Kettenring.
    Hand in hand with our partners, we have been working on a new category of smart applications that leverages the power of the BlackBerry platform to change the way we live, work and play. We call them super apps. Super apps are integrated with other apps that can be deployed on BlackBerry devices, and can seamlessly communicate with them. These apps support instant data push and messaging, efficiently exchange data with enterprise software, and simplify requests for geo-positioning, for locations, for camera images, for calendar information, device type and much more. These features are linked to the strengths of the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution. The corresponding push technology enables real-time communications and simple Web-based administration of smartphones, servers, users, groups and applications. Plus BlackBerry Enterprise Solution offers secure wireless access to corporate systems. This opens up entirely new opportunities for innovation in terms of the development of enterprise applications.
    ?Mobile security is the ultimate challenge? | T-Systems
    03-10-15 09:55 AM
    Blackberry to target Shipping Industry...The announcement back in January. ( No mention of any specific partner )

The company also claims that the platform could be used to improve efficiency at harbours and ports, and lower regulatory oversight costs
    BlackBerry to target shipping industry - Digital Ship - The world leader in maritime IT news
    03-10-15 10:01 AM
    ***** My bad re: Mr. Kettenring above. He was a former director at RIM-Germany. Of course he would be trumpeting BBRY. That interview may be old but still sits in T-mobile site. Maybe it's still relevant.
    I apologize, nonetheless. Got a little too excited.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 03-10-15 at 10:28 AM.
    03-10-15 10:12 AM
    It's coming to a point where I'll be celebrating with more than alcohol when BBRY finally breaks out of the $14 barrier.

Edit: Morgan, health before wealth. Let BBRY work it's magic whilst you recover. All the best, chief.
    03-10-15 10:23 AM
    There have been some watch comments here in this thread recently, just thought I would OT share something interesting I just was reminded of the other day, maybe you knew it...

The Pebble watch is generally considered on the list of best KickStarters ever, and they just had a deja-vu with their 2nd KickStarter release that sold over $17 million more. I think there are some work arounds that allow you to use the Pebble with BB10. The CEO is named Eric - the same guy who made this for your BlackBerry phone back in 2010!

WES 2010: inPulse Smartwatch for BlackBerry Video Demo | CrackBerry.com
    03-10-15 10:23 AM
    Morgan! All the very best man...your insights are seriously appreciated here but you've got nothing more important in your PA than your health!

This is such a tempting day to buy some Calls...sold a small part of my BlackBerry holding last week ($13.45)...not sure on which Call options are the best deal at the moment...any good options analysis out there??

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    03-10-15 10:25 AM
    Where did you find this info?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Institutional Ownership & Holdings - NASDAQ.com
    03-10-15 10:31 AM
    ***** My bad re: Mr. Kettenring above. He was a former director at RIM-Germany. Of course he would be trumpeting BBRY. That interview may be old but still sits in T-mobile site. Maybe it's still relevant.
    I apologize, nonetheless. Got a little too excited.
    Yes the interview is old, from 2012 I think. Kettenring was replaced by Markus M�ller in 2013.
    La Emperor likes this.
    03-10-15 10:34 AM
    Morgan! All the very best man...your insights are seriously appreciated here but you've got nothing more important in your PA than your health!

This is such a tempting day to buy some Calls...sold a small part of my BlackBerry holding last week ($13.45)...not sure on which Call options are the best deal at the moment...any good options analysis out there??

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for those kind words! I have all the women down in the islands this week so I'm left to trade stock! I just bought a chunk of BBRY yesterday at what I thought was a good price, today, it is below its blue uptrend line on my chart. I think JLagoon would agree that the price of the stock is below his uptrend too so that's a bit bearish. The next thing to watch for is confirmation that the uptrend is over so the stock has to rally, test $ 9.80/shr and fail to regain that number in the next 2 days. The DOW opened down 200 pts today killing any chance that BBRY had of finding support at $ 9.80 so I'm fine with my purchase. Let us know what you decide to buy, I would go out as far as possible and not too far above $ 12.00/US and you will be fine. At least assure yourself that you have at least two more quarters of EPS!
    Corbu, La Emperor, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    03-10-15 10:48 AM
    I would have placed the pointy one in the third position instead of 4th.
    ... And then, what would the custom PIN example say?

Ha, I wonder how BlackBerry will filter the requests. This could be a difficult task. Remember when custom license plates started?
    03-10-15 11:15 AM
    ... And then, what would the custom PIN example say?

Ha, I wonder how BlackBerry will filter the requests. This could be a difficult task. Remember when custom license plates started?
    Well, I know of a PIN "APPLESUX" or something to that effect.
    03-10-15 11:20 AM
    You have to realise that the DOW Jones is below its 50-dma today, not a good sign for any stock in the market.

This isn't just about BBRY here.

Edit: Look at APPL, they came out with the best watch ever and the stock is getting dropped too. Hard to find a positive stock today. ACAD is up, SPHS is up a penny, that's all that I can see in my list.

It is such a comfort when you burp me and put me back down.

Don't like a drop after a large purchase. Thanks for the note!
    03-10-15 11:22 AM
    I just bought a chunk of BBRY yesterday at what I thought was a good price, today, it is below its blue uptrend line on my chart. I think JLagoon would agree that the price of the stock is below his uptrend too so that's a bit bearish.
    We haven't seen these prices since mid October last year. Five months ago. I would think that this pull back is a little over done.
    03-10-15 11:23 AM
    We haven't seen these prices since mid October last year. Five months ago. I would think that this pull back is a little over done.
    I feel that way too, Munchers and I are ticked off right now, we like instant gratification! The DOW is clearly not wanting to stop at its 50-dma today, the pressure is there and many stocks are red, but there doesn't seem to be any panic, we are down and holding on really light afternoon volume now. With the DOW barely under 50-dma, we could regain it tomorrow and pop back to decent levels very quickly. BBRY is dealing with a GS black eye from yesterday so it is "special".

Heck, I felt that $ 426 MM enterprise figure wasn't that bad, than Simona talked about strong hardware sales and I thought to myself, "we will have growth in software and hardware", so I jumped in big yesterday. I like the stock when it is a buck away from John Chen's stock option purchase price, it is also below Prem's bond conversation price so I like that too. See, I can rationalize anything when I put my mind to it! ( I need a big bowl of icecream RIGHT NOW, but how can I justify all of that fat? Hummn? ..... I know!) LOL
    03-10-15 11:35 AM
    Not manipulated. Shrinking company with a bad reputation in the US. WS has long retreated into a show-me mentality. Revenue could be terrible this quarter.

I actually thought GS assumption of 8M licensees at $11 ARPU was fair for this year.

Posted via CB10
    early2bed likes this.
    03-10-15 11:39 AM
    Currently BB is down 3.6% on the day. MOBL is down 7.5% on the day. Not everyone believes that GS report.
    03-10-15 11:40 AM
    BBRY is dealing with a GS black eye from yesterday so it is "special".
    You have a way with words.
    03-10-15 11:40 AM
    BBRY will be on a roller coaster for a while. If you truly believe in this company:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-keepcalm.gif
    03-10-15 11:44 AM
    This is the most manipulated stock for last few years. as i have said before, those 80+million shorts are very organized and they are there for a reason. That is one of the reason that occasionally, TA fails big times. Thats why, good idea to keep some long term holdings in this stock plus, this BS ups and downs money to take advantage of. IMO, we got the game just right.
    Having said all of that, the JC and his team is doing the best they can to get the company on it's feet. the funny thing is that most people have a very selective hearing, when it comes to hearing JC. JC is saying over and over that, worst is over, now it's time to make some money. instead people paying attention to BS of these analysts, who obviously have conflict of interest in bringing the Blackberry down. been seeing this movie over and over but, at the same times, it is giving me opportunities, to make money over and over.
    how ever, these BS tactics putting doubts in blackberry "investors" mind that it is a traders stock so for. hopefully this will change soon. these kind of BS reports show up when blackberry is in quite period.
    I hope that JC and his team feed some fake doom and gloom info to the moles, so that these analysts can be beaten at their own dirty games.
    03-10-15 11:46 AM
    I think this news would have been a better partner with the SAP news I posted earlier.

BlackBerry will provide hardware and software support for cloud-based communications boxes built into shipping containers.

Each device will include a cellular radio, Wi-Fi connectivity, a microprocessor and sensors that monitor what’s in the container, its location and other details to help fleet managers stay on top of their products and anticipate potential problems.

“There’s lots of useful information you can collect to get more efficient,” said Sandeep Chennakeshu, president of the BlackBerry’s Technology Solutions unit in a telephone phone interview from CES.

“(The communication box is) very similar to a cell phone, except it doesn’t have a display or a keypad. That’s right up our alley.”

An early test was completed in October and plans are underway to make the devices available in “limited specific-use cases” in April, Mr. Chennakeshu said.
    BlackBerry chases shipping industry with cloud management platform - The Globe and Mail
    03-10-15 12:06 PM
    Double OT alert:
    This is making my day, and some money!

Morgan all my best to you! Please take care of your health and yourself, as this will be the key to speedy recovery!

MOBL is down 7.5% on the day.
    03-10-15 12:43 PM
    I think this news would have been a better partner with the SAP news I posted earlier.

BlackBerry chases shipping industry with cloud management platform - The Globe and Mail
    and this,
    SAP Prepares to Take On The Internet of Things, Announces String of New Partnerships - Forbes
    03-10-15 01:19 PM
    Full list of members to the Industrial Internet Consortium of which BlackBerry and SAP are members. Apple and Google are noticeable by their absence.

Industrial Internet Consortium: Member List
    03-10-15 01:38 PM
    Full list of members to the Industrial Internet Consortium of which BlackBerry and SAP are members. Apple and Google are noticeable by their absence.

Industrial Internet Consortium: Member List
    Nice find Hoa.

#BBFactCheck
    La Emperor, bungaboy and W Hoa like this.
    03-10-15 01:51 PM
113,256 ... 32513252325332543255 ...