View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I for one would love them to make an android phone for consumers. Not because i will use it but because i think if they ever want to be successful in the consumer markets again they will need to. Don't get me wrong ill always use bb10 but i can see a blackberry android phone doing pretty well. The way i see it happening is that blackberry android will include all the goodies that they want to release for android and ios like Hub for free on these devices. Great marketing 'Dont want to pay a subscription fee for all our productivity suite then buy a blackberry android'.
    I didn't think of that. Good call! Very very smart move and thinking to differentiate from stock Android! Add in the PBK for those who want it, slider for those who want choice, and I'm sure all touch maybe the rumoured Titan line.
    03-05-15 11:47 AM
    OT: Kinda....The Android rumor is very intriguing to say the least. With the entry of Google into the wireless service space, some possibilities may exist. With Hypervisor capability of QNX and the recent support of announcement of BES 12 for Android for Work , it just may allow future releases of BB10 to host Android virtually, hence allowing it to connect to Google Play.?? Just not sure how this would sound to the OHA agreement, but with Google owning their own wireless space maybe they can skirt around without violating the agreement.

I'm sure would love to hear comments from people in the know about the OHA alliance, etc.etc.

Here's Google announcement this morning.
    Google Inc. Enters the Wireless Phone Market: Here's What You Need to Know (GOOG, GOOGL)
    03-05-15 12:02 PM
    03-05-15 12:02 PM
    I think the BlackBerry Android thing is about as good an idea as the dummy tablet idea that circulated a while ago. I struggle to see why someone who didn't want a BlackBerry BlackBerry would go and buy Android BlackBerry - I just don't see it. Why wouldn't they just buy a Samsung?

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-05-15 12:09 PM
    Maybe because an Andriod running on top of BB10 is probably much more difficult to root than an Adroid stock.
    03-05-15 12:18 PM
    I for one would love them to make an android phone for consumers. Not because i will use it but because i think if they ever want to be successful in the consumer markets again they will need to. Don't get me wrong ill always use bb10 but i can see a blackberry android phone doing pretty well. The way i see it happening is that blackberry android will include all the goodies that they want to release for android and ios like Hub for free on these devices. Great marketing 'Dont want to pay a subscription fee for all our productivity suite then buy a blackberry android'.
    OT.

Sounds like a smart move. But the day when BlackBerry makes the first Android phones the tiny little flame of life in the BB10 ecosystem will stop burning.
    Right now I have still the hope they will stabilze the marketshare with innovative devices or even find a partner, maybe Samsung using BB10 instead of Tizen or something like that. There is still life in the ecosystem. A BlackBerry Android phone would kill it, because it would be the final signal of a complete transition to Android.
    You will not have the choice to 'allways use bb10' anymore, if this happens.
    03-05-15 12:18 PM
    I think the BlackBerry Android thing is about as good an idea as the dummy tablet idea that circulated a while ago. I struggle to see why someone who didn't want a BlackBerry BlackBerry would go and buy Android BlackBerry - I just don't see it. Why wouldn't they just buy a Samsung?

Posted via CB10
    Why would the buy a Samsung BlackBerry?

Personal preference. Some might prefer BlackBerry's hardware, but (for some reason?!) prefer the Android OS.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    03-05-15 12:32 PM
    OT.

Sounds like a smart move. But the day when BlackBerry makes the first Android phones the tiny little flame of life in the BB10 ecosystem will stop burning.
    Right now I have still the hope they will stabilze the marketshare with innovative devices or even find a partner, maybe Samsung using BB10 instead of Tizen or something like that. There is still life in the ecosystem. A BlackBerry Android phone would kill it, because it would be the final signal of a complete transition to Android.
    I believe future BBRY devices will still be on BB10 only. And if you're happy with the native apps, then you don't have to do anything. Just enjoy the productivity. Period!
    Now sometime along another BB10 user wants to use Android apps from Google Play etc and unfortunately not available at Amazon. So what does he do. Buy Android for BB10 in the AppWorld. Just like buying an app..or using something like SNAP... Maybe this is the plan...I said maybe.

This would be akin to the pc world, where you buy a pc loaded with Windows by default ( mostly )and then buy VMware on the side so you can play with other stuff.

It's all about choices and agreements..

03-05-15 12:47 PM
    MobileIron is a leader in delivering basic foundational pieces to enterprises just starting to build mobile IT roadmaps.
    ... and then BES12 in the cloud arrived ...
    Really hard times in sight for MOBL.
    03-05-15 01:04 PM
    OT.

BB10 is for highly regulated corporates...and those of us on the Crackberry boards. I would love a dual OS phone. I would use BB10 for everything except those Android apps that need GPS. That might be 10% of the time. But there would be no limitations or 'app gap'. Imagine using a 3 finger side swipe to switch between BB10 and Android 'workspace OS'. That easy.
    CDM76 and awindsr like this.
    03-05-15 01:25 PM
    Link?

Edit: and after reading this 5 more times: Huh?

Posted via CB10
    Ok didn't realize the benchmark was from a BB10 android app (from the runtime). So....let's just go with the rumour of a blackberry employee running Android on a Passport. Rumours is all then I take back the 'fact' piece.
    03-05-15 01:28 PM
    Back on topic (see what I did here ? )

Stable around the $10.8x line with anemic volumes.
    Not sure why, but pretty happy with that

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Have a nice evening, gang !
    03-05-15 01:30 PM
    Which is the site you're using Supermouche?

It look's like we are on a rock solid road to 11$
    Corbu and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    03-05-15 01:50 PM
    Back on topic (see what I did here ? )

Stable around the $10.8x line with anemic volumes.
    Not sure why, but pretty happy with that

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1966 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	339081
    Have a nice evening, gang !
    So happy we are stable and holding are gains
    03-05-15 01:52 PM
    And back to the Health Care Front.
    Did you know that the recent Partnership between Nanthealth and Allscripts, that will bring precision medicine in the near future was endorsed by Obama himself during the State of the Union Speech.

Check out this article about the Partnership.

EMR partnership ties mHealth into precision medicine
    The partnership between NantHealth and Allscripts, announced March 2, pushes the needle on two fronts. As envisioned, it would give clinicians access to individual genomic (DNA) and transcriptome (RNA) data at the point of care, enabling them to create a specific care plan for each cancer patient; second, it would enable clinicians to gather data from medical devices, both for population health purposes and to monitor patients at home.

The project marries mHealth to so-called precision medicine, a high-tech concept brought into the mainstream by President Barack Obama during his recent State of the Union Address. While much of the talk had been focused around the use of technology to gather and collate genetic data from a patient, projects like the NantHealth/Allscripts collaboration are the first to illustrate how mHealth can be used to connect patients to individual care protocols and give clinicians a platform to manage individual patients around-the-clock and reach large groups of people with similar care coordination needs.....
    EMR partnership ties mHealth into precision medicine | mHealthNews

And the State of the Union Speech...back in January.

"Tonight, I'm launching a new precision medicine Initiative to bring us closer to curing diseases like cancer and diabetes – and to give all of us access to the personalized information we need to keep ourselves and our families healthier," he told the nation earlier this week.

And that was it. Nothing more on the topic, at least for now.

Healthcare leaders jumped on those scant few words and applauded the President for his support of what's also been called "personalized medicine," and what's been defined so far as the mapping of the individual human DNA. The human genome project, funded by the government and completed in 2003, identified about 20,500 human genes.
    So what was the President talking about? | mHealthNews

And yet Cody Willard still thinks Blackberry is dead!!! Think again Mr. Willard!
    Last edited by La Emperor; 03-05-15 at 02:12 PM.
    03-05-15 02:02 PM
    And then

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-air_20150305_00000.jpg

Canadian play money but still, what happened!

Must be those BlackBerry goin' 'droid rumors!!!!!!

Posted with my flash Passport
    03-05-15 02:26 PM
    And then

Name:	AIR_20150305_00000.jpg 
Views:	3195 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	339095

I put my money on shorts covering
    03-05-15 02:32 PM
    And then

Name:	AIR_20150305_00000.jpg 
Views:	3195 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	339095

Just checked my online acct and thought same thing..... that somebody knows something.

One thing I've found with bbry though, it usually takes a day or two for people to fully process an announcement and the stock to react accordingly. Unless it's negative news, then it tanks immediately lol

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 02:37 PM
    We had downtrend on low volume announcing a bad next day...
    Now the patterns seems to be 'we try to push down' 'Shat, fails wtf ? ' then getting a bit nervous... then a good next day...
    Who said ? Me
    Backed with ? Nothing ... err... guts feelings 100% !

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 02:45 PM
    G&M writes positive'ish article on BlackBerry, skies open, angels descend.....

Why BlackBerry has a fighting chance at a comeback - The Globe and Mail
    03-05-15 03:40 PM
    OT about Apple though it might be interesting !

Apple�s capitulation to China undermines Obama�s tough talk on snooping � Quartz

http://qz.com/356233/apples-capitula...k-on-snooping/
    jxnb, zyben, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    03-05-15 04:00 PM
    I think it is NASDAQ Stock Market - Stock Quotes - Stock Exchange News - NASDAQ.com (BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Real-Time Stock Quote - NASDAQ.com)
    Which is the site you're using Supermouche?

It look's like we are on a rock solid road to 11$
    03-05-15 05:19 PM
    Here's an other OT, they mention BlackBerry at the end. But it goes to show why Samsung has an interest in BlackBerry.

Phys.Org Mobile: Hackers threaten phone in your pocket, experts warn

http://m.phys.org/news/2015-03-hacke...t-experts.html
    03-05-15 07:30 PM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    OT: MOBL
    So, how about a bit of Morgan Stanley research from our friend at MS, to start the day with a smile?
    Conversation the night before went something like this :

"Hello Fawcett (Morgan Stanley) , Bob Tinker (Ceo) Mobile Iron here... MOBL stock has been tanking badly!... and our prospects look very dim.. BlackBerry is kicking our ***! ...
    I don't need to tell you how your firm's investment in our firm is looking, do I ?...
    I think a Morgan Stanley "research update" is timely, don't you? "

Day end next day.. ceo Mobile Iron call to Morgan Stanley :
    " FAWCETT...stock up 4 percent today!"....don't you just love win-win relationships ",
    ... they both laugh....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 03-05-15 at 08:00 PM.
    03-05-15 07:35 PM
    Thank you for this, randall. Allow me to point something out, though...

CNN appears to have been pretty sneaky here...

Unless I am completely out to lunch, this interview is actually an edited version of the original December 17, 2014 interview that they had done when the Classic came out. They simply inserted some Leap images to make it appear more current or even refer to this latest model, as opposed to the Classic.

Original interview here: Blackberry is going back to its roots - CNN Video

Anecdotal stuff but CNN exhibiting some pretty lax ethical and journalistic standards, if you ask me. But should we be surprised...
    Nice find. Here's a truly recent interview with JC taking on the MSM talking heads.

CEO lays out Blackberry's future - CNN Video
    3MIKE, rarsen, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    03-05-15 08:02 PM
113,250 ... 32433244324532463247 ...