View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Wow. A thread like this just two days after BlackBerry has announced 4 new phones. On a BlackBerry fan page. After all the good news, partnerships and so on. And most commentors agree that this would be a smart move. I can only say wow with a sad emphasis.
    Is it that big a deal though? I wouldn't worry about it at all. Nothing to get overly sensitive about.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 07:14 AM
    Wow. A thread like this just two days after BlackBerry has announced 4 new phones. On a BlackBerry fan page. After all the good news, partnerships and so on. And most commentors agree that this would be a smart move. I can only say wow with a sad emphasis.
    I for one would love them to make an android phone for consumers. Not because i will use it but because i think if they ever want to be successful in the consumer markets again they will need to. Don't get me wrong ill always use bb10 but i can see a blackberry android phone doing pretty well. The way i see it happening is that blackberry android will include all the goodies that they want to release for android and ios like Hub for free on these devices. Great marketing 'Dont want to pay a subscription fee for all our productivity suite then buy a blackberry android'.
    kfh227 likes this.
    03-05-15 07:33 AM
    Some mid-week questioning

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-napoleon.jpg
    Corbu, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 14 others like this.
    03-05-15 07:37 AM
    Nice one Rarsen! Thanks for the laugh.

Sorry no other platform for me, but BB10.

I don't want to be a wannabe, but want, what I want and not what someone wants me to have.
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    03-05-15 07:55 AM
    Is it that big a deal though? I wouldn't worry about it at all. Nothing to get overly sensitive about.

Posted via CB10
    If they did that all the news will go out that BB10 is dead. Even if BlackBerry ran BB10 and Android via the QNX hypervisor, BB10 would be proclaimed dead.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 08:16 AM
    OT: MOBL
    So, how about a bit of Morgan Stanley research from our friend at MS, to start the day with a smile?

March 5, 2015

MobileIron

Industry View: Cautious
    Stock rating: Overweight

TMT Conference Wrap-Up: Healthy Market Helping MobileIron

Our discussion with CEO Bob Tinker Wednesday focused on how the enterprise mobility market needs are expanding, helping MobileIron not only as it thins the competitive landscape, but increases ASPs.

Growing requirements help pricing. A couple of years ago, the needs of enterprises around mobility were relatively light – enable secure email and give some sort of management dashboard. This was known as mobile device management (MDM). As market needs have evolved and the industry has increasingly moved to “mobile-first”, customers are now demanding apps, content and traffic be secure as well, creating a market for the higher value/priced enterprise mobility management (EMM). As a result of customers increasingly adopting EMM vs. basic MDM (attach rates beyond MDM for MOBL ranged between 60-80% in 2014), MOBL saw their ASPs grow high single digits in 2014 (after also growing in 2013). The company expects ASPs to continue to grow as the attach rates for EMM services increase.

Competitive landscape thinning as market requirements evolve. While there has been lots of concerns over competitive pressures in the space taking down ASPs, MobileIron is seeing the competitive landscape thin, which is also helping to buoy ASPs. While there were lots of competitors in the MDM market, which hurt pricing, the requirements for security, scale, depth of offering and multi-platform support have grow significantly, resulting in a thinning of the number of vendors who can compete. MobileIron is seeing win rates ~2/3 in their core market of SME customers (primarily seeing VMW/Airwatch in competitive engagements) as the market is increasingly requesting features that a narrowing field of competitors can support.

Inflection point not here yet, but starting to get support from broader ecosystem. One of the ?'s brought up was what will cause the inflection point for the EMM market. The company stated that customers making the decision that mobile is the primary computing platform (starting to see in healthcare, sales and prof services), increased adoption of BYOD (enterprises deciding that enabling mobility is important for all employees not just C-suite) and OS’s converging to be mobile first vs. desktop based (e.g. Windows 10) will all help EMM hit an inflection point. While the market still has a ways to go, the seeds for all three of those growth vectors have been planted.

Remain OW, PT $13. We think the market remains overly concerned on the pricing environment and are further encouraged by the company's recent positive commentary. We remain OW with a price target of $13 (~4.5x EV/16e Rev).

Investment Thesis

• MobileIron is a leader in delivering basic foundational pieces to enterprises just starting to build mobile IT roadmaps.
    • We estimate that less than 1/4th of the ultimate enterprise addressable market has any type of solution in place.
    • MDM (mobile device management), application management, and content management are just the beginning of needed services.
    • MobileIron has an early footprint advantage vs. most and we expect the company to expand within existing customers as well as adding new ones.

Key Debates
    • Is there a risk of commoditization in enterprise mobility market? As solution set expands beyond MDM, we see reduced risk of this.
    • Are there enough customers left who have no enterprise mobility solutions? We believe that the market opportunity is set to expand 4x in the coming years.
    • Will MobileIron be able to survive with a mobility only software solution? We think it will be an advantage in the next 3-5 years.
    • How many leaders will emerge in enterprise mobility? We think that there will be 3-4 and that MobileIron will be able to emerge as a leader.

Potential Catalysts
    • Increasing attach rates and adoption of non-MDM products.
    • Weakness in adoption of BES 12.0, putting BlackBerry's ~10mm remaining enterprise subscribers in play.
    • Demonstrated share gains in the market.
    • Increasing operating leverage and visibility to revenue model.

Risks to Achieving Price Target
    • Long time to customer profitability.
    • Profitability probably not driven by current product roadmap.
    • Company fails to gain share.
    • Litigation.
    • Largest IT companies incorporate similar functionality into established offerings.

Bull ($18), Base ($13) and Bear ($5.5) scenarios

Morgan Stanley does and seeks to do business with companies covered in Morgan Stanley Research. As a result, investors should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of Morgan Stanley Research. Investors should consider Morgan Stanley Research as only a single factor in making their investment decision.
    03-05-15 08:32 AM
    OT: MOBL
    So, how about a bit of Morgan Stanley research from our friend at MS, to start the day with a smile?
    Good morning Corbu !!

Shouldn't this statement be at the top of the article?

Morgan Stanley does and seeks to do business with companies covered in Morgan Stanley Research. As a result, investors should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of Morgan Stanley Research.

This is all you need to know about MS. Thanks
    03-05-15 08:43 AM
    Good morning Corbu !!

Shouldn't this statement be at the top of the article?
    Aren't you glad I inserted it? I knew it would get a smile from you...

03-05-15 08:46 AM
    Just no volume at all.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    03-05-15 08:58 AM
    Updated: BlackBerry Classic NOW AVAILABLE This Thursday On The Verizon Wireless Network | Inside BlackBerry

UPDATE – March 5, 2015:

The BlackBerry Classic is now available at Verizon retail locations across the country in addition to VerizonWireless.com.
    03-05-15 09:01 AM
    I though it was supposed to be on feb 26th?
    03-05-15 09:25 AM
    That turned out to be pre-orders.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 09:29 AM
    On the 26th, on the Verizon Wireless Network
    As of today, at Verizon retail locations across the country in addition to VerizonWireless.com.
    03-05-15 09:35 AM
    Duel OS s BlackBerry and Android.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on this boat. Hypervisor. And the fact that a Passport is shown running Android on the benchmarks and there is rumour of BBRY employees having an Android Passport is required to support this.
    03-05-15 09:53 AM
    I think you all will like this interview with JC, I did. I LOL'd when he said "I don't know how to be sexy, at least at my age"

http://money.cnn.com/video/technolog...rview.cnnmoney
    3MIKE, rarsen, jxnb and 5 others like this.
    03-05-15 09:55 AM
    I think you all will like this interview with JC, I did. I LOL'd when he said "I don't know how to be sexy, at least at my age"

[video]http://money.cnn.com/video/technology/2015/03/04/blackberry-ceo-john-chen-interview.cnnmoney[/url]
    Thank you for this, randall. Allow me to point something out, though...

CNN appears to have been pretty sneaky here...

Unless I am completely out to lunch, this interview is actually an edited version of the original December 17, 2014 interview that they had done when the Classic came out. They simply inserted some Leap images to make it appear more current or even refer to this latest model, as opposed to the Classic.

Original interview here: Blackberry is going back to its roots - CNN Video

Anecdotal stuff but CNN exhibiting some pretty lax ethical and journalistic standards, if you ask me. But should we be surprised...
    jxnb, La Emperor, rarsen and 22 others like this.
    03-05-15 10:06 AM

Unless I am completely out to lunch, this interview is actually an edited version of the original December 17, 2014 interview that they had done when the Classic came out. They simply inserted some Leap images to make it appear more current or even refer to this latest model, as opposed to the Classic.

Anecdotal stuff but CNN exhibiting some pretty lax ethical and journalistic standards, if you ask me. But should we be surprised...
    Wow... just wow. But you're right, not surprising in the least.
    03-05-15 10:20 AM
    Corbu you are GOOD!!!

Edit: we can always rely on you to bring us good information!! no wonder why you are the most Thanked.
    here is another "Thank You"

03-05-15 10:29 AM
    OT: kinda just thinking out loud here.

If you've been watching the news over the west coast Vancouver to be exact, there were containers on fire in one of the ports yesterday. Took firefighters hours to put it down with lots of their resources in play, not mention the smoke billowing caused some respiratory irritation to the public. The police were also patrolling the surrounding neighborhood with their megaphones warning the public to stay inside and to shut their windows and doors.

Now this is a perfect opportunity for the vertical that BBRY is testing their stuff in. Had those containers have device/sensors installed ( ie. similar to hbox) to monitor the inside for heat, etc. that scenario could have been easily avoided or at least handled better, perhaps. The danger it posed to public was also real, as the chemicals burning were some cleaning agent and probably toxic.

I'm sure the insurance companies would love this device installed and the city itself would probably call for it if they get some lawsuit from those affected. And it would probably be supported by those businesses shut down by this event.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 03-05-15 at 10:52 AM.
    03-05-15 10:41 AM
    OT: Follow up on my previous post

Official news from Vancouver sun
    13 people were treated in hospital after Vancouver waterfront fire: officials (with video)
    morganplus8, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    03-05-15 10:45 AM
    I'm on this boat. Hypervisor. And the fact that a Passport is shown running Android on the benchmarks and there is rumour of BBRY employees having an Android Passport is required to support this.
    Link?

Edit: and after reading this 5 more times: Huh?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 10:47 AM
    Link?

Posted via CB10
    It's not really shown using Android. It's just when an Android app used to test the benchmark, it shows as running the Android OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 10:51 AM
    Thanks Soumaila!

Wasn't that one pretty "skillful" on the part of CNN?

For the record, my goal is not to get "Thanks" ou "Likes" or anything. I certainly do not have the technical analysis, charting and financial knowledge and experience that Morgan, JLagoon, CJ and many others have. I do not have the investment savviness that many of you have. I am sure I do not have the breadth of technical expertise that most of you here have either. And lastly, I am relatively late to this party as some of you, like Bungaboy, Shaneredflag, sidhuk - pardon me if I am omitting anyone - have been holding the fort for a very long time. So what can I do? What I can and try to bring - as many others do - is information. So that we can discern the good from the bad, the truth from the fud, collectively benefit from it, recover the sums that have been lost by some and one day get to that 100$ party! Let's do it!!

And again, none of this would have been possible without SF.
    03-05-15 10:55 AM
    03-05-15 11:03 AM
    Where did this android rumour come from? Did BlackBerry leak this on purpose? Is there really something in the air? Is it to scare short players?
    03-05-15 11:11 AM
113,250 ... 32423243324432453246 ...