Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    03-03-15 09:39 AM
    Over at bbm channel C0001DB0D

"Some details have come up, that the screen and camera of the upcoming BlackBerry Slider are a byproduct of some Samsung deals.

That means the screen is looking at QHD, and the camera is an upward of 16MP + OIS.

More details coming. "

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    03-03-15 09:52 AM

"Some details have come up, that the screen and camera of the upcoming BlackBerry Slider are a byproduct of some Samsung deals.

That means the screen is looking at QHD, and the camera is an upward of 16MP + OIS.

More details coming. "

Looking at that picture Dylan posted on his BBM channel, that camera does look a lot like the Samsung one on the S6.

I'm excited for that, this device will turn heads. Although I can see the standard bashing though "BlackBerry releases a slider derp derp"

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Superfly_FR and Mr BBRY like this.
    03-03-15 10:00 AM
    Looking at that picture Dylan posted on his BBM channel, that camera does look a lot like the Samsung one on the S6.

I'm excited for that, this device will turn heads. Although I can see the standard bashing though "BlackBerry releases a slider derp derp"

Posted via CB10
    Which is already on. The gizmododo DB,POS working hard bad mouthing slider and the blackberry as company with it.

03-03-15 10:27 AM
    Please bounce here (at max) sugar !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    3MIKE and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    03-03-15 10:40 AM
    @superfly is BlackBerry presently anything for the next few days

#BBFactCheck
    03-03-15 10:44 AM

More details coming. "

Finally giving people a leading edge device???? The leap has virtually exact same specs as the Z30. With all the changes in management last couple years I think they really need to change the bosses in the device design dept. Someone who can lead them to building cutting-edge devices again. They will never sell the millions of devices they need, by putting on mid grade devices.

It's like the auto industry over pricing hybrid vehicles then saying "no one wants them " when in reality the consumers just don't see the benefits when there are so many other options to choose from

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 03-03-15 at 11:26 AM.
    03-03-15 10:48 AM
    I'm even more excited about the two curved edges. it's like bb10 was designed around this phone. The menu system of native apps has the two menues, the overflow menue and the action menue aligned to these edges. Every native app will run perfectly imho.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, rarsen, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    03-03-15 10:49 AM
    @superfly is BlackBerry presently anything for the next few days

#BBFactCheck
    Sorry, not sure what you mean.
    03-03-15 11:02 AM
    BB.TO is one of top ten traded stocks so far today..... on the Toronto exchange.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 11:03 AM
    If you need some good quality LEAP pics for your social ...
    BlackBerry Leap - UK

To the slight dismay of some of us here, the Leap launch does in fact tell us that the Z3 was successful enough to warrant a refresh. A good sign.

SF: that last commentary re capping the latest news was superb.
    Sometimes this thread looks like a blog!

Now that we have had a chart update from Morgan, Lagoon, and CJ showing huge compression, all we needed to see was this latest news.
    Time to launch...!
    CDM76, morganplus8, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    03-03-15 11:19 AM
    03-03-15 11:29 AM
    JC on CNBC
    Leap, channels, etc.
    Blackberry unveils new smartphone: CEO
    ...That strange noise about half way in the clip that made Chen turn around was confirmed to be a (booby-trap) made from from a co-op between Good and Mobl. In a feeble botched attempt to take him out.

C'mon buddy! Fix your shirt!
    Looks like they used a Mobile Iron employee to show the new device.

Attachment 338446

... I'll bet he was wearing brown loafers too.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 03-03-15 at 11:58 AM.
    03-03-15 11:30 AM
    Food from thought, from yesterday, around the market for mid-range phones...
    BBC News - Sony and Microsoft focus on mid-range smartphones at MWC

The companies' decisions to leave more high-profile launches until later has one immediate benefit: the flagships do not risk being overshadowed by Samsung's Galaxy S6, which was unveiled on Sunday evening.

Even so, one expert said the importance of the fast-growing mid-range market should not be underestimated.

"It's much harder to win over people at the high-end than the mid-tier, and it costs more money to do so, especially if you're not one of the top few handset brands," said Carolina Milanese, chief of research at KWP ComTech.

"In the mid-tier there's also less loyalty - consumers switch around more - so there's a bigger proportion of the market to go after.

"And it's easier to demonstrate value, by offering a different balance of price and features.

"But the challenge is that you are competing with more firms and some of them are pretty ruthless when it comes to price."

LG, Motorola and ZTE also unveiled new mid-range smartphones in the days leading up to MWC.
    Budget cuts

Sony announced a policy change last month, saying that it was going to limit investment in its smartphone line-up as part of efforts to return to profit.

The Japanese firm's chief executive, Kazuo Hirai, added that he might later consider "an exit strategy" from mobile phones altogether, though he said no such plan was currently in the works.
    morganplus8, rarsen, CDM76 and 3 others like this.
    03-03-15 11:49 AM
    03-03-15 11:55 AM
    What is pretty exciting to me here and seams to have been over looked by many is Jhon Chen's statement where he says that Blackberry's two year turn around plan was ahead of schedule.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:09 PM
    Why Is This Analyst More Worried About Android Than BlackBerry?

The future of Google Inc's GOOG 0.05% ubiquitous operating system may not be set in stone.

Between the rise of iOS devices, the decline of SAMSUNG ELECT LTD(F) SSNLF and the potential for Windows Phone to accelerate, Android is no longer the easy leader in mobile development.

"I am more worried about Android than BlackBerry," Global Equities Research analyst Trip Chowdhry told Benzinga. "Even though they have the market numbers, Android is in trouble right now."

Chowdhry's comments came after BlackBerry Ltd BBRY 1% announced Leap, its latest smartphone. The device is being targeted at a niche group of consumers: entrepreneurs.

"[Android] is just like a belly button -- everybody has one, whether you are rich, poor, whatever," Chowdhry joked. "A certain segment of society�has an aspiration to be differentiated. Android is not catering to that anymore."

Chowdhry believes that BlackBerry stands to benefit from the "consumer fatigue" that plagues Android.

"[President] Obama uses BlackBerry," said Chowdhry. "Why? When you think about that high level of security that a President needs�you can't just be an inch deep and a mile long. To get that kind of business you have to be [very secure]. It's a very high niche market, but it is the right strategy for BlackBerry to follow."

Chowdhry said that Android cannot "harden" its operating system to the level that BlackBerry has achieved -- that is, increase its security to become a dominant player within federal governments all over the world.

"To accomplish that level of security, who would you trust?" Chowdhry questioned. "BlackBerry or Google? Google has been blatantly using your information. The reason why Google is failing today is not because of technology, it's because of behavior."

Shares of Google are up more than 8 percent year-to-date, but Chowdhry said the fundamentals are weaker than they were 12 months ago. He said they don't support the stock and might show up in the company's results.

"When it comes to deep security, Android is a non-player," Chowdhry added. "They will not get a single customer because they do not have the credibility of securing privacy. The path at which BlackBerry is going is [the right] path because they are not becoming a belly button player. They have deep expertise in securing the wireless mobile services that nobody else can do."

Not even Apple Inc. AAPL 0.18% can compete in this regard.

"Apple iPhone cannot be secure to the level that federal agencies require, like the President," Chowdhry concluded.

Read more: Why Is This Analyst More Worried About Android Than BlackBerry? - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY), Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG) | Benzinga
    03-03-15 12:12 PM
    When did we hit $11.48 fo the last time (omit Samsung rumor) ?
    BTW our resistance seems to sit above $11.10, somewhere in the $11.15 ?
    Volume isn't that bad, nor exploding ... are we trading a "normal" stock again ?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    03-03-15 12:19 PM
    re: Chowdhry

Let's not take this as a finite reflexion, IMHO.
    Rosy glasses off ...
    As of today, only in the the [secure/trusted/monitored] niche market BlackBerry can fight and certainly beat Google.
    There's another one claiming that 'Samsung is dead': the CyanogenMod CEO.
    Let them talk, won't harm us ... still ... ahum-ahum-cough-cough
    03-03-15 12:25 PM
    03-03-15 12:37 PM
    TADAAA !
    Here we go again ... or not
    BlackBerry CEO: I'm open to creating a tablet again - CNET
    03-03-15 12:44 PM
    SF: that last commentary re capping the latest news was superb.
    Sometimes this thread looks like a blog!
    Thank you (my button is dead for today)
    03-03-15 12:56 PM
    I wonder what would make a tablet "iconic"?
    03-03-15 12:59 PM
    When did we hit $11.48 fo the last time (omit Samsung rumor) ?
    BTW our resistance seems to sit above $11.10, somewhere in the $11.15 ?
    Volume isn't that bad, nor exploding ... are we trading a "normal" stock again ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1376 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	338458
    Hi Superfly !!

Don't read too much into the trading today, we were overbought in one major indicator and that is fast improving now.

Stop the press for a minute:
    Thank you so much for that message summarizing today's events. Between you and Corbu, it takes minutes to figure out hours worth of news/media events. You knocked it out of the park with that post.

As for BBRY, it is dropping back into its Bollinger Band borders, where we are right at this minute, still, it is also quickly venturing outside of those borders showing huge strength. What I think we'll see is the stock moving up from here at a very controlled pace. I see a rally that spans a couple of weeks and going to the mid to higher $ 11.00's, say $ 11.75/shr on this move. The general market is weak, we look toppy there, but BBRY is about to leave the $ 10.00's in favour of a new trading range. All of the information that BB has dropped on us doesn't flow to the bottom line for many months and quarters so it is premature to expect us to overcome some TA and rally right now. But the groundwork has been laid in such a way that everyone will feel comfortable with their investments, thus drying up stock here. Watch the close, if the general market firms up, so will BBRY.

Thanks again, fantastic work today.
    03-03-15 01:01 PM
    Yes, I have to chill out a little lol
    Thanks for the rich but simple explantions.

Thank you so much for that message summarizing today's events. Between you and Corbu, it takes minutes to figure out hours worth of news/media events. You knocked it out of the park with that post.
    Thanks
    Only copy/paste stuff, won't compare to your insightful contributions, my Lord !
    03-03-15 01:08 PM
113,256 ... 32383239324032413242 ...