View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT: Too many BBRY news is no good. Here's one from APPL Pay .

Banks are ‘scrambling’ to stamp out Apple Pay-related fraud

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/banks-s...200325818.html
    03-02-15 03:56 PM
    OT: Too many BBRY news is no good. Here's one from APPL Pay .

Banks are �scrambling� to stamp out Apple Pay-related fraud

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/banks-s...200325818.html
    Big surprise on Apple's answer. "It's the bank's fault"

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:12 PM
    Big surprise on Apple's answer. "It's the bank's fault"

Posted via CB10
    Apple Pay Being Hit By A Surprising Amount Of Fraud | Popular Science

'Fraud is a rampant problem in the credit card industry, and while technology like Apple Pay was supposed to improve the security of our finances, it turns out that it's only as secure as the people that back it."
    rarsen and jxnb like this.
    03-02-15 04:21 PM
    Ok let's place our bets on what is going to be announced at mwc tomorrow. I think they will demo the leap/rio obv and show the visa/slider type and maybe mention a full touch bb10 Samsung made phone

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:38 PM
    I don't think we'll see any sort of Samsung device partnership being announced tomorrow. I don't know why people are expecting It.

Then again, I wouldn't mind being wrong on this occasion.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-02-15 05:06 PM
    Ok let's place our bets on what is going to be announced at mwc tomorrow. I think they will demo the leap/rio obv and show the visa/slider type and maybe mention a full touch bb10 Samsung made phone

Posted via CB10
    Leap, funny slider and short mention of PP and Classic refreshes

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:10 PM
    Leap, slider and work book. . Nice to dream.

Classically Posted.
    Corbu, dusdal, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    03-02-15 05:14 PM
    BlackBerry's software strategy: Will the stars line up? | ZDNet
    Summary: BlackBerry has BES12 at the core of its software strategy, but a lot of other moving parts need to line up if the company is going to be an enterprise application contender.

BlackBerry has big plans for its software business, but the big question is whether the "BlackBerry experience" will matter across multiple devices.

CEO John Chen he's hopeful the company can hit the $500 million mark in software revenue anchored by BlackBerry Enterprise Server and then building "a business putting software on other devices."

At Mobile World Congress this week, BlackBerry made a few moves to further its software strategy. To wit:

• The company launched BES12 Cloud, which will make BlackBerry's enterprise mobility management software more accessible to more corporations of all sizes.
    • BlackBerry launched its Experience Suite, a series of bundles that revolve around productivity and messaging, collaboration and security.
    • The company is integrating its software and security tools with Samsung's KNOX's platform as well as Google's Android for Work.

In addition, QNX as an operating system is a strong Internet of things play and already embedded in multiple verticals. And BlackBerry has been offering BBM across platforms.

To Chen, BlackBerry has a "hidden gem" in software assets, user interfaces, patents and other applications. The catch is that BlackBerry previously used its software to sell its hardware. Now that the hardware business is minimized, the software has to stand alone as a revenue generator.

"I think there's a much bigger opportunity to enable our software on other platforms," said Chen, who said iOS and Android will get the attention today, but Windows will be added at some point.

What's unclear is whether BlackBerry's software success stories were due to its hardware integration and market position or because the experience was great. BlackBerry is betting that latter. The other bet is that iOS and Android users will download BlackBerry applications and carriers will add them to devices.

For instance, BlackBerry's Experience Suite, which will land later this year, features a communication and collaboration suite that touts integrated calendars and document viewing and editing. Android and iOS already have many of those tools. In addition, Microsoft also has Office for both iOS and Android. Where does BlackBerry fit in that equation?

Productivity is a similar story. BBM is powerful, but also rode shotgun with BlackBerry devices. Security has the best bet for BlackBerry if it's going to play the cross platform overlay game.

Tim Long, a BMO Capital analyst, said in a February research report:

Blackberry is in the midst of a major transformation. Under the old model, Blackberry would give its software away for rock-bottom prices, using it as a tool to generate device and service revenues. Now that device revenues have plummeted and Service revenues are drifting to zero, management is accelerating the move to become an enterprise software company.

In other words, a lot has to start going right for BlackBerry's software business to work. Long reckoned the following parts need to line up:

• BlackBerry has to sell enterprise mobility management licenses and get legacy customers to upgrade to BES12. A cloud version should help that cause. BlackBerry needs 25 percent to 30 percent to take the most expensive support option.
    • The company has to make a go of its value-added software bundles and land $6 to $12 per user a month. Enterprise bundles need to be 2 percent of the mix.
    • Consumer BBM revenues have to be generated.
    • QNX has to deliver revenue and grow via Internet of things.
    • Revenue from Secusmart has to remain solid and then grow.

In a graphic, BlackBerry's software outlook goes like this, according to Long.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-software-revenue.jpg

And here's where things get tricky. BES12 can do well, Secusmart has a small market (how many people really need untappable voice and text messaging) and QNX is strong but needs to be proven in the Internet of things market. BBM as a consumer service that generates revenue is a wild card.

The issue is that BlackBerry will have to do better-than-expected to reach its software nirvana. Long said:

In summary, we believe that for BlackBerry to reach its goals, the company needs to gain twice the market share of MDM, slightly more than double the attach rate for enterprise bundles (or triple the absolute number of users on an absolute basis, given the larger MDM base), and double the number of consumers buying BBM content compared with our base model.

To put another way, to reach management's goals for FY2016, BlackBerry could take 7.5 million enterprise users from other MDM players (rather than 3.7 million in our base case), sell enterprise bundles to over 750,000 users (rather than 250,000), and 18 million consumers would have to become regular BBM shoppers (rather than 9 million).

Chen seems to acknowledge the hurdles, but remains confident. It will "be a while" before software revenue eclipses hardware. But Chen really has no choice but to bet big on software.
    03-02-15 05:25 PM
    BlackBerry hopes cross-platform software offerings will attract users - The Globe and Mail

BlackBerry Ltd. kicked off its arrival at the annual Mobile World Congress in Barcelona with a slew of business enterprise software announcements that signal the company’s progress on its turnaround plan.

The Waterloo, Ont.-based company provided details about several new software products that emphasized BlackBerry’s focus on extending its enterprise software to competing mobile operating systems such as Apple’s iOS, Google’s Android and Windows Phones.

The annual trade show, being held from March 2 to 5, is expected to attract more than 90,000 executives, analysts, entrepreneurs and journalists, as well as some of the big names in mobile technology, from Intel to Samsung, and Google to Qualcomm.

The announcements include making BlackBerry Enterprise Server 12, its mobile device management platform, available directly to business customers of U.S. wireless provider Sprint. A cloud-hosted version of the software (traditionally installed on a company’s own systems) is also being rolled out, and a new SIM-based licensing program will make carrier billing and pay-as-you-go service packages available on several international wireless providers.

“BlackBerry has melted down to a core franchise, and it wants to consolidate that,” says Roger Kay, an analyst with Endpoint Technologies Associates Inc. “[BlackBerry Enterprise Server] is still best in class, and if they can package it in some new ways, that’s an attractive offering.”

There were also announcements related to the company’s secure health-care information business and a new spy-defeating encrypted phone call product developed between its Secusmart business and German telecom operator Vodaphone. It also sent out a release teasing attendees with hints of a new set of “BlackBerry Experience” productivity apps it will offer, such as wireless conferencing apps and remote document-editing tools.

The recurring theme is that under chief executive John Chen, BlackBerry is becoming a cross-platform software company.

“BlackBerry now feels confident enough that its offerings will avoid being swamped when decoupled from the hardware,” said Carmi Levy, technology analyst with Voices.com, a London, Ont.-based tech firm. “Just like Microsoft recognizing that it needs to have versions of its iconic products available for iOS and Android.”

In a Tuesday news event, Mr. Chen is expected to reveal some of the company’s hardware plans for 2015. Rumours have swirled about a new touchscreen device that drops the physical keyboard, possibly a successor to the five-inch Z30.

Analysts didn’t expect much in the way of groundbreaking news, though Endpoint’s Mr. Kay believes BlackBerry will take the opportunity to highlight any new partnerships or large-customer orders to reassure investors.

The week is expected to be packed with news from BlackBerry’s competitors. On Monday, Google Inc. confirmed its plans to build its own cellular data network in the United States, and recently rolled out its own enterprise offering, Android at Work.

“The smartphone OS wars have been fought and won largely by Android and iOS,” wrote Kevin Restivo, an independent technology analyst formerly with IDC’s mobile group. “But there’s still ways BlackBerry can complement the victors and be relevant especially to enterprises in the West.”
    03-02-15 05:29 PM
    03-02-15 05:40 PM
    Oh...and remember, Faucette has a sell on BBRY and a buy on MOBL....what a dirturd.

Classically Posted.
    03-02-15 05:46 PM
    03-02-15 05:50 PM
    As long as you do the opposite of what they say you will be a happy man
    Oh...and remember, Faucette has a sell on BBRY and a buy on MOBL....what a dirturd.

Classically Posted.
    03-02-15 05:51 PM
    Indeed. Thank you for that, Shane! Over these last few months/years, I have found Doug Pollitt to be generally well informed and rather fair towards BBRY. A rarity among analysts. Loved how he alluded to the fact that nothing basically new had been announced, that BBRY basically was doing what they said they would do. I have always been struck by that, with JC. He is rather transparent. He does what he says he will do. Most people have not wanted to listen, did not understand or did not want to know since their mind was already made up but that is another matter. And who knows, maybe he's getting the needle to move a little bit... The next few months should be fun!
    03-02-15 06:12 PM
    I don't think we'll see any sort of Samsung device partnership being announced tomorrow. I don't know why people are expecting It.

Then again, I wouldn't mind being wrong on this occasion.

Posted via CB10
    I'm just hoping for some big news to make the shorts start running

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-02-15 06:20 PM
    I'm just hoping for some big news to make the shorts start running

Posted via CB10
    I think the shorts are running, unfortunately it's more of a jog than a sprint.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-02-15 06:30 PM
    I think the shorts are running, unfortunately it's more of a jog than a sprint.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, I'm just a bit worried about er and the rev

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 06:43 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150303_004321.jpg

My custom PIN. For anyone that knows this generations of Hip Hop stars will understand the reference lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 06:45 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150303_004321.jpg 
Views:	2097 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	338205

My custom PIN. For anyone that knows this generations of Hip Hop stars will understand the reference lol.

Posted via CB10
    Lol...I got one too...not that creative though.

Classically Posted.
    03-02-15 07:14 PM
    I am surprised (disappointed) how little the stock has moved up today.
    No matter what they announce / release, people have learned that it doesn't count until they start showing $$$$ during the ERs

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 08:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Money

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 08:08 PM
    BlackBerry Money

Posted via CB10
    Will be a hint of positive quarter.

#BBFactCheck
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-02-15 08:21 PM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    BlackBerry Money

Posted via CB10
    "Show me the MONEY!", the shorts say ... "just watch me!", replies chen lol.

L o n g. Ftw! Bb.to
    jxnb, CDM76, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    03-02-15 08:48 PM
    I am hoping for a Samsung phone. And, why would this be a bad idea? Samsung gets the all touch pole position for those BlackBerry users who want a samsung hardware / BlackBerry system phone. Blackberry does not have to invest in expensive hardware and they might not be able to sell. Samsung gets to sell more hardware. Heck, this might be a strange way for Samsung to go after the Blackphone market.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 08:54 PM
    Samsung has a kiosk area in best buy. Having floor space for bb10 phones would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB likes this.
    03-02-15 09:03 PM
113,250 ... 32353236323732383239 ...