View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sorry guys, couldn't find a English site. Today secusmart will host a press conference at Cebit, showing a new device, made in cooperation with Samsung and IBM. Guess this should be very interesting!
    http://www.finanznachrichten.de/nach...euheit-007.htm

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 07:00 AM
    Which government? I'm with the US and see us going to just getting a good deal on any device and putting our software on them. My last organization just bought Q10sn but the trend in the DOD is going to be just any device and load our software.

Posted via CB10
    Ontario. You can get a new phone after every 2 year contract period expires. I think the trackpad started being available around 2009, which is now 4 cycles ago. I also had one additional upgrade during that time period because one of my phones broke.

I wonder how people would talk about iphones if they were issued a 3G for work, or Samsung phones if they were issued an Instinct, lol.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, lcjr, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    02-28-15 07:03 AM
    Sorry guys, couldn't find a English site. Today secusmart will host a press conference at Cebit, showing a new device, made in cooperation with Samsung and IBM. Guess this should be very interesting!
    Pressekonferenz CeBIT 2015: Secusmart pr�sentiert mit IBM und Samsung Weltneuheit
    Thanks snejpa!

Let me help with a bit of GT and my own translation/editing:

Dusseldorf (ots) - Invitation

Saturday, March 14, 2015, 16:30 CeBIT 2015 Exhibition Centre Hall 6, Stand J16, 30521 Hannover, Germany

Press Conference CeBIT 2015: Secusmart presents World first with IBM and Samsung

Secusmart offers this year for the first time the opportunity to learn from a world premiere on Saturday, March 14, at a press conference to kick off the CeBIT 2015.

In Hall 6, Stand J16 Journalists will have the opportunity to see the first part of a presentation the new device for highly secure mobile communication. The new solution has been developed by Secusmart with IBM and Samsung.

When?

Saturday, March 14, 2015, 16:30

For exclusive interviews Dr. Hans-Christoph Kremer source and Swenja available at the Secusmart booth from 15:00 clock, and after the press conference.

Where?

Stand Secusmart in Hall 6, Stand J16.

What?

World first about highly secure mobile communications, announced by Secusmart with IBM and Samsung.

For us to make sure we have sufficient demo devices on site, we ask you for a compulsory registration.
    Interesting!
    02-28-15 07:14 AM
    Thanks snejpa!

Interesting!
    Yes indeed...thx to both of you.

Classically Posted.
    sidhuk and Corbu like this.
    02-28-15 07:19 AM
    More info here:
    Secusmart: Kooperation mit Samsung und IBM | BB10QNX.de

Plus an edited English version:

Secusmart: Cooperation with Samsung and IBM

Secusmart, now a subsidiary of BlackBerry, announces a "world first". The company has not provided exact details. However, the accompanying invitation hints to a new "Device for highly secure mobile communication". In cooperation with Samsung and IBM. Is this new product the reason for the intense negotiations (from which takeover rumors quickly emerged)?

The new product will be announced at a press conference before the start of the CeBIT on March 16, 2015. Samsung will probably provide the hardware and IBM, the software. As with BES BlackBerry has its own EMM, IBM may bring the BlueMix platform developer or integration services with innovation solutions.

For Samsung, a larger market could open since Secusmart supplies governments at state and federal level. The Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) has confirmed the Secusmart technology as the only solution for voice and data security after several months of successful test operation (up to RESTRICTED). So far, however, it is only available in conjunction with BlackBerry OS10 devices.

Secusmart expanded its portfolio with the help of Vodafone: It will soon be offer a communication encryption app for Android and iOS.
    More info here (in German):
    http://www.zdnet.de/88220230/cebit-s...t-ankuendigen/
    http://www.silicon.de/41609685/cebit...ter-secusmart/

All point out to basically the same thing, an announcement by Secusmart, along with Samsung/IBM, at CeBIT

Btw, this PR seems to have come out on Thursday.

Interesting next couple of weeks. Cheers,
    Last edited by Corbu; 02-28-15 at 07:56 AM.
    02-28-15 07:37 AM
    More info here:
    Secusmart: Kooperation mit Samsung und IBM | BB10QNX.de

Plus an edited English version:

More info here (in German):
    http://www.zdnet.de/88220230/cebit-s...t-ankuendigen/
    http://www.silicon.de/41609685/cebit...ter-secusmart/

All point out to basically the same thing, an announcement by Secusmart, along with Samsung/IBM, at CeBIT

Btw, this PR seems to have come out on Thursday.

Interesting next couple of weeks. Cheers,
    I'm a little confused lol what product could they be talking about here

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor likes this.
    02-28-15 08:03 AM
    Repost from another thread. Supposedly the upcoming family name of devices

I think they'll go with families

Passport
    Passport
    Passport T
    Passport Visa

Classic
    Classic
    Classic II
    Classic E

Leap
    Leap
    Leap One
    Leap XL

Book
    Book
    Book M

Titan
    Titan
    Titan Edge
    02-28-15 08:09 AM
    OT:
    And now, for something completely different!
    http://www.petrolicious.com/attainin...n-a-citroen-ds
    Attaining Nirvana in a Citro�n DS

In the early 1990s, Jeff Suhy was a young executive at A&M records in Los Angeles when he first heard a band from the far-flung reaches of the Pacific Northwest. The group, which eluded categories and didn't seem particularly interested in cultivating a mass audience, was Nirvana and its new album was a collection of songs called "Nevermind." Soon, this peculiar trio from the shores of the Puget Sound was the biggest thing going and music would never be the same again.

Suhy, as it turns out, gravitates toward turning points, whether in culture or in industrial design, which explains his love affair with the Citro�n DS.

"The Citro�n DS is a car that defined the future of automotive design when it appeared in 1955," says Suhy. "It immediately made all other cars appear antiquated, and even cars today are influenced by technologies pioneered by the DS."

Whether it was the hydraulic suspension, the safety features (such as an engine that, on front impact, was designed to slide under the car instead of into the driver's solar plexus), or the self-leveling headlights that turn with the front wheels, the Citro�n DS was remarkably ahead of its time. Indeed, the car was a a true product of the Space Age, when auto manufacturers found themselves awash in technologies that they were itching to use in the wake of World War II. Citroen was ultimately rewarded handsomely for its innovative efforts, selling more than one million DSs over the model's twenty-year-lifespan.
    Watching this, I was struck - as odd as it may seem - by some similarities between this wonderful Citro�n DS and BlackBerry... Innovation being the main one. Innovation... How difficult it is to innovate and be different...

Don't take my word for it as to the awesomeness of what Citro�n did in 1955. Listen to the Master:

May BlackBerry press on with innovation and remain strong enough to stay different. Different is nice.

Have a nice weekend!
    rarsen, kadakn01, lech31 and 6 others like this.
    02-28-15 08:17 AM
    Hey Morgan, haven't posted much but read everything every day. Just wanted to say thanks for all you continue to do and for taking time out of your extremely busy day to provide valuable and quantitative input. Things my way are really good now and soon you'll be communicating with me on Belgium time (got a promotion and new assignment overseas). I look forward to actually meeting you at the $100 party! This is gonna happen faster than most folks can understand, based on software and the areas this software is being introduced. Devices are nice but software rules the day. Have a great weekend Morgan and when you need an additional chuckle, picture meeting some of us based on avatars! Hahaha.

Posted via Passport
    lcjr !!

Good to see you back on the thread! Thanks for those kind words, I do appreciate that. I'm hanging around because we have some unfinished business here. I received a few private message back in those scary days when it looked like BlackBerry was finished. Along with all the bad press came stories from our members here who had lost plenty of their savings. I want to see each of those investors get their money back and then some, so I won't be going anywhere until I receive private messages from those very same members telling me they are back in the black, and hopefully much more. There is nothing wrong with BlackBerry that time won't heal, as scary as that sounds, they have always held some fantastic assets and that's why I won't leave this trade. So you can make your money be following BBRY or at least buy one of our popular biotech recommendations and do it that way. Either way, we are going to form one heck of a dream investment team!
    02-28-15 10:25 AM
    lcjr !!

Good to see you back on the thread! Thanks for those kind words, I do appreciate that. I'm hanging around because we have some unfinished business here. I received a few private message back in those scary days when it looked like BlackBerry was finished. Along with all the bad press came stories from our members here who had lost plenty of their savings. I want to see each of those investors get their money back and then some, so I won't be going anywhere until I receive private messages from those very same members telling me they are back in the black, and hopefully much more. There is nothing wrong with BlackBerry that time won't heal, as scary as that sounds, they have always held some fantastic assets and that's why I won't leave this trade. So you can make your money be following BBRY or at least buy one of our popular biotech recommendations and do it that way. Either way, we are going to form one heck of a dream investment team!
    Well. You did receive some other messages too. lol. Let every one else keep on guessing. !!!!!!!!

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    02-28-15 10:57 AM
    I work for government and have had 4 or 5 work issued blackberries since my last trackball version. Is Wells Fargo really this backwards? If so, can you trust them with your money?

Posted via CB10
    I bet he's on a 9900 and he doesn't know the difference between a trackball and trackpad. Trackball devices are over 3 years old what corporation would not be upgraded from those units?
    02-28-15 11:02 AM
    Well said Randall, well said. I tell ya, I'm all over this QNX and the automotive industry, along with the possibilities in the shipping industries. Don't mean to sound condescending to folks on the thread but I'm finding it hard to identify with or understand why people on this thread are overly concerned with the number of devices offered and devices sold. To me it's all about the software and folks that have been here with me over the years know that has always been my opinion. Sure, it's great to have a fantastically developed and secured device at hand, but I'm seeing visions in the future when other top notch brands fade into the ablis as BlackBerry delivers secured software and business devices (many we've not even contemplated) to well paying government and corporate agencies. I think this thread would be more civil if everyone supporting BlackBerry tried to look at the future and how BlackBerry fits in and not just looking at the next few quarters. My thoughts on this anyway.

Posted via Passport
    Yeah, I think BlackBerry / QNX is in the only real position to partner to do a high quality customized cross-platform Car branded or cross branded UI that is neither Apple nor Google-controlled. I think pretty well every car maker would want something that preserves them with some level of control over the dashboard experience and shows off some unique aspects of the vehicle or brand.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 11:14 AM
    OT: Security Related stuff. Yikes!

More than five billion downloaded Android apps are vulnerable to hacks, and the number of apps designed to steal financial information from users has skyrocketed, according to a report released Friday...
    Billions of Android apps vulnerable to hackers - MarketWatch
    02-28-15 11:17 AM
    Does anyone know enough about how Android apps work on a BlackBerry to answer this? With Android app store installed on our phones and with android apps downloaded, how secure are our phones really? I don't have any android apps, but you can't delete the store, which wants far too much data for my liking. Does anyone know enough about how this works to answer?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 11:31 AM
    OT. Safety related.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...yes-suing.html

02-28-15 12:06 PM
    Androids apps are "sandboxed" into a separate area of device and cannot get access to critical OS points (encryption, secure message etc).

Classically Posted.
    02-28-15 01:29 PM
    BlackBerry ringtone becomes a must-have for Apple iPhone users

Thanks to the Netflix original series House of Cards, Apple iPhone users are going nuts over a free BlackBerry ringtone that is featured in the series. The Frank Underwood character, portrayed by Kevin Spacey, is a politician and is always using his BlackBerry handset (just like a real-life politician that we've written about before).

The ringtone employed by Underwood's 'Berry has become quite popular. As it turns out, it is the "Spirit" ringtone which is free to BlackBerry users and is actually the default ringtone on most models.

However, iOS users have to reach into their pocketbooks and wallets to download a knock-off for their iPhones. A listing of the ringtone on iTunes shows that the distinctive sound will cost you $1.29.
    Underwood's BlackBerry ringtone on House of Cards becomes popular amongst iPhone users
    02-28-15 01:33 PM
    Thanks snejpa!

Interesting!
    So, I'm not quite clear on this Secusmart Co-op thing.

It was mentioned that IBM was named as part of this. I am wondering if that deal was signed prior to BlackBerry aquiring Secusmart, and/or Apple's deal with IBM.
    I realize that many of the 'big players' cross-license from each other, however, I am trying to connect the dots on this play between, let's say, BlackBerry / IBM via SecuSuite, and how it will clash or contrast with Apple / IBM with their current deal.

Anyone in d'know?
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 02-28-15 at 02:33 PM.
    02-28-15 02:12 PM
    Thanks AD19.

Wow! We could speculate forever on these!
    Just thinking about a few:

Passport T = Here comes the all-touch model.

Passport Visa = Integration heavily toward a BlackBerry pay system(?)
    Perhaps strong link to that much awaited new software deal with that GPS company that is said to be on par or better with GMAPS. (Corbu, enter company name here please ).

Classic II = to giddy to comment at the moment.

Titan = The all-touch beast with the specs to suite. May utilize a stylus pen to compete with others phablets.

Fellas, place your bets....
    Can't wait.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 02-28-15 at 02:36 PM.
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    02-28-15 02:25 PM
    Along with all the bad press came stories from our members here who had lost plenty of their savings. I want to see each of those investors get their money back and then some, so I won't be going anywhere until I receive private messages from those very same members telling me they are back in the black, and hopefully much more.
    Morgan, I hope you stick around until my $99 lot gets back in the black and then some! LOL.
    Corbu, CDM76, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    02-28-15 02:37 PM
    Thanks AD19.

Perhaps strong link to that much awaited new software deal with that GPS company that is said to be on par or better with GMAPS. (Corbu, enter company name here please ).
    Well, you've got me on this one, BM! I don't remember anything on that rumour... My mind must be slipping away... Maybe others do. I'm sure they'll let us know.

As for the Secusmart thing, I think we'll have to wait for the Press Conference.

I have searched elsewhere and found this:
    Pressekonferenz CeBIT 2015: Secusmart pr�sentiert mit IBM und Samsung Weltneuheit 26.02.2015 | Nachricht | finanzen.net

Press Conference CeBIT 2015: Secusmart presents a world first with IBM and Samsung

Secusmart offers this year for the first time the opportunity to learn from a world premiere on Saturday, March 14, at a press conference to kick off the CeBIT 2015.
    As well, talk about a Secusmart App for the German market here:
    Secusmart und Blackberry liefern an Regierungen weltweit

But no further details on the Secusmart/IBM/Samsung announcement.

This is the relevant info that I was able to extract from this article which basically goes over the company's history: revenues now double-digit million range, growing success: within the past year, the number of employees has doubled to 60 now. Next new hires planned. Earnings rose again, exact figures are not known. The deal with BlackBerry opens up new marketing opportunities. More than ten governments and authorities on almost every continent already use a BlackBerry phone equipped with Secusmart encryption technology.

Again, all of the above, FWIW. Lots of salt as SF would say.
    sidhuk, awindsr, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    02-28-15 03:03 PM
    Be careful guys. Guess who is on duty.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-double_chin_06.jpg

02-28-15 03:18 PM
    Be careful guys. Guess who is on duty.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	double_chin_06.jpg 
Views:	1097 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	337743

Is that you sidhuk. Nice look by the way

#BBFactCheck
    sidhuk and La Emperor like this.
    02-28-15 04:08 PM
    Is that you sidhuk. Nice look by the way

#BBFactCheck
    LoL...

Classically Posted.
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-28-15 04:09 PM
    Completely OT: Just finished watching the mini series 37 days. This series is superbly acted and a terribly sad documentation to the run up to the 1st World War. Personally and being European I learned so much from this series. Also a sad commentary that this happened a second time!

Ben

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    3MIKE, morganplus8, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    02-28-15 09:13 PM
113,256 ... 32283229323032313232 ...