View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Reason number one (I have several but don't have time tonight) is John Chen. Why the shorts continue to bet against him utterly astounds me. He is a stud. Exhibit A below:

Attachment 337277
    Well it looks like the shorts want out at this point

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    02-26-15 10:17 PM
    Chen is also setting up bbry to use the push responsibility as far down the chain as far as possible model that many companies have adopted and use.

I say this because of the recent news that organizations in bbry may be pissing pissing off other organizations in their decision making. If one thinks bb10 phones are the future and another thinks that android should be adopted, the two departments can not influence each other's decision making.

I just read a good book that talked about GD doing this in the 90s.

Chen is making all the right decisions. Thing is, they are not shocking. It's more of an issue of having a CEO with the balls to bring massive change. He knows he is right and has to probably constantly hear from people that don't like change. It must be tied to a human bias that I can not pinpoint. Google the list of cognitive biases on Wikipedia and read. Investing is more than numbers.

Meh, here :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

Pass me another beer.

Oh, tommorrow is my birthday and Saturday is poker night. Poker night is a BYOB affair and I decided that it is going to be a 10%+ ABV only night for me .
    Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:14 PM
    Update: Just got shipping confirmation today that the classic has shipped out. 2/27/2015

Regarding Verizon,
    I did order the classic and when I asked why the later ship date, after talking to his supervisor he confirmed they are indeed taking pre-orders for the device, he also thought it was a bit strange, but said it will ship by March 5th. He did not know why, but this will put the device sales into next quarter at least with respect to Verizon sales.

On the options front, the open interest (or number of new contracts being created) has literally quieted down similar to the volume on the stock. With the nearly 1/3 reduction in short interest, one could assume some are replacing these short bets with puts to reduce their risk or perhaps increase leverage, but we are not seeing it in the open interest. It has to be at a 2 year low. Most of the bearish/bullish bets ended with the jan 2015 strikes. I remember in Dec 2014 seeing nearly 200,000 option contracts being traded. The speculators are mostly gone as well, another good thing for the long term.
    What's behind puts in BlackBerry - optionMONSTER (12/19/14)

What is really needed is happening right now. Shorts are covering and even though some argue that it has not resulted in a short squeeze, it is still a good thing. Shorts covering along with longer term shareholders taking new positions is the best thing for long term stability and a real bottom. Think about what occured with Fairfax in 2003 - 2006 with Jim Chanos and others (not unlike Detwiler and company) were calling for fairfax to go bust and we know how that turned out, even if fairfax's law suits fell on deaf ears. Prem has seen this game before!
    Chanos Saw Nonpublic Fairfax Research, E-Mails Show (Update3) - Bloomberg
    Last edited by kadakn01; 02-27-15 at 01:14 PM.
    02-27-15 12:01 AM
    When is the next ER again?

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    02-27-15 02:38 AM
    When is the next ER again?

Posted via CB10
    It should be around the 25th of March.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 05:51 AM
    Quarter end: Feb 28

Reporting date: March 27
    02-27-15 06:01 AM
    What is really needed is happening right now. Shorts are covering and even though some argue that it has not resulted in a short squeeze, it is still a good thing. Shorts covering along with longer term shareholders taking new positions is the best thing for long term stability and a real bottom. Think about what occured with Fairfax in 2003 - 2006 with Jim Chanos and others (not unlike Detwiler and company) were calling for fairfax to go bust and we know how that turned out, even if fairfax's law suits fell on deaf ears. Prem has seen this game before!
    Chanos Saw Nonpublic Fairfax Research, E-Mails Show (Update3) - Bloomberg
    Although a recent appeal was successful (unfortunately), there were numerous convictions involving SAC that were likely informed by the discovery provided by the Fairfax suit.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-27-15 07:22 AM
    FWIW:
    BlackBerry to reveal its roadmap | Mobile News Online

New product announcements imminent, with president and CEO John Chen using MWC to discuss the manufacturer�s roadmap for this year

The Canadian manufacturer normally shies away from the big global trade shows such as MWC from making major product announcements, but we might be about to see that change this year.

At a recent reseller forum by hardware distributor Ingram Micro Mobility, representatives from BlackBerry�s UK team made a presentation, showing the BlackBerry Passport from September and Classic from December, followed by a blank space of something soon to follow.

This would suggest a major product announcement is imminent.

Codename Visa/Victoria

The phones, apparently codenamed Visa and Victoria, which would have concealed QWERTY keyboards, would be the first to run the BlackBerry 10 OS and the first slider phones from the company since the Torch 9850 in August 2011.

It would represent a massive risk for the manufacturer as the design of these smartphones deviated from BlackBerry�s famed screen and QWERTY keyboard on one slab and reportedly proved to be a massive sales disappointment.

What is confirmed is that president and CEO John Chen (pictured) will use MWC to reveal the firm�s product roadmap for the 12 months, where it should be also revealed how it plans to tackle its declining market share over the past couple of years in more detail.
    lech31, 3MIKE, jxnb and 10 others like this.
    02-27-15 07:26 AM
    Hey Morgan, what's your take on the current SP? What's your read? #charttime

As of typing this, we are hitting 10.80$ . Is that still resistance?

Thanks in advance,

PS. What's the old saying again? A chart a day keeps the trolls away? ! Or is it the shorts?! Lol

Posted via CB10

Hey bizzarothor !!

I would be happy to update a chart for you! I have been MIA the past couple of days, still reading this thread but busy with other projects. I'm placing trades and watching them while I travel and so far things have been working out great. Here is the latest work on BBRY:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-feb-27-2015.png

Everything looks very positive for BBRY stock right now, we are heading for that horizontal line in red, which is at approximately $ 11.10/shr.. There really isn't much resistance at $ 10.80 any more as it has been passed so many times now. I see us working our way back to the red line with the TA in much better shape for an extended rally as you can see our RSI level is much lower this time around allowing us to break-through that resistant line and run. I also maintain, (as does JLagoon I believe), that we are following a support line (lower line in blue) that is making bullish higher lows. I have added my version of the upper blue line showing our target levels for a break-out in the stock above $ 11.10/shr. As long as we stay above the 3-ema we are bullish, if we give up that indicator, we are bearish (on a short term basis of course). You can map the Bollinger Bands as well if you want to see how this rally is going; in the indicator, we moved into a very narrow trading range over the (BB- 22 days) time span and that indicated a major move was coming so watch it for resistance at the top of the band. If you aren't sure what I'm talking about I'll post that chart too.

On a fundamental basis, the news of late is very bullish, it represents the "thin edge of the wedge theory" that BB is working hard to do deals and if they can match other players in the same sector, what are they working on now? I really liked the news because its not about how many companies attach themselves to a big player, its what they bring to the party and BB has it all. The stock price should have been held back because they weren't dealing with Google, now they are doing what many would think would be an obvious partnership. Just my take on it.

That's it for BBRY, HALO is making a new 52-week high for this week ( it touched $ 15.90/shr on Monday) and this was accomplished by dropping off year-ago highs in the price of the stock. So biotechs are at all time highs, slightly over-bought now and bullish as ever. I'll stop at that as I have to setup my new UHD 4K PC monitor!! Man is it big!
    02-27-15 08:16 AM
    the first slider phones from the company since the Torch 9850 in August 2011.
    I had a 9800 and 9810 sliders. I never had a 9850 slider!
    q649 likes this.
    02-27-15 08:18 AM
    I think something like the passport screen size 4.5 inch square with sliding keyboard would be a winner for me. The passport could be on the larger side of life for me.

Likewise same specs as Z30 but with z 4inch form factor would be my choice, Z10 on roids.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:33 AM
    Agree...liking the Classic as a work in the trenches device, Passport is fantastic large device but would be great to have another high end choice.

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy, ibpluto, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    02-27-15 08:39 AM
    SPHS

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 10:08 AM
    OT...I started shorting AAPL this week, but am still watching NFLX...holding back to see how net neutrality decision starts to play out. If fair-usage caps start getting tightened, I'll be going in.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, 3MIKE and Mr BBRY like this.
    02-27-15 10:09 AM
    I had a 9800 and 9810 sliders. I never had a 9850 slider!
    Der. 9850 was a non-slider Torch

Posted with my flash Passport
    02-27-15 10:20 AM
    Aka VOLT, must be named by the people that are bringing us (actually them) the LEAP.

02-27-15 10:22 AM
    I meant to ask, Morgan, what would you do with your SPHS holdings? Any suggestions as to when to exit?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 10:39 AM
    SPHS

Posted via CB10
    So happy i got in at .46 , thanks Morgan!

Posted via CB10
    vasilisiou, q649, CDM76 and 2 others like this.
    02-27-15 10:41 AM
    So happy i got in at .46 , thanks Morgan!

Posted via CB10
    Me too! I backed up the truck and picked up 10k shares. This should be a nice gift very soon!

Posted via Money making BlackBerry Passport!
    Jahcure, doctor gonzo and Mr BBRY like this.
    02-27-15 10:50 AM
    Hey, Morgan -- I hope you don't mind my asking a question about how you read charts.

Here's the wind up: Way back in the thread, I believe I remember you said your dissertation was on Bollinger Bands. You used to refer to BBs quite a bit in the past when BBRY stock was driven wildly up and down almost on a daily basis - and what you wrote helped me understand trading ranges, volatility, and even momentum a lot better. I've noticed that lately you are referring a lot more to 3-ema, which I've now started tracking and thinking about.

My question: Would you be willing to share a a few words about how you think about Bollinger Bands and 3-ema together? I do understand what they each are and how they are different, but my question is really more about how they can be used together to understand stock movements. In short, would you be willing to share a little of your unique genius?
    bungaboy, Jahcure, 3MIKE and 6 others like this.
    02-27-15 10:50 AM
    Der. 9850 was a non-slider Torch

I know. I was referring to the statement in the article ". . . the first slider phones from the company since the Torch 9850 in August 2011"
    jxnb and sidhuk like this.
    02-27-15 10:53 AM
    I meant to ask, Morgan, what would you do with your SPHS holdings? Any suggestions as to when to exit?

Posted via CB10
    Ha! Ha! You should know what your tolerance for pain and level of nervousness is! That's the price you need to get out at! For me, its important to understand what the company is all about, after all, you didn't buy it because it looked cheap I hope? This is a great company, they need their stock price to be above $ 1.00/shr for a couple of weeks to maintain their current Nasdaq listing, so that is one goal. Secondly, they have plenty of cash and a great pipeline with some talented staff so their problem is limited to just one important issue here. They are scheduled to complete a $ 30 MM drug dosing level study on their main drug. They have been told that the results won't be material to the FDA but the company has decided that this study is so important that they need to complete it anyway. I don't think they need to spend $ 30 MM to discover the correct size of dosage for their drug, they can accomplish the same results in a third of the cost. If they can reduce the cost of the study to a more reasonable amount, the stock will trade in the $ 2.00 plus area. The sooner they announce that this is possible, the sooner the stock can pop. My bet all along is that the CEO is a very smart person and they will cave into what shareholders want which is a much shorter study here.

I think the market sees it my way so we will go high enough to clear the $ 1.00 mark and then let's hope the CEO comes up with a better plan for this study. There has never been a problem with the quality of this company as a going concern, its that $ 30 MM overhang that ticks investors off.
    02-27-15 11:06 AM
    Did I miss somethin'?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-didi.jpg

Also...BlackBerry holding a press event this coming Tuesday

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/27/81...ngress-details
    Last edited by W Hoa; 02-27-15 at 11:34 AM.
    02-27-15 11:19 AM
    Did I miss somethin'?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	didI.JPG 
Views:	2244 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	337449

Also...BlackBerry holding a press event this coming Tuesday

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/27/81...ngress-details
    Opportunity to pick some up?

Posted via Money making BlackBerry Passport!
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-27-15 11:36 AM
    I know. I was referring to the statement in the article ". . . the first slider phones from the company since the Torch 9850 in August 2011"
    Yah bb the der was not for you

bungaboy likes this.
    02-27-15 11:53 AM
113,250 ... 32263227322832293230 ...