View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Evidence that large short positions are indicative of material underlying issues. As an investor I seek to understand and rationalize the entire short thesis.

Posted via CB10
    Given that short position is still very large, it is possible that somebody is still leaking information?
    while leaking information is wrong, we know that information-leaked was authentic.

So, does that mean, BBRY is still in big trouble? Do shorts have access to some leaked (but authentic) info that they don't worry about reducing their short position at all?
    02-26-15 04:17 PM
    Shorts can hang on for one more ER as the rev number will likely be lower than last Q. They will try to push the SP down. Depends on the comments / hints of forecast from Chen on the CC. He will be able to give the number of BES10/12 licenses they are pulling in rev from on the CC, maybe give the average monthly fee per license paid, and breakdown of Blackberry vs non Blackberry licenses.

I think by the June ER the short numbers will be under 60M depending on the SP. June ER should be good -- at least showing a growing company again and hopefully some solid active BES licenses Q/Q increase (June vs March) ....BES10/12 $, Classic/Passport $ from US Market.
    02-26-15 04:46 PM
    No not again...
    you had to bring up the brown shoes again...
    lol
    02-26-15 04:47 PM
    Crossing my finders for a dual OS Victoria slider device with full Android + GPS at WMC. Yes we have debating why it might not be allowed under Google rules, but I have also debated why it could 'technically' meet those rules.

I won't hold my breath for the miracle hypervisor device though but if it happens I will be telling everyone about it for days, weeks, months on end......
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-26-15 04:50 PM
    No not again...
    I went and bought some brown shoes after this came up a while back. I was disappointed that NO ONE noticed my new shoes...
    rarsen, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    02-26-15 04:51 PM
    coz you probably used the wrong shoe polish. ...next time don't use the black one, PB .
    plasmid_boy and Mr BBRY like this.
    02-26-15 04:57 PM
    One of our big supporters has passed.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...sh-dies-at-109

Posted via CB10
    A buck-09!? I want his diet knowledge. That's a celebration.

In other news, for our mathematics minded brothers' here:

Honest stock maneuvers is to JP Morgan, as this guy is to building bridges.

Edit: Argh! I can't post the pic!
    Sorry. I ruined it!
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 02-26-15 at 05:26 PM.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    02-26-15 05:10 PM
    Crossing my finders for a dual OS Victoria slider device with full Android + GPS at WMC. Yes we have debating why it might not be allowed under Google rules, but I have also debated why it could 'technically' meet those rules.

I won't hold my breath for the miracle hypervisor device though but if it happens I will be telling everyone about it for days, weeks, months on end......
    Personally, if BB10 worked on such a hypervisor, I'd opt for dual BB10. That way I can finally have one phone but two email accounts on two separate company's BES! But this is BlackBerry I'm talking about... *sigh*
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-26-15 05:11 PM
    Thanks Corbu. I'll finish the punch-line to the joke:

... and then BlackBerry partnered with Google, and that was that.
    bungaboy and digitalsurfboard like this.
    02-26-15 05:25 PM
    Hi guys, I'm glad to read all these news.
    BES is 'now' a gold standard in agnostic EMM world.
    A sub $200 device with matching specs is on its way.
    ER is coming...
    We should finally have some action pretty soon.

Unfortunately, I'll be in unexpected circumstances on Friday (adding one more flight to my already-long trip back from Cancun
    Well, at least it must feel good to know that BBRY paid for your trip?

)
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-26-15 05:29 PM
    Really, I have been avoiding brown shoes since them, I even told the madame that they are kinda bad luck lol
    I went and bought some brown shoes after this came up a while back. I was disappointed that NO ONE noticed my new shoes...
    Last edited by Soumaila Somtore; 02-26-15 at 05:48 PM.
    02-26-15 05:31 PM
    Given that short position is still very large, it is possible that somebody is still leaking information?
    while leaking information is wrong, we know that information-leaked was authentic.

So, does that mean, BBRY is still in big trouble? Do shorts have access to some leaked (but authentic) info that they don't worry about reducing their short position at all?
    One has to assume that shorts have access to strong channel checks. Even without this information, evidence is compelling that Passport and Classic sales in fiscal Q3 and Q4 were not particularly strong. By this I mean hardware revenue is forecast (street) to shrink this quarter.

Further, service revenue is also forecast to shrink this quarter. Therefore the primary short thesis remains intact: revenues continue to decline in all sectors. Secondary issues include reverse halo effect (handset volume declines exacerbating service revenue decline leading to brand erosion and further challenging BES 12 product roll out), increasing competition in the space, IT security spend currently not focused on mobile, and a near total bet on generating significant software growth in the latter half of the year.

1/3 of the short position covered around the Evercore/Samsung leak. 90M remaining shorts are evidently unconcerned re: potential takeover which would be a worst case scenario for them.

In an attempt to blunt some of the nasties that may respond I will add that I am long (very) BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 and early2bed like this.
    02-26-15 05:57 PM
    @helopilot06 is that Williamsburg? One of my favorite places to go!
    Yes it is. My home town! We got about a foot of snow over night which for this area might as well be 4 feet lol

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    randall2580 and Mr BBRY like this.
    02-26-15 06:11 PM
    One has to assume that shorts have access to strong channel checks. Even without this information, evidence is compelling that Passport and Classic sales in fiscal Q3 and Q4 were not particularly strong. By this I mean hardware revenue is forecast (street) to shrink this quarter.

Further, service revenue is also forecast to shrink this quarter. Therefore the primary short thesis remains intact: revenues continue to decline in all sectors. Secondary issues include reverse halo effect (handset volume declines exacerbating service revenue decline leading to brand erosion and further challenging BES 12 product roll out), increasing competition in the space, IT security spend currently not focused on mobile, and a near total bet on generating significant software growth in the latter half of the year.

1/3 of the short position covered around the Evercore/Samsung leak. 90M remaining shorts are evidently unconcerned re: potential takeover which would be a worst case scenario for them.

In an attempt to blunt some of the nasties that may respond I will add that I am long (very) BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    Munx, can you tell me what are your reasons for being very long Blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 06:26 PM
    Nice couple days...lets see what tomorrow brings.

Classically Posted.
    3MIKE likes this.
    02-26-15 06:44 PM
    "Your Power....Upgraded"

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    02-26-15 07:12 PM
    Not sure you all saw this over in the News Forum.

Guest speakers to note: JC and Patrick Soon-Shiong

Speakers - Lake Nona Impact Forum

Some notables on the list of speakers :
    Dr.OZ, Johnson & Johnson, CVS, Cisco, Garmin, etc...

Homepage - Lake Nona Impact Forum
    hmmm, wonder what they are talking about !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b-y5ng_umaavgcb.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b-y9_0kwkaaq6no.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b-za7omuaaadesj.jpg

Nice Passport !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b-y-wyew8aadxnq.jpg
    02-26-15 07:16 PM
    . . . evidence is compelling that Passport and Classic sales in fiscal Q3 and Q4 were not particularly strong. By this I mean hardware revenue is forecast (street) to shrink this quarter.
    Can you connect the dots here, please?
    02-26-15 08:02 PM
    Can you connect the dots here, please?
    Who is this munx?

#BBFactCheck
    02-26-15 08:33 PM
    Mostly agree. Although today's action may be due to loose lips regarding MWC reveal.

Posted via CB10
    Ya, today's leak should have sent the stock down.

Definitely a third world phone

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:45 PM
    My perfect storm is oil prices recovering before bbry shoots the moon.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-15 08:48 PM
    Ya, today's leak should have sent the stock down.

Definitely a third world phone

Posted via CB10
    What leak are you guys talking about? The google partnership?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:51 PM
    What leak are you guys talking about? The google partnership?
    This, probably:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11403340
    igotaq likes this.
    02-26-15 08:55 PM

Thank you for the advanced warning lol

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 09:32 PM
    Munx, can you tell me what are your reasons for being very long Blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    Reason number one (I have several but don't have time tonight) is John Chen. Why the shorts continue to bet against him utterly astounds me. He is a stud. Exhibit A below:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-chen_bbry_sy.jpg
    02-26-15 10:15 PM
113,256 ... 32253226322732283229 ...