View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Not sure I understood your question properly.
    If you bring your BlackBerry to work (no BES activation, just your personal phone), you can install Blend on work PC and IT won't be able to see anything on your device. Data resides on your phone, Blend is just an interface, data doesn't actually get imported to your computer and IT would not have access to data outside of your computer.

2. If you bring your phone, get it activated at work with BES so you can access work emails also. Then you'd have two sides to your phone: work and personal. Work side would automatically be configured with work-email address. You can add your personal gmail/hotmail also but don't do that. Configure personal emails on personal-side of the phone. This way, when you connect your phone to computer and view it using Blend, IT won't have access to data on personal side of your phone.
    Thank you for the reply,

I have one more question. Would IT be able to see me basically vpn'ing in to my work computer to see and access my files either using blend or the file manager route ?
    KermitOnCB likes this.
    02-26-15 07:44 AM
    OT:
    It's not easy to do business in China...
    BBC News - China 'drops US tech giants' from approved list
    jxnb, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    02-26-15 08:38 AM
    Its nice to be on the RIGHT side of a trade! Go BlackBerry!!!

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    3MIKE, georg4BB, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    02-26-15 08:51 AM
    Anyone know when the next options expiration date is?

02-26-15 09:01 AM
    Anyone know when the next options expiration date is?

Friday
    ZayDub likes this.
    02-26-15 09:03 AM
    Friday
    Thanks Jake. I thought it might have been...I wonder if we will get the typical pullback tmrw then

02-26-15 09:06 AM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=87IYt8Fn

I'm guessing it is literally just a Classic with no camera, but I've never heard of this variation.

Posted via CB10
    Double yup...

I have heard of it, I'm guessing places with very tight security requirements....don't want pictures taken?
    02-26-15 09:16 AM
    Wow, the 'Rio' is a stunning device. Hmm. Sarcasm: hate it

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and jake simmons3 like this.
    02-26-15 09:21 AM
    Thank you for the reply,

I have one more question. Would IT be able to see me basically vpn'ing in to my work computer to see and access my files either using blend or the file manager route ?
    If IT is sniffing packets then I think the answer is yes, since they'll see your packets flowing through their network. BUT since this is BlackBerry, the important layers (the layers containing content as opposed to routing info) of those packets are encrypted.

There are infographics floating on the various BlackBerry website and blogs and fan sites that show how Blend and BlackBerry Link work to keep your data secure from prying eyes.

Posted via CB10
    jake simmons3 and bungaboy like this.
    02-26-15 09:22 AM
    Hey Morgan, what's your take on the current SP? What's your read? #charttime

As of typing this, we are hitting 10.80$ . Is that still resistance?

Thanks in advance,

PS. What's the old saying again? A chart a day keeps the trolls away? ! Or is it the shorts?! Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 09:23 AM
    I have alot of money(thousands of shares) invested in blackberry and want to help advertise for free. Does anyone know where you can get a company hat from? Free advertising is the best! I haven't looked that hard but so far my 2 minute search yielded nothing and I'll even buy the hat.
    Might want to check this out:

http://crackberry.com/want-some-blac...-mugs-and-more
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    02-26-15 09:25 AM
    Thank you for the reply,

VPNing - from where? Can you describe your use-care in more detail.
    02-26-15 09:54 AM
    Having some involvement in China because of my technical work, I am not surprised of their positioning after the NSA revelations. Let us not forget that China is the country with the most population presently and will soon be surpassed by India. Between the two of them they are an important percentage of the world's population. I expect some additional repositioning in the smartphone Industry because of China. John Chen is quite able to understand Industry drivers because of that area of the world.
    Note: some may remember China finding several surprises in a Boing plane used by their higher government a few years ago.

It's official: NSA spying is hurting the US tech economy | ZDNet
    jxnb, La Emperor, georg4BB and 6 others like this.
    02-26-15 09:58 AM
    VPNing - from where? Can you describe your use-care in more detail.
    1) I have blackberry blend install on my work computer
    2) I have connected it to my personal device
    3) I can access my work computer files through file manager on my personal device

Can IT see me accessing these files from my personal device
    02-26-15 09:59 AM
    Jake whatever security is on your BlackBerry device to separate work and personal is simply extended out to the desktop or tablet using Blend. It you tried to copy work files in blend to your personal device or dropbox etc it would not let you do it. IT would not have visibility into what files you are opening on your device or Blend as the policies to block this are already in place. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:06 AM
    OT:
    Silent Circle Buys Geeksphone Out Of Blackphone Joint-Venture | TechCrunch

Silent Circle’s clear aim here is to step into the gap left by the marketshare demise of BlackBerry and woo business users with an integrated suite of secure enterprise communication products that better meshes with the realities of a consumerized ‘bring your own device’ business world. So basically the pitch is encrypted comms running on modern and capable mobile hardware. (The company has previously confirmed a Blackphone tablet is also incoming.)

In May last year Silent Circle took in its first ever external funding, a $30 million round, thanks to demand for Blackphone, which runs a hardened Android fork called PrivatOS. So its investors are also evidently persuaded there is a sizable opportunity to capitalize on BlackBerry’s fall from favor.

rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    02-26-15 10:07 AM
    This is a personal device with no personal/ work separation. I am able to copy files from my work computer right onto my personal device using the file manager on my device
    02-26-15 10:11 AM
    1) I have blackberry blend install on my work computer
    2) I have connected it to my personal device
    3) I can access my work computer files through file manager on my personal device

Can IT see me accessing these files from my personal device
    1. Work computer is connected to work network using VPN?
    2. There is no VPN between your work computer and device then.
    3. You'll connect your device to your work computer using USB cable'
    4. You transfer file from work to phone -- IT wont be able to see it via any network BUT IT can always see if you are moving file to a USB device or external storage.

For now, if your computer is connected to VPN, Blend won't even work. BB has said they are working on a resolution to this issue.

[B]If you were physically connected to work-network (you are in office, connected to work network with LAN-cable), you can then use Blend via USB cable./B] But if you are home, you connect to work network using VPN, Blend won't even work.
    02-26-15 10:11 AM
    4. You transfer file from work to phone -- IT wont be able to see it via any network BUT IT can always see if you are moving file to a USB device or external storage.

For now, if your computer is connected to VPN, Blend won't even work. BB has said they are working on a resolution to this issue.

[B]If you were physically connected to work-network (you are in office, connected to work network with LAN-cable), you can then use Blend via USB cable./B] But if you are home, you connect to work network using VPN, Blend won't even work.
    Maybe im not explaining this well enough but i am able to access my work computer files from my personal device without it being plugged in via usb. It is over my mobile signal
    02-26-15 10:17 AM

Most of big companies block blend by using bes policy so there are so many things to consider.
    If your company is a medium or small size company and not much of privacy and security concerns then they will allow it.
    To answer the original question is No. Your IT department will not see your business when transmitting through blend but when they sniff then yes but if that is the case then your company already block you from using it.

Oh by the way my first statement is referring to personal BlackBerry device. Just in case some of you wonder

#BBFactCheck
    02-26-15 10:25 AM
    Maybe im not explaining this well enough but i am able to access my work computer files from my personal device without it being plugged in via usb. It is over my mobile signal
    Yeah, if you transfer file using File Manager (mobile network), IT Can see data transfer but not what was transferred as network traffic between device to computer is encrypted.
    02-26-15 10:26 AM
    Hey everyone, a little OT but wanted to share some great shots from my Z30 this morning from the winter thrashing we got.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150226_103646_hdr.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150226_103804_hdr.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150226_102739_hdr.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150226_104124_hdr.jpg

Love my 10.3.1 camera options. :cheers:

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Corbu, 3MIKE, georg4BB and 14 others like this.
    02-26-15 10:32 AM
    Just in case some readers missed this...as they say follow the smart money.

Moreover, as we looked at the numbers from the latest round of 13F filings, we can see that BlackBerry was one of the companies with the highest inflow of capital from investors. Among 730 funds that we track, 25 reported long positions in the company, with a total value of $756.82 million. The number went up from 17 funds holding $631.18 million worth of the company’s stock at the end of the third quarter of 2014.
    Read more at What Do Hedge Funds Think About BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY)? - Insider Monkey
    Corbu, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    02-26-15 10:32 AM
    @helopilot06 is that Williamsburg? One of my favorite places to go!
    helopilot06 likes this.
    02-26-15 10:45 AM
    Hey everyone, a little OT but wanted to share some great shots from my Z30 this morning from the winter thrashing we got.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150226_103804_hdr.jpg 
Views:	1013 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	337134

Love my 10.3.1 camera options. :cheers:

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Nice pics!

Does your cannon shoot blanks? LoL
    helopilot06 likes this.
    02-26-15 10:45 AM
113,256 ... 32233224322532263227 ...