View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    May is not for away. chen did say about a software solution for blackberry devices with some android attraction angle. i can see this guy doing something special.
    On the UpStream podcast, Bla1ze and the boys spoke about the possibility of "Fire Phone" coming to a dual boot system (discussion arising out of QNX's Hypervisor). Owing to the onerous rules Google place on a phone that wants to run GPS, I just don't see BlackBerry being able to overcome that.

That being said, I could see "Fire Phone" coming to BlackBerry. What that would give BlackBerry for the "home" side of the phone would be Music, Video, Media, Cloud services that BlackBerry currently lacks. I have been waiting on something like this to happen since PlayBook, it just seems like a perfect marriage to me. Probably why it hasn't happend before.

As to this announcement today, I see it as something BlackBerry had to do. As I said above the handset division probably isn't happy about it but BBRY could not allow MobileIron, AirWatch etc announce this partnership and claim "we have it, BlackBerry don't". Chen took that away from them. Good move IMHO
    rarsen, La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    02-25-15 03:32 PM
    After today, that number should go up.
    I'm kinda sad that the shorts have been able to cover close to 40 million shares with hardly SP increase but i know its good for the stability and future for the SP
    Corbu, morganplus8, sidhuk and 9 others like this.
    Yes they provide similar features...but how do those other companies deal with billing for Personal vs Work environments?

Virtual SIM...?

There is BBM meetings, and I'm sure there are other exclusive security offerings with BES over the competition, no?
    No doubt BB has features as well as solid history on the competition for companies who want to implement Android for Work which is why their stock went up. Not sure about their pricing strategy of making non-BB phones cost more to manage under BES12 than BB10 for the same feature set, seems to me that would push more clients to the competition.
    yeah I never tough that shorting AAPL will make me money that soon.

Edit: Also shorting MOBL and it's looking good!!
    That's a bad day for shorts

Correction : That's a very bad day for Motley Fools; BB up 4%, AAPL down by 2.3%
    02-25-15 03:36 PM
    We need some people with fluent English (that's not my case ) and a good knowledge of BB10 here :

http://business.financialpost.com/20..._lsa=f47b-d5ce
    3MIKE and bungaboy like this.
    02-25-15 03:48 PM
    Don't wast you time Chistophe these people seems to be dummy and would not understand anything else than what they think.

Edit: I tried posting there.

We need some people with fluent English (that's not my case ) and a good knowledge of BB10 here :

BlackBerry Ltd smartphone market share has stabilized under CEO John Chen at about . . . 0.5% | Financial Post
    02-25-15 04:56 PM
    After hours on 150k+ shares

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbah.jpg
    02-25-15 04:56 PM
    Same paper, different article, different people, better comments.

BlackBerry Ltd working with Google Inc to secure Android devices | Financial Post
    02-25-15 04:58 PM
    Same paper, different article, different people, better comments.

BlackBerry Ltd working with Google Inc to secure Android devices | Financial Post
    Lol. Seems like all those negative comments started working for longs now?

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    02-25-15 05:25 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Lol. Seems like all those negative comments started working for longs now?

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    Seemingly quiet for weeks on the Blackberry front, but behind the scenes BlackBerry CEO Chen is making many strategic moves advancing BlackBerry in all of its service offerings...

Excited about what's to come in 2015!

Long BlackBerry.... from my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 05:33 PM
    Folks,

I am willing to bet that sooner or later we'll hear negative spin to this (wonderful) news! There will be editorials saying, BlackBerry is working with Google to secure Android and this will result in BlackBerry selling even fewer devices! By securing Android device for work, BlackBerry is signing death warrant - it is cannibalizing sales of it's own devices and giving away it's only last-remaining market - the enterprise customers!
    02-25-15 06:34 PM
    "If you can't fight them, join them".

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 06:38 PM
    "If you can't fight them, join them".

Posted via CB10
    OT:

Beaton Bishop, my friend from Cape Breton, says "If you can't lick them . . . join them". After being asked why he stapled the family jewels together.
    02-25-15 06:54 PM
    Folks,

I am willing to bet that sooner or later we'll hear negative spin to this (wonderful) news! There will be editorials saying, BlackBerry is working with Google to secure Android and this will result in BlackBerry selling even fewer devices! By securing Android device for work, BlackBerry is signing death warrant - it is cannibalizing sales of it's own devices and giving away it's only last-remaining market - the enterprise customers!
    Thta's a given Chrys...good thing is people are getting wise to that kind of BS.
    3MIKE, Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    02-25-15 08:00 PM
    I like Ambers take on this. It sounds so....Chen like. BNN - Watch TV Online | BlackBerry working with Google to secure ?Android for Work?

JC seems to really be pushing the right buttons. This could really work into something big. Google knows that Android is like a really nice car. You can lock it, problem is everybody has the keys. I can forsee BB doing a lot of work for them in the future and it appears Google values BB security expertise as well. Things are really starting to come together.
    02-25-15 08:11 PM
    I like Ambers take on this. It sounds so....Chen like. BNN - Watch TV Online | BlackBerry working with Google to secure ?Android for Work?

JC seems to really be pushing the right buttons. This could really work into something big. Google knows that Android is like a really nice car. You can lock it, problem is everybody has the keys. I can forsee BB doing a lot of work for them in the future and it appears Google values BB security expertise as well. Things are really starting to come together.
    Google cares about delivering ads - that's their paramount concern. So, now, Google, just friggin develop native Google apps for BlackBerry 10, like you have done for iPhone!

I am not asking you to make exception to open handset alliance and make some political decision that you have to justify to billion other manufacturers. But simply to develop native Google apps for BlackBerry 10, like you already do for iPhone, windows desktop and so on!

That's the kind of olive branch BlackBerry can use badly!

Return the favor, o mighty Google!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:26 PM
    Google cares about delivering ads - that's their paramount concern. So, now, Google, just friggin develop native Google apps for BlackBerry 10, like you have done for iPhone!

I am not asking you to make exception to open handset alliance and make some political decision that you have to justify to billion other manufacturers. But simply to develop native Google apps for BlackBerry 10, like you already do for iPhone, windows desktop and so on!

That's the kind of olive branch BlackBerry can use badly!

Return the favor, o mighty Google!

Posted via CB10
    I'd love to see that Chrys! But if Google does integrate BES 12 into their security...that's extending a pretty big olive branch as well.
    02-25-15 08:33 PM
    Hey all,

I have a technical question about blend. If I have a personal phone and bring it to the office and install blend on my work computer. Would IT be able to get access to my phone or content on blend. Also would they be able to see me basically vpn'ing into my work computer through blend or file manager?

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 11:45 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=WTjQQFAg

I'm guessing it is literally just a Classic with no camera, but I've never heard of this variation.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-25-15 11:55 PM
    Hey all,

I have a technical question about blend. If I have a personal phone and bring it to the office and install blend on my work computer. Would IT be able to get access to my phone or content on blend. Also would they be able to see me basically vpn'ing into my work computer through blend or file manager?

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    Not sure I understood your question properly.
    If you bring your BlackBerry to work (no BES activation, just your personal phone), you can install Blend on work PC and IT won't be able to see anything on your device. Data resides on your phone, Blend is just an interface, data doesn't actually get imported to your computer and IT would not have access to data outside of your computer.

2. If you bring your phone, get it activated at work with BES so you can access work emails also. Then you'd have two sides to your phone: work and personal. Work side would automatically be configured with work-email address. You can add your personal gmail/hotmail also but don't do that. Configure personal emails on personal-side of the phone. This way, when you connect your phone to computer and view it using Blend, IT won't have access to data on personal side of your phone.
    rarsen, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    02-26-15 12:15 AM
    IT will be able to view your monitor, though. Might be good to avoid having anything up on your screen that you don't want folks seeing?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 01:05 AM
    update on Verizon, the actual classic phone with camera is on back order (according to rep I spoke with) who also said a lot of people have been waiting for this phone. It will not ship until next week, March 5th. He also is not sure when it will arrive in stores, but you can place a order online now. No idea if the back order is correct, or just Verizon wanting a preorder period to see how many to order? Also, the phone will really be for enterprise clients, hence the non camera phone, which wont ship until March 31st, so the theory on preorder may be correct. If anyone knows the correct info, please chime in. I cant see anyone other than only the most secure enterprise customers ordering a non camera phone, and the Verizon reps probably want the orders in before they put a commitment on a non consumer device.
    02-26-15 01:37 AM
    update on Verizon, the actual classic phone with camera is on back order (according to rep I spoke with) who also said a lot of people have been waiting for this phone. It will not ship until next week, March 5th. He also is not sure when it will arrive in stores, but you can place a order online now. No idea if the back order is correct, or just Verizon wanting a preorder period to see how many to order? Also, the phone will really be for enterprise clients, hence the non camera phone, which wont ship until March 31st, so the theory on preorder may be correct. If anyone knows the correct info, please chime in. I cant see anyone other than only the most secure enterprise customers ordering a non camera phone, and the Verizon reps probably want the orders in before they put a commitment on a non consumer device.
    Yup.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-verizon-classic-2.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-verizon-classic-no-camera.jpg
    02-26-15 06:32 AM
    OT:
    WSJ: YouTube isn't making money, even with a billion viewers
    YouTube: 1 Billion Viewers, No Profit - WSJ

Despite "Gangnam Style" having over two billion views, hosting countless other viral clips and netting over a billion users per-month, YouTube can't seem to turn a profit. How's that? Well, after paying for the infrastructure that makes Google's video empire possible (and its content partners), The Wall Street Journal says that YouTube didn't contribute to Mountain View's earnings. The culprit, apparently, is that most users arrive at videos via links, rather than daily visits to the YouTube homepage where Google could charge a premium for ads. WSJ also reports that the site's reach isn't very wide either, with one source's estimate that nine percent of viewers account for a whopping 85 percent of online-video views. That makes it a much less appealing audience for advertisers than traditional TV programming, despite the outfit's increasing investment in original content.
    How many users does WhatsApp have, already?
    bungaboy, rarsen, lech31 and 5 others like this.
    02-26-15 07:18 AM
    FWIW:
    https://n4bb.com/blackberry-leap-rio-live-photos/

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-2.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-6.jpg

Although, the internals are most certainly different than the Z3. Here’s the known BlackBerry Rio/Leap (STR100-1) specs:

295 PPI on a 5-inch 1280 x 720 display
    2MP front facing, 8MP rear facing cameras
    2800 mAh non-removable battery
    MSM 8960 Dual Core 1.5 GHz processor
    2 GB RAM, 16GB Flash + Micro SD
    Penta Band LTE + 4G Hotspot
    Wi-Fi 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n
    BT 4.0 / DLNA / Miracast
    Dual Microphone
    Speaker phone
    9.5 mm profile
    Plus other pics...