View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    That's a bad day for shorts

Correction : That's a very bad day for Motley Fools; BB up 4%, AAPL down by 2.3%
    Mr BBRY, 3MIKE, lech31 and 2 others like this.
    02-25-15 01:54 PM
    I wonder how it feels to be short today ? More good news in the pipeline, new product being announced at embedded word on Friday, new devices to be announced next week at the Mobile World Congress and maybe a joint Announcement by Samsung and BlackBerry about their expanded partnering. Sure glad I'm not short.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 01:57 PM
    Interesting readin this John Chenbeck's "Of Munx and Ment".
    02-25-15 02:04 PM
    I wonder how it feels to be short today ? More good news in the pipeline, new product being announced at embedded word on Friday, new devices to be announced next week at the Mobile World Congress and maybe a joint Announcement by Samsung and BlackBerry about their expanded partnering. Sure glad I'm not short.

Posted via CB10
    Well. I am gonna celebrate today with Lunch beer. Cheers

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1382431491_cheeky_chicks_again_.jpg

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    02-25-15 02:06 PM
    Boom !!!
    http://seekingalpha.com/news/2325346...=25#email_link

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    02-25-15 02:10 PM
    Haha, I'm so late to the party lol

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    You're on a beach on vacation!
    Mr BBRY, Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    02-25-15 02:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Never to late !!
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-25-15 02:17 PM
    Seems to be a correlation with APPL taking bit of a dive at about the same time the Google partnership was announced. Coincidence?

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    02-25-15 02:20 PM
    02-25-15 02:23 PM
    Hey folks...very positive to see Google come to the party at long last - not a panacea, but good news indeed! Let see it run up for a while...news has been so dry lately! Best all...

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:24 PM
    Aapl taking the Nasdaq for a run downhill.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:30 PM
    You're on a beach on vacation!
    Half beach, half bar

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150225_154249.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:43 PM
    Bloomberg) -- BlackBerry Ltd.’s stock jumped after it announced a partnership with Google Inc. to allow the search giant’s suite of mobile productivity tools to run on the smartphone maker’s device management system.
    The agreement lets businesses and governments running BlackBerry’s BES12 software integrate Android for Work, which Google rolled out today, BlackBerry said in a statement.
    The news sent BlackBerry stock up as much as 4.7 percent to C$13.41 at 2:32 p.m. New York time. Google, based in Mountain View, California, advanced as much as 1.9 percent to $546.22.
    As more businesses allow employees to use their own phones for work, BlackBerry is trying to increase its ability to manage devices and tools from multiple technology providers. In November, the Waterloo, Ontario-based company inked a similar deal with Samsung Electronics Co.
    Android for Work allows users to separate work and personal applications on their smartphones, letting a company’s information-technology department secure and manage only work-related content.
    The partnership shows BlackBerry’s reputation for security is still strong, said Kevin Stadtler, president of Stadtler Capital Management LLC.
    “One shortcoming of the Android platform is security. They’re partnering with BlackBerry in order to directly address that,” Stadtler, who owns BlackBerry stock, said by phone.
    Google also announced partnerships on Android for Work with companies including SAP SE, Samsung and SOTI Inc.
    BlackBerry Rises on Partnership With Google for Android for Work - Bloomberg Business
    3MIKE, rarsen, La Emperor and 10 others like this.
    02-25-15 02:45 PM
    Well. I am gonna celebrate today with Lunch beer. Cheers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1382431491_cheeky_chicks_again_.jpg 
Views:	996 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	336909

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    Nice one! Can anyone find the smiley faces?
    02-25-15 02:50 PM
    The Verge on Android for Work: (story below as I know some of you don't care for them, you won't have to click )

Android has been oft-crticized for not being secure enough � it's why Apple's more locked-down approach has made iOS a success in business, and it's the reason that BlackBerry still manages to sell phones at all. Google's Android OEM partners have attempted to shore things up on their end through things like Samsung Knox, but now Google is taking matters into its own hands in a big way with Android for Work.

Google first introduced the initiative last summer at its I/O developer conference, and today the company is formally launching the program and releasing plenty of details on how exactly it'll work. The basic goal is to make it a lot easier for businesses to deploy Android devices to their employees � and to make the Android devices that employees are already bringing to work on their own more secure.

Enterprise mobility has come "from a few people that have Blackberrys to more than 100 million managed devices," said product manager Rajen Sheth, "but that's just scratching the surface." Android for Work consists of two parts: a set of new technologies that Google has built into Android 5.0 Lollipop and a wide-ranging set of partnerships with hardware makers, software developers, enterprise mobility management companies, and more.

GOOGLE IS GETTING SERIOUS ABOUT HAVING ANDROID IN AS MANY BUSINESSES AS POSSIBLE

The first core technology Google will deploy is the concept of work profiles. "We've separated out your work life and personal life as complete separate users on the device," said project manager Rajen Sheth. That keeps all apps, data, and communications separate and manageable by a company's IT team. Sheth noted then that Google made sure to build its profiles in a way that won't require users to actually jump back and forth between profiles � instead, apps that are provisioned by your company for work usage have a work "badge" identifying them as such. Companies can manage those apps as they see fit without touching any of the personal data or apps a user might have on their phone.

Work profiles are built right into Android Lollipop, but Google said that it'll support older devices with a downloadable Android for Work app that will provide a very similar experience (and corresponding control by corporate IT) for devices running Android 4.0 or later. As far as managing apps goes, Google Play for Work will let any app in the Play Store be deployed by an IT department without the need for it to be provisioned or "wrapped" so that a corporation can control it.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A GOOGLE APPS CUSTOMER TO USE ANDROID FOR WORK

Instead, users will be able to install any app from the Play Store if approved by their company, and the company can delete or push out apps at will. Companies will also be able to bulk purchase apps if they want to deploy out to their users. Of course, it's still up to companies to make sure the apps they are pushing out to users are safe and secure, but companies can be as restrictive as they want when it comes to what apps their users can download.

The last core piece of Google's Android for Work offering is its built-in set of productivity tools � but instead of keeping people in Google's own ecosystem, Sheth said that "we're making it easy for people to use a variety of email and calendar systems on Android." Essentially, Google is offering work-specific mail, calendar, and contacts app for companies not using Google Apps. Exchange is naturally supported, and a variety of document types beyond Google Docs will work, as well.

SAMSUNG, SONY, HTC, MOTOROLA, AND MANY MORE ARE ON BOARD

Google's not doing this alone, either. The company has a pretty serious slate of partners to start with across four different categories: devices, applications, networking, and management. The partner list is long and includes such heavyweights as Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Adobe, Box, Salesforce, Cisco, Citrix, BlackBerry, and many more. Indeed, these partnerships are part of the reason we haven't heard much about Android for Work since Google I/O � Sheth said that Google didn't want to have an "empty launch." Instead, the company has been able to test with customers and build partnerships so that it can hit the ground running.

BlackBerry's partnership with Google is particularly notable, as the company's BlackBerry Exchange Server is still seen as a leader in the security space, even as its devices are less and less relevant to consumers. Working with Google could be an important step to keeping BES a leader, and it's not entirely surprising � BlackBerry partnered with Samsung late last year to help beef up Knox security. Now, all Android at Work users could benefit from the new partnership, not just Samsung users (assuming their company users BES).

How widely adopted Android for Work will be remains to be seen, but Google is right that the opportunity in front of it is huge � and both the partner list and the technology that the company is putting behind the initiative should serve notice that the company is taking the opportunity seriously. At the very least, it looks a lot better than using that old BlackBerry your company makes you carry around.

Google wants its billion-plus Android users to bring their phones to work | The Verge
    02-25-15 02:52 PM
    Let's take a look at Google point of view.

"Google expands push into workplace with Android for Work effort (Thomson Reuters)

By Alexei Oreskovic

SAN FRANCISCO, Feb 25 (Reuters) - Google Inc launched an initiative on Wednesday to make smartphones running its Android software more appealing to corporations, a move that could help extend the Internet company's reach into workplaces.

Google said on its official blog that its Android for Work program will provide improved security and management features for corporations that want to give their employees Android smartphones. Smartphones supported by the new initiative will be able to keep an employee's work and personal apps separate, and a special Android for Work app will allow businesses to oversee key tools such as email, calendar and contacts.

Google said it is partnering with more than two dozen companies including Blackberry Ltd, Citrix Systems Inc , Box Inc.

Google's Android software is the world's most popular mobile operating system, but many corporations, which have significant security and device management requirements, give their employees smartphones made by Blackberry or Apple Inc. (Reporting by Alexei Oreskovic; editing by Andrew Hay)"

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:53 PM
    Difficult to tell if BBRY's partnership with Google and Android for Work is any different than other EMM's. Google said to be partnering with a wide range of EMM companies. If no differentiation then rally will fade.

Posted via CB10
    It's great that BB is onboard, it means Chen is taking every opportunity, but other companies like AirWatch, Maas360(IBM) and of course the much discussed MobileIron are also official partners for integration into their product.
    Yes they provide similar features...but how do those other companies deal with billing for Personal vs Work environments?

Virtual SIM...?

There is BBM meetings, and I'm sure there are other exclusive security offerings with BES over the competition, no?
    morganplus8, W Hoa, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    02-25-15 02:55 PM
    The Verge saying something that I interpret as positive regarding BBRY and Android for Work - even categorizing BES a leader:

Google wants its billion-plus Android users to bring their phones to work | The Verge

"BlackBerry's partnership with Google is particularly notable, as the company's BlackBerry Exchange Server is still seen as a leader in the security space, even as its devices are less and less relevant to consumers. Working with Google could be an important step to keeping BES a leader, and it's not entirely surprising — BlackBerry partnered with Samsung late last year to help beef up Knox security. Now, all Android at Work users could benefit from the new partnership, not just Samsung users (assuming their company users BES)."
    02-25-15 02:57 PM
    02-25-15 02:58 PM
    Short interest: Down

2/13/2015 90,272,146
    1/30/2015 97,681,923
    02-25-15 03:06 PM
    Short interest: Down

2/13/2015 90,272,146
    1/30/2015 97,681,923
    After today, that number should go up.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    02-25-15 03:07 PM
    May is not for away. chen did say about a software solution for blackberry devices with some android attraction angle. i can see this guy doing something special.
    02-25-15 03:09 PM
    I'm not sure at all... BlackBerry signing with two giants as Google and Samsumg, good sales on AT&T, Classic coming tomorrow on Verizon, Q results in just some days... A lot of reasons to be cautious before betting against BlackBerry
    02-25-15 03:25 PM
    Half beach, half bar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150225_154249.jpg 
Views:	1208 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	336917

Posted via CB10

Le paradis sur Terre
    02-25-15 03:30 PM
113,256 ... 32213222322332243225 ...