View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Just got done with a 2-day conference in NY hosted by Wells Fargo where I would say about 60-70% of the phones I came across were Blackberry. I was a little disappointed that only about 15% of those were BB10 devices (all Z10/Q10) and the rest were 9900s. I think Wells Fargo still issues Blackberry's to employees
    Too bad one of the directors that we all know well can't have that situation changed pronto!
    02-25-15 12:23 PM
    I'm hanging out in the att store and i'm schooling the customer service rep on everything BlackBerry lol

*edit* she uses an iphone & samsung.
    I asked if anyone else purchased one of the new BlackBerry phones from her store and she said she wasn't aware -- one person did come in and inquire she said before they had them available. I don't know how credible she was though because when I was in there an older gentleman had a classic he was purchasing. I struck up a convo and commended him on his awesome purchase and told him he had good taste. He told me the phone was for his wife LOL. Then I told him he had good taste for marrying her hahaha!

The sales lady was also unaware that BlackBerry ran android apps and I showed her IG and snapchat, netflix ect. She seemed impressed then. She did know about the HUB tho and seemed like att versed their employees on this feature some.

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    Last edited by ZayDub; 02-25-15 at 01:18 PM.
    02-25-15 12:41 PM
    02-25-15 12:41 PM
    Guys, I'll do my best to answer ASAP. Don't forget to mention your country please.
    02-25-15 12:43 PM
    What’s even more exciting is just how large the market is. A $19 trillion market is predicated based on 50 billion devices being connected to the Internet by 2020. The makers of those products are going to have a few choices. They could try to use one of the current mobile operating systems, modify it, and try to deploy that, but the security holes would be extreme. They could create their own operating system, but that is an expensive endeavor. Finally, they could pay a small per-device licensing fee to BlackBerry.
    The smartphone narrative continues to be played around by narrow focused journalists ( by choice or by $$$) regarding Blackberry. It seems like they completely ignore the fact that Blackberry is transforming itself to capture something much bigger out there. IOT.

There was also a time when people were mocking how much QNX is charging for licensing fee for the infotainment systems in cars. Some FUD Masters suggesting a $1 ea of course with a sarcastic snarky comments. "Meaningless revenue, non factor, blahhh, blahhh, blahhh...."

Well here's Blackberry's answer to you. If we are to believe Cisco ( well they have all the data to back their projection, after all they are the largest data router in the world ) then the 50 billion total devices in 5 years will bring in some staggering revenue, even for the 1$ licensing fee alone. The only question is how big of the market will QNX capture. Note that there are currently 10 Billion devices connected out there.

So If you believe that paragraph I quoted from the Fools report, and a true investor of BBRY, then you should be smiling.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 02-25-15 at 01:19 PM.
    02-25-15 12:57 PM
    Not sure you all saw this over in the News Forum.

Guest speakers to note: JC and Patrick Soon-Shiong

http://lakenonaimpactforum.org/speakers/

Some notables on the list of speakers :
    Dr.OZ, Johnson & Johnson, CVS, Cisco, Garmin, etc...

http://lakenonaimpactforum.org/
    [/i]
    Shouldn't Dr.Oz be in jail by now. Or at least have lost his license.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-25-15 12:58 PM
    Believe it or not, right after my previous post , BBRY jumped 30 cents.....hahahaha...
    02-25-15 01:02 PM
    Looks like a nice POP! Has the quiet period ended? What is the news?
    lech31, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    02-25-15 01:02 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150225_121317.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150225_121207.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150225_121202.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150225_121159.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150225_121132.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150225_121125.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150225_121053.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150225_121049.jpg

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    02-25-15 01:04 PM
    BlackBerry works with Google to enhance mobile security and user experience!

Posted via CB10
    Google Collaboration....do I smell official access to Google Services for BB10 devices.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...190000414.html
    02-25-15 01:05 PM
    Holy moly big jump
    randall2580 and Mr BBRY like this.
    02-25-15 01:07 PM
    Wow some serious buying just came in...
    Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    02-25-15 01:08 PM
    Google Collaboration....do I smell access to Google Services.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...190000414.html
    Chen said that the individual divisions would be responsible for themselves, even if it meant doing something another division perferred they didn't do. I'm sure the handset guys aren't crazy about this, but in the end it's good for BlackBerry
    02-25-15 01:12 PM
    (Sorry for repost, didn't see the previous posts on this)

WHOA!!!

Big jump you say? A lot of buying all of a sudden?

BlackBerry Works With Google to Enhance Mobile Security and User Experience
    BlackBerry to reinforce cross-platform capabilities as a preferred EMM provider of Android for Work

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Feb. 25, 2015) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global leader in mobile communications, announced today that the Company is working with Google to enable BES12�: a cross-platform EMM solution by BlackBerry� to manage devices equipped with Android for Work, Google's solution to securely separate business and personal data and applications.

Backed by BES12, Android for Work creates a secure, dedicated profile for business data and applications. The BES12 solution will seamlessly integrate with the Android OS to enable platform-level containerization. This will eliminate the need for application wrapping, while providing unhindered access to Google Now and any Android application available on Google Play� that is permitted by an organization's IT policies.

BES12 will provide organizations with the most secure and flexible way to manage Android for Work. Android for Work smartphones and tablets will be natively managed within the BES12 environment, which streamlines management of all device platforms and deployment models, such as BYOD and COBO, in a single command and control center. Android for Work will be deployable with BES12 either on-premise or in the cloud, and will be supported by BlackBerry's gold standard of mobile security, scalable architecture and trusted network infrastructure.

"BlackBerry is working with Google to provide customers with solutions they can confidently deploy on all major mobile platforms within their organization," said Billy Ho, Executive Vice President, Enterprise Products and Value Added Solutions, BlackBerry. "Android for Work with BES12 will provide customers with another option to enhance their mobile security and the productivity of their employees, and the peace of mind that they will not have to relinquish any control over corporate data, sacrifice user experience or introduce more complexity into their environments."

In addition to announcing BES12 support for Android for Work, BlackBerry has expanded its cross-platform efforts with support for Android through value added services including BBM� Meetings, BBM Protected�, VPN Authentication by BlackBerry� and WorkLife by BlackBerry�.

BES12 support for Android for Work will be available for an invite only preview in March and will be available starting in the second quarter of 2015. For additional information, visit www.BlackBerry.com/googleandroid. To learn more about BES12, visit www.BlackBerry.com/bes12.

About BlackBerry

A global leader in mobile communications, BlackBerry� revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols "BB" on the Toronto Stock Exchange and "BBRY" on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.BlackBerry.com.

Forward-looking bar statements in this news release are made pursuant to the "safe harbor" provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and applicable Canadian securities laws. When used herein, words such as "expect", "anticipate", "estimate", "may", "will", "should", "intend", "believe", and similar expressions, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on estimates and assumptions made by BlackBerry Limited in light of its experience and its perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors that BlackBerry believes are appropriate in the circumstances. Many factors could cause BlackBerry's actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements, including those described in the "Risk Factors" section of BlackBerry's Annual Information Form, which is included in its Annual Report on Form 40-F (copies of which filings may be obtained at www.sedar.com or www.sec.gov). These factors should be considered carefully, and readers should not place undue reliance on BlackBerry's forward-looking statements. BlackBerry has no intention and undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.

BlackBerry and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. BlackBerry is not responsible for any third-party products or services.*

Media Contact:
    BlackBerry Media Relations
    (519) 888-7465 x77273
    [email protected]

Investor Contact:
    BlackBerry Investor Relations
    (519) 888-7465
    [email protected]
    www.BlackBerry.com
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 02-25-15 at 01:57 PM.
    02-25-15 01:12 PM
    Do Not Bet against John Chen
    02-25-15 01:19 PM
    This sucks! Tomorrow stock would crash yet again! We barely made 1% gain today and tomorrow we'll go down 5% based on this news.
    Sorry Chrys but I'll bet you 12 virtual beers that this does absolutely nothing. Another 12 that says we finish green tomorrow. You in?
    I'd love for my prediction (of going down on UK news) to be wrong!
    woah, up almost 5% so happy to see that!
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-25-15 01:23 PM
    *knock knock*
    "Who is it?"
    "It's Apple. Can we join your party?"

"....its getting kinda full in here. I thought you liked to party alone?"
    "Usually, but we don't know where to begin with security. People don't put their important information in the hands of being cool"

"Sorry for your luck"

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 01:26 PM
    If we got Google Play natively on BlackBerry, I think 2M device sales per month would seem like a joke. One can dream!
    Actually, if Google started to make native apps for BlackBerry (maps, google now, gmail, hangouts etc), we'd still significantly improve our standing. They make these apps for iOS already! Maybe they'll make for BB 10!

Anyway, this news is not about getting Google Play on BlackBerry. It's about Google Play working with BES-managed Android devices.
    Shanerredflag and CDM76 like this.
    02-25-15 01:31 PM
    *knock knock*
    "Who is it?"
    "It's Apple. Can we join your party?"

"....its getting kinda full in here. I thought you liked to party alone?"
    "Usually, but we don't know where to begin with security. People don't put their important information in the hands of being cool"

"Sorry for your luck"

Posted via CB10
    LOL...nice one mate!

Sounds like Apple can't get past through (or figure out) Security!!
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 02-25-15 at 01:46 PM.
    3MIKE, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    02-25-15 01:32 PM
    Difficult to tell if BBRY's partnership with Google and Android for Work is any different than other EMM's. Google said to be partnering with a wide range of EMM companies. If no differentiation then rally will fade.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 01:35 PM
    Difficult to tell if BBRY's partnership with Google and Android for Work is any different than other EMM's. Google said to be partnering with a wide range of EMM companies. If no differentiation then rally will fade.

Posted via CB10
    It's great that BB is onboard, it means Chen is taking every opportunity, but other companies like AirWatch, Maas360(IBM) and of course the much discussed MobileIron are also official partners for integration into their product.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    02-25-15 01:44 PM
    Boom Bow Ping.

Edit: Yeah, other EMM providers are on board, but how many of them have security like BlackBerry? If I was stuck with Android devices for work, I know who I'd be choosing as my EMM provider.
    02-25-15 01:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    IMO, it is more of a Chen solidifying his winner roll and telling the market that he is capable of adding the value to the Blackberry VS as a looser. ultimately, numbers have to convince the long term.
    02-25-15 01:49 PM
113,256 ... 32203221322232233224 ...