View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It won't necessarily be a 'pure' BlackBerry device.

QNX at Embedded World 2015: 6 demos will be shown:

Demo 1: Neato Robotics BotVac. An automated vacuum cleaner with QNX Neutrino OS.
    Demo 2: Defibrillator the GS Electric G. Stemple GmbH with QNX Neutrino OS.
    Demo 3: We show the newest medical reference demo. It shows a composite of QNX, BlackBerry and third-party technologies for safety-critical medical devices.
    Demo 4: QNX SDK for apps and media.
    Demo 5: On Friday, a yet undisclosed robot is presented (See Crackberry lead page for this)

And this could be the 'new' device being talked about:

Demo 6: A new product in cooperation with Texas Instruments in the automotive sector.

This site has them all. It is in German.

QNX auf der Embedded World 2015: 6 Demos werden gezeigt | BB10QNX.de
    Embedded Word is happening this week in Germany, he was talking about a new device to be unveiled at the Mobile World Congress next week in Spain.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Glenn Biddle; 02-24-15 at 02:05 PM.
    02-24-15 01:53 PM
    Another win for QNX. I wonder which OS for the HMI's got kicked out...
    Euroimpianti's Autonomous Robots Gear Up with Latest Release of QNX Neutrino OS
    02-24-15 01:57 PM
    OT for thoses interested in a graph helping to understand some the geo-politics of Oil on General Investments, I have this listed on another CB site page:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11298196
    02-24-15 01:58 PM
    Embedded Word is happening this week in Germany he was talking about a new device to be unveiled at home Mobile World Congress next week in Spain.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I've edited my original post to reflect this.
    02-24-15 02:04 PM
    Expecting a weak quarter in regards to handset totals, though margins should be quite good.

Looks as though the next quarter is going to be well front end loaded with channel filling the US market.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    02-24-15 02:09 PM
    woah, what happened? BBRY was in RED to 10.07 and it just bounced to 10.28 and is GREEN now. I thought it was going to keep sliding down until we see some news from MWC.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry_feb24-2015.jpg
    3MIKE likes this.
    02-24-15 02:37 PM
    Expecting a weak quarter in regards to handset totals, though margins should be quite good.

Looks as though the next quarter is going to be well front end loaded with channel filling the US market.

Posted via CB10
    I think BBRY's quarter ends Feb 28. They just released Classic and Passport in the US in last 10 days of the quarter. Given that BlackBerry has already been available (without carrier subsidy) from Amazon.com, ShopBlackBerry.com, I think they'll manage to sell some 10,000 to 20,000 devices in these 10 days. That should add $4M to $8M to revenue and perhaps $1M to $2M to profit. Maybe that's all JC needed to show break-even quarter?
    02-24-15 02:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    This quarter will hopefully mark the bottom of the revenue decline. If Chen forecasts revenue growth then the turnaround will really take hold and there will be a gradual unwinding of the short position.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    02-24-15 03:05 PM
    humm not a lot but good to see
    https://www.fbo.gov/index2?s=opportu...rint_preview=1

The U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan requires the following items, Purchase Description Determined by Line Item, to the following:
    LI 001: Brand new, genuine Blackberry Q10, black color, 16GB smart phone, factory unlocked, international version - 4G / LTE 3, 7, 8, 20 (1800 / 2600 / 900 / 800 MHz), 300, EA;
    LI 002: International shipping fee to U.S. Embassy Kabul street address, Door-to-Door shipping mode at:
    U.S. Embassy Kabul Great Massoud Road Kabul, Afghanistan, 1, EA;
    La Emperor, sidhuk, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    02-24-15 03:35 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img-20150224-wa007.jpg

Peugeot 208's media player, powered by QNX, am I right? Looks lovely.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 04:02 PM
    Lots of buzz at work about Blend. People who were issued BB10s got the 10.3.1 updates recently and everyone is excited.

This will translate to a lot of new BES12 licenses.

Posted via CB10
    Reminds me a 'WOAOW'...
    Blend in its actual shape is a game changer.
    Add BBM audio/video and calls...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    02-24-15 05:47 PM
    I had a brief conversation with one guy from 'the car of the future' team at Peugeot. They're definitely using QNX. Not sure for 208, will check.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 05:50 PM
    As we eagerly wait for forthcoming good news, a few words of support from our friend Albert until we celebrate:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crackberry-einstein-feb-2015.jpg
    02-24-15 06:36 PM
    Not sure I want to post this but, heck, it's out there:
    BlackBerry left on the line as UK users continue to hang up | Technology | The Guardian

Excerpts:

BlackBerry will have fewer than 1 million users outside businesses in the UK by the end of the year, a radical slump from a peak of nearly 8 million in June 2012, according to new research from two companies.

The dramatic fall from grace of the iconic mobile phones, which were blamed for spreading unrest during the London riots of summer 2011 , follows a series of high-profile and expensive flops – first with its PlayBook tablet and then with the touchscreen Z10 phone, as it tried to catch rivals such as Samsung and Apple.

The firm has also plunged into operating losses and seen revenues dwindle for 11 of the past 12 quarters. In a bid to cut costs, it has fired thousands of staff.

Now new research from eMarketer provided exclusively to the Guardian paints a bleak picture for the company. It says it may have as few as 700,000 non-business users in the UK, and that by 2017 the figure could fall to 400,000.

Separately, another research company, Kantar Worldpanel, told the Guardian that although BlackBerry’s data currently shows 1.4 million non-business users, it is losing 56,000 users every month to other platforms such as Apple’s iPhone, Google’s Android and Microsoft’s Windows Phone. “I’d expect we would see fewer than a million people with a BlackBerry as their primary handset around September 2015,” Dominic Sunnebo, global consumer insight director at Kantar, said.

The UK used to be one of BlackBerry’s biggest and most loyal markets – but the collapse in consumer base will create financial problems for the company, which under its new chief executive John Chen has retrenched to its original corporate and government roots, where it is prized for its levels of security. But both Apple and Samsung have begun to make inroads there, winning approval from the US and UK governments for their handsets to be used in low-level security work.

BlackBerry’s revenues rely heavily on handset sales: Chen has said that it needs to sell 10m per year to be profitable. But falling user numbers mean fewer sales and a spiralling problem for the company.

“BlackBerry’s fall from grace has been spectacular, but these latest figures show that even its previously loyal core seems to be leaving in droves,” said Bill Fisher, UK analyst at eMarketer. “Its market share has been decimated by Android and iOS, and more recently by Windows Phone, which is slowly gaining a foothold in the UK market.”
    rarsen, La Emperor and kadakn01 like this.
    02-24-15 07:12 PM
    I heard an interesting bit on the radio today...a local app developer (in Calgary Canada) has been getting ALLOT of air time with his notification app which advises people texting you that you're driving. It's called One Touch. They have an Android version and are working on crapple...when asked about when we might expect a BlackBerry version the Dev said: " we can't get our app to work on BlackBerry, not that we hate BlackBerry or anything but all their sms and BBM's are encrypted and we can't obtain a way around that issue for our app to work properly".

So... appears that's good, I guess but I would hope BlackBerry expands the call alert software we already have to include texts and BBM's...seems the way of the future.

Classically Posted.
    Andy_bb_king, 3MIKE, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    02-24-15 07:23 PM
    Doom and good let the game begins before the next quarter. it's quite typical

#BBFactCheck
    02-24-15 07:26 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I heard an interesting bit on the radio today...a local app developer (in Calgary Canada) has been getting ALLOT of air time with his notification app which advises people texting you that you're driving. It's called One Touch. They have an Android version and are working on crapple...when asked about when we might expect a BlackBerry version the Dev said: " we can't get our app to work on BlackBerry, not that we hate BlackBerry or anything but all their sms and BBM's are encrypted and we can't obtain a way around that issue for our app to work properly".

So... appears that's good, I guess but I would hope BlackBerry expands the call alert software we already have to include texts and BBM's...seems the way of the future.

Classically Posted.
    Blackberry should develop their own in house native version...

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 07:35 PM
    Blackberry should develop their own in house native version...

Posted via CB10
    Yes...exactly.

Classically Posted.
    02-24-15 07:50 PM
    I think we have an app in BBW call Safe Drive

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/31252891
    02-24-15 08:04 PM
    Yes...exactly.

Classically Posted.
    It's already the case for voice calls, fully customizable: one tap and you rejct call plus send text message. No biggie to make it similar for text.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    02-24-15 08:55 PM
    It's already the case for voice calls, fully customizable: one tap and you rejct call plus send text message. No biggie to make it similar for text.

Posted via CB10
    Yes...need for SMS and BBM

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy, rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    02-24-15 09:06 PM
    I think we have an app in BBW call Safe Drive

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/31252891
    Thank you...wasn't aware of this one, am going to email Dev to see if they could make it notify sender (of message) that you are driving and unavailable, or any other circumstance, (meeting, cottage...gettin lucky).

Classically Posted.
    02-24-15 09:09 PM
    Not sure I want to post this but, heck, it's out there:
    BlackBerry left on the line as UK users continue to hang up | Technology | The Guardian

Excerpts:
    This sucks! Tomorrow stock would crash yet again! We barely made 1% gain today and tomorrow we'll go down 5% based on this news.
    02-24-15 09:27 PM
    This sucks! Tomorrow stock would crash yet again! We barely made 1% gain today and tomorrow we'll go down 5% based on this news.
    Let's just wait and see first shall we. Go BBRY Go!

Posted with X10 via CB10
    02-24-15 09:57 PM
    Let's just wait and see first shall we. Go BBRY Go!

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Will be a good indicator of market perception. Apple stock is immune to bad news. iOS bugs show up every day, cyber threats, hardware failures. No penalty

In the past, we've seen the opposite for BlackBerry. Positive news hardly moves the stock, while even insignificant bad news plummets it.

I feel a positive change in sentiment surrounding BBRY lately. This will help us see more about it.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    02-24-15 10:14 PM
113,250 ... 32183219322032213222 ...