View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Semi-OT: Fairfax raised $650M in a bought deal financing. Also hit all time highs after the insurance acquisition deal from a couple days ago.
    RBC offering up shares at $650 each.
    02-19-15 05:53 PM
    Same with TD, just received an offering email

RBC offering up shares at $650 each.
    lcjr likes this.
    02-19-15 06:00 PM
    Same with TD, just received an offering email
    Sounds like a deal based on today's closing price.
    lcjr likes this.
    02-19-15 06:48 PM
    OT: SPHS

Did anyone else notice this? Morgan I think you may have more experience with this but does this mean they risk being delisted?

Attachment 334746

Posted via CB10
    Hi slipstream89,

I was away on business today and missed the market trading period all together.

It is clear by their stock chart that they have been trading under a buck a share for 30 days. This isn't news for most of us. They have 180 days to right-side the price of the stock, they can then apply for an additional 180 days to accomplish a price increase, and, they have 15 days to appeal that decision and ask for an additional 180 days to satisfy the exchange. Failing all attempts to stay on the Nasdaq they can move to a different exchange and wait to grow the company enough to regain their Nasdaq listing again. The management is well aware of this, they will deal with the issue long before it turns ugly, you shouldn't surprised and I wouldn't worry, they could simply pull the plug on that $ 30 MM study and the stock would shoot back up to $ 2.00/shr in a matter of hours. This isn't a dying company ,they are spending $ 30 MM on a study that won't add to the bottom line so the large funds sold the stock and moved on.

Here are a couple of links for more information:

https://listingcenter.nasdaq.com/***...inuedguide.pdf

NASDAQ Delisting Process for Smaller Public Companies

They have so many ways to raise the price of the stock that I wouldn't worry about it at all. Delisting means you are off one exchange and onto another, nothing bad happens to your shares. Heck, they have enough cash to buy back all the stock today. Hope this helps.
    02-19-15 07:04 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, another vulnerability from the iPhone with new ones seems coming out every second week??

New iOS Vulnerability Allows Copy Cat Apps to Spy on Users |
    The biggest thing about this is that it may be difficult for Apple to fix this issue as it is essentially a feature of their operating system. In typical Apple fashion, they have failed to respond to this and when they do, will likely blame users, enterprise, the media, twitter, you dog and anyone else they can find but will certainly not accept the fact that there is an issue.
    Corbu, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 13 others like this.
    02-19-15 07:16 PM
    So would it be too risky to buy more stocks now?
    It would go to the pink sheets.

At this point, your best bet is Google.

Pink sheets mean lower volume. Often very low. But Google is your friend.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 07:31 PM
    So anyone want to take a guess at when the US carriers send around 10.3.1? Im not holding my breath on when I get it for my Q10. Im not willing to download a leak since since the phone can be mission critical at some times. Though I suppose now that 10.3.1 is the released OS, it should be a stable as I need it to be and could try to find an autoloader.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    02-19-15 09:48 PM
    So anyone want to take a guess at when the US carriers send around 10.3.1? Im not holding my breath on when I get it for my Q10. Im not willing to download a leak since since the phone can be mission critical at some times. Though I suppose now that 10.3.1 is the released OS, it should be a stable as I need it to be and could try to find an autoloader.
    What carrier are you with

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 09:59 PM
    Some answers here, maybe:
    BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 Roll Out In North America | N4BB
    02-19-15 09:59 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150218_222451-3-.jpg

Just thought I'd share my new baby

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 10:05 PM
    Nice shot:

Attachment 334509

Classically Posted.
    Thanks for my new Q10 lock screen

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and Mr BBRY like this.
    02-19-15 10:56 PM
    Hey JonCBK,

I'll take a guess at it and say within 7 days.

Quid pro quo:
    When are you going to upgrade the Q10 to the Classic?

PS - Don't be a stranger. Your comments are insightful and worthy of the thread!
    02-20-15 01:22 AM
    See TMobile is crawling back because they are in a tight race against Sprint. They realized even BlackBerry could make the difference between them keeping the lead against Sprint for third place. They are really fighting for that spot. Hopefully BlackBerry is able to use that as leverage to maybe getting some marketing dollars.
    02-20-15 04:07 AM
    Latest Blend promo videos:

02-20-15 06:54 AM
    What carrier are you with

Posted via CB10
    Anyone with Telus get the update?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:05 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY), T-Mobile In ‘Positive’ Discussion Over A Partnership

During the fourth-quarter earnings call, Legere was asked several questions over a range of matters including a question related to BlackBerry. Although Legere gave no specific details regarding the timeframe or guarantees, he did said that the companies are in discussion, and the company is optimistic on a possible partnership with BlackBerry. The term ‘positive’ discussion do suggest that at some point BlackBerry will make a comeback on the carrier, but timing is not known.

Both the companies know very well that there are a big number of BlackBerry fans on the carrier’s network. Last year, BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSE:BB) and T-Mobile parted ways after CEO John Chen criticized the carrier for a loyalty program that asked BlackBerry users to switch to iPhones. Since then, Blackberry has not renewed its T-Mobile’s license, which expired on April 25.

At that time, Chen said “Regretfully, at this time, our strategies are not complementary, and we must act in the best interest of our BlackBerry customers. We hope to work with T-Mobile again in the future when our business strategies are aligned.”

Rising popularity of BlackBerry

In recent times, BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSE:BB) has been able to somewhat come back on the growth track. Even though the iPhone and Android are far ahead of BlackBerry, its latest devices Passport and Classic are selling well among the enterprise. The new phones along with BES 12 presents a strong case for the Canadian firm.

As of now, in the U.S., BlackBerry Z10 and Z30 are offered by Verizon while Sprint offers Q10. AT&T will soon be offering the latest BlackBerry devices Passport and Classic.

Separately, BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSE:BB) released a major software update on Thursday. The update allows all the Blackberry 10 devices such as Z10, Q10 and Z30 an access to the Android apps and various other features including Blend. According to the Canadian firm, the OS 10.3.1 will allow users to access both the BlackBerry World Appstore and the Amazon Appstore.
    lech31, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    02-20-15 07:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    No, not me

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nope nothing yet for me !
    02-20-15 07:47 AM
    http://now.avg.com/malware-is-still-...mobile-is-off/

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy, rarsen and 3MIKE like this.
    02-20-15 07:57 AM
    AT&T just sent out the Classic and Passport availability emails.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150220_091716.png

Posted via CB10
    lech31, Mr BBRY, 3MIKE and 8 others like this.
    02-20-15 08:21 AM
    02-20-15 08:54 AM
    It does look "cleaner"....

It looks like a tempered glass screen protector would seat a lot better and not have any lift around the edges.
    02-20-15 09:01 AM
    Verge is anti blackberry. Not gonna give em click. No matter how good they say, it will still have hidden negative agenda.

02-20-15 09:36 AM
    Personally I like the original better
    02-20-15 09:40 AM
    Verge is anti blackberry. Not gonna give em click. No matter how good they say, it will still have hidden negative agenda.

I understand not wanting to give them a click.....

So for those that don't want to click (I already did), here is their article :

"
    At long last, those wanting to purchase one of BlackBerry's new smartphones can now do so directly from a major US carrier. Starting today, AT&T is offering the BlackBerry Passport and Classic, the two most recent smartphones from the Canadian company. The Classic AT&T is selling is exactly the same as the model that's been available directly from BlackBerry since December, complete with a throwback design that looks like it was pulled right out of 2012.

But oddly enough, AT&T's Passport (which is exclusive to the carrier for the time being) is different from the Passport BlackBerry introduced way back in September of last year. The internal hardware is essentially the same, but AT&T dictated notable changes to the design of the device that alter its character ever so slightly. It's still an awkward rectangle designed to "work wide" that requires two hands for use, and it still has the three-row hardware keyboard with touch sensitivity like the original Passport. But AT&T's version has swapped the hard corners of the original for softer, rounded edges. The layered sandwich design for the metal frame has been replaced with a more traditional band that wraps around the entire edge of the phone. And the back of the phone feels ever so slightly softer and more rounded than before.

AT&T'S DESIGN WORKS BETTER ERGONOMICALLY THAN THE ORIGINAL PASSPORT
    The overall effect of these changes is that AT&T's Passport is significantly less visually striking than the first Passport. If the original Passport looked as if it put on its business suit to get stuff done, the AT&T version looks like it swapped the worsted wool for a generic cotton sweat suit. In practice, AT&T's design arguably works better: it's more comfortable to hold in one hand (or two), and it's more comfortable in your pocket. Though the internal processor and specifications are the same as the first Passport, it seems that BlackBerry has been improving its software since launch, and many things (such as the camera) are faster and more responsive than before. It still takes too long to do a lot of simple tasks (such as refreshing a Twitter timeline) on BlackBerry 10, but I'm happy to see that there is noticeable forward movement.

Importantly for BlackBerry, AT&T is selling the Passport (and the Classic) in all of its retail stores as well as through its online and telesales channels. The Passport runs $199.99 with a contract or $649.99 outright, while the Classic is $49.99 on contract and $419.99 outright. Both phones can be purchased on AT&T's Next installment plan, and both are available to buy starting today. In the meantime, check out images of AT&T's customized Passport below."

02-20-15 09:51 AM
113,256 ... 32113212321332143215 ...