View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Definitely interesting for us shareholders.

When is the MWC?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 03:03 PM
    OT:

Morgan,

May I ask your views on PSDV, XOMA?
    Hi chrysaurora !!

I guess if I'm "liking" your posts the least I could do is answer your questions! I don't know if you have been reading my OT posts but the PSDV trade is one of my favs now. They have $ 1.33/shr in cash, they are entering the US market for the first time, early (Feb 21st, 5 weeks ahead of plan) and that market is huge. There are 270,000 patients in their supply chain who could benefit from their treatment and at $ 8,500/treatment, that's is some huge upside there. Management is the friendliest bunch that I have had the pleasure to deal with in a very long time. There is nothing wrong with this investment accept its price! I want to see $ 8.00 - $ 10.00 this year and I believe that is very reasonable. We will hear about US uptake in the months ahead and they are targeted for 8 more countries soon. What's not to like about this one?

At the risk of boring everyone with data that is readily available for these companies, I will say that even XOMA is starting to come to life now. It needs to clear its 50-dma ( $ 3.78/shr) and head for its 200-dma. The IBB Index is so close to making a new all time closing high today. The biotech sector is red hot, all of them are moving together and this year is early in their cycle for a rally. Look at ACAD, its on fire, HALO is so close to a 52-week high and you can see the lack of stock at $ 15.00/shr with a huge short position still. You know I could go on talking about healthcare stocks but things are completely aligned for a major rally in these stocks. I see someone asking about SPHS, sorry I missed the name before starting this response, it too is getting setup for the very reason I bought it, to head back up to the $ 1.00/shr mark. Dam it, there was another one, oh, THLD, it is doing extremely well too, so don't sell any of these stocks at the beginning of their rally. HALO is trading at $ 15.00/shr but as of the mid-February time period, I wouldn't sell a share as we know the company is before the FDA to seek labelling changes and fast tracking, if they announce favourable news, the stock will go up in dollar terms. Life is good!

As for BBRY, I haven't felt so good about BB in a very long time I mentioned in January that BBRY is trading like it is at $ 7.18/shr ( a year ago), there is light volume, no selling, the news is building and Chen is so quiet. The general market is starting to see the benefit of cheap oil and we could see BBRY begin it s long awaited rally. Today we are testing the 50-dma from the topside, usually we trade either side of the 50-dma, or today, $ 10.33/shr but now we are confirming the move above the 50-dma. If we close above it today, and have a higher low tomorrow, say, not to drop below the 50-dma, we are off to the top of the $ 11.10/shr area of resistance.

One last thing, I have a buddy of mine at the top of the Tesla management group, he is an outstanding business person and very technical, he has been approached by a extremely large mobile phone company in Cupertino to head up a new project, what could it be? I knew about this awhile ago but couldn't comment on it at that time. I guess I might be one of those sources for the type of comments we often hear about BB and "persons of interest" in the news.

That's it, I hope I mentioned your investments gang! GL
    Last edited by morganplus8; 02-18-15 at 05:48 PM.
    02-18-15 03:08 PM
    Thanks, Morgan!

Unfortunately I sold my 100 THLD at $3.97 I had purchased them at $3.91 and it crashed right after that. So, I had put in a sell-order for $3.97 to get out of it whenever chance presented itself. I forgot to cancel that order at the beginning of this rally.

I am going to purchase 100 Xoma and 100 PSDV soon (next week, when money reaches my trading account). My trading account is small right now (as I lost a bunch in bbry options last year) but I think if I invest small and make good investments this account will add-up/grow and I'd be able to recoup bbry losses and then some in a couple of years.

XOMA and PSDV - next week!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 03:26 PM
    So, is tomorrow 10.3.1 time?

Posted via CB10
    thebroph likes this.
    02-18-15 04:15 PM
    MollyMorton - So, is tomorrow 10.3.1 time?

I keep hearing YYYYEEEEEEESSSS!!!!
    02-18-15 04:49 PM
    Awesome job, Morgan. Thanks!
    02-18-15 05:17 PM
    Definitely interesting for us shareholders.

When is the MWC?

Posted via CB10
    March 2-5

http://www.mobileworldcongress.com/

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 06:01 PM
    BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 Launching Tomorrow | N4BB
    BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 Launching Tomorrow, Here’s What We Can Expect
    02-18-15 06:54 PM
    Here ya go SF:

Classically Posted.
    02-18-15 07:00 PM
    OT:
    http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/cd3cb...#axzz3S9LzMcMg
    Samsung buys mobile payments company to compete with Apple

Samsung Electronics has announced the acquisition of the US mobile payments company LoopPay, signalling its intent to take on Apple in the emerging field.

LoopPay’s system is “accepted at more locations than any competing service”, David Eun, head of Samsung’s Global Innovation Centre, which led the takeover, said in a statement.

His remark reflected the fact that — unlike Apple Pay, launched in October — LoopPay’s system uses the existing magnetic strip technology already found in most US credit card terminals, meaning that no additional investment by merchants is required.

Until now, users have had to buy a special phone case or external “dongle” to use LoopPay, which raised early capital through the Kickstarter website in 2013. But its technology’s incorporation in Samsung phones could dramatically increase adoption, setting the stage for a battle of competing payment systems between the world’s two largest smartphone producers.

Analysts forecast a big increase in in-store payments using mobile devices in the next few years: Forrester, for example, predicts that the US total will grow from $3.7bn last year to $34bn in 2019.

Near-field communications technology, used by Apple Pay, has been available for over a decade, but its use in mobile payment systems has been held back by retailers’ lack of enthusiasm for upgrading their sales terminals. The huge popularity of Apple’s iPhone has enabled it to push unprecedented adoption of NFC technology by retailers. At its launch, Apple Pay could be used at 220,000 US outlets, ranging from McDonald’s to Toys ‘R’ Us.

Yet this is a tiny proportion of US shops, while rival systems from Google and PayPal are also not accepted by the vast majority of retailers. In contrast, Samsung claims that LoopPay’s system works in more than 90 per cent of the country’s outlets.

The acquisition of LoopPay for an undisclosed sum comes ahead of the anticipated launch on March 1 of Samsung’s new flagship smartphone, which had been rumoured to include the US start-up’s payment technology. That speculation will be strengthened by Samsung’s statement on Thursday that its partnership with LoopPay dates at least to last July, when it made a “strategic investment” in the company.

The buyout follows recent promises from executives to be more aggressive in pursuing takeovers, as Samsung responds to last year’s sharp fall in profit and pressure from investors for higher cash returns. Last August Samsung paid a reported $200m for the US start-up SmartThings, which allows a range of household devices to be controlled through a single mobile app.

Reports last month that Samsung could acquire the Canadian group BlackBerry were denied by both companies, with Samsung saying it instead intended to make broader use of BlackBerry’s secure communications technology.
    02-18-15 07:26 PM
    OT:
    http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/cd3cb...#axzz3S9LzMcMg
    Samsung buys mobile payments company to compete with Apple
    Thanks Corbu,
    I'm so uninformed how NFC works elsewhere but here in Canada one must ne a member of a banking alliance for NFC to work (for payments) on any POS system. The Chartered Banks are so far ahead of everyone on this...they already own the space, hardware and access. Good luck Apple...your games won't work here.

Classically Posted.
    cjcampbell, Corbu, lcjr and 7 others like this.
    02-18-15 07:40 PM
    Oh heck yeah! Ask and you shall receive... just yesterday I was asking for an app that could read security certificates off a common access card (CAC) and alleviate the use of bulky card readers. This just released today:

http://www.fiercemobilegovernment.co...tes/2015-02-18

Posted via Passport
    02-18-15 08:15 PM
    BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 Launching Tomorrow | N4BB
    BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 Launching Tomorrow, Here�s What We Can Expect
    Depends on when carriers push it. I'm on verizon so I won't be staying up to late waiting

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    02-18-15 08:42 PM
    Me too, that's why I'm waiting for BlackBerry to finally allow users to download software updates immediately from their website.

Posted via Passport
    02-18-15 08:46 PM
    I don't know how I wound up in CRACKBERRY Particularly in this thread but mannnnnn ain't that a blessing, and I felt like posting this for all you guys in here,

Ain't life a *****

lcjr, bigbadben10, dusdal and 6 others like this.
    02-18-15 08:47 PM
    Depends on when carriers push it. I'm on verizon so I won't be staying up to late waiting

Posted via CB10
    I'm w/ Sprint in the U.S. and I always download updated OSes via Sachesi. It's fairly simple and easy to use. I recommend it. Avoid the wait.

*Edit* All Sachesi updates are Official OS builds that a particular carrier somewhere in the world has officially released. I don't download leaks.

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    02-18-15 10:03 PM
    interesting ...
    Attachment 334328
    Just wait till the BES12 stream hits.

Opposing-team nerds everywhere will want to jump ship toward the island of BlackBerry.
    Mr BBRY, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    02-19-15 12:28 AM
    Nice shot:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-facebook-20150219-025147.png

Classically Posted.
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    02-19-15 03:52 AM
    Hypervisor explained: http://utbblogs.com/the-new-qnx-hype...-does-it-mean/

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy, jxnb, CDM76 and 2 others like this.
    02-19-15 04:08 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd Analyst Rating Update

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) has received a Neutral rating from research analysts at Zacks with a rating of 3. The company has been rated an average of 3.05 by 19 Wall Street Analysts. 2 analysts have added the counter in their list of strong buys. 1 stock experts have also rated a buy. 12 broker firms see some more upside in the counter and have advised hold. 2 market experts have a negative outlook and rated it as strong sell. A sell call was initiated by 2 analysts.

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY): According to 18 Analysts, The short term target price has been estimated at $ 10.11.The target price could deviate by a maximum of $2.47 from the forecast price. In the near term, the target price could hit a high of $17 and a low of $ 6.
    02-19-15 06:09 AM
    And . . . in other news.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150218_152407.jpg
    Corbu, rarsen, Tinomane and 20 others like this.
    02-19-15 06:20 AM
    That is one awesome phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 06:23 AM
    Well, Rogers has pushed 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    02-19-15 08:28 AM
    Well, Rogers has pushed 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    I'm downloading it via Sachesi right now for my Q10 :HappyFace:

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-19-15 08:51 AM
    02-19-15 08:52 AM
113,256 ... 32093210321132123213 ...