View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't know if people realize what a game changer this is. THIS.IS.BIG.

Posted via CB10
    Ooo, I feel my tummy tingling. Damn!

OT: HALO's looking healthy for me, love it! :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 11:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah this is the Gladiator software that will be sent in to the arena to battle Apple.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 11:46 AM
    On the Passport in the USA. My wife went to an AT&T store this morning to get a SIM card for her new red Passport. The rep there said, "wow, we will have that this Friday, where did you get that?" "hubby got it for me from ShopBlackbeery site." she said. The rep pulled out his iPhone6 and placed next to the PP. Wife said, "my phone is much better than yours!" LOL
    Other reps in the store converged to her phone and took pictures of it. One of the reps was using a Z10. They said that customers had been coming into the store and asked for the Passport, and got upset at the fact they didn't have any yet.
    So, is this a unique environment or a reflection of the overall atmosphere surrounding the Passport?
    Or maybe it was just because of my wife (she is hot).

Edit: forgot to mention that wife told the reps that "this is a very special phone". One of them nodded his head in agreement.
    Pics or lie.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-18-15 11:50 AM
    How a Canadian whiz kid plans to upend the smartphone market

How a Canadian whiz kid plans to upend the smartphone market - The Globe and Mail
    02-18-15 11:54 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

Research: 84 percent more concerned about security and privacy in 2015 | ZDNet
    Security and privacy are top concerns for many IT professionals, and it's especially relevant now, after 2014's highly publicized data breaches.

Some would say that it is about time they woke up, maybe because of the increasing pain from the wallet!
    jxnb, morganplus8, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    02-18-15 12:03 PM
    Pics or lie.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry man!
    Take it or leave it.

Edit: okay, some one encouraged me to post a picture. The black one is mine and red is wife's.
    Attachment 334396
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 02-18-15 at 12:34 PM.
    02-18-15 12:09 PM
    The Like to your post is for you and the Thanked is for your wife

Edit : don't need pics to believe that the Passport is hot in red. Your wife I am confident she is hot for you!!
    On the Passport in the USA. My wife went to an AT&T store this morning to get a SIM card for her new red Passport. The rep there said, "wow, we will have that this Friday, where did you get that?" "hubby got it for me from ShopBlackbeery site." she said. The rep pulled out his iPhone6 and placed next to the PP. Wife said, "my phone is much better than yours!" LOL
    Other reps in the store converged to her phone and took pictures of it. One of the reps was using a Z10. They said that customers had been coming into the store and asked for the Passport, and got upset at the fact they didn't have any yet.
    So, is this a unique environment or a reflection of the overall atmosphere surrounding the Passport?
    Or maybe it was just because of my wife (she is hot).

Edit: forgot to mention that wife told the reps that "this is a very special phone". One of them nodded his head in agreement.
    02-18-15 12:24 PM
    you never know...

"Supported guest platforms for QNX Hypervisor's first outing include QNX Neutrino 6.6 and 6.5 SP1, Linux, Android, and QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment...."

JC mentioned that by summer time he hopes to have a feature that is specific to BB units and that should lure more people to the BB device.... wonder if this is part of it?
    BB 10 with Android Lollipop virtualized on a Blackberry handset would turn the industry. Enterprise can then mandate BB10 OS for corporate (if desired) and still make their employees happy running full Android. Other professionals may just try one of these devices (BYOD) just because they can because it's new, different, powerful. The hub and BB10 communications machine for the business day....Android for playtime without limitations.

Was trying to use iOS 8 for some email last weekend. Can't search for folder names to browse or to file messages. I use this feature all the time on BB10. Frustrating limitations with iOS ....the iSheep don't know they are missing powerful functionality....and when I tell them there is always the excuse "i will just use a laptop to do that". Point is...with a Passport....you don't need a laptop for a lot of things.
    02-18-15 12:28 PM
    BB 10 with Android Lollipop virtualized on a Blackberry handset would turn the industry. Enterprise can then mandate BB10 OS for corporate (if desired) and still make their employees happy running full Android. Other professionals may just try one of these devices (BYOD) just because they can because it's new, different, powerful. The hub and BB10 communications machine for the business day....Android for playtime without limitations.

Was trying to use iOS 8 for some email last weekend. Can't search for folder names to browse or to file messages. I use this feature all the time on BB10. Frustrating limitations with iOS ....the iSheep don't know they are missing powerful functionality....and when I tell them there is always the excuse "i will just use a laptop to do that". Point is...with a Passport....you don't need a laptop for a lot of things.
    Put the virtual Sim into the mix so you can have a personal number with all your personal apps and a work number running secure apps and the air time can even be billed separately. You can see that this is really a game changer, not to mention that it can be used in so many more games than just the cellular phone game.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, Shanerredflag and CDM76 like this.
    02-18-15 12:58 PM

I am going to say I do not believe that the first part is true, though I do admit that every time I think I understand this, someone tells me I am wrong for some reason....

In order to have full Google Android you must join the Android Open Handset Alliance. Phones qualifying under the AOHA must run full android without a container. As I understand it they now must boot to the "powered by android" screen as the first screen.

This is the reason I understand why BB10 cannot get GPS. I don't understand what is different about the set up using the new QNX container, however I am a commodity trader not an engineer Jim, so I am happy to be corrected.
    02-18-15 01:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah this is the Gladiator software that will be sent in to the arena to battle Apple.

Posted via CB10
    Put the virtual Sim into the mix so you can have a personal number with all your personal apps and a work number running secure apps and the air time can even be billed separately. You can see that this is really a game changer, not to mention that it can be used in so many more games than just the cellular phone game.

Posted via CB10
    Just a word of caution. This currently only supports ARM processor. And is expected to become available for general availability only in Q3 of 2015. Historically, BB has always had very very very very (can't stress that enough) difficult time sticking to deadlines as such. So, I'd expect this to become available in Q1 of 2016 actually.

Whether or not BB itself would utilize this virtualization capability remains to be seen but if it did happen, it'd be super amazing. This would indeed slay scattered Android brands. We'd become one company that is able to make money off of Android! Most companies doing Android are having hard-time making money as it is a race to the bottom. You sell your Android for $500, I'll sell mine for $300 and someone else will sell it for $150.

But with BB10 + Android hybrid, we'd be able to keep prices high enough to maintain a healthy profit margin. We'd be the new Apple - with our own proprietary OS.
    02-18-15 01:17 PM
    Could we also anticipate a flurry of Vodafone blackberry Classic launches in Europe and elsewhere soon... facilitated by the Canadian EDC large loan to Vodafone in support of Blackberry, as announced earlier?....

Posted via CB10
    Both Classic and Passport carried by Vodafone Romania. Also, both of them available at Orange, and very well promoted by those, especially online.
    morganplus8, Corbu, lech31 and 9 others like this.
    02-18-15 01:19 PM
    If I remember well that is what the IT chief at the DOD was referring too while holding a Z30 (one device for both Business and Personal use). if someone can dig and find that link.

bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    02-18-15 01:32 PM
    No, this was only for BB Balance.

When you are on a BES server, you have two universes on your BB device; one personal where you can do what you want, and a professional with only approved apps.

Sorry, not sure if I'm clear as I'm not fluent in English...
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and CDM76 like this.
    02-18-15 01:52 PM
    Shorts are gone?

Vol / Avg. 2.02M/15.13M
    3MIKE likes this.
    02-18-15 01:59 PM
    I am going to say I do not believe that the first part is true, though I do admit that every time I think I understand this, someone tells me I am wrong for some reason....

In order to have full Google Android you must join the Android Open Handset Alliance. Phones qualifying under the AOHA must run full android without a container. As I understand it they now must boot to the "powered by android" screen as the first screen.

This is the reason I understand why BB10 cannot get GPS. I don't understand what is different about the set up using the new QNX container, however I am a commodity trader not an engineer Jim, so I am happy to be corrected.
    Yes it doesn't change anything for getting official license for Google Apps or access to the Playstore. You could however manually load GAPPs like those who use custom Android roms do. In short this does nothing as an official solution but for hobbyists it would be a godsend.
    02-18-15 02:03 PM
    Yes it doesn't change anything for getting official license for Google Apps or access to the Playstore. You could however manually load GAPPs like those who use custom Android roms do. In short this does nothing as an official solution but for hobbyists it would be a godsend.

Well, I think it's about embedded systems. QNX for crucial tasks, and if car maker want's it, an other OS for multimedia.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-18-15 02:06 PM
    No, this was only for BB Balance.

When you are on a BES server, you have two universes on your BB device; one personal where you can do what you want, and a professional with only approved apps.

Sorry, not sure if I'm clear as I'm not fluent in English...
    No it is the Gladiator software, it hasn't been unveiled yet but it will be on March 5th, at the Mobile World Congress and it is slated to be released in the 3rd quarter of 2015. Probably the technology that Samsung wants to put in their phones.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 02:06 PM
    Custom roms generally are not sold commercially, so I think Google looks the other way in these cases. I do know that Cyanogen Mod faced this when they went commercial and started to sell their ROM and had to negotiate with Google to get access to the apps. I would think BlackBerry would face the same challenge in this regard.
    Shanerredflag and 3MIKE like this.
    02-18-15 02:13 PM
    OT Alert

Sophiris Bio is up ^10% at the moment and I can't figure out why. it popped just after 2pm but the only "news" I can find is from the 17th and it came from the street.

avoid the clickbate and read it here.

From a technical perspective, SPHS is trending higher here right above some near-term support at 43 cents per share with lighter-than-average volume. This stock has been trending sideways and consolidating for the last month and change, with shares moving between 42 cents per share on the downside and 50 cents per share on the upside. SPHS is now starting to bounce higher off the lower end of its range and moving close to triggering a big breakout trade above the upper end of its sideways trading chart pattern. That trade will hit if SPHS manages to take out some key near-term overhead resistance levels 48 cents to 49 cents per share and then above 50 cents per share with high volume.

Traders should now look for long-biased trades in SPHS as long as it's trending above its new 52-week low of 42 cents per share and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that registers near or above 355,890 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then SPHS will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at 58 cents per share. Any high-volume move above 58 cents per share will then give SPHS a chance to re-fill some of its previous gap-down-day zone from last December that started just above $1.

-- Written by Roberto Pedone in Delafield, Wis.

today we are in the 250,000 shares traded range with a big spick in activity just after 2pm.

Anyone hear anything interesting about SPHS today?
    02-18-15 02:17 PM
    OT:

Morgan,

May I ask your views on PSDV, XOMA?
    02-18-15 02:23 PM
    No it is the Gladiator software, it hasn't been unveiled yet but it will be on March 5th, at the Mobile World Congress and it is slated to be released in the 3rd quarter of 2015. Probably the technology that Samsung wants to put in their phones.

Posted via CB10
    I was answering to #80289 (Soumaila post). Do we spoke of the same thing?
    02-18-15 02:26 PM

What about full access or useability to the Amazon App store? Currently not all Amazon Apps play nice on BB10.

Maybe this eliminates the need to "port" apps, etc...?
    02-18-15 02:36 PM
    Custom roms generally are not sold commercially, so I think Google looks the other way in these cases. I do know that Cyanogen Mod faced this when they went commercial and started to sell their ROM and had to negotiate with Google to get access to the apps. I would think BlackBerry would face the same challenge in this regard.
    Yes CM and to an extant Xiaomi are special cases for non OHA companies that have devices with Google apps. Both have ties to Google that go way back either on the executive level or via dev relations as code that was produced by CM got incorporated into the open source Android build. Devices associated with both companies still have to pass compatibility suite testing and follow Google guidelines as to boot up logos and home screen app placement. Chen cited the last two requirements as issues that would prevent Blackberry ever getting a license from Google.
    randall2580 and Shanerredflag like this.
    02-18-15 02:55 PM
    With QNX hypervisor I don't see why it can't host both bb10 and android spaces...boot Android first if that is the Google rule.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 02:58 PM
113,250 ... 32083209321032113212 ...