View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Looks like BBRY is having its usual morning spike. Check out this trend. A guy posted it on StockTwits a few days ago.

Are the shorts using the morning volume to cover slowly every morning?

Attachment 334162

Posted via CB10
    Or Samsung is piling in cheap...

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 and bungaboy like this.
    02-17-15 09:14 AM
    Or Samsung is piling in cheap...

Posted via CB10
    As I understand it, Sammy could only buy up to 10% of the float on the sly. If they want to own more they have to announce to the world what their intentions are?
    02-17-15 09:23 AM
    As I understand it, Sammy could only buy up to 10% of the float on the sly. If they want to own more they have to announce to the world what their intentions are?
    Indeed.

Form 3 Definition | Investopedia

Those who know more than I do will correct me if I am wrong.
    02-17-15 09:37 AM
    They have to prevent SEC and COMCOM if they have more than 5 or 10% I think.
    randall2580, Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    02-17-15 09:41 AM
    Apologies if already posted
    Particularly like this part "That’s because McCain was famously computer-illiterate, and also because… the BlackBerry is a product of Canada."
    Yes, President Obama still uses a BlackBerry - GadgeTell | TechnologyTell
    Shanerredflag, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    02-17-15 09:47 AM
    I used to be afraid of low volumes ... but not anymore.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    02-17-15 09:52 AM
    Seems to be having trouble getting through $10.25

Any of the TA guys care to offer some insight (into all upcoming resistance, support points), pretty please?

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    02-17-15 10:02 AM
    It ain't over ... 'till the fat lady ...
    Did I write this ? nahhh, but I striked some ...

After rough 2014, Samsung eyes growth and acquisitions - CNET
    Although it's become a more active shopper in the past two years, Samsung hasn't made major acquisitions lately, disappointing some investors. But Yi signaled that the company may consider more, and perhaps bigger, deals on the mergers and acquisitions front.
    "We are primarily focused on M&a deals for companies that would be good fits to Samsung's current businesses," Yi told Reuters, "and we believe that know-how and experience accrued from such transactions will make bigger M&a deals possible going forward."
    02-17-15 10:09 AM
    They have to prevent SEC and COMCOM if they have more than 5 or 10% I think.
    You are right on both accounts, they have to announce ownership of 5% or more shares, that's it, at 10% they have to announce their intentions for the stock as part of the Form 3. Many announce the purchase is for investment purposes but every now and then, .............
    02-17-15 10:16 AM
    BBRY been oddly quiet after setting a frenetic pace in the latter half of 2014.

Execution time? Partnership time? Deal time?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 10:33 AM
    Seems to be having trouble getting through $10.25

Any of the TA guys care to offer some insight (into all upcoming resistance, support points), pretty please?

Posted via CB10

Aside from a short period of time outside this range, we have been locked inside a $ 9.75/shr to $ 11.10/shr range, bouncing off the 200-dma on Wednesday of last week and heading for the 50-dma this week. With Russia backing down and oil prices moving back up, the world is a better place now.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-noname.png

I think our next stop is the 50-dma at $ 10.33/shr not the $ 10.25/shr point which really isn't in play on a TA basis. Once we clear the 50-dma we are likely to head back up to the top of the channel again. Let's see what happens here.
    Corbu, bspence87, W Hoa and 17 others like this.
    02-17-15 10:35 AM
    Not sure if holding converts counts though...that's where the original price rumour may have come from.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 10:36 AM
    Thanks again Morgan!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 10:43 AM
    02-17-15 10:43 AM
    BBRY been oddly quiet after setting a frenetic pace in the latter half of 2014.

Execution time? Partnership time? Deal time?

Posted via CB10
    I think mostly A, with a little bit of B and C. All hands on deck for BES signups. And maybe a few hands polishing up their next stunning phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 10:44 AM
    Hi all! Hi Morgan!

It has been a while since I posted my chart. Here is a quick update.

I think, we have an ascending triangle. This triangle pattern consists of the bottom and top blue lines. And as you can see, this pattern has started to form since John Chen took over. The bottom line is what I have referred as Line E in the previous charts. This line has been a strong support line. BBRY bounces off it, when it is pushed down. The fluctuation of the top part of the stock is a bit wilder than the bottom is, so it takes times to confirm the pattern. In any case, the pattern looks pretty clear now, and I use $11.15 to normalize the top line of this pattern. $11.15 is not the threshold to break though. I think, the threshold is above $13.

When this pattern resolves, my estimate is to see $17 - $18 range.

Daily chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-02-17-11.30.09-am.png
    02-17-15 10:48 AM
    OT

PSDV and THLD both doing exactly what someone thought they would. Thanks M8! More good news to come!
    02-17-15 10:53 AM
    I think our next stop is the 50-dma at $ 10.33/shr not the $ 10.25/shr point which really isn't in play on a TA basis. Once we clear the 50-dma we are likely to head back up to the top of the channel again. Let's see what happens here.
    No sooner said.....ba da boom.
    02-17-15 10:55 AM
    Aside from a short period of time outside this range, we have been locked inside a $ 9.75/shr to $ 11.10/shr range, bouncing off the 200-dma on Wednesday of last week and heading for the 50-dma this week. With Russia backing down and oil prices moving back up, the world is a better place now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Noname.png 
Views:	899 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	334176

Already at $10.32. You Sir, are a genius lol

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    02-17-15 10:56 AM
    http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-e...lawsuit-774312

BlackBerry Dials Up Second Lawsuit Against Ryan Seacrest's Typo (Exclusive)

By Eriq Gardner
    February 17, 2015 | 10:57am EST

Full Size Image
    The second season of Ryan Seacrest's Typo is too much like the first, according to BlackBerry Limited.

The once dominant smartphone maker is again suing Typo, alleging in a new complaint filed on Monday in California federal court that its mobile keyboard designs have been "slavishly copied...down to the smallest detail, including the layout of the keyboard itself, the shapes of the keys, and the surface sculpting of the keys."

Seacrest reportedly invested $1 million in the company and has promoted the start-up on CNN, at the Consumer Electronics Show and elsewhere. Upon introduction to the market in early 2004, Typo was hit by a lawsuit from BlackBerry, which prevailed upon the judge to issue a preliminary injunction. Just two weeks ago, Typo was ordered to pay $860,000 in sanctions for violating the injunction by shipping its products outside of the United States.

In reaction to the judge's sanctions order, a Typo spokesperson stressed that the lawsuit "has no impact on the Typo 2 product currently in the marketplace."

Maybe not Lawsuit 1.0, but how about Lawsuit 2.0?

"Just as they did with the Typo Keyboard, Defendants have again copied numerous proprietary BlackBerry designs and patents in the Typo2 Keyboard," states the complaint. "The Typo2 Keyboard still blatantly copies BlackBerry�s iconic keyboard trade dress designs that have been embodied in numerous BlackBerry smartphones from the 2007 BlackBerry 8800 to the current Q10 and Classic models. The Typo2 Keyboard also infringes numerous BlackBerry utility patents related to BlackBerry�s proprietary keyboard design, backlighting and typing automation technologies."

The lawsuit quotes various product reviews in the press that make comments like the "Blackberry influence remains," and stresses that Typo has willfully copied "instead of re-designing their product to steer clear of BlackBerry's trade dress designs."

Seeking all kinds of damages, including another injunction, BlackBerry via its lawyers at Quinn Emanuel says it aims "to put an end to Defendants' pattern and practice of unlawful conduct."

Typo declined comment about the lawsuit. Meanwhile, both sides are scheduled to engage in mediation this morning.

Ooooooooooo! A sequel!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 10:56 AM
    Thank you JLogan!!!
    Hi all! Hi Morgan!

I think, we have an ascending triangle. This triangle pattern consists of the bottom and top blue lines. And as you can see, this pattern has started to form since John Chen took over. The bottom line is what I have referred as Line E in the previous charts. This line has been a strong support line. BBRY bounces off it, when it is pushed down. The fluctuation of the top part of the stock is a bit wilder than the bottom is, so it takes times to confirm the pattern. In any case, the pattern looks pretty clear now, and I use $11.15 to normalize the top line of this pattern. $11.15 is not the threshold to break though. I think, the threshold is above $13.

Daily chart:

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 11.30.09 AM.png 
Views:	2151 
Size:	229.7 KB 
ID:	334177
    02-17-15 10:57 AM

Morgan has spoken. Proceed beyond $10.25...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150217_115709.png

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub, neteng1000, dusdal and 2 others like this.
    02-17-15 11:01 AM
    http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/co...?blogid=124391

This morning, Cowen and Company raised its price target for BBRY to $10 from $9 -- a mark the shares already surpassed on Friday, finishing at $10.09. The brokerage firm maintained its "market perform" recommendation on the security, which has tacked on 12.4% in the past 52 weeks. Despite BlackBerry Ltd's success on the charts, most analysts remain unconvinced. Specifically, 83% of brokerage firms tracking the equity deem it a "hold" or worse. Not only that, but options traders too are pessimistic toward BBRY. At the ISE, CBOE, and PHLX, the stock's 10-day put/call volume ratio of 0.57 ranks higher than 90% of all such readings from the past year. If the shares can regain momentum, a round of analyst upgrades and/or a reversal of speculator sentiment could provide a boost. In electronic trading, BBRY is flirting with a 0.3% lead.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-17-15 11:06 AM
    Hi all! Hi Morgan!

Daily chart:

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 11.30.09 AM.png 
Views:	2151 
Size:	229.7 KB 
ID:	334177
    Hi JLagoon!!

I responded to bspence87 when you are the one that could have answered his question better! A two week 3-minute chart from you would have shown him that $ 10.25/shr has some 5-day resistance to it, but not enough to matter. That would have been a better answer to his question.

Now, as for your chart, I like it, I have been promoting a chart for the past 8 1/2 months now that looks like this:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-feb-17-2015-c.png

On our last rally on takeover news, we closed at $ 12.80/she but in AH, we hit $ 13.25/shr which was my target to confirm my chart pattern for 2015. This means that we have supported this channel for 11 months now so my projection for another rally is to see us hit at least $ 13.50/shr in the weeks ahead. Within that channel is a green line which appears to be solid resistance for the stock outside of news. When we clear that line we can expect to see a solid rally. So far, the general market seems to have stalled out on world news but the lower price of oil with drive the general market much higher in the months ahead. Soon, we should start to hear from Chen regarding BES12 uptake, anything positive and we are off.

I installed a new PC this weekend as my old one burnt out, it takes me a long time to get everything up and running so I haven't been to the board for awhile. Glad to see you are still following BBRY!
    02-17-15 11:06 AM
    BlackBerry Dials Up Second Lawsuit Against Ryan Seacrest's Typo (Exclusive) - The Hollywood Reporter

I was wondering about this !! thank you for posting.

Even Typo 2 was in violation the way it was designed in my books !!

Hopefully they come to verdict soon since the first Typo judgement came out already.
    02-17-15 11:13 AM
113,250 ... 32053206320732083209 ...