View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    MOBL isn't AMZN. They can't be running losses forever and they don't have the cash reserves that BlackBerry had and has been able to retain during its transition.

MOBL results were ok. Loses are expected, they're burning cash to win customers that will generate a permanent flow of monthly payments. Losses in the first few years are a natural consequence of the SaaS business model.
    Probably BlackBerry's software segment is also losing money, in fact software revenue is falling as BlackBerry is transitioning from perpetual licenses, which implies a big upfront payment, to a service in which payments are distributed temporally into future.

If MobileIron is capable of building a good business, then cash reserves are irrelevant. Investor would wait in a line to give them money.
    02-13-15 03:06 PM
    Happy weekend all...for those of you who have never experienced Canada's north west...have a look:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-facebook-20150208-072010.png

Classically Posted.
    02-13-15 03:15 PM

If MobileIron is capable of building a good business, then cash reserves are irrelevant. Investor would wait in a line to give them money.
    I disagree 100%. If the initial offering was burned through, I don't think anyone will wait in line to do it again.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 03:21 PM
    For someone who doesn't follow technicals the SP movement this week seems pretty *****. Nice to see it finish above ten with a push at the very end of the day as well.

Good week all and a better weekend.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 03:22 PM
    Happy weekend all...for those of you who have never experienced Canada's north west...have a look:

Classically Posted.
    Stunning Shane, my friends in Europe can't wait to visit BC and Alberta with me!! Have an awesome weekend all!!
    02-13-15 03:22 PM
    You guys should feel my pain, as the Passport won't work with verizon and I already had a bad experience with AT&T. You guys should enjoy the phone one little more to compensate my pain. cheers
    Okay my bro's, just ordered a Red Passport with the extra discount....
    02-13-15 03:46 PM
    Thanks for this, but let's not forget the champs and 1st runner up:
    Nigeria and S. Africa.

Uh, go Africa!
    02-13-15 04:30 PM
    I disagree 100%. If the initial offering was burned through, I don't think anyone will wait in line to do it again.

Posted via CB10
    ... and if I may add:

CASH RESERVES ARE ALWAYS RELEVANT.
    02-13-15 04:40 PM
    From the Related Technologies and Security files, part of the IoT:

A glimpse into the future of money: Spain's banking revolution shows what's next for your cash | ZDNet

"Banks of the future will have to be more than banks." Putting the customer at the heart of the business is the new mantra across the banking sector. In a country with high levels of smartphone penetration (81 percent of Spaniards own one, according to a report by Fundaci�n Telef�nica ), mobile has become the main driver of Spain's banking revolution.
    02-13-15 04:44 PM
    OT general information from the Related Technologies files:

Apple to borrow '$6.5bn' despite record profits - Telegraph

Apple has previously used the proceeds of bond sales to fund share buybacks and appease investors such as the activist Carl Icahn who want to see it return more of its vast wealth to them. By taking on new debt for buybacks, Apple is able to avoid large US tax bills for repatriating cash. Low interest rates mean corporate debt costs less than under more usual economic conditions, and much less than paying tax. Apple's policy of hoarding the profits of international sales of iPhone, iPads and Macs offshore has prompted criticism from American politicians. Apple's tax arrangement with the Irish government is currently under investigation by European competition watchdogs over allegations it amounts to illegal state aid.
    02-13-15 05:02 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	facebook-20150208-072010.png 
Views:	3159 
Size:	588.6 KB 
ID:	333495

Classically Posted.
    I hate winter, but that is a fabulous shot!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 05:32 PM

Classically Posted.
    Thanks for the wallpaper!

Have a great weekend.
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 02-13-15 at 06:02 PM.
    theRock1975 and 3MIKE like this.
    02-13-15 05:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Not very reassuring, that's for sure. Big "if" and gamble.

Wouldn't it better if MobileIron was capable of building a good business, and maintain their cash reserves?
    (like BB?)

That is when I would get in line to invest....
    02-13-15 06:09 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

Anthem data breach cost likely to smash $100 million barrier | ZDNet

The US health insurance provider's cyber insurance policy, led by the American International Group, covers losses of up to $100 million. However, when a company has up to 80 million current and previous customers, staff and investors to contact, reassure and notify, this amount may not be enough. According to Joseph Swedish, President and CEO of Anthem, the data stolen included client names, dates of birth, physical and email addresses, medical IDs and Social Security numbers. However, there is no current evidence to suggest financial information or medical data -- such as test results -- were taken. Reports suggest the healthcare insurance provider did not encrypt the Social Security numbers contained in the database. Anthem is the second-largest US healthcare insurance provider. The company's data breach is being investigated by the FBI and FireEye's Mandiant cyberforensics team is working with Anthem to analyze the security failure.
    02-13-15 06:36 PM
    Alright, do I have to show up for the stock to behave nicely ?
    (that's not even close to serious lol)

Happy weekend in green over USD10 gang !!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150214_014416.png

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 06:46 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

Anthem data breach cost likely to smash $100 million barrier | ZDNet

The US health insurance provider's cyber insurance policy, led by the American International Group, covers losses of up to $100 million. However, when a company has up to 80 million current and previous customers, staff and investors to contact, reassure and notify, this amount may not be enough. According to Joseph Swedish, President and CEO of Anthem, the data stolen included client names, dates of birth, physical and email addresses, medical IDs and Social Security numbers. However, there is no current evidence to suggest financial information or medical data -- such as test results -- were taken. Reports suggest the healthcare insurance provider did not encrypt the Social Security numbers contained in the database. Anthem is the second-largest US healthcare insurance provider. The company's data breach is being investigated by the FBI and FireEye's Mandiant cyberforensics team is working with Anthem to analyze the security failure.
    Let's not forget,

"this hack is much worse than the average data breach. If your debit card number is compromised�think of Target�s data breach�the worst thing that happens is, after some headache, you get your money refunded and a new card. But if your Social Security number is compromised, identity thieves can wreak havoc on your life."

and

" hackers have stolen members� Social Security numbers, names, birthdays, medical IDs, and more sensitive personal information in a massive data breach".
    02-13-15 07:01 PM
    Reading material.

Interesting second last paragraph!

UPDATE 3-Obama urges execs to cooperate more against cyberattacks (Thomson Reuters)

(Adds Obama interview with Re/code website, paragraphs 6, 9 and 14)

By Jeff Mason and Joseph Menn

PALO ALTO, Calif., Feb 13 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama asked U.S. executives on Friday for closer cooperation in defending against hackers after high-profile attacks on companies like Sony that exposed weaknesses in America's cyber defenses.

Speaking at Stanford University, Obama told Silicon Valley and financial services CEOs that they needed to share more information more quickly both with each other and with his administration.

"Government cannot do this alone. But the fact is that the private sector can't do it alone either because it's government that often has the latest information on new threats," he told a gathering of CEOs.

Obama has moved cybersecurity toward the top of his 2015 agenda after the recent breaches but senior figures from the tech world who are at odds with the administration over government surveillance stayed away from his speech.

The Sony attack was particularly worrying for U.S. officials, who blamed North Korea for stealing data, debilitating computers and pressuring the studio to halt the release of "The Interview," a satirical film about leader Kim Jong Un.

Obama, in an interview with tech news website Re/code, said the Sony attack was especially worrisome because "it's not as if North Korea is particularly good as this." The president added that China and Russia are "very good" and Iran is "good" at cyberattacks.

"There's only one way to defend America from these cyber threats and that is through government and industry working together, sharing appropriate information as true partners," Obama said in his speech.

He met privately with a small group of business leaders in Silicon Valley to try to mend fences with tech companies still smarting over damage to their businesses when government surveillance practices were exposed by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden.

Obama acknowledged in the Re/code interview that the Snowden disclosures "were really harmful in terms of the trust between the government and many of these companies, in part because it had an impact on their bottom lines."

Upset about the lack of reforms to surveillance programs, the CEOs of Google Inc, Facebook Inc and Yahoo Inc stayed away from Friday's conference.

Apple Inc Chief Executive Tim Cook gave an address and CEOs from PayPal, Intel Corporation, Visa and other financial services companies attended.

Cook warned about unspecified threats to privacy.

"We still live in a world where not all people are treated equally. Too many people are not free to practice their religion, or speak their mind, or love who they choose," Cook said. "If those of us in positions of responsibility fail to do everything in our power to protect the right to privacy, we risk far more than money ... we risk our way of life."

In his Re/code interview, Obama said Europe's concern about privacy for users of Facebook and Google are "more commercially driven than anything else." He said European companies that "can't compete with ours" are using the issue to try to put up "roadblocks" for U.S. tech firms.

MALICIOUS ACTIVITY

American Express Co CEO Kenneth Chenault said there was ample room for improving cooperation against hacking.

Though the card issuer scans constantly for threats, Chenault said only 5 percent of the cases the company finds are already the subject of warnings from other members in the financial sector's well-regarded Information Sharing and Analysis Center. Only 1 percent of the threats has already been flagged by the federal government.

"Information-sharing may be the single highest-impact, lowest-cost and fastest way to implement capabilities we have in hand as a nation to accelerate our overall defense," Chenault said.

The White House wants businesses to exchange more information about any attacks as rapidly as possible.

While at Stanford, Obama signed an executive order aimed making that happen by promoting hubs where companies can share information with each other and with the Department of Homeland Security.

If emails hit employees at one company with a link to a website loaded with code that can give hackers access to the network, that company should feel free to warn its competitors without worrying about antitrust or privacy rules, the White House argues.

The administration would like to automate the process as much as possible, so that machines would be informed what malicious websites or email addresses to block within minutes.

"The information we want to be moving is the information on things that actually indicate malicious activity. And so that's malware indicators, that's indicators of compromise, that's bad IP addresses," Michael Daniel, the White House's cybersecurity coordinator, told reporters.

Obama's executive order is one step in a long effort to make companies as well as privacy and consumer advocates more comfortable with proposed legislation that would offer firms protection from being sued for handing over customer information to the government.

Some executives said cybersecurity issues were leading to greater fragmentation of global business, and that the private sector could not overcome that without more serious discussion between governments.

"There's a protectionism developing," said Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan. "You've got to store the data here, you've got to use these providers."

(Additional reporting by Joseph Menn, Julia Edwards and Amanda Becker; Writing by Alistair Bell; Editing by John Whitesides, Christian Plumb and Eric Beech)

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975, rarsen, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    02-13-15 09:40 PM
    Just purchased a sexy red passport. Stay tuned for pictures . I know it won't be as hot as some of thoses swim suit models but it's close for use tech buffs.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 09:48 PM
    Wow! Technology is great:

itle : Lumpy Tablet by Tactus - HD
    Author : PIXEL PLANET
    Video url :

Old, but I didn't even know this existed. Kinda like training wheels for the Passport. They are currently claiming that they are making this for the iPhone 6 series.
    02-13-15 10:44 PM
    Weekend OT

In honor of Valentines

Some ripe old cheese

Enjoy.... I hope?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 11:33 PM

Classically Posted.
    Did you take this one with the classic?? :O
    Stunning!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 04:06 AM
    Did you take this one with the classic?? :O
    Stunning!

Posted via CB10
    LOL, no way that photo was taken from a Blackberry.
    02-14-15 06:35 AM
    ;-) Thanks for clarification!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 07:28 AM
    Apple Watch or Fitbit? President Barack Obama Wants to Try Both. | Re/code

Obama chooses his gadgets carefully, and he certainly does not suffer from device overload. Far from it. He sticks to his trusty BlackBerry � �I�m so restricted in what I can do, it�s mainly just messages,� he said � and his Apple iPad, which he uses for �non-work-related stuff.�
    The day President Obama came to Stanford

Stanford President John Hennessy welcomed President Barack Obama as the first president to truly understand the cybersecurity risk, because he is the first president to be constantly digitally connected. As an avid BlackBerry user, Hennessy said, Obama had to get his phone's security updated when he became president or risk losing his device. Luckily, the technology existed to update his phone, Hennessy said, and Obama can stay connected.
    3MIKE, rarsen, kadakn01 and 5 others like this.
    02-14-15 08:14 AM
    I think he was actually asking Shannerredflag...

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 08:33 AM
113,256 ... 32003201320232033204 ...